Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Sh1T Happens!

Red Bull 'draws line' under Turkey crash

By Pablo Elizalde Thursday, June 3rd 2010, 12:04 GMT

Red Bull Racing says it has a drawn a line under the crash between Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber in Turkey following a meeting in its factory on Thursday. post-1048-127556974733_thumb.jpg

In a statement issued today, Red Bull said Webber and Vettel met with team boss Christian Horner, tech chief Adrian Newey and consultant Helmut Marko at the factory today in Milton Keynes.

"It was a positive meeting, which draws a line under the incident that happened on lap 40 of the Turkish Grand Prix. The team is now fully focused on next week's Canadian Grand Prix," said the statement, which included a photograph of Vettel and Webber taken at the factory and captioned 'S*** happens'.

"The team had got us into a great position and it wasn't good for them what happened - so I'm sorry for them that we lost the lead of the race," said Vettel.

"Mark and I are racers and we were racing. We are professionals and it won't change how we will work together going forward. We have a great team and the spirit is very strong. I'm looking forward to Canada."

Webber added: "It's a shame for the team, as we lost a good opportunity to win the race. It's sport and these things can happen, but it shouldn't have done.

"I feel for everyone at Red Bull, at the factory and everyone involved. Seb and I will make sure it doesn't happen again and will continue to work openly together, no problem. We have talked enough on it now, it's done, we're looking ahead and I'm focused on the race in Canada next week."

autosport.com

All's well within the RBR world it seems....

We'll see.

Yeah we will see, Canada is going to be a special race for them, I think it is going to be the fisrt time that RBR won't take the pole, I expect to see Hamilton and the F-Duct on pole there followed by RB's that fisrt corner is going to be great. :clap3:

I actually think Kubica's got a shot at victory.

Anyway, good to hear. I'm bored of this speculation as to whether they are going to fall out or not. Sure, I was curious to see what the immediate reaction would be, but come on. They are both grown-ups. Neither Mark or Seb strike me as the primma-dona type that were in McLaren in '07. Seb is young and super talented, a future champion for sure, whilst Mark probably knows that this is his best shot yet at the title. Why compromise that?

And if there was such an issue, why are they both about to pen new deals for Red Bull?

who cares...lets go racing... :beer22: :beer22: :beer22:

I am hoping for a 24 races season, at least before we had the tests but now the is just controversy between races, I like that but some peopel get tired of that very quickly so teh more races the better.

who cares...lets go racing... :beer22: :beer22: :beer22:

I agree. Let the talking stop and the engines start!

I am hoping for a 24 races season, at least before we had the tests but now the is just controversy between races, I like that but some peopel get tired of that very quickly so teh more races the better.

I get bored of the same thing in this context quite quickly. It was fun to see if Seb might throw a punch or vice versa and who the team would blame, etc, etc, but it's in the past now. No point arguing over something that's in the past when there is a championship to win.

That is the most cheesiest photo ever! I think if I was one of those drivers I would be more embarrassed by that pose than the crash! ohmy.gif

I agree!

That is the most cheesiest photo ever! I think if I was one of those drivers I would be more embarrassed by that pose than the crash! ohmy.gif

I agree too, waching that picture makes you think if all that drama about the crash was premaditated :eusa_think:

Probably a reference that only an American would get, but here it is:

That photo looks like Greg and Bobby Brady after a joy-ride in dad's car.

24 races would be awesome. the emptiness between races is too long. im sure drivers think the same.

I get bored of the same thing in this context quite quickly. It was fun to see if Seb might throw a punch or vice versa and who the team would blame, etc, etc, but it's in the past now. No point arguing over something that's in the past when there is a championship to win.

have to say RBR "solved the problem" in a very diplomatic way. honestly, i didn't expect that.

Haha, the photo is cheesy, but it's a bit of fun. I guess only Red Bull would do something like that. A photo of a similar sort for McLaren would probably bare a striking resemblance to a funeral on a wet Wednesday.