Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Persevere

Grand Prix Du Canada

Great race. Unbelievable application from LH and JB. Alonso was fantastic too. Michael Schumacher's driving was abominable. Pure desperation, the behaviour of a four year old whose toys have been taken way. He even destroyed his team mate's chance of a point with a callous and destructive manoeuvre. He's a fish out of water - time to go home to the family, Schumi - the game is up.

Say it like you mean it!

Looks like everyone enjoyed this one. I'm looking forward to watching it today and then I'll comment later.

Looks like everyone enjoyed this one. I'm looking forward to watching it today and then I'll comment later.

Why must you twatfaces always feel the need to just make false generalizations about everything?

I, for one, hated this race with a burning passion. Lewis Hamilton is pro-choice and there were too many passes.

And what was Liuzzi thinking, passing Michael Schumacher like that? It was way too dangerous to overtake today with those tires but those stupid hooligans still insisted on doing so. The thought of doing anything but playing it safe with all the gophers around the circuit really disgusts me...that would be like having to sit next to a minority at a lunch counter or a woman receiving a salary equal to that of a man of equal position and experience! It's just wrong and it violates everything I stand for! There could have been contact! Do you want to see contact? That could launch a car upwards and through a shoddy, rusty 100-year-old fence and get someone hurt! Oh wait, this isn't IndyCar, nevermind. Zing...though it wasn't too funny because that actually happened a few weeks ago and that's seriously pathetic for modern-day closed-circuit semi-competitive motor vehicular operation. It was a lot funnier when the homosexual kid left class and the teacher asked where he had gone and someone said "the lady's room" and the teacher laughed because intolerance is not only right but also hilarious. Why didn't the FIA investigate all the overtaking maneuvers and punish them after the race? I say 10 positions on the grid for every on-track overtake one particular driver made because it's just disgracing the sport and I hate it and I won't watch another grand prix this year. Well, that last part was true, I probably won't watch another grand prix this year because this is the only one I actually did watch. I suppose I watched half of Bahrain, but that was more of a funeral procession than a grand prix.

The race was pretty good, actually, but I've just lost a lot of interest in motor racing in general.

Liuzzi: No complaints about Schumi

Sunday, 13 June 2010 22:34

Tonio Liuzzi said he thoroughly enjoyed his physical dice with Michael Schumacher at the end of the Canadian Grand Prix and had no complaints about the former champion's defensive tactics.

With Schumacher struggling on extremely worn super soft tyres, Liuzzi quickly caught the Mercedes, and eventually made it past on the last lap after a lot of wheel banging and secured ninth.

"For sure Michael was struggling, and after all the gains we'd made with the overtaking and the hard race, I didn't want to give up," said Liuzzi, who had charged back through the field after a first corner clash with Felipe Massa meant his third row start went to waste.

"For sure it was not easy because you always have to risk a bit, but Michael is great and was fair.

"We've always had a great battle the few times he's been close to me in the past - he's a great champion and doesn't drive with closed eyes.

"He understood that I was much, much faster, we had a little contact but at the end of the day it worked."

Liuzzi's Force India team-mate Adrian Sutil also passed Schumacher at the end to take 10th.

"I saw it coming - Michael had a big problem with the tyres at end," said Sutil.

"We all had problems, but he probably had more!

"I got the slipstream on the last straight and passed him into the chicane, and it was nice to get the final point."

The result was a relief for Sutil who had lost a lot of time with a puncture earlier on.

"It was difficult because I had a flat tyre early in the race and I lost around 20s because I had to do the whole lap losing time and damaged my car quite a lot," he said.

"Then I was just driving with a damaged car for the whole race, that's why I think I can be happy to still have a single point."

Liuzzi was also satisfied even though he had started in the top five.

"I was sure that Montreal would be a crazy race and I have to say I enjoyed it a lot," he said.

"It was a shame to lose the places at the start because Felipe just massively closed the door, but I don't completely blame Felipe because it's part of racing - and when you want to win everything at the first corner that can happen.

"It was a shame because we were optimised for this kind of starting position, but we had a good race - we were fast and did more laps than anybody else with a set of primes.

"Overall we can be proud - we're showed that we're ready to score points any time."

Why must you twatfaces always feel the need to just make false generalizations about everything?

I, for one, hated this race with a burning passion. Lewis Hamilton is pro-choice and there were too many passes.

And what was Liuzzi thinking, passing Michael Schumacher like that? It was way too dangerous to overtake today with those tires but those stupid hooligans still insisted on doing so. The thought of doing anything but playing it safe with all the gophers around the circuit really disgusts me...that would be like having to sit next to a minority at a lunch counter or a woman receiving a salary equal to that of a man of equal position and experience! It's just wrong and it violates everything I stand for! There could have been contact! Do you want to see contact? That could launch a car upwards and through a shoddy, rusty 100-year-old fence and get someone hurt! Oh wait, this isn't IndyCar, nevermind. Zing...though it wasn't too funny because that actually happened a few weeks ago and that's seriously pathetic for modern-day closed-circuit semi-competitive motor vehicular operation. It was a lot funnier when the homosexual kid left class and the teacher asked where he had gone and someone said "the lady's room" and the teacher laughed because intolerance is not only right but also hilarious. Why didn't the FIA investigate all the overtaking maneuvers and punish them after the race? I say 10 positions on the grid for every on-track overtake one particular driver made because it's just disgracing the sport and I hate it and I won't watch another grand prix this year. Well, that last part was true, I probably won't watch another grand prix this year because this is the only one I actually did watch. I suppose I watched half of Bahrain, but that was more of a funeral procession than a grand prix.

The race was pretty good, actually, but I've just lost a lot of interest in motor racing in general.

Quite possibly the best and funniest post I've read in a while round these parts. Eric, do come back more often and update your bloody blog man. :thbup:

:lol:

Was that your "Goodbye I'm leaving TF1" speech? I do hope not.

I should probably put this in the rant thread but I'm putting it here:

The electricity for my whole area went out ten minutes before the start of the race. In case you didn't get the gravity of the situation furious.gif "THE ELECTRICITY WENT OUT SO I COULDN'T WATCH THE RACE!!!!!!!" No TV, no recording, no internet, nothing!!! ARGH!! furious.gif After trying to find my old modem that I don't have to plug in to the electrics and sulking for a bit (and boy did I sulk), my dad had the idea of listening to the car radio. So we sat in the car on the drive, listening to a really poor signal of F1 coverage. It was really hard to understand considering how hectic the race was and no picture, I found it really hard to follow and the reception was really bad particularly when they mentioned important details...

Oh no! "Bzzzzzzzz" has had a bump with "bzzzzzz"

Lewis Hamilton is "bzzzzz"

Vettel is the fastest man on track he's in "bzzzzz" position and only "bzzzzz" seconds away from Button.

I was and still am completely gutted! I've since watched the highlights but it's nothing like watching the whole race live. And trust it to be the best race of the season dam.gif

I should probably put this in the rant thread but I'm putting it here:

The electricity for my whole area went out ten minutes before the start of the race. In case you didn't get the gravity of the situation furious.gif "THE ELECTRICITY WENT OUT SO I COULDN'T WATCH THE RACE!!!!!!!" No TV, no recording, no internet, nothing!!! ARGH!! furious.gif After trying to find my old modem that I don't have to plug in to the electrics and sulking for a bit (and boy did I sulk), my dad had the idea of listening to the car radio. So we sat in the car on the drive, listening to a really poor signal of F1 coverage. It was really hard to understand considering how hectic the race was and no picture, I found it really hard to follow and the reception was really bad particularly when they mentioned important details...

Oh no! "Bzzzzzzzz" has had a bump with "bzzzzzz"

Lewis Hamilton is "bzzzzz"

Vettel is the fastest man on track he's in "bzzzzz" position and only "bzzzzz" seconds away from Button.

I was and still am completely gutted! I've since watched the highlights but it's nothing like watching the whole race live. And trust it to be the best race of the season dam.gif

:lol: if it is any consolation, I also missed the race, only like the 3rd in 10 yearss. I had to bloody work :angry:

Brad, Kate, don't worry. You just missed the race all history books on F1 will talk about for generations to come. Hopefully, you will be able to watch Valencia in two weeks which will be as thrilling as studying moss formations, or hearing Ron Dennis talking about the new McLaren.

Oh well, I also missed it because I was going to meet someone I see about once a year, so I don't regret it as much, but still... why couldn't it have been Valencia? >.< I'm gonna write down that sentence about moss formations, it'll come in handy...

EDIT: can't read...

Brad, Kate, don't worry. You just missed the race all history books on F1 will talk about for generations to come. Hopefully, you will be able to watch Valencia in two weeks which will be as thrilling as studying moss formations, or hearing Ron Dennis talking about the new McLaren.

Is that like a Trulli train?

Great race. Michael was shocking. If he hadn't have been so daft in his defence over Kubica, he could have had a nice result. The extra stop and the desire to stay out or do another stop meant he was on the back foot. Why did the stewards, in deciding that he hadn't brake tested Felipe, conclude that was the issue? What about the fact that Michael moved twice on him?

Button's opportunistic move on Fernando was ballsy and brilliant. F-duct or not, that took skill and bravery. Just when I was thinking that Hamilton was clearly the better driver in this race, Button proved me wrong. They were even. It was just Lewis's extra brilliance on saturday that sealed it.

I sat with a mate who is far more astute than me, but he couldn't read or fathom the race early on, just like me. Fantastic.

Canada is an anamoly though. I think normal service will be resumed in a couple of races, ie Red Bull still quickest, regaining their position at the top, with Ferrari slipping back towards Merc and Reanault. It's still Sebabstien's championship, in my opinion. Eddie Jordan harping on about how McLaren are now the dominant force, demonstrates exactly why he shouldn't be part of the BBC's team.

Great race. Michael was shocking. If he hadn't have been so daft in his defence over Kubica, he could have had a nice result. The extra stop and the desire to stay out or do another stop meant he was on the back foot. Why did the stewards, in deciding that he hadn't brake tested Felipe, conclude that was the issue? What about the fact that Michael moved twice on him?

Button's opportunistic move on Fernando was ballsy and brilliant. F-duct or not, that took skill and bravery. Just when I was thinking that Hamilton was clearly the better driver in this race, Button proved me wrong. They were even. It was just Lewis's extra brilliance on saturday that sealed it.

I sat with a mate who is far more astute than me, but he couldn't read or fathom the race early on, just like me. Fantastic.

Canada is an anamoly though. I think normal service will be resumed in a couple of races, ie Red Bull still quickest, regaining their position at the top, with Ferrari slipping back towards Merc and Reanault. It's still Sebabstien's championship, in my opinion. Eddie Jordan harping on about how McLaren are now the dominant force, demonstrates exactly why he shouldn't be part of the BBC's team.

I agree about Eddie Jordan, although he does provide a certain comedy value.

Perhaps he suffers from "James Allen syndrome". That is, he knows a lot about F1 but just can't express it very well in spoken form. Although maybe that is being harsh on Allen, who judging by his blog does seem to have an extensive knowledge and understanding of F1, and was in a much harder position of commentating on live action as it unfolded. Jordan's job however is easier, they have some kind of script, yet he still makes a lot of bad calls and forms completely bizarre sentences (I can never tell whether he is going to ask a question or make a statement). In that regard, perhaps a better comparison is Mark Blundell, I wonder what he's pulling out of the bag these days.

Legard is another problem, but that's for another post.

Eddie Jordan harping on about how McLaren are now the dominant force, demonstrates exactly why he shouldn't be part of the BBC's team.

I recall Ron telling Eddie that he talks a lot of rubbish on TV these days..or something like that and after that they hugged n so on....-_-....yea....Eddie likes to exaggerate....

Hey, don't mock good old Trulli! I miss hearing his pit radio transmissions, always complaining about lack of grip and always sounding like a lost squadron in Normandy calling for reinforcements: "I have no grip!! I have no grip!! Mediiiiic!!" Those were the days!

Now, we learn that he DNF because of some hydraulical problem 20 laps before and nobody even cared (probably, not even his own team) except when he chooses to go down with a bang and crash.

:lol: if it is any consolation, I also missed the race, only like the 3rd in 10 yearss. I had to bloody work :angry:

Nope it's doesn't make me feel better knowing you missed it too, just more mad...stupid work how dare they make you work when F1 is on?? Sorry you missed it.

:laughing: Thanks, I feel much better now, you meanie! There's nothing like rubbing it in is there?! :D

Oh well, I also missed it because I was going to meet someone I see about once a year, so I don't regret it as much, but still... why couldn't it have been Valencia? >.< I'm gonna write down that sentence about moss formations, it'll come in handy...

EDIT: can't read...

sorry you missed out too. But at least you had a good reason to miss it, hope visiting your friend was fun :)

Kate, iPlayer is your friend. Brad, Tanita, chin up :)

wub.gif I love you!!!!!!!!! I didn't know it was on iplayer in full!!! I've never missed a race before so never used iplayer to watch it. I'm so happy! banana.gifThank you!!

I agree about Eddie Jordan, although he does provide a certain comedy value.

Perhaps he suffers from "James Allen syndrome". That is, he knows a lot about F1 but just can't express it very well in spoken form. Although maybe that is being harsh on Allen, who judging by his blog does seem to have an extensive knowledge and understanding of F1, and was in a much harder position of commentating on live action as it unfolded. Jordan's job however is easier, they have some kind of script, yet he still makes a lot of bad calls and forms completely bizarre sentences (I can never tell whether he is going to ask a question or make a statement). In that regard, perhaps a better comparison is Mark Blundell, I wonder what he's pulling out of the bag these days.

Legard is another problem, but that's for another post.

:laughing: Just his clothes alone add a comedy value! Yeah I love his questioning technique..he asks a question then answers it! haha classic! But I do love it when he attacks random F1 guys and drags them to be interviewed.

Don't get me started on Legard...

Quite possibly the best and funniest post I've read in a while round these parts. Eric, do come back more often and update your bloody blog man. :thbup:

Almost on summer break so I'll probably give the blog some attention then, and probably post on the forum more too. I could probably do a 10-part series on everything I could have blogged about in the past school year that I never did. :P

:lol:

Was that your "Goodbye I'm leaving TF1" speech? I do hope not.

No. I won't leave TF1 again unless Japan win a football match.

Oh sh*t. ;)

(No, really, that was more of a comeback than a goodbye).

I miss Ron-Speak sad.gif Whitmarsh, as much as he makes an effort, cannot equal the master of blandshetocity. The few times they showed Ron, I was hoping he'd speak, but .... oh well.

Well said, sir. I wholeheartedly agree.

wub.gif I love you!!!!!!!!! I didn't know it was on iplayer in full!!! I've never missed a race before so never used iplayer to watch it. I'm so happy! :banana:Thank you!!

Glad to help, enjoy! :banana:

:laughing: Just his clothes alone add a comedy value! Yeah I love his questioning technique..he asks a question then answers it! haha classic! But I do love it when he attacks random F1 guys and drags them to be interviewed.

Don't get me started on Legard...

Yes! That's exactly it. It's funny to see the little looks that DC and Jake give each other when Eddie is talking :lol:

After James Allen and now Legard.. makes me wonder whether Brundle will ever get a decent sparring partner in the commentary box.

Just back home to Toronto from Montreal were I spent the past 4 days watching some brilliant action. The race was superb, the qualifying excellent and even the junior events throughout the weekend highly exciting.

Hamilton had a great weekend, his qualifying was stunning which he followed up in the race with some nice passing. Actually, there was so much passing throughout and that kept it exciting. With tires and breaks struggling and teams forced to do multiple pit stops it really spiced up the race. Was enjoyable watching Schumacher being his ruthless self but a shame he couldn't have been more competitive. I liked the fact he was letting the younger drivers know that just because his car was struggling they couldn't expect a free ride past him. I believe the minute he lets his guard down in such a way he'll be finished. Still, great to see him race in person again. Hamilton was my driver of the weekend but a number of guys had strong races.

Then there is the nightlife in Montreal. Absolutely brilliant whether it be on the lively Crescent St. or in the chilled out Old Montreal. Both excellent and both caped off great evenings after fine days at the track.

Nope it's doesn't make me feel better knowing you missed it too, just more mad...stupid work how dare they make you work when F1 is on?? Sorry you missed it.

:laughing: Thanks, I feel much better now, you meanie! There's nothing like rubbing it in is there?! :D

sorry you missed out too. But at least you had a good reason to miss it, hope visiting your friend was fun :)

wub.gif I love you!!!!!!!!! I didn't know it was on iplayer in full!!! I've never missed a race before so never used iplayer to watch it. I'm so happy! banana.gifThank you!!

Why is it the last part of your post reminds me of Massa? Is just so happy nices I love you thankses nicely pleases you are very nices! Quality stuff Kate, love it! Made me laugh!

While some of you missed the race I just watched it AGAIN today :naughty: it's great taht Speed repeat the races even those that are originally aired on this channel. :P