Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dribbler

Daddy Dribbler

Steve my heartly advice: babies are so cute and lovely when are under 3 or 4 years old... to avoid you kill them when teenagers!:lol:

And remember...

"Your children are not your children.

They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.

They come through you but not from you,

And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,

For they have their own thoughts.

You may house their bodies but not their souls,

For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,

which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

You may strive to be like them,

but seek not to make them like you.

For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

You are the bows from which your children

as living arrows are sent forth.

The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,

and He bends you with His might

that His arrows may go swift and far.

Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;

For even as He loves the arrow that flies,

so He loves also the bow that is stable."

The Prophet - Kahlil Gibran

You'll be the best father, friend and role model a child could ask for. Some say the baby chooses the parents. Well this one has chose the best that was on offer.

I'm crying my head off right now, as I know that child will be as lucky as me to have a father like my own. Your life starts here.

Take care, Steve. x

Well, one of the bests...

My balls work! Mrs dribbler is twelve and bit weeks pregnant. After the madness of the last three months (my Dad's horrific accident, the civil unrest in Thailand, getting stuck out there due to the volcanic ash, being out of work and my Mum having a nasty fall) this is great news indeed. I feel thoroughly excited at the prospect of fatherhood. Trawling the internet for boring family cars has never been so much fun. I will, of course, get 'wee drib' on here as soon as possible to mash it up with the likes of 'Uncle Gorilla' and 'Grandpa Andres'. The first scan was on friday last week. The site of a tiny heart beat was a humbling experience indeed. Mrs drib's morning wretching noises and devillish appetite for all manner of food weirdness has been interesting, to say the least. Due date, 29-30th December.

Let the stories of early hours crying, nasty nappies, tantrums and scary costs ensue. A bit of balance with tales of joy, pure love and admiration would be appreciated too.

I think 'Dribbler' as a handle is now probably unsuitable. 'Spurt' has a nice ring to it. Nice job, Steve ............ and of course, Mrs Steve.clap3.gif

I think 'Dribbler' as a handle is now probably unsuitable. 'Spurt' has a nice ring to it. Nice job, Steve ............ and of course, Mrs Steve.clap3.gif

:lol: Hmm, 'Spurt', I like that. Or maybe your username might be apt?

Gee, you go away for a bit, and you come back to find Dribbles has got his pecker working....

...welcome to the fatherhood club, mate. Enjoy every minute of it.