Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dribbler

Daddy Dribbler

My balls work! Mrs dribbler is twelve and bit weeks pregnant. After the madness of the last three months (my Dad's horrific accident, the civil unrest in Thailand, getting stuck out there due to the volcanic ash, being out of work and my Mum having a nasty fall) this is great news indeed. I feel thoroughly excited at the prospect of fatherhood. Trawling the internet for boring family cars has never been so much fun. I will, of course, get 'wee drib' on here as soon as possible to mash it up with the likes of 'Uncle Gorilla' and 'Grandpa Andres'. The first scan was on friday last week. The site of a tiny heart beat was a humbling experience indeed. Mrs drib's morning wretching noises and devillish appetite for all manner of food weirdness has been interesting, to say the least. Due date, 29-30th December.

Let the stories of early hours crying, nasty nappies, tantrums and scary costs ensue. A bit of balance with tales of joy, pure love and admiration would be appreciated too.

Great news, Steve! All the best. I'm sure the baby's first words will be something funny. :P

Wow!

I thought you had come to tell us children to behave in t'other thread :lol:.

Big congratulations Dribs. Wonderful news. You sound chuffed to bits - quite right too. I knew one day there would be a use for the miltitudes of ridiculous smilies we have here...

:ban_006::cheers::kicking::waccoe1::victory::binladen::devil::carrot::flashingbanana:

Yes great news, I know the feeling and believe you life is never going to be the same and I mean this in the positive way, you'll be proud of "wee drib" achievements, the first word, the first steps, the list goes on and one, my kids are 8 and 9 and jsut gave me a great week bringing home 6 awards, 3 each so enjoy your new life and try to get the most of it as time goes by and if you don't do it you may regret it latter, pregnancy is just a some months, get involved in that and then continue the trend after the baby is delivered, you will enjoy it. :clap3:

Congratulations, sir. The single best day in my adult life occurred late in 1985 when my son was born... which either means that I've done very little of consequence in the last 40 years or fatherhood is just that good.

My balls work! Mrs dribbler is twelve and bit weeks pregnant. After the madness of the last three months (my Dad's horrific accident, the civil unrest in Thailand, getting stuck out there due to the volcanic ash, being out of work and my Mum having a nasty fall) this is great news indeed. I feel thoroughly excited at the prospect of fatherhood. Trawling the internet for boring family cars has never been so much fun. I will, of course, get 'wee drib' on here as soon as possible to mash it up with the likes of 'Uncle Gorilla' and 'Grandpa Andres'. The first scan was on friday last week. The site of a tiny heart beat was a humbling experience indeed. Mrs drib's morning wretching noises and devillish appetite for all manner of food weirdness has been interesting, to say the least. Due date, 29-30th December.

Let the stories of early hours crying, nasty nappies, tantrums and scary costs ensue. A bit of balance with tales of joy, pure love and admiration would be appreciated too.

Are you sure it's yours??? :eusa_think::eekout:

Ok, now I have that out of the way, congratulations Steve. Just remember, you have done all the hard work in this conception and child birth is p**s in the ocean compared to the work you have put in :lol:

You know all those scary stories of early hours crying, tantrums and nasty nappies? It's all bollocks. The scary stories are from the parent's guild, which is like being a member of magic circle. We just tell non-parents these things to make it look like we do a bit of work dragging bringing up our kids and when you have your child, you will perpetuate the same myths :whistling:

It like the old cliche about form and class. The lack of sleep, etc, are temporary things, the joy is permanent.

Steve, hearty congratulations to you and Mrs Dribs.

I have no doubt you will find this the most beautiful time of your lives, I have no doubt you will be a wonderful Father, and I have no doubt this special little soul that's about to embark on Planet Dribbler chose its parents perfectly ;)

You are a child of the universe,

no less than the trees and the stars;

you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you,

no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

:)

Congrats, Steve, I knew you would! That's what I've been telling Mrs.Dribs all this time in our "bed therapy" sessions, that it would come in due time and that you would make a wonderful father!

I can picture you carrying iin your hands that cute, bald baby, getting all emotional when he calls you "el padre dribblero", awwwww...

:eusa_think::unsure::whistling::yikes::eekout:

Excellent news, Steve! My congrats to you and Mrs Drib. Come beer o'clock I'll raise a glass to you both.

Way to go, Steve!!!clap3.gif I'm pretty chuffed for you & your wife dearest! I'm pretty sure the two of you will make for bloody good parents!

I bet come Dec 30, you'll shed tears of joy when the little fist grabs your pinky. If you're not the crying type, do stock up some glycerine. Crying makes the wife thinks you're a sensitive guy. However real tears are guaranteed by way of nappy-changing & all the other baby-related things.

And what, do you think, will the baby's first word be? And any names in mind?

Hope your baby inherits your sense of humor & the better half's looks.

Are you sure it's yours??? :eusa_think::eekout:

If it has permed hair and a penchant for baby shell suits, I shall come knocking, sir.

Congrats, Steve, I knew you would! That's what I've been telling Mrs.Dribs all this time in our "bed therapy" sessions,

I can't thank you enough for the therapy, Andres. It was incredibly generous of you to charge her by the second. That and she is no longer scared of catepillars.

I bet come Dec 30, you'll shed tears of joy when the little fist grabs your pinky.

Or tears of pain if 'pinky' in Indian means something else.

Congratulations, sir. The single best day in my adult life occurred late in 1985 when my son was born... which either means that I've done very little of consequence in the last 40 years or fatherhood is just that good.

Indeed, but I still remember the week we made him... well he is 9 years old only...

Congratulations! It's great news ^^ I can't say much on the topic because I'm still pestering my parents :lol:

If it has permed hair and a penchant for baby shell suits, I shall come knocking, sir.

:lol:............hey wait a minute :eusa_think:

Actually, what great idea. You should dress him/her as members of this forum and take pix. I think you will have to act really quick to get an accurate representation of Andres, though. Or, indeed, never, if he/she is born with a smattering of hair :whistling:

Congrats to the Mrs., Steve, like as if you have anything to do for the next few months. Shall we be seeing you get all big and round also, sympathy preggers?

Congrats to the Mrs., Steve, like as if you have anything to do for the next few months. Shall we be seeing you get all big and round also, sympathy preggers?

:lol: "Congratulations Mr dribbler. It's..........a barrel of Guinness!"

Congrats Steve. I think this is a thread for us all to realise what life is about.

I expect to have a new niece soon, in about two months time.

All the best!!!

:clap3:

Fantastic....whenever I had a tough time, my friend always used to cheer me up saying that something great is on its way.....its just that we are too preoccupied with frustrations.....

Wow. This is great news, Steve! All the tales of parenthood are true, good and bad. I've got two kids and they both are difficult, trying, frustrating, lovely, endearing and magical all at the same time. You'll never love anything as much as you'll love that little tadpole of yours. Life will be a roller-coaster from now on and you'll love and hate it more than you ever have before.

The infant years will be tiring. Your dreams will all be of sleeping and your waking hours will be spent dreaming of sleep. After that, your sprog will suddenly become a little person with wants and desires that often conflict with your own. Best way to deal with that is to look at everything through your little one's eyes. Play with him/her whenever you can and sneak sweets behind your wife's back (it ensures they love daddy more than mommy ;) ).

I look forward to the piccys.

Wow. This is great news, Steve! All the tales of parenthood are true, good and bad. I've got two kids and they both are difficult, trying, frustrating, lovely, endearing and magical all at the same time. You'll never love anything as much as you'll love that little tadpole of yours. Life will be a roller-coaster from now on and you'll love and hate it more than you ever have before.

The infant years will be tiring. Your dreams will all be of sleeping and your waking hours will be spent dreaming of sleep. After that, your sprog will suddenly become a little person with wants and desires that often conflict with your own. Best way to deal with that is to look at everything through your little one's eyes. Play with him/her whenever you can and sneak sweets behind your wife's back (it ensures they love daddy more than mommy ;) ).

I look forward to the piccys.

:clap3: Great post Mike, that's just the way it is.

You'll be the best father, friend and role model a child could ask for. Some say the baby chooses the parents. Well this one has chose the best that was on offer.

I'm crying my head off right now, as I know that child will be as lucky as me to have a father like my own. Your life starts here.

Take care, Steve. x

Were to be a betting man, would've bet you didn't have it in you Dribs. Congrats man... and stay away from ponds.