Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

freaky2

Valencia Gp

Was any reason given for the Mercs abysmal showing ? We're getting delayed broadcast out in Texas :( , not for another hour and a half.

If we told you, it would spoil the surprise :P

I think Abbas meant whining, because he was definitely doing precisely that and not in a friendly tone XD

That was Handy Tanita... :lol:

That was Handy Tanita... :lol:

But he quoted you ¬¬

Don't make me look twice as if I was crazy XD

Alonso's frustrations with Lewis is still bubbling inside....

still manipulating the incident to cover the fact that the updates have not helped.....and Kobi's move did even more damage....

he says Lewis's incident completely ruined his race....really feel sad for him...

Interesting. I do recall Webber getting a penalty in this race that put him back in the field, but he took it on the chin and passed some cars and won the race. I have yet to see Lewis settle in a position other than a podium paying one. I never saw Schumi ever settle for a lowly 9th or so. I never saw Rubens say, oh feck, I'm in 18th on the grid at Hockenheim, I'll just doodle about down here and blame everything on anything and not finish 1st.

True champions, nay sportsmen, as it doesn't apply to just champions, just get on with it, and play the cards they are dealt. Whinging will get you nowhere.

Was any reason given for the Mercs abysmal showing ? We're getting delayed broadcast out in Texas :( , not for another hour and a half.

Me too I am getting ready to watch the race at 12:00pm and then I'll re-watch it tomorrow on Speed at the same time

But he quoted you ¬¬

Don't make me look twice as if I was crazy XD

Look twice.

You should always look twice.

Do it now Tanita.

Do it now.

Alonso's frustrations with Lewis is still bubbling inside....

still manipulating the incident to cover the fact that the updates have not helped.....and Kobi's move did even more damage....

he says Lewis's incident completely ruined his race....really feel sad for him...

I noticed that, he is only racing against Lewis, he can erase from his mind that he was defeated by a rookie :P and to make matters worse like you said another rookie reminded him about that I just hope I can see his face when I watch the race again in a hour and a half. :naughty:

I noticed that, he is only racing against Lewis, he can erase from his mind that he was defeated by a rookie :P and to make matters worse like you said another rookie reminded him about that I just hope I can see his face when I watch the race again in a hour and a half. :naughty:

Here ya go....

http://tinyurl.com/kuztct

Interesting. I do recall Webber getting a penalty in this race that put him back in the field, but he took it on the chin and passed some cars and won the race. I have yet to see Lewis settle in a position other than a podium paying one. I never saw Schumi ever settle for a lowly 9th or so. I never saw Rubens say, oh feck, I'm in 18th on the grid at Hockenheim, I'll just doodle about down here and blame everything on anything and not finish 1st.

True champions, nay sportsmen, as it doesn't apply to just champions, just get on with it, and play the cards they are dealt. Whinging will get you nowhere.

:thbup: you put it well....

Just for you then, add ten seconds to Hamiltons time, he comes out behind Button, Koby pits with three laps to go, Button gets 25sec penalty, Hamilton finishes 2nd.

What I can tell you is that if that happened in a tennis tournament with a given player the rest of them would not turn up next time. Why? Because tennis is a sport, F1 is a farce. If that happened with a given player tournament after tournament they would leave ATP.

Now they can penalise poor Button, Barrichello, Kubica, Buemi, etc. for what Whitting did wrong in the first place and let Hamilton keep his 2nd place. If Alonso gains a single point that way it will be disappointing but completely right in your F1 world.

FIA: Farce Internationale de l'Automobile

may be he got over it...but the fact that Kobi made his move would have dented his mood even more,he had to come out with something to cover it up...

its okay...many great names have done it in the past.. :lol:

Here is more to it... (just to add fuel to fire... :naughty: )

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84837

Alonso says "This race was to finish second. Then with the safety car I would have finished where I finished in ninth, and Hamilton in eighth. But here, when you do the normal thing, which is respecting the rules, you finish ninth, and the one who doesn't respect them finishes second."

I didn't excatly understand...because somethings can go wrong when they are translated...

but anyway,.. I guess he means that Lewis should have finished only 8th...(?) if thats what he meant, then I disagree...because Lewis would have been spending 99% of the time trying to get ahead of the car in front...(he can c#ck up sometimes) rather than letting others pass by......secondly its completely Nando's fault for being bothered about what Lewis did....if it was Kimi, he would have just ignored it and carried on racing...he was so bothered he got stuck in the place.....and went on to lose even that....

I feel sorry for those defending Alonso today....I voted dod for him when he won a race this season....from then on, he has been losing his form...he seems to give up just too easily...the fighting spirit and agression he showed during 2006 season which proved me wrong has faded.....He is not the same driver he used to be, and the sad part is that he is still young.....he has many more years left before he calms down.....his typical latin temper he showed behind the wheel is now being shown behind a mic...talking, complaining, moaning and bitching..... May be he is finding it too comfortable in Ferrari....may be he does need Flavio to give him a spank now and then.....eitherway......I don't think Alonso is in his best form...atleast till now...

I have a question. Vettel and Hamilton pitted long after Button under the SC, yet retained 1st and 2nd place respectively. How?

What I can tell you is that if that happened in a tennis tournament with a given player the rest of them would not turn up next time. Why? Because tennis is a sport, F1 is a farce. If that happened with a given player tournament after tournament they would leave ATP.

Now they can penalise poor Button, Barrichello, Kubica, Buemi, etc. for what Whitting did wrong in the first place and let Hamilton keep his 2nd place. If Alonso gains a single point that way it will be disappointing but completely right in your F1 world.

FIA: Farce Internationale de l'Automobile

They didn't just "let" him keep his second place. They checked the facts. They made the penalty according to the rules. Hamilton was good enough to eek out some time on the track to stay ahead of Koby. That's the end of the story.

As for the rest of them. Yes, there is a rule they have possibly broken. Why not apply a penalty in the race? Because it is an extraordinary situation to have half the field investigated for the same rule breach at the same time, so they will take more time to look into it, and most likely on a case by case basis.

Alonso would never have been infront of the safety car. Hamilton almost was. It was good thinking of Alonso to request his team ask the FIA to check if Lewis was or was not infront of the safety car at the line, because there would be no way Alonso could determine that for himself sitting in the c#ckpit. You simply can not see from the angle and height they are at. So at the end of the day, Alonso was robbed of nothing. He was just in a bad spot at a bad time. Do you remember other races where cars were light on fuel and had to pit, even though the lane was closed? eg Rubens at Singapore. Just poor luck. To blame your poor luck on something that actually had no bearing on your own race is just sour grapes no matter which way you look at it.

If you think it's farcical that there are a set of rules, then that's your choice.

Schumbumpkin is quite right - Alonso is always racing Lewis, no matter their position on track. Unlike Button, he ran from the challenge at McLaren, whether you think there was bias at McLaren or not is moot. I used to think Alonso was the complete racer, but since that season in McLaren he seems to be far from it.

I mentioned before how it was good to see Vettel, Button and Hamilton having a laugh and jovial chat straight after the race. Had Alonso been there, it would not have been like that, at least that is what I have seen of him at past podium presentations.

Yes, Alonso has earned the right for some respect for winning two world titles, however a person must still work to maintain that respect, and personally I think he should be doing a bit more work on this, but why would he when he gets so much smoke blown up his butthole by Luca de Motzamolly?

Alonso has to sort his head out if he is going to be F1 champ again.

Alonso is a good driver. Never said he wasn't. FIA has a set of rules, that rightly or wrongly, everyone on the racetrack must abide to. The only bias the FIA shows to anyone is the bias anyone wants to artificially put there because their driver is not advantaged, or they perceive their unliked drver is.

At the end of the day, it's a sport. You're not going to die from it (generally speaking), nor are they going to find a cure for cancer as they blast around at 200MPH.

If you dislike it now, for whatever perceived notion, then find another sport, or another motorsport series to follow. Some days your driver/team will come out on top, and others they won't. That's life for ya. Just take a step back, and enjoy. The only conspiracy is the one you make up.

Here is more to it... (just to add fuel to fire... :naughty: )

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84837

Alonso says "This race was to finish second. Then with the safety car I would have finished where I finished in ninth, and Hamilton in eighth. But here, when you do the normal thing, which is respecting the rules, you finish ninth, and the one who doesn't respect them finishes second."

I didn't excatly understand...because somethings can go wrong when they are translated...

but anyway,.. I guess he means that Lewis should have finished only 8th...(?) if thats what he meant, then I disagree...because Lewis would have been spending 99% of the time trying to get ahead of the car in front...(he can c#ck up sometimes) rather than letting others pass by......secondly its completely Nando's fault for being bothered about what Lewis did....if it was Kimi, he would have just ignored it and carried on racing...he was so bothered he got stuck in the place.....and went on to lose even that....

I feel sorry for those defending Alonso today....I voted dod for him when he won a race this season....from then on, he has been losing his form...he seems to give up just too easily...the fighting spirit and agression he showed during 2006 season which proved me wrong has faded.....He is not the same driver he used to be, and the sad part is that he is still young.....he has many more years left before he calms down.....his typical latin temper he showed behind the wheel is now being shown behind a mic...talking, complaining, moaning and bitching..... May be he is finding it too comfortable in Ferrari....may be he does need Flavio to give him a spank now and then.....eitherway......I don't think Alonso is in his best form...atleast till now...

He is just complaining about where hamilton finished because he said that he would have finished 9th and Hamilton 8th so I don't understand that is he complaining about, Ferrari should be complaining about his actitude in this race :naughty:

I have a question. Vettel and Hamilton pitted long after Button under the SC, yet retained 1st and 2nd place respectively. How?

I'll check that out when the race is on TV here in a few minutes.

Are you asking seriously?

You should ask Whiting, that was magic.

Either the rule's changed or he hold the SC before turn 1 to let Vettel and Hamilton keep their places.

And for that reason they might penalise Button and a few more to keep Ferrari happy.

They didn't just "let" him keep his second place. They checked the facts. They made the penalty according to the rules. Hamilton was good enough to eek out some time on the track to stay ahead of Koby. That's the end of the story.

As for the rest of them. Yes, there is a rule they have possibly broken. Why not apply a penalty in the race? Because it is an extraordinary situation to have half the field investigated for the same rule breach at the same time, so they will take more time to look into it, and most likely on a case by case basis.

Alonso would never have been infront of the safety car. Hamilton almost was. It was good thinking of Alonso to request his team ask the FIA to check if Lewis was or was not infront of the safety car at the line, because there would be no way Alonso could determine that for himself sitting in the c#ckpit. You simply can not see from the angle and height they are at. So at the end of the day, Alonso was robbed of nothing. He was just in a bad spot at a bad time. Do you remember other races where cars were light on fuel and had to pit, even though the lane was closed? eg Rubens at Singapore. Just poor luck. To blame your poor luck on something that actually had no bearing on your own race is just sour grapes no matter which way you look at it.

If you think it's farcical that there are a set of rules, then that's your choice.

Schumbumpkin is quite right - Alonso is always racing Lewis, no matter their position on track. Unlike Button, he ran from the challenge at McLaren, whether you think there was bias at McLaren or not is moot. I used to think Alonso was the complete racer, but since that season in McLaren he seems to be far from it.

I mentioned before how it was good to see Vettel, Button and Hamilton having a laugh and jovial chat straight after the race. Had Alonso been there, it would not have been like that, at least that is what I have seen of him at past podium presentations.

Yes, Alonso has earned the right for some respect for winning two world titles, however a person must still work to maintain that respect, and personally I think he should be doing a bit more work on this, but why would he when he gets so much smoke blown up his butthole by Luca de Motzamolly?

Alonso is a good driver. Never said he wasn't. FIA has a set of rules, that rightly or wrongly, everyone on the racetrack must abide to. The only bias the FIA shows to anyone is the bias anyone wants to artificially put there because their driver is not advantaged, or they perceive their unliked drver is.

At the end of the day, it's a sport. You're not going to die from it (generally speaking), nor are they going to find a cure for cancer as they blast around at 200MPH.

If you dislike it now, for whatever perceived notion, then find another sport, or another motorsport series to follow. Some days your driver/team will come out on top, and others they won't. That's life for ya. Just take a step back, and enjoy. The only conspiracy is the one you make up.

:clap3:

They were ahead of the safety car, and we all know that that safety car is about as fast as a 1982 Lada. They basically scooted around, pitted, then caught back up to the safety car, as it has to wait on the first place car getting behind them, as you know.

I guess they have dropped the closing of the pit lane in preference for the delta time for the SC laps, which is a +/- thing.

And as we ALLLLLLLL know, Hamilton was adjudged to have not actually been infront of the safety car at the safety car line (looked a close run thing). It actually looked from the high up shot that the SC was going to cross the white line to get on track ahead of Hamilton....I would have thought they had to follow the same rule of not crossing the line like the race cars. It is over her in lil ol' NZ, but then we're sheep shaggers, so what would we know?

You should ask Whiting, that was magic.

I am just like you, I don't like that fish eather, I prefer Mero and Carite(don't know how to say those names in english) but it looks like they don't sell that kind of fish here in USA, Whiting can be found anywhere but I buy Tilapi instead, in my country tilapia is considered a low type of fish while mero is one of the best but here Tilapia is a very good one, at least so I think :eusa_think:

Why are you all the time talking about Alonso? I can't care less about him today. His race was screwed, others were luckier but the that was not the problem. You're hidding what happened today and what can be even worse if they penalize half the grid to make Ferrari happy.