Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

freaky2

Valencia Gp

Hi guys!!

Long time without posting but always keeping an eye on you...

- The incident: Webber happens... can´t see how he can put the blame on Kovy :bangin:

- Alonso: I can understand he got mad, it was a crucial race for him. True he did the right thing and lost and the one he considers his rival for the tittle cheated and got away with it. It has to be frustrating (big time) Having said this and even when I understand these statements were done just after the race I´m a litte bit tired of his attitude. It was 24 guys racing out there and Hammy was the only one breaking the rules. The other racers/teams deserve some respect. Kobayashi, Buemi and Vettel (among some others)did they work in style, don´t tell them about manipulated races. FA´s not the center of the F1, there was F1 way before him and there´ll be way after he´s gone. In the meantime he´s lossing some nice oportunties to shut up his huge mouth. Either he focus in racing or the season will be over for him soon.

- Hamilton: This guys knows no limit... he´s always on the edge. On the one hand, when it comes to racing, he produces best entertainment I´ve seen in years so I can only applause him. One the other, when it comes to do whatever he wants to do, I guess it´s too much and I´m as tired of his "tactis" as of Fernando´s whining . When you are constantly walking on the edge of the knife you have a lot of chances to get hurt... Every single time this guy decides to go his way he´s putting the FIA and the sport in evidence and I firmly suspect he´s going to pay for it.

- FIA: Absolutelly true it took them too much to sanction LH and when they did it ended up in nothing (I think the punishment fitted the crime... the timing was clearly the problem) Anyhow I have to say this new era with Jean Todt it´s way better than the previous one... we´ve gone from sanctioning everything to let the racers race. I clearly prefer the current situation.

As far as concerns the old war between Lewi´s and Alonso´s fans... guys, some of you are so pathetic that your posts deserve no answer. Everyone has he right to be biassed and of course entittled to have an opinion but a little bit of common sense would not hurt you (this applies both sides)Luckily there´s still a lot of fine posters around here that make this site an amazing one. I´m not talking about those who can go momentarily crazy and write some crap (I´ve been one of those) I´m talking about those who when it comes to praise/criticize their beloved/hated racer forget the facts and can go from point A to point Z in a post to justify the unjustifiable.

Take care!!!

Formula 1 fan

This is a great post, and thank you for it.

About Alonso, I find you're absolutely right. If he just concentrated on his races we'd see him do better. But having said that, it can be applied to almost every driver. In Turkey it was to be applied to Vettel, for example. So I want to make it clear that I'm not having a go at Alonso or defending Hamilton. Hopefully as you say Hamilton will get what he's looking for. He's a bit schumacheresque in his bending of rules, but I think we agree that the problem is forbidding what he did immediately after he does it. It only speaks bad for FIA and their horribly written rules, and what is worse, looks like favoritism and some people believe it (even I feel compelled to think that way when I first see or hear about those incidents). Hopefully Jean Todt will be able to set those things right with time, I really hope for it to happen.

"balance" is the greatest yet most under-appreciated goal.

"victory" is the worst, yet most sought after.

humans eh.

what a tangled web we weave...

Hi guys!!

Long time without posting but always keeping an eye on you...

- The incident: Webber happens... can´t see how he can put the blame on Kovy :bangin:

- Alonso: I can understand he got mad, it was a crucial race for him. True he did the right thing and lost and the one he considers his rival for the tittle cheated and got away with it. It has to be frustrating (big time) Having said this and even when I understand these statements were done just after the race I´m a litte bit tired of his attitude. It was 24 guys racing out there and Hammy was the only one breaking the rules. The other racers/teams deserve some respect. Kobayashi, Buemi and Vettel (among some others)did they work in style, don´t tell them about manipulated races. FA´s not the center of the F1, there was F1 way before him and there´ll be way after he´s gone. In the meantime he´s lossing some nice oportunties to shut up his huge mouth. Either he focus in racing or the season will be over for him soon.

- Hamilton: This guys knows no limit... he´s always on the edge. On the one hand, when it comes to racing, he produces best entertainment I´ve seen in years so I can only applause him. One the other, when it comes to do whatever he wants to do, I guess it´s too much and I´m as tired of his "tactis" as of Fernando´s whining . When you are constantly walking on the edge of the knife you have a lot of chances to get hurt... Every single time this guy decides to go his way he´s putting the FIA and the sport in evidence and I firmly suspect he´s going to pay for it.

- FIA: Absolutelly true it took them too much to sanction LH and when they did it ended up in nothing (I think the punishment fitted the crime... the timing was clearly the problem) Anyhow I have to say this new era with Jean Todt it´s way better than the previous one... we´ve gone from sanctioning everything to let the racers race. I clearly prefer the current situation.

As far as concerns the old war between Lewi´s and Alonso´s fans... guys, some of you are so pathetic that your posts deserve no answer. Everyone has he right to be biassed and of course entittled to have an opinion but a little bit of common sense would not hurt you (this applies both sides)Luckily there´s still a lot of fine posters around here that make this site an amazing one. I´m not talking about those who can go momentarily crazy and write some crap (I´ve been one of those) I´m talking about those who when it comes to praise/criticize their beloved/hated racer forget the facts and can go from point A to point Z in a post to justify the unjustifiable.

Take care!!!

Formula 1 fan

Zactly - the onus is on the overtaking driver.

Too many posts to reply to and short posts aren't my line but I will try with just a few for starters:

@Mike: You are a confessed Hamilton fan who does not hesitate in pointing his faults or recognize Alonso's skills. So you are just like me, except I have a shorter fuse (but only as of lately :P).

@Kiko & Tanita: Agreed with both of you and I apologize for my share of responsibility. Fine posts!

@Craig: If events unfolded the way I think they did; namely, HK saw MW, he told to himself "I have to move aside" and he chose to move aside to the same side MW chose to overtake, then both moved to the other side and at the same time HK braked hard to let MW pass, MW decided to accelerate to finally overtake the guy and both found out too late that they moved in unison; then each one will think that the other guy was wrong. Ultimately, yes, it was MW's fault, but I guess he must still be puzzled on why HK moved to his side. Both drivers should have handled it better.

Too many posts to reply to and short posts aren't my line but I will try with just a few for starters:

@Mike: You are a confessed Hamilton fan who does not hesitate in pointing his faults or recognize Alonso's skills. So you are just like me, except I have a shorter fuse (but only as of lately :P).

@Kiko & Tanita: Agreed with both of you and I apologize for my share of responsibility. Fine posts!

@Craig: If events unfolded the way I think they did; namely, HK saw MW, he told to himself "I have to move aside" and he chose to move aside to the same side MW chose to overtake, then both moved to the other side and at the same time HK braked hard to let MW pass, MW decided to accelerate to finally overtake the guy and both found out too late that they moved in unison; then each one will think that the other guy was wrong. Ultimately, yes, it was MW's fault, but I guess he must still be puzzled on why HK moved to his side. Both drivers should have handled it better.

Sounds plausible, and we must remember that they have like, point two of a second to make these decisions, something that is waxed lyrical and oft forgotten when in TV land it is slowed, repeated and narrated for us. TV people can make anything look fast, slow, three quarters speed without us knowing it without other references to guide us.

But at the end of the day, in all forms of motorsport, the onus of the overtake and the safety thereof, lies with the overtaker. Why? Because you don't know when they are going to brake infront of you, nor how hard. Nor do you know which way they are going to move. You should only stick your nose in where you know it is safe. You can't guarantee if the driver ahead has even seen you, let alone has enough clarity in his mirrors to judge how far behind you are.....I only wish my eyeballs could move fast enough to keep up with my mirrors vibrations on my FFord....until the car behind is kissing your tailpipe, they are nothing but a blur, and you generally hear them before seeing them.

Mark can grumble all he wants about Heikki, but he was the one with the clearest picture (speed, distance, direction etc)

Must say though, it's pretty amazing how he never takes his hands off the steering wheel as he's doing his corkscrew....do you think he was up shifting or down shifting?

Sounds plausible, and we must remember that they have like, point two of a second to make these decisions, something that is waxed lyrical and oft forgotten when in TV land it is slowed, repeated and narrated for us. TV people can make anything look fast, slow, three quarters speed without us knowing it without other references to guide us.

But at the end of the day, in all forms of motorsport, the onus of the overtake and the safety thereof, lies with the overtaker. Why? Because you don't know when they are going to brake infront of you, nor how hard. Nor do you know which way they are going to move. You should only stick your nose in where you know it is safe. You can't guarantee if the driver ahead has even seen you, let alone has enough clarity in his mirrors to judge how far behind you are.....I only wish my eyeballs could move fast enough to keep up with my mirrors vibrations on my FFord....until the car behind is kissing your tailpipe, they are nothing but a blur, and you generally hear them before seeing them.

Mark can grumble all he wants about Heikki, but he was the one with the clearest picture (speed, distance, direction etc)

Must say though, it's pretty amazing how he never takes his hands off the steering wheel as he's doing his corkscrew....do you think he was up shifting or down shifting?

I think he might have been applying the air brakes :whistling:

Ok, I'll get my coat.

Nando whinning is playing his role in order to get something in the future... Hami is the new Ayrton: the rules are for mere mortals not for gods like him.

This time Ferrari was, next time wich one? The FIA must fix the safety car rules in order to not change aleatory a race.

I don't think you need apologies, I wrote it carefully only because I don't like people calling me things because they misunderstood XD

About Webber, it is possible that it happened that way, but they were racing for position. I can't even imagine why Heikki braked so early though. Maybe he was confused because he's used to Red Bulls lapping him.

By the way guys, I'm posting this only for the laughs and I thought this was the thread for it. Here you have almost the same piece of news from As.com and Autosport.com, Hamilton's quotes are the same, though quite freely translated. It's just to show how nice the media is XD

Sour grapes = envy

"must have been in another world" = Alonso lives in another world

From AS

From Autosport

:lol:

I don't think you need apologies, I wrote it carefully only because I don't like people calling me things because they misunderstood XD

About Webber, it is possible that it happened that way, but they were racing for position. I can't even imagine why Heikki braked so early though. Maybe he was confused because he's used to Red Bulls lapping him.

Shut up, you animesteric! :P

I agree with Craig about the accident. As for his hands on the steering wheel, I thing he was pulling it towards him and muttering "Up! Up!" meanwhile Charlton Heston screamed in his earphones: "Full engine power! The nose is too low! You are not going to make it! Pull up!"

By the way guys, I'm posting this only for the laughs and I thought this was the thread for it. Here you have almost the same piece of news from As.com and Autosport.com, Hamilton's quotes are the same, though quite freely translated. It's just to show how nice the media is XD

Sour grapes = envy

"must have been in another world" = Alonso lives in another world

From AS

From Autosport

To be hones, as a translation I think it is quite accurate. I've seen many times 'sour grapes' as 'envidia' in Spanish and I can't find a single word to translate it better, maybe there is one but I would have to think about it. The other one I think is a quite bad translation, if they wanted to twist Hamilton's words they could have done a better job.

Both Hamilton and Alonso should keep quiet for a few decades, specially if Alonso is going to say the race was manipulated or Hamilton is going to show how proud he is about what happened in Valencia. I quite understand what Alonso said in the heat of the moment in Valencia, I would not understand him going on and on again over it.

Probably nobody is going to say Hamilton is obsessed with Alonso, I don't think he is, but c'mon this is what p**ses me off, not you Tanita, when people have double standards. If it was Alonso who said that they'd have crushed him, and rightly so. Probably that's why I love tennis and Federer-Nadal rivalry, no FIA, no unconsistent rules, no bigmouths.

Where does that leave me? I'm both a Hamilton fan and an Alonso fan? Or perhaps you're not talking about someone like me (and a few others) who admire and enjoy watching these two drivers on-track but will call out mistakes made by both as they happen?

I like both too. I like the way both of them work the wheel, and I selectively ignore/don't care about the parts of their personality which I don't particularly appreciate. Hopefully that leaves you (and hopefully me) in somewhere close to an objective position (although it's maybe impossible to be truly objective..).

Yup, I like Hamilton, but before the Advent of Hamilton, I was considered an Alonso fan 'round these parts. Early on in my forum days I was literally the lone voice defending Alonso.

I like both too. I like the way both of them work the wheel, and I selectively ignore/don't care about the parts of their personality which I don't particularly appreciate. Hopefully that leaves you (and hopefully me) in somewhere close to an objective position (although it's maybe impossible to be truly objective..).

Yup. I like those drivers that are skilled behind the wheel, it's as simple as that. The current crop of drivers are almost all surprisingly good and deserve to be racing in F1. I can appreciate Petrov and Algueerresusureararai as much as Hamilton and Alonso. DiGrassi not so much.

Yup, I like Hamilton, but before the Advent of Hamilton, I was considered an Alonso fan 'round these parts. Early on in my forum days I was literally the lone voice defending Alonso.

Yup. I like those drivers that are skilled behind the wheel, it's as simple as that. The current crop of drivers are almost all surprisingly good and deserve to be racing in F1. I can appreciate Petrov and Algueerresusureararai as much as Hamilton and Alonso. DiGrassi not so much.

Ahem...aren't you missing certain driver in that list *cough* Liuzzi *cough*?

Thank you, Andres! Ok, I've fixed that post of mine below:

Yup. I like those drivers that are skilled behind the wheel, it's as simple as that. The current crop of drivers are almost all surprisingly good and deserve to be racing in F1. I can appreciate Petrov and Algueerresusureararai as much as Hamilton and Alonso. DiGrassi and Liuzzi not so much.

Add Hulkenberg to that dislike list! I really think he doesn't belong there, especially after Monaco...

:dam: Bah, it's impossible to argue with these religious fanatics.

Anyways, I agree about the Hulk, after being forced to hear how marvelous he was, now we find that "that damn ruskie pay driver" is putting Hulkenberg to shame.

Stalingrad! :P

I think what we have here is a failure to communicate.....no wait, that wasn't quite the starting line I was after...

I think what we have here is two good guys in two very different cars.

Petrov is in a car that is actually capable of running near the front. Hulkenberg is not.

It is again the case of the car over shadowing the driver. Hulkenberg has pretty well crushed the opposition in all series he has been in in the last three years, including A1 and GP2, which are all supposed to be equal cars.

Give him some time (and a better car).

I think what we have here is a failure to communicate.....no wait, that wasn't quite the starting line I was after...

I think what we have here is two good guys in two very different cars.

Petrov is in a car that is actually capable of running near the front. Hulkenberg is not.

It is again the case of the car over shadowing the driver. Hulkenberg has pretty well crushed the opposition in all series he has been in in the last three years, including A1 and GP2, which are all supposed to be equal cars.

Give him some time (and a better car).

Where did I heard that before? Oh, yes! Grosjean! :P

I agree, "The Hulk" will come through in his own time. Wasn't he quite competitive around Valencia? Didn't he get close to Rubens in qualifying or even out-qualify him? These are genuine questions btw, as my memory is that bad.

Nico will come through I think, there must be a talent there, it will all depend on the way he handles himself in other areas (attitude, mind management, PR duties etc etc).

Where did I heard that before? Oh, yes! Grosjean! :P

Dammit Andres! You made your post just before mine, and I was going to mention Grosjean as an example of how it could all go wrong but decided against, and I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling baldies.

Dammit Andres! You made your post just before mine, and I was going to mention Grosjean as an example of how it could all go wrong but decided against, and I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling baldies.

Good work, gang! Now, let's see who is under this TP mask.

It's Bates, the groundkeep...! No...wait, it's just Eric.