Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

freaky2

Valencia Gp

Grosjean had a pretty crap car compared with Petrov though you have to admit

Or it might just be that Grosjean's team mate wasn't half as good as Kubica. :eekout:

By the way guys, I'm posting this only for the laughs and I thought this was the thread for it. Here you have almost the same piece of news from As.com and Autosport.com, Hamilton's quotes are the same, though quite freely translated. It's just to show how nice the media is XD

Sour grapes = envy

"must have been in another world" = Alonso lives in another world

From AS

From Autosport

:lol:

Spanish press toys with English Hamilton quote

Jun.30 (GMM) A mischievous Spanish press is ramping up the acrimony between Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton.

Earlier this week, after Alonso had accused the FIA of manipulating the outcome of the European grand prix, his former McLaren teammate Hamilton responded by surmising that the Spaniard was suffering from "sour grapes".

But, in fact, the Briton did not actually utter the words, instead merely answering "yeah" to a reporter's interpretation of Alonso's outbursts.

However, rather than simply repeat the 'sour grapes' expression, which originates from one of Aesop's Fables, Spanish wire agencies said Hamilton accused Alonso of "envidia" (envy).

And when trying to explain Alonso's bad mood, Hamilton had said it was "very unlike him to be overtaken by a Sauber so he must have been completely in another world".

But the Spanish headline writers said simply that Hamilton had accused Alonso of "vive en otro mundo" (living in another world).

El Mundo newspaper combined the two, stating the Hamilton quote as "Alonso tiene envidia y debe vivir en otro mundo" (Alonso is envious and must live in another world).

Unsurprisingly, the AS newspaper responded with "Hamilton: por que no te callas?" (Hamilton: why don't you shut up?).

Sometimes I got the feeling that reporters come to this forum in search of news :eusa_think:

Germans have a word for everything.

I wonder if they have a word for too much whinning about whinning.

By the way is there any Michael fan out there? It seems they ara all gone to mars...:eusa_think:

:lol: They've gone the same place as Schumacher himself. The Michael in the Mercedes is actually Andretti.

Petrov is in a car that is actually capable of running near the front.

Trivia time! Name the last time Renault put out two equal vehicles. The answer is 2007. How do I know? I theorized it, so it's probably something close enough to factual to be a fact. I guess.

Grosjean's car was crap compared to Alonso's which was crap. Petrov's car is crap compared to Kubica's car which isn't so bad. But they aren't on equal terms and they never were.

Or it might just be that Grosjean's team mate wasn't half as good as Kubica. :eekout:

Funny because it's actually probably true. Alonso's driving was unimpressive in 2009. The car sucked, but there was no fight left in that dog. Nuh uh. At least not in the few laps I watched. ;)

(I kid, I actually watched 2009 from Spa on).

Germans have a word for everything.

I wonder if they have a word for too much whinning about whinning.

Humanity.

The policy of Jean Todt, the former coèquiper rally, former head of Peugeot Sport and Scuderia Ferrari, today a number of International Automobile Federation, is clear: the Grand Prix of Europe posed a problem that must be resolved immediately. Here, then, the decision of the FIA president to convene before the trip to Silverstone - where he will race the Grand Prix - the protagonists of the events in Valencia. Clearly the choice of Jean Todt has affected not just the harsh reaction Advocate Montezemolo, who is also the former head of the FIA president, whose words were a warning directed mainly to the Federation: "The result of the Grand Prix Europe was distorted. Ferrari, which has proven competitive in the European Grand Prix, has paid a price too high compliance, while those who did so were penalized by the commissioners to lower the damage suffered by those who respected them. It 'a very serious and unacceptable that creates dangerous precedent, casting shadows on the credibility of Formula 1. We are confident that the International Automobile Federation thoroughly analyze what happened, taking the necessary consequential decision, and on that Ferrari will be vigilant. "

Jean Todt then hear the people involved in the 'affaire Valencia, beginning with race director Charlie Whiting. Nobody is to blame, but the French leader wants to know, among other things, because the leadership race has left to spend so much time to analyze the episode of overtaking Lewis Hamilton to "safety car": the sensational late, that of fact has influenced the final outcome of the European Grand Prix, is just 23 minutes in passing from the apparent infringement by McLaren at the FIA when men begin to discuss the episode. And when he decided to punish Hamilton with a slow pit, it is too late because the punishment bears a loss to English.

http://www.auto.it/autosprint/formula_1/2010/07/01-5496/Jean+Todt+convoca+le+parti+in+causa

Welcome back, Fed! Good to see you back despite our old arguments. ;)

Who is disreputing F1 as a sport? As many balanced reporters around the world have pointed out it's F1 itself.

One of the best reports I've read about Valencia, here.

Spanish press toys with English Hamilton quote

Jun.30 (GMM) A mischievous Spanish press is ramping up the acrimony between Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton.

..(...)..

Sometimes I got the feeling that reporters come to this forum in search of news :eusa_think:

I guess this just shows the spiral of media amplification that can happen.

Precisely.

Although it keeps forums lively up to the next GP ;)

Lewis and Fernando never talk to each other. They just look at the press to find out how they are really getting along.

You bet.

I haven't checked but there is a good chance that the English press is not reporting that the Tifosi (and not the Spaniards) are the ones really, really pssed off.