Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LabradoRacer

Merc Trying To Replace Schu With Kubica? Let It Not Be True Please!

So, a friend, who takes great pleasure in making me sad, sent this link.

http://www.planetf1....ica-3-Year-Deal-

Absolutely gutted if this is true. This isn't the way Schumi's comeback was supposed to go.

That's right, he was supposed to come back with Ferrari for his comeback to make any sense!

He was a popular hero then, a struggling driver for the best taxi manufacturer in the world, now. He might as well go back to retirement and save as much of his glorious past as possible.

Mercedes could use a shake-up. There's no doubt they could fight for the WCC and WDC, but the current lineup aren't really helping the efforts. Michael is a legendary driver, easily in the top three best of all-time, but the sport changes, people get older...it's just not working right now and by this point in the season, I think a lot of us were expecting to see improvement and instead he's gone a bit backwards. Rosberg, well, he's not bad at all, but leading a team? I'm just not seeing him in that kind of role. Mercedes could use a star, and I think Kubica has shown he can be that. It would be interesting if it happened.

Shame we didn't get a glorious return for Schumacher; as much as I dislike him as a sportsperson, I would have loved to have seen the old magic he used to bring scrapping with the stars of the post-Michael era. I think it would be for the best for him to spend as little time as possible tarnishing his reputation in this failed comeback of his.

I think it's good to have Michael around. Livens up the show, but if I were a team principal I would obviously try to go for Kubica right now above Schumi. Kubica's present is far better than Michael's, and he has more future. So no surprise MGP is trying to get him. Still, I hope RK stays at Renault. And please, oh please don't send Schumi to Renault! Alonso in a Ferrari and Schumi in a Renault would mean years of therapy for me.

It was a risky move to bring MS back, they knew he was far from his glorious days but he still has some time this season for a come back.

It's a pitty Michelin won't be the supplier next season, it was the perfect tyre for the best driver. And it was the best for Kubica too.

It was a risky move to bring MS back, they knew he was far from his glorious days but he still has some time this season for a come back.

It's a pitty Michelin won't be the supplier next season, it was the perfect tyre for the best driver. And it was the best for Kubica too.

Personally, I think Kubica will make the best move for him. He seems to have an instinct of where the next best ride is. I don't think that after a BMW fiasco he will want to go to yet another German outfit (more or less) with a German star in it (regardless of that star's name). Renault is way more opportunistic (just like him), and basically the whole outfit works to make HIM faster, and future looks bright. I see Kubica maybe in Red Bull or Ferrari, not Mercedes. But, I've been wrong before (a lot).

I think it's good to have Michael around. Livens up the show, but if I were a team principal I would obviously try to go for Kubica right now above Schumi. Kubica's present is far better than Michael's, and he has more future. So no surprise MGP is trying to get him. Still, I hope RK stays at Renault. And please, oh please don't send Schumi to Renault! Alonso in a Ferrari and Schumi in a Renault would mean years of therapy for me.

Hahahahaha.....

Personally, I think Kubica will make the best move for him. He seems to have an instinct of where the next best ride is. I don't think that after a BMW fiasco he will want to go to yet another German outfit (more or less) with a German star in it (regardless of that star's name). Renault is way more opportunistic (just like him), and basically the whole outfit works to make HIM faster, and future looks bright. I see Kubica maybe in Red Bull or Ferrari, not Mercedes. But, I've been wrong before (a lot).

(Not a direct reply to ya Pete....but...meh...)

Drivers will move for the following reasons, and generally in the following order:

1 Getting a car clearly capable of winning

2 A car that might win, alongside a very healthy pay packet

3 A team that has prestige, alongside a very healthy pay packet

4 A team that will not win, alongside a pay packet

5 A car that they have to pay for to drive

6 Something that makes his mum happy

Renault is way more opportunistic (just like him), and basically the whole outfit works to make HIM faster, and future looks bright. I see Kubica maybe in Red Bull or Ferrari, not Mercedes. But, I've been wrong before (a lot).

I think he should drive for Ferrari next season, if he wanted so, but they decided to extend Massa's contract too early this season. Next season all cars will be similar with engines being the biggest difference but Renault is not a bad engine even if experts say is not as powerful as others, it is less thirsty than most, heard it is lighter than most and powerful enough for Red Bull to fight for the Championship. If they can make a good package together with Pirelli tyres they have a good chance.

So, a friend, who takes great pleasure in making me sad, sent this link.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/6228560/-Merc-Offer-Kubica-3-Year-Deal-

Absolutely gutted if this is true. This isn't the way Schumi's comeback was supposed to go.

Funny, it didn't even occur to me that you were sorry for Schumacher. Honestly, fvck him.

Now, the real topic is whether or not it is a good move for Kubica.

Alonso in a Ferrari and Schumi in a Renault would mean years of therapy for me.

Funny, too. I thought you would say such situation would _spare_ you years of therapy.

I agree with you. Ferrari is the right place for Kubica.

I think he should drive for Ferrari next season, if he wanted so, but they decided to extend Massa's contract too early this season. Next season all cars will be similar with engines being the biggest difference but Renault is not a bad engine even if experts say is not as powerful as others, it is less thirsty than most, heard it is lighter than most and powerful enough for Red Bull to fight for the Championship. If they can make a good package together with Pirelli tyres they have a good chance.

All true, too.

The Massa thing is fvcking nuts, though.

It seems to me that Michael's "comback" is really a payback to Ross for all the help in the championships. Michael is helping get these cars sorted out and filling in until Mercedes is able to sign Vettel which is probably with in 2 years. If you had confidence that you were going to be able to sign Vettel in the future, who would be the best choice to fill in and help you progress in developing your vehicle? Michael has great allegiance to Ross and it all simply makes sense. Vettel should be leading this championship but circumstances within and beyond control precluded this.

Interesting soothsaying.

However, Mercedes (BrawnGP) is just legerdemain. Vettel might know that too and stay away.

Actually, I believe Vettel is already in on this and his current situation this year of vehicle failures and team mate issues may force his move sooner. Obvously he cannot make his position public, but it is clear that he is not happy at RBR righ now.

post-3398-127754617936_thumb.jpg

Hello and welcome Subiedude! smile.gif

Thank you, I will try to be not too obnoxious........ no guarantees though!

In my opinion, Schumacher should have retired and stayed retired.

...But maybe that's just the subconscious hate that has built up after seeing him destroy McLaren year after year.

Now, the real topic is whether or not it is a good move for Kubica.

You nailed it. That is indeed the real topic. Merc is not a good move for Kubeetza.

I agree with you. Ferrari is the right place for Kubica.

Either Ferrari or staying put at Renault. Alonso is the real key to understanding why. Kubeetza drives like Alonso and as such, pairing them at Ferrari will benefit everyone. You'd have consistent feedback on the cars and both drivers would be pushing development in the same direction. If he stays at Renault, those froggies know how to design a car for Alonso and that will help Kubeetza.

It seems to me that Michael's "comback" is really a payback to Ross for all the help in the championships. Michael is helping get these cars sorted out and filling in until Mercedes is able to sign Vettel which is probably with in 2 years. If you had confidence that you were going to be able to sign Vettel in the future, who would be the best choice to fill in and help you progress in developing your vehicle? Michael has great allegiance to Ross and it all simply makes sense. Vettel should be leading this championship but circumstances within and beyond control precluded this.

What are you basing this on?

Ferrari and RK? I disagree.

Robert will be sitting in a mid-field team in 2 years if he puts pen to paper. Alonso is a good development driver -for himself- and the two drivers are very different in style, personality and panache. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not doubting Alonso's ability but he cannot single handedly drag Ferrari from the slump they are in now. The two need to work together as a close knitted team.

I see Red Bull as a here and now team. They've done brilliantly well to get where they are today. They need to keep the momentum they have. They need to sort reliability issues out.

That leaves McLaren who I hope will offer my two boys contracts. Renault where Kubica can actually do something with the team if they had a better second driver and Mercedes who I think are a team to be scared of in the next couple of years.

Of course I might be completely wrong but that is how I see it and I know there'll be the odd disagreement. So bring it on my bitches! :lol:

Y

Either Ferrari or staying put at Renault. Alonso is the real key to understanding why. Kubeetza drives like Alonso and as such, pairing them at Ferrari will benefit everyone. You'd have consistent feedback on the cars and both drivers would be pushing development in the same direction. If he stays at Renault, those froggies know how to design a car for Alonso and that will help Kubeetza.

Wise comment...but Alonso won't let him anywhere closer....for them to remain friends, its best to keep a fair distance...

Ferrari and RK? I disagree.

Robert will be sitting in a mid-field team in 2 years if he puts pen to paper. Alonso is a good development driver -for himself- and the two drivers are very different in style, personality and panache. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not doubting Alonso's ability but he cannot single handedly drag Ferrari from the slump they are in now. The two need to work together as a close knitted team.

I see Red Bull as a here and now team. They've done brilliantly well to get where they are today. They need to keep the momentum they have. They need to sort reliability issues out.

That leaves McLaren who I hope will offer my two boys contracts. Renault where Kubica can actually do something with the team if they had a better second driver and Mercedes who I think are a team to be scared of in the next couple of years.

Of course I might be completely wrong but that is how I see it and I know there'll be the odd disagreement. So bring it on my bitches! :lol:

Red Bull will dominate for as long as they retain Adrien Newey. If I were a driver wanting to win, I'd only look at seats designed by the best, and Newey has proved he is head and shoulders above the rest.

In my opinion, Schumacher should have retired and stayed retired.

...But maybe that's just the subconscious hate that has built up after seeing him destroy McLaren year after year.

Well, it didn't take much which how dog-gone awful McLaren used to be.

The Mercedes is an awful car currently. Even Rosberg's struggling with it, and you can only base him on his team mate in which they share identical equipment (despite the Schuey haters saying that certainly isn't the case). I think Schumacher's been also quite unlucky this season, such as getting the broken front wing at the first corner of Australia when he could have been on for some good points or even a podium. Same with Valencia. The strategy they were running could have seen him in the points if it wasn't for the red light.

But hey, retrospect is a wonderful thing.

Perhaps he was arrogant to come back and probably be expecting to win straight away. But show me an F1 driver that isn't arrogant.

Let's get things clear. The Mercedes is certainly nowhere near the likes of Red Bull and McLaren currently. I wouldn't say it's anywhere near the Renault currently either. It seems the '09 title push really took it out of the team, and it's had dire consequences for 2010. Let's see what happens in '11. If Rosberg is fighting for wins consistently and is a title contender and Schumacher is still struggling next year, as much as it pains me to say it, maybe it is time to Schumacher to hang up the skid lid. For ever this time.

As for who Ferrari should sign in the future if anybody, one word. Vettel.

You nailed it. That is indeed the real topic. Merc is not a good move for Kubeetza.

Ferrari is not good place for anyone until SD is put to sell t-shirts instead of running the team. It is disgrace that SF has such boss.

Alonso is too big ego to allow anyone to have equal opportunity in a team. Massa is perfect pair for Alonso. Webber would also fit well... :)

As for who Ferrari should sign in the future if anybody, one word. Vettel.

If Ferrari can become a competent team again, sure. As things are, it would be a massive step down for Vettel. Doesn't matter if its "every drivers' dream" to race for Ferrari; if Vettel cares for winning, he'll avoid the Domenicalli-era Ferrari at all costs and opt to stay with Red Bull, move to McLaren, or even go to Mercedes who have more of a chance of being competitors with a refreshed driver lineup than Ferrari do (as their current squad is fine...and not getting it done. Mercedes can blame the drivers because both are just...alright).

I still think Ferrari went after Kubica and got turned down. As Kubica should have; he'll have better options if he either waits a year at Renault (could replace Webber, for example) or goes to Merc next year (I think they can improve with a real driver).