Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

subiedude

Stewards And Safety Cars??

After the Monaco fiasco and then the instance of Hamilton qualifying without enough fuel to get back to the pits and yet retaining Pole Position and the unfairness of Valencia, I would not be surprised if Charlie Whiting resigned.

It would be the decent thing to do given the circumstances. G,ive someone else, more capable, the opportunity to do the job fairly, otherwise some people may, wrongly, think that he's favouring McLaren.

As for all of the posting stating how much Ferrari was "whinging", wouldn't you? I don't think Ferrari's supporters are blaiming Hamilton but they are certainly blaiming the total shamble and unfairness.

The person or persons responsible should NOT have another chance of messing things up. The spectators paid a lot of money to see a race, if they wanted a farce they would have gone to a pantomine, well maybe they did.

Having thought about this for a few days, it would seem reasonable for F1 to follow the safety car rules of NASCAR, whom most of those snobs probably dispise, which are well sorted out and considered very fair. SC rules are often difficult with road racing series, but it is largely due to trying to make them too complex. That tends to make us look back at F1 rules currently which probably no one wholly likes or agrees with because of all the bickering, power plays and nutty human nature involved. I think a more simplistic approach can solve these, i.e. dimension limits, leave wings to designers, minimum weight dry, and only make safety the approval criteria. This allows alot of creativity beyond F ducts. Being an engineer, it appeals to me anyway.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

That is the second pattern with the highest degree of likelihood, namely, incompetence.

In the incompetence pattern, FIA is simply overwhelmed. Some argue that this is the sole reason why they have been traditionally "draconian" in their decisions, iow, they've hidden behind a harsh, nearly dictatorial, application of the rulebook... as much as they could.

Anyway, after they allowed Hamilton to lie and falsely accuse MacLaren of fixing Monaco 07, the situation got out of hand as far as Hamilton was concerned. Perhaps FIA thought that RD would put Hamilton in his place which was his job, after all. Unfortunately, RD did the opposite to the extent that he even tried to recruit Alonso to "appease" Hamilton despite Hamilton's lies and betrayal. Come Canada 07, the lewisteric violence was out of hand, the English press was full of aggressive delusion, and trying to stop Hamilton (be that penalizing him or whatever) became too much for FIA. After all, those guys receive death threats when decisions make the violent unhappy. All one needs to do is to check this very forum to see the reactions of lewisterics to things they don't like. Then, FIA is the devil... but only then.

And so, in the incompetence pattern, Hamilton has simply snowballed. He keeps "pushing" the limit or, simply put, clearly cheating while FIA is stunned into silence. Most if not all drivers behave with sportmanship and the one that doesn't is quickly penalized... so there are no two Hamilton's to deal with. Just imagine Whiting, bitting his nails for 20 minutes before giving Hamilton a free pass on the SC issue. Maximal incompetence in the face of all kinds of pressures.

A list of poor decisions from the stewards still does not constitute a conspiracy. And if it is a conspiracy to make Hamilton win at all costs it certainly is the most idiotic conspiracy ever. So, in that case, I would call a bad day the day that the conspirators met to come up with such a preposterours plan.

What conspiracy? What on Earth are you talking about?

After the Monaco fiasco and then the instance of Hamilton qualifying without enough fuel to get back to the pits and yet retaining Pole Position and the unfairness of Valencia, I would not be surprised if Charlie Whiting resigned.

It would be the decent thing to do given the circumstances. G,ive someone else, more capable, the opportunity to do the job fairly, otherwise some people may, wrongly, think that he's favouring McLaren.

As for all of the posting stating how much Ferrari was "whinging", wouldn't you? I don't think Ferrari's supporters are blaiming Hamilton but they are certainly blaiming the total shamble and unfairness.

The person or persons responsible should NOT have another chance of messing things up. The spectators paid a lot of money to see a race, if they wanted a farce they would have gone to a pantomine, well maybe they did.

All true... as well as disregarded completely by those claim all is a "random sequence of remarkably and brutally unlikely yet similar stochastic events".

Whiting has done a lot worse than this. He does not have the decency to resign... unless the pattern is incompetence because it could be that the man is out of his wits trying to keep it all together. Who wouldn't? However, a deceitful, duplicitous, fallacious, dishonorable coward like Whiting that has been eating dog food for decades can hold on even if it's raining sht. Neither he nor anyone else could tell he would be stained by the rain of sht because he is made of the stuff himself.

I love the guy... a hilarious fellow made of a thousand clowns. I thank him for many, many hours of laughter. There should be one like him in every sport. For instance, just imagine letting Whiting loose on a sport as "buckram and poised" as tennis...

Because it has very little to do with sport.

It's about business, TV ratings... Money.

Could´nt have said it better.....

Conspiracy theories are for second-rate bullSh#tters not even intelligent enough to come up with a valid opinion.

Edit: missed the word 'enough'

Conspiracy theories are for second-rate bullSh#tters not even intelligent enough to come up with a valid opinion.

Edit: missed the word 'enough'

Ahhh...welcome back, young lady! I was just about to start a thread on cosnpiracy theories.;)

But it will have to wait as I already spent 1 and a half hour writing on my spanish blog so i'm pretty bored with typing stuff :P

Ah thanks Andres!

I'm guessing in time we'll have the conspiracy that all aliens are actually offspring of Alonso and Schumacher. Sobering thought, eh?

I like the safety cars! :)

me too...:)

Here is the pic I took when I met face to face in Geneva...

post-1061-12782815926_thumb.jpg

1 and a half hour writing on my spanish blog

But...but...but...the Internet is the second-most important U.S. American territory behind the Moon and ahead of Canada! And we exclusively speak English! ;)

But...but...but...the Internet is the second-most important U.S. American territory behind the Moon and ahead of Canada! And we exclusively speak English! ;)

English? I thought this was Yiddish! Oi vey!

Jewish jokes are as funny as Russian ones, and second only to jokes about Paphlagonians. Regretfuly, as the Paphlagonians were destroyed by Alexander The Great, they kinda lost their sense of humour ever since. Of course, there's always their imperishable memory living within us.

Perhaps not.

Why does the FIA avoid safety cars? The cars has a speed and rev limitation for the pitline and for preserve the engine...so why do the race director tell the cars to press the security button and limit the revs to 11.000 for example from the start of the next lap?