Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

D O D Valencia

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who floated your boat?

• Vettel
    • Hamilton
    • Button
    • Barrichello
    • Kubica
    • Sutil
    • Kobayashi
    • Alonso
    • Buemi
    • Rosberg

Kobayashi, Barrichello & Sutil for me - in that order.

Really nice to see the small teams up there.

Who floated my boat?

Those fine young ladies in that pool, that's who.

No man, not even Nico, can float my boat.

PS you're all gay if you vote for any of them males....except for our resident gays...coz you're gay and thats ok

Barri & Kobi. Rubens showed he was still sharp, and Kob showed the version of himself we saw on his debut.

Kobayashi gets my vote..... then i thought maybe Alonso- it must have been difficult to drive mid-pack, work an f-duct and complain like a little bitch over the team radio for 57 laps!

I voted Kobayashi, but in truth it was the Sauber team as a whole who were the 'drivers' of the day. They understood the virtues of allowing their driver to run in a gifted, strong position, use the durability of the harder rubber to good effect and then use the advantages of the softer rubber with devastating effect.

Vettel needed this result for his own demons to be exorcised. If I were him, I would be ruthlessly delighted that I had scored maximum points on a day when Mark scored zero and had a potential knock to his confidence. But for me, overwhelmingly, this was a day to praise the safety of modern F1 cars.

Sutil & Koby. Sutil for being probably the only one to make a racing pass (on Buemi, and discounting the first lap) and Kamui for being able to keep Button at bay for so long.

Sutil & Koby. Sutil for being probably the only one to make a racing pass (on Buemi, and discounting the first lap) and Kamui for being able to keep Button at bay for so long.

Er, what about Kobayashi's overtakes? (albeit with very sticky boots)

Koba...finally he proved I was right....many here were having doubt about the young Jap....given a proper car I am sure his overtaking antics would be as fun as Lewis.....perhaps even better.... :thbup:

I voted Kobayashi, but in truth it was the Sauber team as a whole who were the 'drivers' of the day. They understood the virtues of allowing their driver to run in a gifted, strong position, use the durability of the harder rubber to good effect and then use the advantages of the softer rubber with devastating effect.

Vettel needed this result for his own demons to be exorcised. If I were him, I would be ruthlessly delighted that I had scored maximum points on a day when Mark scored zero and had a potential knock to his confidence. But for me, overwhelmingly, this was a day to praise the safety of modern F1 cars.

I was thinking about that becuase of what he said that points were the least of their problems, I think he'll be more aware of his own mortality from now on.

Koba...finally he proved I was right....many here were having doubt about the young Jap....given a proper car I am sure his overtaking antics would be as fun as Lewis.....perhaps even better.... :thbup:

I wasn't one of those since he first drove last season I knew the guy have a great talent and I know he can do a lot better with a better car.

Ole Peeps

Kobayashi undoubtedly deserves DOD at Valencia. He drove a brilliant race, although I doubt if Jenson Button will see it like that. His last few laps on the options were excellent. This is probably what they thought would happen when they dreamt up the rules on tyres. It was a pity that the director had to follow Vettel on his last lap because Kobayashi would have made for better TV. At least we saw his last lap, last corner overtake as a replay.

I found it strange that Button was never able to get close to Kobayashi or offer any sort of challenge, instead he just followed him around. Maybe McLaren accepted the situation with Hamilton in 2nd and the fact that Button will inherit the 3rd place once the Sauber pitted for tyres, so, why bother risking a collision trying to pass. If so, not very enjoyable for us spectators, or the driver, I would bet.

What happened with Webber at the start? I mean how do you start second and end up 9th. I haven't watched a replay of the race yet, but come on. I doubt he would have been a factor in the race even if he had of completed it. I think it was one that Webber should forget about as quickly as possible. Unbelievable how early that Kovalaninen had to brake for the corner. Scarey accident. Glad everyone was able to walk away from it. I feared the worst when the car was coming down. I was thinking that Webbers head will impact on the corner kerb and the rollover bar will hit the track and then that will be goodnight from him. Very lucky fella.

All in all probably the best race we've seen a Valencia. I know that the bar isn't that high, but come on let's all see the positive.

Bring it on.

Tchau.

Looking forward to Silverstone and the new layout. McLaren updates due then. Alonso will still be in a foul mood.