Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Medilloni

German Gp Of Deutschlandenhausen

There doesn't appear to be any loins stirred about this weekends GP yet, so here's a thread to deposit your thinks.

So far, 1st practice was warm and wet (yummy, my favourite ), entertaining stuff to watch, 2nd was drier.

Lewis binned it in 1st practice, which might have slowed down data gathering for the blown diffuser they're using this weekend. JB complained in the first session that his back end was uncontrollable, it's well known that he likes a firm back end that feels planted. I can relate to that, he has both my problem and preference.

2nd session, whilst Lew's car was being repaired, JB was doing some very long, heavy runs (fcuk, no matter how I write this..... bollocks) with damn fast times, better than Webbo's indeedy, so, maybe it all looks better for Macca than they first thought this morning.

By the end of the day though.... looks like Ferrari fans will be smiling, they looked mighty quick (not the fans, the cars), Fernando was mighty, Massa was quick, but sooooo many offs and looked on a knife edge through both sessions.

Doh, it's free practice and nothing can be judged yet, can it? I say it can :P

Last of all, there was a remarkable lack of talent there today. I mean of the completely sexist variety of course. Is this 'cos of the inclement weather? Has Germanland run out of Top Totty? Have they escaped? Were they just a figbiscuit of my imagination?

Carry on.............

Mclaren is actually faster than what they looked, LH's time was on hard tire while the best times were posted on soft so there is still a lot more to come from Mclaren, I am sure that tomorrow the story will be different that is, if it stay dry, with rain tomorrow anything can happen.

No "loins stirred" because whether we openly admit to it or not, we all know F1 is an in-your-face sham... it is completely different to be rooked by a "smooth operator" than to be mugged by a thug with a batch in plain daylight.

That darn FIA is taking fr EVER to make a decision yet again....how hard is it to decide to start the race? At this speed, they won't make a decision and drop the flag till Sunday some time.....sheesh

There...got the FIA takes to long thing outta the way....

Poor Vito...that hurts!

Interesting bit: Alonso said yesterday that he will need "a miracle" to take P1 from the RBRs. And then a driver goes and crashes after a corner in a similar way as another one in 2008 on some other track after Alonso asked for a miracle. And a few days ago it was seen certain former F1 team manager around Ferrari...yes, this accident isn't any miracle and it didn't help Alonso to get P1 (at least, not so far)...it's just that I got a deja vu :P

With a notoriously underdeveloped car, Bob K. still managed P6 on Q1. If that's not an achievement...

Bit of a silly mistake by Liuzzi, he cant afford that, and Paul Di Resta will be rubbing his hands together

Bit of a silly mistake by Liuzzi, he cant afford that, and Paul Di Resta will be rubbing his hands together

yep...

Ferrari on pace....

Wow, look at Massa go! Welcome back, Felipinho!

Indeed. It says a lot about the Ferraris capacity.

Two milliseconds of difference between Vettel and Alonso. Both have qualified beyond the limits of their rides... Massa and Webber about half a second behind their teammates.

If racing or competition mattered to FIA, both Ferraris will be on the podium.

As things stand, and based on historical data, Ferrari's chances are grim. RBR does not fair much better.

The likely outcome is one or both McLaren's on the podium after questionable FIA's doings.

So it is likely we'll see Whiting clumsy, immoral, and dirty hands messing things up for true F1 fans. Who knows. We might get the fun of seeing him fail.

Good luck to the best this GP, Ferrari and RBR. They are going to need it.

Two milliseconds of difference between Vettel and Alonso. Both have qualified beyond the limits of their rides... Massa and Webber about half a second behind their teammates.

If racing or competition mattered to FIA, both Ferraris will be on the podium.

As things stand, and based on historical data, Ferrari's chances are grim. RBR does not fair much better.

The likely outcome is one or both McLaren's on the podium after questionable FIA's doings.

So it is likely we'll see Whiting clumsy, immoral, and dirty hands messing things up for true F1 fans. Who knows. We might get the fun of seeing him fail.

Good luck to the best this GP, Ferrari and RBR. They are going to need it.

:lmavfa::loljump::lolroll:

And Mercedes just keeps going Backwards, Renault (aka Bob K) went ahead of them a while back, and Now the Williams are handing it to them as well on a regular basis.

And Mercedes just keeps going Backwards, Renault (aka Bob K) went ahead of them a while back, and Now the Williams are handing it to them as well on a regular basis.

Yea Eddie Jordan was saying he thinks Merc are focusing on 2011 & this year isnt going to get any better from now on.

Bruno within 3-tenths of Kovi and about 2-tenths of Glock !! Have they Been this close before ?

I think Hockenheim is the shortest track on the calendar, which is undoubtedly a factor with close quali times (bit like Monaco)

Useless bit of info: According to the Bridgestone guy, had Vettel and Alonso started their fastest lap at the same time Vettel would have ended up 15cm ahead of Alonso's Ferrari (that's less than 6 inches margin for those primitive civilizations who still don't use the metric system :P)

Useless bit of info: According to the Bridgestone guy, had Vettel and Alonso started their fastest lap at the same time Vettel would have ended up 15cm ahead of Alonso's Ferrari (that's less than 6 inches margin for those primitive civilizations who still don't use the metric system :P)

Bah people only use cm when they want to make something seem longer :P

Great quali session! 0.002 secs between 1st & 2nd, even by F1 standards, that's really close! What's more amazing is that Button qualified ahead of Hamilton :blink::blink::blink: !!!

COOL info!!! Nando seemed quite happy in the top3 driver's conference , have'nt seen him like that for a long time, seems the hard work is paying off

COOL info!!! Nando seemed quite happy in the top3 driver's conference , have'nt seen him like that for a long time, seems the hard work is paying off

Bah, stop licking Nando's a## :P I still think that Massa has the upper hand. Maybe I lost some confidence on Nando's skills, but my guess is that it will be either Vettel, Massa and Nando by the first corner, or Alonso/Massa (pick your favorite enemy) will do something stupid and then it will be anybody's guess.

Other than that, did anybody notice Kubica AGAIN placing that pre F-Duct era Renault among the big ones? That guy is battling against all odds almost by himself.

And last but not least, my rant every year a race at Hockenheim is held: GIVE US BACK THE OLD CIRCUIT! This is just some generic mickey mouse track with no personality whatsoever.