Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Medilloni

German Gp Of Deutschlandenhausen

Other than that, did anybody notice Kubica AGAIN placing that pre F-Duct era Renault among the big ones? That guy is battling against all odds almost by himself.

Yes, his performace almost seemed to go unnnoticed. I was watching the Vettel/Alonso battle and at the last moment saw Kubica flinging his car round the last bend to take 6th. brilliant.

and have some faith with Nando Andres. When I badmouth the guy all of a sudden he starts performing... eish, have'nt i learned...

Useless bit of info: According to the Bridgestone guy, had Vettel and Alonso started their fastest lap at the same time Vettel would have ended up 15cm ahead of Alonso's Ferrari (that's less than 6 inches margin for those primitive civilizations who still don't use the metric system :P)

I love metric system until someone uses kW instead of HP for cars.

BTW, if f1.com is correct the actual distance would be 12,39683980865394 cm. :ph34r:

Here's some random data to give you an idea of what does 0.002s mean. In 0.002s:

- A light/radio signal will travel just 600kms. Flying at the speed of light you could have barely traveled from Hockemheim to Paris (if there was no atmosphere).

- A sound wave will travel 0.68m or barely 2 feet under normal conditions.

- A source vibrating every 2 miliseconds would produce a tone with a frequency of 500Hz. That's close enough to a middle A note (440Hz) which is the tone used for tuning most instruments.

- A housefly would perform 2/3rds of a wingflap.

- A bee would be able to perform just half of a wing flap.

- The blink of an eye? No way. It takes 300 to 400 miliseconds for a human to blink. This was 15-20 times as fast.

- Last, but not least, if you've been keeping in your kitchen some hassium-265 (you _know_ the element hassium-265, right? Tastes so good!), in 2 miliseconds half of it will have been disintegrated. Not a long term investment.

Yeah, I'm THAT bored.

Bah people only use cm when they want to make something seem longer :P

Had not heard that one. Funny.

I still think that Massa has the upper hand.

I read that and then this:

Here's some random data to give you an idea of what does 0.002s mean. In 0.002s:

- A light/radio signal will travel just 600kms. Flying at the speed of light you could have barely traveled from Hockemheim to Paris (if there was no atmosphere).

- A sound wave will travel 0.68m or barely 2 feet under normal conditions.

- A source vibrating every 2 miliseconds would produce a tone with a frequency of 500Hz. That's close enough to a middle A note (440Hz) which is the tone used for tuning most instruments.

- A housefly would perform 2/3rds of a wingflap.

- A bee would be able to perform just half of a wing flap.

- The blink of an eye? No way. It takes 300 to 400 miliseconds for a human to blink. This was 15-20 times as fast.

- Last, but not least, if you've been keeping in your kitchen some hassium-265 (you _know_ the element hassium-265, right? Tastes so good!), in 2 miliseconds half of it will have been disintegrated. Not a long term investment.

Yeah, I'm THAT bored.

No, no, Honorable Quiet One, you are THAT insane... which, of course, is always good news.

Bah, stop licking Nando's a## :P I still think that Massa has the upper hand. Maybe I lost some confidence on Nando's skills, but my guess is that it will be either Vettel, Massa and Nando by the first corner, or Alonso/Massa (pick your favorite enemy) will do something stupid and then it will be anybody's guess.

No, you didn't lose confidence on Nando's skills. There's something in the back of our heads saying something about a something...

A mistake

A faulty start

A safety car

A "perfect" timing of all of the above

I don't know. Let's see if I finally watch the race. :mellow:

Yeah, I'm THAT bored.

:lol:

Top 10 top speed (km/h)

VETTEL 311.9

ALONSO 308.5

MASSA 308.3

WEBBER 308.5

BUTTON 317.5

HAMILTON 316.7

KUBICA 309.6

BARRICHELLO 308.2

ROSBERG 308.5

HULKENBERG 307.4

It looks promising for McLaren in the race, they are quite ahead of everyone else.

So boring waiting for Laguna Seca...

Great quali session! 0.002 secs between 1st & 2nd, even by F1 standards, that's really close! What's more amazing is that Button qualified ahead of Hamilton :blink::blink::blink: !!!

Jenson was just leading us on, making us think he's not as fast a driver as Lewis. He's a showman :D

And last but not least, my rant every year a race at Hockenheim is held: GIVE US BACK THE OLD CIRCUIT! This is just some generic mickey mouse track with no personality whatsoever.

Its gona take a lot of chainsaws and lawnmowers to bring back the old circuit. It did make me feel a little sad watching the helicopter view of the old track all grown over with trees, but lets face it the races were usually pretty dull, it was unique, but dull. I do agree though that the current format is nothing special at all

:lol: Vettel on a personal vendetta against Nando at the start? WTF??? Awful start. Massa controlling the race. Alonso will have to play as Massa's watchman...

...yeah, right! :P

Alonso & Massa is like watching a lion chasing a wounded gazzelle! Massa is easy meat, and showing again how cack he is. Looking forward to the inevitable pass

Love the Kubica vs Schumi battles. I hope they will always race this close!

Massa will need at least 10 more pitstops if he is going to wear his tires like this.

Fuel consumption is starting to be a factor. I think the battles will flare out in the last laps only.

Yea now we got Alonso v Massa and Button v Hamilton! FIGHT!

I think Button can win this battle today....

Telling Webber that a "late braking might help" is the last advice I would give to banzai Webbo :lol:

What a rip off!!!!!! :angry: That was stupid, that was not subtle and that was needless. They will be punished by that, probably. Stupids.