Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Medilloni

German Gp Of Deutschlandenhausen

Neither Massa nor Alonso seemed overly happy for this race. Stupid, stupid Ferrari. You hired two racers, let them race ffs.

Indeed.

Raise you.

There's a bunch in this thread that make a fool of themselves no matter they win or lose. They have double standards and they're proud of it.

Funny thing, I forgot to un-blacklist them and the forum experience is a completely different thing. I might just let them continue yelling to each other...

Anyway, Massa has made his best race of the season (no small thing, considering)... and the race was fixed again, although not by FIA... just _YET_. Let's wait and see what Whiting comes up with.

:lol: Alonso is trying to make Massa a little happier but Massa is not on that, I wonder what will he say on the press conference.

Anyway, Massa has made his best race of the season (no small thing, considering)... and the race was fixed again, although not by FIA... just _YET_. Let's wait and see what Whiting comes up with.

Knowing how the FIA work I'm pretty sure they will not penalise Ferrari this time but they may pay for it in a subtle way.

tbh, not the best race ever! There was a bit of argy bargy at the start but the race was lacking drama! There was no real big fights at the top of the standtings i.e. Red Bull, Ferrari, McMerc, the usuals! Had to have a Tom Hank to keep me distracted from turning the TV over to PS3!

I dont know if i'm a lewisteric, I'm a fan of his, but there have never been team orders at mclaren (that I can recall). The allegations by maure, from what I remember from our many debates a couple of years ago, were largely conspiracies & myths with not much substance.

There's being best buddies with Ron Dennis and there's blatant on-track team orders, the 2 are very different.

Dream on... I mean, dream on over the seasons with Alonso or Kova. Just look at who had preference with strategies during Hamilton's first 3 years, from quali to flag. Now with RD and tennis dad out of the picture (not literally in the first case and amusingly so in the second, the man is such a pain to the team it seems to have been forbidden to show up at all) and a Brit as teammate, McLaren is at a loss and yet...

Anyway, if you've gotten to this point believing that McLaren is the only team out there that does not use team orders, you are a goner and more so in Hamilton's case. It's pure lunacy.

As for the conspiracies, sure, the only opinions that require "absolute proof" are the ones you choose. Those are conspiracies. All else is fact... because lewisterics say so.

I smile.

so, there was no problem with FM car, yet he let FA through coz team said if he understands that he's slower than FA!!! :eusa_think:

Couldnt they think something more interesting..

there have never been team orders at mclaren (that I can recall).

U sure about that??? :naughty: :naughty:

Alonso celebrating like he actually won the race. Bender.

And he actually won the race.

:lol: Different perceptions. Mine (and local TV here agreed) is that Alonso didn't look as ecstatic as he usually is. Even more soconsidering that this would have been a key win for him and for the team. No jumping, no "kangaroo" "monkey" or whatever...This was no Austria 2002, but certainly not a win Alonso will be too proud of.

Not only that, he is talking in the press conference like if he actually overtook Massa in a legal pass. :nono1: I think he didn't know we all heard the radio transmission. :naughty:

Wow, thats got to be one the most...interesting post race conference I've seen in a while. I thought I was listening to a couple of polititians

I gotta say, it really sucks when the fans are deprived of a good inter-team battle on the track. Sometimes that's the best action of all. dry.gif

Jesus wept. There's some bitches in this forum. If you're going to have a go at someone, have the decency to front them out rather than acting like a bunch of old biddy bingo women talking about their latest blue rinse.

Yes, I'm talking to you Tommy and Shaliq.

Anyway. My TV blacked out on me. Who won, and where was JB?

German GP: Alonso Wins Team Order Battle

Sunday 25th July 2010

..1 of 5.....Ferrari won Sunday's German GP but could face a backlash after a "sorry" pit wall order Felipe Massa to gift the win to Fernando Alonso.

Starting second and third on the grid with Alonso ahead of Massa, pole-sitter Sebastian Vettel did everything he could to squeeze Alonso, leaving a perfect gap for Massa to take the lead. Adding insult to injury, Vettel then ran wide in his battle with Alonso and dropped to third place.

And that was pretty much it for the grand prix.

Massa and Alonso held stations despite a minor incident within the Ferrari camp when Alonso was quicker than his team-mate and wanted by. Massa, though, was having none of it - and neither was the Ferrari pit wall.

Forced to remain behind his team-mate, Alonso was fuming but Massa proved Ferrari right in not issuing team orders - which are actually banned - by plugging in fastest lap after fastest lap as he pulled away from his team-mate.

And with Alonso not wanting to be outdone by his team-mate, the Spaniard himself put in quick laps until finally he was back on Massa's rear wing. And that's when the team orders finally came.

On lap 49 as Rob Smedley told Massa: "So Fernando is faster than you? Can you confirm you understand that message?"

A few corners later Massa, very obviously, let Alonso by and into the lead as Ferrari's pit wall decided the outcome of the German GP. "Sorry," Smedley told Massa.

Meanwhile, Vettel finished in third place, completing the podium while behind the top-three battle - if we can call it a battle - Lewis Hamilton claimed fourth place at the start, overtaking Mark Webber through the hairpin on the opening lap. He remained P4 throughout the grand prix while Webber lost out to Jenson Button in the round of pit stops.

Follow the link and read the comments below the news.

:lol: Alonso won and JB ended up behind Lewis in 5th.

Jesus wept. There's some bitches in this forum. If you're going to have a go at someone, have the decency to front them out rather than acting like a bunch of old biddy bingo women talking about their latest blue rinse.

Don't worry we are not that touchy so we won't complain about abuse nor violence.

Steph, I think considering the stupid conspiracies that other member's spit out I think it's reasonable you get some reaction from Tommy and Shaliq by what happened today....

first read their posts and ask them to have the decency to talk one on one.....

don't want to argue...

I have voiced my opinion and I will move on.looking out for the next race..I am certainly not like Maure of Alehop who would bring back the subjects that are as old as their grandma...

Not only that, he is talking in the press conference like if he actually overtook Massa in a legal pass. :nono1: I think he didn't know we all heard the radio transmission. :naughty:

Oh, he's talking as if Spain had won the World Cup.

F1 - Formula Farce as Ferrari fix the German Grand Prix

A fixed race result in Germany

Not since 2002 has the sport of Formula One seen such blatant race fixing as that witnessed this afternoon at Hockenheim as Ferrari blatantly broke the rules to gift Fernando Alonso victory in the German Grand Prix.

It wasn’t a good race by any stretch of the imagination with the order largely determined at the first turn, but it was the call to race leader Felipe Massa on lap 49 that will anger fans around the world. “Fernando is faster than you,” race engineer Rob Smedley informed the Brazilian. “Can you confirm you understand that message...”

Until that point it had seemed to be a decent battle at the front between Massa and Alonso, the pair circulating between one and three seconds apart. However, Ferrari needed Alonso to win rather than Massa, so the team order was given in pretty clear language that anyone could understand.

Massa breathed off the throttle exiting the hairpin at turn six and Alonso was though into the race lead. A race fix beyond doubt in an era where team orders that influence the outcome of the race are no longer permitted.

Ferrari has clearly broken the rules and this story will run and run.

There were few cheers for Alonso from the German crowd as he took to the top step of the podium but should the result stand – and I can’t see how it can – he now has 123 points compared to Lewis Hamilton’s 157. A handy gain.

Massa finished in second position clearly unhappy, four seconds behind Alonso while Sebastian Vettel was third in the leading Red Bull.

Vettel started the 67-lap race from pole position but didn’t make a great getaway and tried to block Alonso as he went down the inside into turn one. As Vettel and Alonso battle for position, Massa swept around the outside to take the lead, one he would control until instructed to gift Alonso the win.

Lewis Hamilton retains his championship lead with his fourth place finish ahead of team-mate Jenson Button. McLaren had no answer to the pace of Ferrari and Red Bull but a good opening lap from Hamilton saw him pass Mark Webber into the hairpin, a position he retained for the rest of the day.

Button didn’t make a good start and but his long stint allowed him to pass Webber in the pits and finish in fifth while Webber was forced to back off in the latter stages with an oil consumption problem on his RB6.

Robert Kubica started seventh and finished in the same position a lap down in his Renault head of the Mercedes duo of Nico Rosberg and Michael Schumacher. Vitaly Petrov finished in the points for just the second time after a solid run to tenth in the second Renault.

Kamui Kobayashi was out of the points in 11th ahead of the Williams duo of Rubens Barrichello and Nico Hulkenberg. Pedro de la Rosa was 14th in the second Sauber ahead of Jaime Alguersuari.

It was a disastrous day at Force India with Tonio Liuzzi and Adrian Sutil two laps down in 16th and 17th ahead of Timo Glock and Bruno Senna.

So we have a Ferrari one-two but it’s a fix and the FIA need to take action and exclude both cars from the race to send out a clear message that race fixing is no longer acceptable in Formula One.

Ferrari will try and claim that they had to make the call due to pressure from Vettel, but Vettel was five seconds back at the time and the Italian team has broken the rules.

One year ago today Massa nearly lost his life in Hungary. Today his championship hopes with Ferrari are over for good.

And he actually won the race.

Come on you know what I mean!

Yep, Alonso said "I dont know what happened" when explaining why Massa was slower on the exit of the hairpin when he passed him. So, Alonso is clearly willing to tell straight lies to the media now.

In response to Maure, I wouldnt say mclaren are the only team who have never used team orders - rather that Ferrari are the only team who WOULD use a team order as blatanly as that. The strategies with Kovalainen were your perception at the time cos it seemed u were desperate to show Hamilton was unfairly beating his team-mate, but no-one at the time in F1 ever mentioned anything of the sort (from my memory at least). And I just dont buy that a team would deliberately give their own a driver a bad strategy, thats just ridiculous. There are meetings/briefings to decide strategy, millions of pounds spent, hours spent, & even since leaving McLaren Heikki hasnt said anything negative. Its your opinion and thats fair enough, but Mclaren 2007-2009 is a lot different to what we've seen today, which is just a clear & simple "move over and let your team-mate win"

Come on you know what I mean!

I know what you mean but Alonso thought Massa had some sort of problem, he wasn't aware of what was going on. Maybe he knew soon after he saw Massa's face.