Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

So Massa Thinks He'S Not A Number Two Eh!

RobertWagner3.jpg

Yeah sure Massa, we all believe you buddy. Now I'm not being serious guys, I know it's just some posturing on his part. We all know he's the number two. His bank account won't be complaining any, but I think this is just more team pr rubbish to deflect the fact they have gone back to the Schumi Alonso is #1. It's also a little funny with Rubens comments as well. Fact is he got paid well, got to win a few races and be in a successful team. Sometimes it's better to be satisfied with that you got, rather than what you don't have. And when the alternative is putting around in a Lotus or Virgin, being a number looks pretty good in comparison.

And speaking of number twos, I happened to come across this old british tv show called The Prisoner. Was quite amazed when they had a character called Number Two as well. I guess I had always thought that character was copied/inspired from the James Bond films, but there did seem to be alot in common with what was happening on The Prisoner too.

"That old TV show" is one of the best shows ever (in its original version). It was one of the most absurd, claustrophobic and deeply philosophical of all Tv shows in the Bond era.

I used to have nightmares about bouncing balls chasing me as a child...(I know...too many jokes...)

As for Massa, I wrote somewhere else that he need to choose a path. If he is going to be Alonso's bitch, then he better puts his happy happy joy joy face and starts talking about how marvelous life is. If not, he has every right to give the team the finger, try to negotiate a better contract, ingnore team orders or walk away and slam the door. But sitting on the fence will not make him a successful driver either inside the team or outside.

I think if Massa leads Alonso in terms of points same time next season,it would be Alonso's turn to convince everyone that he is not number two...I am saying this because Massa supported Kimi when Kimi was leading and viceversa...the difference is that, Alonso would go public crying about his status if he finds himself in that situation, and no one can ever say that he will not be in that sort of situation.

Alonso cried about status in 2007.

Kimi did not cry, he supported his team mate

In the weird twist of reality both of them got fired based on performance in the season they play second fiddle. :)

Massa played for Kimi and Kimi played for Massa. It's the Ferrari way.

Ferrari will do the same with Massa and Alonso if the circumstances come about. It's the Ferrari way...

... and this is not the case in all teams, yep, those that gift favoritism on inmoral grounds.

Last, for all those that are only able to judge events as fanboys, you are up for a baaaaa-baaay.

Someone say James Bond. MmmYeah! -drifts into dreamspace-

Has anybody heard the warcry of the most vicious species in our midst?

DUN DUN DUUUUUN

The anti-Alonso brigade.

Has anybody heard the warcry of the most vicious species in our midst?

DUN DUN DUUUUUN

The anti-Alonso brigade.

Laughed out loud. Thanks, my friend.

Massa played for Kimi and Kimi played for Massa. It's the Ferrari way.

Ferrari will do the same with Massa and Alonso if the circumstances come about. It's the Ferrari way...

... and this is not the case in all teams, yep, those that gift favoritism on inmoral grounds.

Last, for all those that are only able to judge events as fanboys, you are up for a baaaaa-baaay.

I think Ferrari will only support Massa if Alonso has a horrid year and would be mathematically out of the points. Even then I just can't imagine Alonso would move over for Massa. And more importantly I'm sure Ferrari would never even "ask" him to. It seems to be Ferrari are and will do things to make sure Alonso isn't ever in that situation.

My gut tells me Ferrari are not doing things like they did with Massa and Kimi. Back then there seemed to be some team harmony and driver unity, not just for show but for real. But now, with Alonso doing that passing move in Shanghai on the pitlane entrance, and then being the instigator for having the team order Massa aside, I think we're actually heading back to the Schumi era. Or in the official words of Ferrari "there is no number two... we don't do team orders". Yeah yeah but we're not all gullible idiots. I think everyone knows it's heading back to the Schumi days at Ferrari now when it comes to #1s and #2s. But fear not folks as it really won't be the Schumi era reborn as they don't have the masterminds who made Ferrari great once again.

Ferrari and their drivers comments about doing things for the team, well I've only heard Alonso say those words when it benefits him. So in my mind, their comments about teamwork and such & such is a veiled and fruitless attempt to pull the wool over peoples eyes as to what's really going on. Massa displayed no qualms or displeasure at helping Kimi win the WDC. That was "teamwork" also. Kimi the charmer also didn't display displeasure or throw a fit when helping Massa. Does anyone here actually believe Alonso is going stop putting himself first at all costs, whether it be unethtical, dishonest or illegal ways? I know drivers are there to be the best, to win and to achieve results. I know they have to step on toes to get what they need and want in order to win. But Alonso's crossed the line many times with so many different potential career ending scandals, and yet here he is still racing. Anyway, the point being I just can't see Alonso being eager to playing the supporting role and I truly believe Ferrari are and will do things preemptively to make sure he never ends up in that situation.

I used to really like Alonso. Thought he was a great Champion. THen came the claim about being worth 0.6 sec/lap, McLaren and now the issue with Massa being in his way. If Massa hadn't been leading and was in second place holding up Alonso I could have seen the logic in the team wanted FM out of the way..............................oh never mind.

I just Hope FM and Smedley make it very tough on the other guy for the rest of the year. IF they have to keep telling Massa to Let Alonso through, it will be the biggest joke in F1.

Just imagine a few weekends of this

Smedley

Felipe, Alonso is faster, do you copy?

Felipe

OK I'll slow down and let him catch up.

I forget the situations when kimi helped massa.

I forget all the situations where anyone helped anyone - unless it was team orders of course.eusa_think.gif

I think Ferrari will only support Massa if Alonso has a horrid year and would be mathematically out of the points. Even then I just can't imagine Alonso would move over for Massa. And more importantly I'm sure Ferrari would never even "ask" him to. It seems to be Ferrari are and will do things to make sure Alonso isn't ever in that situation.

My gut tells me Ferrari are not doing things like they did with Massa and Kimi. Back then there seemed to be some team harmony and driver unity, not just for show but for real. But now, with Alonso doing that passing move in Shanghai on the pitlane entrance, and then being the instigator for having the team order Massa aside, I think we're actually heading back to the Schumi era. Or in the official words of Ferrari "there is no number two... we don't do team orders". Yeah yeah but we're not all gullible idiots. I think everyone knows it's heading back to the Schumi days at Ferrari now when it comes to #1s and #2s. But fear not folks as it really won't be the Schumi era reborn as they don't have the masterminds who made Ferrari great once again.

Ferrari and their drivers comments about doing things for the team, well I've only heard Alonso say those words when it benefits him. So in my mind, their comments about teamwork and such & such is a veiled and fruitless attempt to pull the wool over peoples eyes as to what's really going on. Massa displayed no qualms or displeasure at helping Kimi win the WDC. That was "teamwork" also. Kimi the charmer also didn't display displeasure or throw a fit when helping Massa. Does anyone here actually believe Alonso is going stop putting himself first at all costs, whether it be unethtical, dishonest or illegal ways? I know drivers are there to be the best, to win and to achieve results. I know they have to step on toes to get what they need and want in order to win. But Alonso's crossed the line many times with so many different potential career ending scandals, and yet here he is still racing. Anyway, the point being I just can't see Alonso being eager to playing the supporting role and I truly believe Ferrari are and will do things preemptively to make sure he never ends up in that situation.

Your take on Alonso is a self-induced hallucinogenic tip.

You are blocked. Baaaaa-baaaaay.

I used to really like Alonso. Thought he was a great Champion. THen came the claim about being worth 0.6 sec/lap, McLaren and now the issue with Massa being in his way. If Massa hadn't been leading and was in second place holding up Alonso I could have seen the logic in the team wanted FM out of the way..............................oh never mind.

I just Hope FM and Smedley make it very tough on the other guy for the rest of the year. IF they have to keep telling Massa to Let Alonso through, it will be the biggest joke in F1.

Just imagine a few weekends of this

Smedley

Felipe, Alonso is faster, do you copy?

Felipe

OK I'll slow down and let him catch up.

I never thought a great deal of Alonso until he fought for his life in McLaren and was the champion save for Massa letting Kimi by in Brazil 07, the last race of the season.

Alonso's ability to out perform everyone despite the sht storm around him put him on my list as second best to Kimi.

Regarding the 0.6 secs, it was RD who said it first and did so cover up the data stolen from Ferrari. Alonso was stupid for repeating it and you are three times over for considering that a reason to evaluate a driver.

You are blocked. Baaaa-baaay.

I forget all the situations where anyone helped anyone - unless it was team orders of course.eusa_think.gif

You made me smile. Thanks.

Your take on Alonso is a self-induced hallucinogenic tip.

You are blocked. Baaaaa-baaaaay.

Oh maure... maure maure maure. I think you mean "self-induced hallucinogenic trip"... but I don't do drugs. Drugs are bad mmmkay!

I expected at least an insult after putting in some effort for that post. I cry a little knowing you didn't put in the same :(

Edited: to add some /sniffles

Lol maure the TF1 forums are gona get very boring soon if you keep blocking everyone!

Kimi had a problem in French GP '08 & moved over for Massa, I dont remember any other favours though.

P.S. Maure, Alonso would'nt have been champ 2007 if Massa had won the race - Hamilton was still ahead in the standings, silly!

Oh, for George's sake! Enough already! I know you guys don't like Alonso, I feel exactly the same about Hamilton. I could watch Hamilton saving my mother from certain dead and I still would not like the fact that his socks didn't match his shirt when hi saved her. But I still don't go as low as some posts around.

Here:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/07/german-grand-prix-the-key-decisions/

http://www.f1network.net/main/s696/st161007.htm

http://www.f1network.net/main/s696/st161012.htm

In James Allen's blog you even have a bonus: to explain about the team orders he mention at BGP last year.

Suit yourselves or make your own Hockenheim Thread: "THE MONOBROW DEVIL FROM HELL WHO CONTROLS FERRARI, SANTANDER, KIMI AND THE FIA WITH HIS WHINING OF MASS DESTRUCTION"

Geez...

Oh, for George's sake! Enough already! I know you guys don't like Alonso, I feel exactly the same about Hamilton. I could watch Hamilton saving my mother from certain dead and I still would not like the fact that his socks didn't match his shirt when hi saved her. But I still don't go as low as some posts around.

Here:

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/07/german-grand-prix-the-key-decisions/

http://www.f1network.net/main/s696/st161007.htm

http://www.f1network.net/main/s696/st161012.htm

In James Allen's blog you even have a bonus: to explain about the team orders he mention at BGP last year.

Suit yourselves or make your own Hockenheim Thread: "THE MONOBROW DEVIL FROM HELL WHO CONTROLS FERRARI, SANTANDER, KIMI AND THE FIA WITH HIS WHINING OF MASS DESTRUCTION"

Geez...

I still Like Alonso, but he needs to just drive, and quit complaining about his teammate, he is starting to embarrass himself.

Its certainly wrong to blame Alonso for what happened in Germany, it's not doing his fault at all.

Most people agree on 2 things with Alonso:

1) He's a bloody good & tough racing driver

2) He's a d#ck

I never thought a great deal of Alonso until he fought for his life in McLaren and was the champion save for Massa letting Kimi by in Brazil 07, the last race of the season.

Alonso's ability to out perform everyone despite the sht storm around him put him on my list as second best to Kimi.

Regarding the 0.6 secs, it was RD who said it first and did so cover up the data stolen from Ferrari. Alonso was stupid for repeating it and you are three times over for considering that a reason to evaluate a driver.

You are blocked. Baaaa-baaay.

I evaluate drivers on much more then that. I brought that up as one of the reasons I am starting to dislike him personally,His head is getting swollen. Stupid is as stupid does, and I guess Maure's blocking maneuver answers that one. Guys, I can only hope that means I will not have to suffer from more of Maure's delusional posts.

I would like to start a Forum. Only those that have been blocked by Maure can join. It is going to be called totalf1. :lol:

Its certainly wrong to blame Alonso for what happened in Germany, it's not doing his fault at all.

Most people agree on 2 things with Alonso:

1) He's a bloody good & tough racing driver

2) He's a d#ck

:lol: Now THAT's a post I can agree with. I still think that he is not worse than your average winning driver (namely: Hamilton, or Vettel) in terms of d#ckness, but I can understand your view.

:lol: Now THAT's a post I can agree with. I still think that he is not worse than your average winning driver (namely: Hamilton, or Vettel) in terms of d#ckness, but I can understand your view.

:eusa_think: We asses drivers by their aggression, smooth driving, overtaking ability etc etc... so D1ckness seems a legitimate category addition. We could call it the WDC :P

:eusa_think: We asses drivers by their aggression, smooth driving, overtaking ability etc etc... so D1ckness seems a legitimate category addition. We could call it the WDC :P

:lol: You might have stumbled upon a fundamental law of nature there!