Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Medilloni

Hungarian Gp

:lol: I do not remotely like Button in that manner! So p**s off!

And hey, mr. My bones are all accounted for! :lol:

How about Mr. Button's bone. :lol:

Mr Buttons. Sounds like a Saturday morning muppet.

Before you get upset, Relax, I like Button. He has matured over the years, and is one of F1's good guys now. Not sure what is up with the McClaren, but it isn't suiting him.

then giving a penalty to the one true racing move of the entire race.

Ten spots for a completely legal move is just absurd.

It's like soccer. No contact no foul. What RB did by going on the radio was like throwing himself in the 16 yard box to get a PK and the refs bought it.

The guy in front has right of way, it's your responsibility to not hit him unless he closes the door on the apex WAY too late, and the guy in front of you is allowed one defensive move. It's not like Rubbens could not have seen it coming. Its a wide strait and he is moving over, he is not going to stop until he is all the way across

Watch the video again. Watch Micheals head. HE is not choosing his own line. HE is reacting to RB in his mirrors. That is what got him the penalty. It is called blocking, and he did it way too late. I guess his reflexs aren't what they were. If he put his car up against the wall to prevent RB from taking that line, then fine, but he chose to shut the door way too late, and it was dangerous. Similiar to closing the door on an apex way too late.

Ten spots for a completely legal move is just absurd.

I dont remember you saying this when, in order to help MS achieve one more WDC, Alonso was punished for disturbing the airflow 200m ahead of Massa...

It's like soccer. No contact no foul.

You are not serious are you? Let me enligthen you: 5 cm more to the right and one (or both) could be dead today. Try to see the difference please...

What RB did by going on the radio was like throwing himself in the 16 yard box to get a PK and the refs bought it.

It was not the first time Michael did something dirty, was it?

What I think the most absurd thing of all was MS comments:

"I did give him enough space. Proof is he overtook me..."

Of course Michael, just like you did not try to put JVilleneuve out of the race and the WDC in 1997: proof is he won it!

Of course of course... Laughable.

I dont remember you saying this when, in order to help MS achieve one more WDC, Alonso was punished for disturbing the airflow 200m ahead of Massa...

You are not serious are you? Let me enligthen you: 5 cm more to the right and one (or both) could be dead today. Try to see the difference please...

It was not the first time Michael did something dirty, was it?

What I think the most absurd thing of all was MS comments:

"I did give him enough space. Proof is he overtook me..."

Of course Michael, just like you did not try to put JVilleneuve out of the race and the WDC in 1997: proof is he won it!

Of course of course... Laughable.

All true.

Well, the standings look more realistic now even though the maccas are still unusualy high in the board. Hamilton has done his part nicely but "luck" and Whiting have done more than luck or skill. Button needs to step outside his confort zone with his drive... it isn't perfectly suited to him, so tough it out or lose your chances. Webber is the man and I'm quite pleased he is showing Vettel how it is done... because the championship is about being up there and regular. In short, Webber is being the better driver at RBR. Alonso drove very, very well a very, very boring race for him and all who saw him. Kept Vettel behind, sure, but it is clear it wasn't that hard considering his talent and Vettel's lack of... plus the nature of the track (still, others did manage to score passes).

All in all, as I said at the start, the standings look more realistic now and should keep correcting themselves as the season evolves. The maccas will sink. Ferrari will improve or face a similar fate. And I still Back Alonso as best driver but must include a spectacular Webber in the draw.

Overall, good race I thought. The safety car certainly spiced things up a great deal, and in all I think it was an interesting race. Certainly wasn't a snore-fest like many were predicting beforehand.

On the Michael/Rubens thing, I have to say, even as a Michael fan, it was out of order. There's racing and then there's being downright dangerous to spectators and fellow drivers. I normally don't buy into the talk about "well, what if they'd collided?" based on the fact that they didn't, and got away with it. But they were very, very lucky to get away with it, and yeah, it could have been very different. I think the penalty suited the crime, excluding him from the race wouldn't have done anything seeing as he was out the points, and banning him from Spa would have been too far based on the fact there may be Michael fans there who have simply bought tickets based on his comeback.

Just a quick question, did Mercedes end up getting a penalty on the Rosberg wheel thing? I remember last year when the wheel came off Fernando's car at this exact track, Renault got quite a hefty penalty and a reprimand I believe. Sure that was at racing conditions and potentially at higher speed, but this was much, much more dangerous based on the fact it was in the pit lane and the pit lane so happened to be filled with people and cars at that moment in time, plus I believe it did hit a Williams mechanic. F1 was seriously lucky nobody was injured severly, or even worse.

Anyway, what with Lewis retiring from the race, Button not having a good one, Webber winning and Alonso having another strong result, the championship is set up perfectly for it's climax now. I personally can't wait till Spa and will be studying those points tables in details till that race comes! :P

Got to disagree with you here, and I think many others will too.

Whilst giving your fellow racer little opportunity to overtake you in a race is part and parcel of the sport, putting one into a wall because of your blatant actions is not. There is racing, and then there is dangerous racing, and that was the latter.

Had the pitwall not ended at that exact moment, then Rubes might be jam on the tarmac, and maybe Schumacher too. Schui does not even change trajectory past the pitlane exit, forcing Rubes further off the road, and does not change his course until Rubes gets to the drain on the opposite side of the pit exit, and he jinks left to force Schumi away.

You can't tell me that that is fair racing.

Either Schumacher is so freaking amazing that he had the angle just right so as to not cause a crash as he knew Rubes would miss the wall by three millimetres, or he just has no regard for peoples lives, even that of someone for which he shared five years of his career and probably (used to) consider a friend.

If that move was performed in a lesser formula, then it would have been a black flag.

Whilst Senna was dirty on track at times, he too was sensitive enough to stop at the scene of an on course crash and save a fellow driver from further injury (forget exactly which race, but think it was a Monza or a Hockenheim race) when others did not. Schui would put you in the wall, finish the race, park his car in the pits, go to his motorhome, have a shower and a beer, then wonder what all the fuss was about.

Notice that he has not said anything yet? (or at least has not yet been reported as saying) :thbdn:

Seeing as how yours was the first and best worded response to my post I'll respond to you.

The whole aspect I find ridiculous about this whole discussion about the move is that fact that everybody talks as though Rubens had no control over his own actions. The whole point of moving over is to get the guy behind to back off. If Rubens felt unsafe at any time he can left a half an inch off his accelerator and he would be fine. But he was just as stubborn as Schumi and both took part in a game of chicken.

Sure it was a d#ck move, but schumi left him enough room, to think he wouldn't is stupid. no matter how much you are against a driver. he might just leave him enough room but to say that any racing driver would not leave enough room so the other guy would hit a wall at top speed is a bit daft don't you think. (ok, maybe NASCAR excluded but are they really race car drivers, they just drive around a giant roundabout)

The point I'm trying to make is that Rubens should not whine about schumi making it difficult, Schumi always left him an out, it was Rubens who decided to keep overtaking even when he was off track.

How about Mr. Button's bone. :lol:

Mr Buttons. Sounds like a Saturday morning muppet.

Before you get upset, Relax, I like Button. He has matured over the years, and is one of F1's good guys now. Not sure what is up with the McClaren, but it isn't suiting him.

:lol:

Jessica Mitchywhatherface can worry about his bone!

You're alright. In my good books. But that Handy...

Cheers YHR. What does that stand for or mean, dude?

Seeing as how yours was the first and best worded response to my post I'll respond to you.

The whole aspect I find ridiculous about this whole discussion about the move is that fact that everybody talks as though Rubens had no control over his own actions. The whole point of moving over is to get the guy behind to back off. If Rubens felt unsafe at any time he can left a half an inch off his accelerator and he would be fine. But he was just as stubborn as Schumi and both took part in a game of chicken.

Sure it was a d#ck move, but schumi left him enough room, to think he wouldn't is stupid. no matter how much you are against a driver. he might just leave him enough room but to say that any racing driver would not leave enough room so the other guy would hit a wall at top speed is a bit daft don't you think. (ok, maybe NASCAR excluded but are they really race car drivers, they just drive around a giant roundabout)

The point I'm trying to make is that Rubens should not whine about schumi making it difficult, Schumi always left him an out, it was Rubens who decided to keep overtaking even when he was off track.

Indeed. Well said.

If like shields says Michael was reacting to his mirrors, Rubens must know this judging the way Michael was already moving over. Rubens chose to stick with it as F1 FANatic states.

Good post and I agree.

However.

Why try and pull off such an extreme move (both drivers) for tenth place? A matter of points? A matter of honour for Michael, and revenge for Rubens? Or just a racing incident? Ask yourself. I'm still unsure.

Maybe you need to watch that move again and see how close to the edge of the wall Rubens really was.... we're talking millimetres , and you're talking about Schumie letting him an out?...As for Rubens lifting off.... why, he's bloody overtaking. He choose a decisive moment on the straight picking up slipstream with a faster car on fresh tyres. Everybody knows how hard is is to overtake on this track, why should he back off on a legitimate challenge.. The point is...Schumacher knew he was beaten, the glance in the mirrors confirmed it, and tried scaring Rubens off the move by almost causing a horrific crash....

Dear Steph....It's called racing... any driver who fail to realise this, and not try to beat the opposition, even in last place, has no room in F1 and should pack his bags and leave.....

F1Fanatic....if you still don't believe us....

Schumacher says the hardest word

Michael Schumacher has apologised to Rubens Barrichello for trying to put him in the wall in the closing stages of yesterday’s Hungarian Grand Prix. Writing in German only on his website (the English version of the site does not yet have the post at the time of writing) he says, “Yesterday right after the race I was still in the heat of the action, but after I watched the scene again with Rubens, I must say that the Stewards are right with their assessment: the manoeuver against him was too harsh. I wanted to make myself of course difficult to overtake. I wanted to make it hard for him to pass me. I clearly showed him that I didn’t want to let him pass. I wasn’t trying to endanger him with my move. If he had this feeling, then sorry, that was not my intention. ” The reaction against the move has been quite strong and it has kept the media busy this last 24 hours. There have been calls for him to be banned for a race or more and for him to retire, from some quarters. His former team mate Eddie Irvine was very critical of his behaviour and called for him to be more severely punished than the 10 place grid drop he received at the next race. Although many of Schumacher’s fans have stuck by him and supported his move, with plenty of supportive words among the 400+ comments on this site, 73% of a sample of 8,500 readers on the JA on F1 site said they felt the move was “outrageous”, while 22% said it was “hard but fair.” The appearance of a photo on the internet showing just how close Barrichello was to the wall, has added to the debate. It is much more graphic than the TV images from yesterday. Schumacher has rarely said sorry in the past. It is not in his character to accept pressure from other people, particularly the media, to apologise. He was forced by Ferrari boss Luca di Montezemolo to make a public apology after Jerez 1997, when he drove Jacques Villeneuve off the road and he famously said sorry to the tifosi when he crashed early in the Monaco Grand Prix in 1996, but he has always refused to apologise for parking his car at Rascasse during qualifying for the 2006 Monaco Grand Prix. It is amazing to think that Schumacher and Barrichello, with a combined age of 79 and a combined total of 556 Grands Prix, who once dominated F1 in Ferraris, were fighting over a single point for 10th place!

Some respect for the big man from this fan....

Well. I still stand by what I said. Damage limitation for Mikeyboy there me thinks.

...if I were Button, I'd be wondering where Lewis got 7/10ths from in Q3.

It's called the 'right foot'.

Button has many things he's good at, but Lewis is the fastest man out there. Period.

Not easy to decide in the heat of the moment, but Michael would have made more of an impact amongst those who know him, what he's about and what he is, if he had just made the one move to defend and then let Rubens through, fair and square. That would have told us all how he feels about his current car and a mindset of patience to let the car come to him. Doing what he did just strred up the old stories, accusations and rows.

This is not the first time this season we have seen him look vunerable as the race gets near the end. This highlights, to me, his struggles with tyre management through a lack of understanding and too much time out of the loop. F1 changes in three years more than it used to.

Jessica Mitchywhatherface can worry about his bone!

You're alright. In my good books. But that Handy...

Cheers YHR. What does that stand for or mean, dude?

Fricking only the bestest in every positive way possible in your book (yes I read them when you was looking the other way :P )

pfft....what am I? Puff pastry?

:P

You are many things, sir: sharp, knowledgable and laugh-out-loud funny but decidely not puff pastry.

My oversight in not adding your name to the pantheon.

Apart from being nearly two seconds off the Bulls, I'd be pretty happy. Despite the seemingly harmonious atmosphere at Woking, if I were Button, I'd be wondering where Lewis got 7/10ths from in Q3. I'd also leave the Jessica at home.

Seems to me that McLaren have stood still whilst Red Bull and Ferrari are clearly enjoying an upturn in performance. It's no coincidence that this upturn has happened whilst eyebrows are raisng up and down the pitlane regarding the moving front wings. Is Jenson over driving whilst trying to make up the difference? Is there something about Lewis's style that enables him to lean harder without the balance and tyre degradation issues that Jenson is suffering?

As for leaving Jess at home, I disagree. I think we need an in depth interview with her with at least fourteen different camera angles.

Rubens figures out safe way to overtake Schumacher.

:clap3:

I did give him enough space. Proof is he overtook me...

Here, at least, Michael is correct. Say what you will about the move (and I for one condemn it) his reaction to move left when he saw Rubens running out of road was up there with the best. If his intention was to run Rubens off the road, he would have let him take to the grass. Equally, if Rubens believed in that split second that he couldn't trust Michael to move left, he would have taken to the grass. It was too marginal, this we know. But Michael is quite correct. All said and done, Rubens made his pass and no one died.

...minus Nikki's good looks.

F1Fanatic....if you still don't believe us....

Schumacher says the hardest word

Michael Schumacher has apologised to Rubens Barrichello for trying to put him in the wall in the closing stages of yesterday’s Hungarian Grand Prix. Writing in German only on his website (the English version of the site does not yet have the post at the time of writing) he says, “Yesterday right after the race I was still in the heat of the action, but after I watched the scene again with Rubens, I must say that the Stewards are right with their assessment: the manoeuver against him was too harsh. I wanted to make myself of course difficult to overtake. I wanted to make it hard for him to pass me. I clearly showed him that I didn’t want to let him pass. I wasn’t trying to endanger him with my move. If he had this feeling, then sorry, that was not my intention. ” The reaction against the move has been quite strong and it has kept the media busy this last 24 hours. There have been calls for him to be banned for a race or more and for him to retire, from some quarters. His former team mate Eddie Irvine was very critical of his behaviour and called for him to be more severely punished than the 10 place grid drop he received at the next race. Although many of Schumacher’s fans have stuck by him and supported his move, with plenty of supportive words among the 400+ comments on this site, 73% of a sample of 8,500 readers on the JA on F1 site said they felt the move was “outrageous”, while 22% said it was “hard but fair.” The appearance of a photo on the internet showing just how close Barrichello was to the wall, has added to the debate. It is much more graphic than the TV images from yesterday. Schumacher has rarely said sorry in the past. It is not in his character to accept pressure from other people, particularly the media, to apologise. He was forced by Ferrari boss Luca di Montezemolo to make a public apology after Jerez 1997, when he drove Jacques Villeneuve off the road and he famously said sorry to the tifosi when he crashed early in the Monaco Grand Prix in 1996, but he has always refused to apologise for parking his car at Rascasse during qualifying for the 2006 Monaco Grand Prix. It is amazing to think that Schumacher and Barrichello, with a combined age of 79 and a combined total of 556 Grands Prix, who once dominated F1 in Ferraris, were fighting over a single point for 10th place!

Some respect for the big man from this fan....

Hmm, saying "I'm sorry if he felt that way" is different to saying 'sorry' to his face.

Fricking only the bestest in every positive way possible in your book (yes I read them when you was looking the other way :P )

Crap! -hopes he didn't see the photos- :lol:

Crap! -hopes he didn't see the photos- :lol:

I did! And for shame! Nothing nekkid at all.....

Seems to me that McLaren have stood still whilst Red Bull and Ferrari are clearly enjoying an upturn in performance. It's no coincidence that this upturn has happened whilst eyebrows are raisng up and down the pitlane regarding the moving front wings.

I couldn't agree more. From what I have seen, we could be looking at a composite akin to 'flubber' or some other 'wonder substance' that Newey came up with. Certainly, a composite innovation rather than a mechanical one.The car is flexing at speed but not in parc ferme. What is the point of the tests unless they are 'live'. NASA has test planes, the FIA need a test car. If RBR were fireproof on reliability and had a driver team like McLaren or Ferrari everyone would be looking towards 2011. They don't. Seb is still seriously immature, Webber is very edgy indeed and the car can be unstable. hence, the chase is still on.

Is Jenson over driving whilst trying to make up the difference? Is there something about Lewis's style that enables him to lean harder without the balance and tyre degradation issues that Jenson is suffering?

Yes and yes. Jense is sliding the car all over the place because it's designed around Hammy and can only be driven like that. Brawn made sure JB got nowhere near Woking until January and he is suffering a little from that. JB need the car to be on rails but he is definitely over-driving, yes.The word from Paffett and other sources close to Woking is that the 2011 car is very neutral in it's basic design and eminently adaptable. I think Lewis eats tyres but can drive very quickly on chewed ones.

As for leaving Jess at home, I disagree. I think we need an in depth interview with her with at least fourteen different camera angles.

You filthy beast!nono1.gif