Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS

2011 Rumour Mill

And that's a good thing, from a spectacle point of view?

That really depends on who you ask. Racing for times can be just as exciting as racing for position. Quite often my heart is beating faster at the end of Q3 then at any time during the race. Did you not love watching Webber put in fast lap after fast lap to clear Alonso when he pitted?

I like JHS sub descrip of the topic. Reminds me of a certain Rant thread I created. :whistling::roll: (just kidding James!)

Reading this topic turning into another Alonso slag-fest, I was going to rant. Massively.

I can't be ****ing arsed to point out the obvious anymore, so will continue to check the top post which is pretty brilliant by the way and hopefully find something else to concentrate on.

Wasn't Kubica rumoured to go to Ferrari?? He'd be a nice replacement for Massa if he doesn't perform!

Seeing as both Massa and Kubica have recently re-signed for their respectful teams, doubt it.

Mercedes, watch for Michael to leave and Vettel to move there. Michael is there to help Ross sort out the car and as a placeholder for Seb

Vettel won't go to Mercedes. I believe his contract goes to something like 2013, and I read somewhere there was a possibility for it to run till 2015. Red Bull won't let up Vettel without one hell of a fight, seeing as effectively, he's "their boy", having Red Bull backing way up from the junior formulae.

I do not know.

They might think Vettel or Webber or Kubica or Sutil or Chandhok would be better for Ferrari than Massa. Domenicali logic is beyond my understanding.

So, if it is beyond your understanding, let us deal with what we do understand. I understand that Massa has a contract for next year and that having him alongside Alonso makes a lot of sense for the reasons I have stated. There. What's wrong with Domenicali's logic?

That really depends on who you ask. Racing for times can be just as exciting as racing for position. Quite often my heart is beating faster at the end of Q3 then at any time during the race. Did you not love watching Webber put in fast lap after fast lap to clear Alonso when he pitted?

Indeedy. Reminded me(with sadness, in light of his antics on Sunday)of a certain German who, in 1998 at the very same track out foxed both seemingly superior McLarens by doing nineteen blistering consecutive laps to make a three stopper work and win the race.

Back to your point though; it will be a sad day when we accept without a fight the current aero regs which destroy the opportunity to follow and therefore pass another car more easily. I get a buzz every other sunday regardless, like you, but we still need to push for change.

So, if it is beyond your understanding, let us deal with what we do understand. I understand that Massa has a contract for next year and that having him alongside Alonso makes a lot of sense for the reasons I have stated. There. What's wrong with Domenicali's logic?

In this particular case nothing wrong with his logic.

My point is that it is nice to have contract and signed drivers, but enough money can buy you out of any contract.

Do you thing Massa would continue to drive Ferrari if someone would offer to double his income + pay any severance cost? In spite of contract signed he would change team as soon as possible.

Okay, can we at least acknowledge the difference in situation here? Massa is a perfect team player for Alonso and good enought to win on the days that the car is good enough and Alonso falls foul to whatever. Kimi was supposed to be what Alonso is now, but faded. He never would have played second fiddle to Alonso, who in turn would not have performed without being distracted if Kimi were there. Therefore, no brainer, Alonso in, Kimi out.

Not only that, but Massa has just been re-signed based on his current level of performance, not the expectation of something better. Bearing in mind his form has improved since his contract was extended, why on earth would Ferrari now drop him for Kubica? Has Bob escaped the attentions of Maranello because they have been too busy car switching? I don't think so. He's quite imposing, both with his on track performance and that f*cking huge nose.

Sorry, if that is the case (that Kimi should have been where Alonso is now) then why the f*ck were they 'training' Felipe, by using Michael Schumacher as his mentor?

Something doesn't make sense somewhere. But I agree, he's a good team player, but I am sick to the f*cking back teeth of team players.

These drivers need to grow some balls, stop the PR sh!t and race for themselves. End of story.

In this particular case nothing wrong with his logic.

My point is that it is nice to have contract and signed drivers, but enough money can buy you out of any contract.

Do you thing Massa would continue to drive Ferrari if someone would offer to double his income + pay any severance cost? In spite of contract signed he would change team as soon as possible.

I think he would want a great car, not more money, but I see your point.

Sorry, if that is the case (that Kimi should have been where Alonso is now) then why the f*ck were they 'training' Felipe, by using Michael Schumacher as his mentor?

Something doesn't make sense somewhere. But I agree, he's a good team player, but I am sick to the f*cking back teeth of team players.

These drivers need to grow some balls, stop the PR sh!t and race for themselves. End of story.

Michael and Felipe were and are good mates. Felipe was receptive to help and seemingly Michael was happy to offer it. Kimi was and is his own man. It doesn't mean Ferrari asked Michael to take Felipe under his wing and train him up to super stardom, does it?

On your second point, what's the point of big balls and no job?

Any1 linked with Stefan GP?? Lets not forget they'll be in F1 along with Mr. Happy, a friend of mine ironically calls him!

I think he would want a great car, not more money, but I see your point.

Michael and Felipe were and are good mates. Felipe was receptive to help and seemingly Michael was happy to offer it. Kimi was and is his own man. It doesn't mean Ferrari asked Michael to take Felipe under his wing and train him up to super stardom, does it?

On your second point, what's the point of big balls and no job?

Disagree.

All the claptrap going around saying Michael's going to help Felipe win the crown. Bollocks. You've got two drivers in a team. Kimi is his own man, but the preferential treatment was definitely slung Massa's way. Even after Raikkonen was champion. His 2008 season was dismal, compared to Mr HelpMeOut Massa. Massa had the best season of his career in 08. In 09. Back to dismal. This season, dismal.

Therefore Massa benefitted. You tell me Michael and Massa were friends and Michael just wanted to help. Not a chance in hell. Hired.

The point to the last bit of my post is of course they'd have jobs. Drivers should race as if they were not racing for a team. Like I said. The PR memorized bullsh!t answers needs to stop. They need to get behind the wheel and race.

Of course the drivers wouldn't lose their jobs. There's far too much emphasis on what the team say. Jeez even the drivers don't really have much to do. Its all done for them.

Bring back the days when a team built the car to suit the driver and let them do the work.

Any1 linked with Stefan GP?? Lets not forget they'll be in F1 along with Mr. Happy, a friend of mine ironically calls him!

They haven't even got an entry. I think they've given up now since they didn't get accepted first time around. They were aiming to use the '10 Toyota if they got in this season, but since they didn't, the tie-up with them ended.

Quick correction: Cypher withdrew their entry a while ago. They didn't want to embarrass the sport and the fans with another US F1 effort, and they realized they weren't going to be able to succeed. They will continue to work for future seasons, but 2011 is a no-go.

Prediction: 10 teams, Durango etc. are fantasies, VR and HRT go to the wall, VW come in as Audi and buy 50% of Sauber. Webber leaves RB with the WDC under his belt for Sauber/Audi, Nick gets a 1 year contract at Merc, Red Bull buy Kamui to keep Vettel honest, Glock brings the German influence to Audi. Karun get a drive he deserves and keeps Force India Indian and Ricciardo goes to finishing school.

Ferrari

Fernando Alonso

Felipe Massa

McLaren

Lewis Hamilton

Jenson Button

Mercedes

Nico Rosberg

Nick Heidfeld

Red Bull

Sebastian Vettel

Kamui Kobayashi

Renault

Robert Kubica

Vitaly Petrov

Sauber/Audi

Mark Webber

Timo Glock

Force India

Adrian Sutil

Karun Chandok

Williams

Rubens Barrichello

Nico Hulkenberg

Toro Rosso

Sebastien Buemi

Daniel Ricciardo

Lotus Racing

Jarno Trulli

Heikki Kovalainen

EDIT: Seniltyblush.gif

Prediction: 10 teams, Durango etc. are fantasies, VR and HRT go to the wall, VW come in as Audi and buy 50% of Sauber. Webber leaves RB with the WDC under his belt for Sauber/Audi, Nick gets a 1 year contract at Merc, Red Bull buy Kamui to keep Vettel honest, Glock brings the German influence to Audi. Karun get a drive he deserves and keeps Force India Indian and Ricciardo goes to finishing school.

I agree with you. It is much more likely Audi would buy Sauber then any of those failing teams. If Audi is coming in, of course.

EDIT: On the other hand VW has another brand suitable for racing - Porsche.

Disagree.

All the claptrap going around saying Michael's going to help Felipe win the crown. Bollocks. You've got two drivers in a team. Kimi is his own man, but the preferential treatment was definitely slung Massa's way. Even after Raikkonen was champion. His 2008 season was dismal, compared to Mr HelpMeOut Massa. Massa had the best season of his career in 08. In 09. Back to dismal. This season, dismal.

Therefore Massa benefitted. You tell me Michael and Massa were friends and Michael just wanted to help. Not a chance in hell. Hired.

The point to the last bit of my post is of course they'd have jobs. Drivers should race as if they were not racing for a team. Like I said. The PR memorized bullsh!t answers needs to stop. They need to get behind the wheel and race.

Of course the drivers wouldn't lose their jobs. There's far too much emphasis on what the team say. Jeez even the drivers don't really have much to do. Its all done for them.

Bring back the days when a team built the car to suit the driver and let them do the work.

Too much speculation, not enough proof.

Too much speculation, not enough proof.

I'm not speculating. I'm telling you how it is. And that may sound arrogant, you know me, thats not what I'm trying to be.

How can it be speculation when it was happening in front of us. Don't get me wrong, thats Schumacher's decision to agree to it. Everyone thought Kimi would bang massa to oblivion. Quite the contrary with the hired hand of Michael.

Failed to add, thats why now Alonso is Numero Uno. Ferrari failed with handing the crown to Massa.

I agree with you. It is much more likely Audi would buy Sauber then any of those failing teams. If Audi is coming in, of course.

EDIT: On the other hand VW has another brand suitable for racing - Porsche.

Porshce...never heard of them...

But seriously....Porsche has racing pedigree / marketing tie up / schmoozle blah blah already - just about every country in the world has a Porsche Carrera Cup...there is even a Porsche support race at most of the Euro F1 rounds. Nope, there's no point in taking Porsche to F1, even just in name. And no point to bring in Audi either. 4WD doesn't work on formula cars, and that's Audi's supposed point of difference. If VW came in, it would be VW, the cars would be white with a blue and red stripe, and one would be number 53.

Disagree.

So you had two thumbs up when Webber said "not bad for a number two", huh? Good to hear. His comment after Turkey was even better "a ****ing disaster"....ahhhh....bless his cotton socks....

Oh, and PS, Webber will move to Red Bull Racing in 2011....that's my prediction.

That, and, I have a feeling that the teams will run Pirelli tyres.

Hmmmm....

Porsche is facing a dark fuure as a part of the VW group. 3 CEOs in one year talk by itself. Porsche=new Alfa Romeo. If AUDI is VW rebadged Porsche will be an AUDI rebadged...

I don´t see VW in F1 in the near future...

Porshce...never heard of them...

But seriously....Porsche has racing pedigree / marketing tie up / schmoozle blah blah already - just about every country in the world has a Porsche Carrera Cup...there is even a Porsche support race at most of the Euro F1 rounds. Nope, there's no point in taking Porsche to F1, even just in name. And no point to bring in Audi either. 4WD doesn't work on formula cars, and that's Audi's supposed point of difference. If VW came in, it would be VW, the cars would be white with a blue and red stripe, and one would be number 53.

Herbie, in the hands of Julie Andrews can still lap Sakon Yamamoto on the HRT.

Twice.

Quick correction: Cypher withdrew their entry a while ago. They didn't want to embarrass the sport and the fans with another US F1 effort, and they realized they weren't going to be able to succeed. They will continue to work for future seasons, but 2011 is a no-go.

Ah, okay, thanks mate. Can always depend on you to give the latest updates on American F1 team's failiures. :P j/k

VW come in as Audi and buy 50% of Sauber.

I doubt that VWAG would go the way as a manufacturer entry, I believe they only wanted to supply engines to the sport from 2013 when the new engine regulations come in?

Herbie, in the hands of Julie Andrews can still lap Sakon Yamamoto on the HRT.

Twice.

:D

I doubt that VWAG would go the way as a manufacturer entry, I believe they only wanted to supply engines to the sport from 2013 when the new engine regulations come in?

Yep. No new suppliers until 2013. Joining now would be stupid.

So I guess we can expect Chevrolet in 2011. ;)

Seriously, my predictions for the 2011 grid...

McLaren

1. Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton, M.B.E.

2. Jenson Alexander Lyons Button, M.B.E.

Red Bull

3. Mark Alan Waaaaaahbber

4. Sebastian Useless Vettel (I don't forget my old nickname for him, and I feel vaguely right...the guy can't put a complete race together. I knew all along Liuzzi and Speed were better choices)! ;)

Ferrari

5. El Rey Fernando Alonso Díaz

6. Felipe Rubensbarrichello Massa, Jr.

Mercedes

7. Nico Keke Rosberg, W.A.G.

8. Michael H. Schumacher, M.D.

Renault

9. Robert Piotr Kubica

10. Ho-Pin Trustfund Tung

Force India

11. Adrian Sutil, B.A.M.F. and Nico's 2012 replacement

12. Paul di Resta Franchitti, Michael's 2012 replacement

Williams

14. The Rightful 7-Time World Driving Champion Rubens Barrichello, M.R.B.F.C.

15. Nicolas Umlaut Hülkenberg

Toro Rosso

16. Sébastien Olivier Buemi, (thankfully) not Bourdais

17. Jaime Víctor Alguersuari Escudero

Lotus

18. Heikki Johannes Kovalainen

19. Prince Jarno Trulli, N.M.B.E.

Virgin, who are ranked below HRT in the WCC and if it weren't for their pretty logos would be the laughingstock of F1

20. Timo Conway Glock

21. Vitaly Aleksandrovich Petrovsky, Communist

Outside looking in:

1. Sauber F1 after Parris Mullins and Chad Hurley failed to buy them

2. Hispania Racing Team after not getting the Toyota TF110, VWAG buyout, and/or Ferrari engines

3. The Kamui Kobayashi after being the worst-funded pay driver yet most talented

4. Vitantonio Taxcheat Liuzzi after learning contracts don't mean sh*t when your teammate beats you despite having the extreme disadvantage of not being heterosexual

5. Pedro Martínez de la Rosa after knowing he was out since he first started

6. Bruno Senna Lalli Earnhardt, Jr. after being miserable

7. Karun Slower-than-Hildebrand-on-the-Force-India-simulator Chandhok after being miserable (sorry, finishing P13 by retiring after 90% of the race is completed and qualifying ∞ seconds off the week doesn't make you worthy of anything that isn't the IRL)

8. D.J. Sakon Yamamoto who, as someone once said, for a D.J., he's a damned good...D.J.

9. The nicest person in auto racing Simona de Silvestro, who, while talented, just isn't quite at F1 level in funding and the results aren't there despite the pace. And she's too nice and has no ego so she'd never succeed.

10. Sergio Pérez Mendoza, because Carlos Slim still isn't buying an F1 team for the tenth year in a row.

2. Jenson Alexander Lyons Button, M.B.E.

Damned right, bitches. Add WDC and OMGBBQSTFU KTHX to the mix and we're halfway there.

Epic post, Eric. But you forgot;

1a. Cheyenne Stephanie Clark (aka Miss Wolverine), Ph. D (as of next year and don't EVER call me by my first name) - able to drive without risk as now made of metal, so can drive along walls and up Heikki's car's rear end without repercussions.

Damned right, bitches. Add WDC and OMGBBQSTFU KTHX to the mix and we're halfway there.

Epic post, Eric. But you forgot;

1a. Cheyenne Stephanie Clark (aka Miss Wolverine), Ph. D (as of next year and don't EVER call me by my first name) - able to drive without risk as now made of metal, so can drive along walls and up Heikki's car's rear end without repercussions.

Dr. Cheyenne Clark? That's got to be a pseudonym. Who are you and what have you done with the sweet and lovely Kopite Girl?