Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS

2011 Rumour Mill

Yeah, I doubt Simona will have an easy time finding a deal that works for her (committed to racing, and nothing more) and for the team (committed to money and then racing), whichever teams are offering (it was plural). At the end of the day, I think she'll end up as a fine IndyCar driver, eventually moving up to a better team, winning races and such as she did in Atlantics. And I think that's right; I'd love to have a driver I could actually support in F1, but it's for the best that she stay in an environment where she can be successful yet still have fun (there's no denying she works hard; she does...but she has a positive attitude and is allegedly a pleasure to work with) without high pressure and such. It's nice to know team owners are looking at North America, of course, but I too doubt it will lead to anything. Too much can go wrong. I can see the once-plucky, once-cheerful, once-friendly Simona coming back from a go at F1 a bit broken. Racing in F1 just seems like a miserable experience, really, and I imagine doubly so when the press over-hype her for not having a penis.

Danica...Bernie just says that to keep generating hype. He knows it's not happening, she knows it isn't, we know it isn't. Danica hasn't said she's interested, and doesn't expect to get a drive anywhere. She's decided to go to NASCAR, and that's really that. Every time F1 comes up, she says she has no interest, and I don't think anyone's ever had serious interest in her (even US F1 were just throwing out the name to generate hype; they never contacted her). No one will give Danica a seat, and Danica won't be taking any, so no need to worry about her. She'll make a career out of trashy GoDaddy.com ads and finish 35th in stock car races on the side.

Sauber, then...Pérez is rumored, so is Maldonado. Both have funding, and Maldonado has the Nicolas Todt factor (Todt brought Massa to Sauber, and they do have Ferrari engines again). We'll see who gets it.

Yeah, I doubt Simona will have an easy time finding a deal that works for her (committed to racing, and nothing more) and for the team (committed to money and then racing), whichever teams are offering (it was plural). At the end of the day, I think she'll end up as a fine IndyCar driver, eventually moving up to a better team, winning races and such as she did in Atlantics. And I think that's right; I'd love to have a driver I could actually support in F1, but it's for the best that she stay in an environment where she can be successful yet still have fun (there's no denying she works hard; she does...but she has a positive attitude and is allegedly a pleasure to work with) without high pressure and such. It's nice to know team owners are looking at North America, of course, but I too doubt it will lead to anything. Too much can go wrong. I can see the once-plucky, once-cheerful, once-friendly Simona coming back from a go at F1 a bit broken. Racing in F1 just seems like a miserable experience, really, and I imagine doubly so when the press over-hype her for not having a penis.

Danica...Bernie just says that to keep generating hype. He knows it's not happening, she knows it isn't, we know it isn't. Danica hasn't said she's interested, and doesn't expect to get a drive anywhere. She's decided to go to NASCAR, and that's really that. Every time F1 comes up, she says she has no interest, and I don't think anyone's ever had serious interest in her (even US F1 were just throwing out the name to generate hype; they never contacted her). No one will give Danica a seat, and Danica won't be taking any, so no need to worry about her. She'll make a career out of trashy GoDaddy.com ads and finish 35th in stock car races on the side.

Sauber, then...Pérez is rumored, so is Maldonado. Both have funding, and Maldonado has the Nicolas Todt factor (Todt brought Massa to Sauber, and they do have Ferrari engines again). We'll see who gets it.

Yeah, I mean, I too would love to see a female driver in Formula One too. It's been too long since the last one. But I think, other than the novelty factor for the first few races, or even the first season, she may indeed get ripped to shreds by the press if she didn't deliever.

One thing does put me off about having a female driver in the sport though, being the novelty factor. As I've said previously, drivers should be judged based on their on-track performances, not their gender. Doubtless she'd get fans who'd probably defend her performances and use "she's doing well for a woman" card. Not only is that offensive, it's wrong too. If you are really talented, you can win no matter what your race/age/gender/size/marital status is. Judge female drivers as a driver. Therefore compare them with the other drivers they are up against.

Yeah, I wasn't really saying she doesn't work hard, I'm sure she does, as proven with where she is today. It was more directed at the likes of Danica. I know she hasn't said anything about being interested, I was jsut sort of saying that if she through a "Yeah, I'd be interested" comment out there, I have no doubt she'd get a lot of offers from teams, despite her pretty pathetic results as of late. The fact that she could probably find a seat just like that over another driver working super hard to find funding, etc, etc, just sort of annoys me really.

As for the Perez/Maldonado situation, I see it as another occasion where the runner up in GP2 (namely Perez) will probably find a seat sooner than the champion. It's only Perez's second season in GP2, whilst it is Maldonado's fourth, not counting the Asia championships. I see it that that if Telmex really does sponsor Sauber next year (and Peter has dropped a few hints they may) I think, that maybe, nationality will have a part of it and Perez will get the drive over Maldonado. I think Maldonado may have a good chance of landing somewhere else though, perhaps Epsilon Euskadi as they see odds on favourites to get the slot, Maldonado is well funded too, and Epsilon will probably need all the funding they can get.

I couldn't care less if there are or are not female drivers; I just am a fan of Simona's, so I want to see her specifically there.

The biggest problem with the "novelty factor" is that that's exactly what Simona doesn't want. She's has to say so many times how "we all look the same with the helmet on," and how being the best rookie means more to her than being better than the other women, etc, etc. That's why I don't think Simona will even go; F1 is her dream, but she knows there will be a lot of pressure in F1 to embrace the role of "woman driver," and she has no interest in that. She's just a racer, nothing more. No modeling career on the side, no concern about getting young girls interested in the sport, etc, etc. She just races, and she just wants to race, and I do fear that FOM wouldn't let her. They'd exploit it; and it's fine to exploit it with Danica because Danica voluntarily puts herself there, but Simona's most uncomfortable with people who think she's attractive, or think she's "good for a woman," or let gender get involved in her racing in any way. I fear that that would break Simona down, and I don't see her on the north end of the grid, as much as I think she's talented. The equipment she'd be with, the big adjustment, and the level that the F1 drivers are on compared to the IndyCar drivers would just make it so hard to envision her scoring points. Hell, Hülkenberg's finding it hard to do that with an upper-midfield team.

Pérez and Maldonado...funding will play the role. Telmex may be bigger than PDVSA, but that doesn't mean they will commit more money. Sauber's just suggested that there will be "more color" on the car; that could mean either. Telmex blue...PDVSA red (though their IndyCar used to be black and green). Ultimately, I expect both to buy a seat on the grid, and neither to be all that good. I don't find this year in GP2 to be a particularly deep field. It reminds me of the Pantano/Senna year. Neither driver is bad, one is more experienced than the other and therefore comes out on top, but I'm just not sure they're as good as their results make them seem. GP2, I feel, has not been great for preparing drivers, either (the testing ban hurts, of course). It's the best development series of them all, sure, but a lot of the graduates have just not taken to F1. I hope that next years' GP2 car, with its similarities to the HRT of 2010, will help give drivers a better feel for F1.

As for Renault...Glock would be an underwhelming choice. Petrov is worth another go, but I would have to consider Sutil if he wants to go there...he does pay for his seat at Force India, and he's done very well. Petrov, of course, brings more funding than Sutil, and has had a much better rookie season than Sutil's, so I'd probably agree and say keep the commie.

Pérez and Maldonado...funding will play the role. Telmex may be bigger than PDVSA, but that doesn't mean they will commit more money. Sauber's just suggested that there will be "more color" on the car; that could mean either. Telmex blue...PDVSA red (though their IndyCar used to be black and green). Ultimately, I expect both to buy a seat on the grid, and neither to be all that good. I don't find this year in GP2 to be a particularly deep field. It reminds me of the Pantano/Senna year. Neither driver is bad, one is more experienced than the other and therefore comes out on top, but I'm just not sure they're as good as their results make them seem. GP2, I feel, has not been great for preparing drivers, either (the testing ban hurts, of course). It's the best development series of them all, sure, but a lot of the graduates have just not taken to F1. I hope that next years' GP2 car, with its similarities to the HRT of 2010, will help give drivers a better feel for F1.

I have to disagree on both those points really. I think Perez could be a future talent for sure, some of his performances in GP2 have been excellent, considering that GP2 is a spec championship too. Maldonado, I'm not too sure on, he's good, but, I just don't think he's as good as Perez currently, even though the point suggest that he is.

Of course the depth of field isn't going to be too deep in something like GP2. It's lots of young guys coming up through the ranks, some with very little experience. Sure, some arn't going to be that great to start with, but GP2 acts as a learning curve. if anything, I'd say there's been more hits from GP2 than failiures. Kovalainen, Rosberg, Hamilton and Glock have all proved to be good F1 drivers so far in their career, heck, even the likes of Buemi is doing alright too, and Senna, di Grassi and Chandhok even though they are in dog-awful cars, they have put in so okay performances too, considering the machinery they have.

Look at the Grosjean/Kobayashi thing too. Everyone thought that Grosjean was the real star for the future, but failed miserably really. Kobayashi didn't look too strong, but took to F1 like a duck to water in those last races regardless of how strong the Toyota was and blah blah blah. He's also put some really strong performances in for Sauber too, so far, now he seems to have adjusted to the new team and the car seems to be slowly getting sorted out and more on the pace.

As for Pantano, I think he just missed the F1 boat really. Spent too long in GP2 and was relatively old when he won the championship. I believe though, had someone given him a chance, he'd have put in some decent performances.

So really, I can only think of Grosjean who came out of GP2 and DIDN'T impress. GP2 has got a higher rate of getting drivers into F1 than any other junior series currently competing against it. Maybe that's something to do with it being on the F1 circuit, but it also surely has something to do with it being a good training ground.

Pantano was in F1 before he was in GP2.................................................

You taking the p**s? Or you being serious?

If you're being serious, it stands for "mother i'd like to ****".

If you're taking the p**s, then, ha ha, bully for you, you suckered me in :P

I really didn't know what it meant. Sorry for the OT. Back to topic ::-D

I don't really see that there's a place for her at Sauber. Right now it looks pretty strong that Perez will be there next year, and they seem keen to retain Kobayashi.

For all her talent, I just don't see where she'd fit in on the grid right now. But, with all the things the Bernster has been saying lately how Danica would be great for F1, it seems someone in the sport, somewhere, is keen to get a female driver in.

I find it a bit silly that the likes of Danica could be able to say she's interested and easily get a drive somewhere. It shouldn't matter about the gender of a driver. If a driver's good, they are good. Right now, even in Indycar, Danica isn't so good. It'd just be silly in my opinion, to give her a seat over some really talented guys out there below F1 looking for a break in the big time.

Why do you say Danica isn't so good? What is that based on? She's been racing in Indy for 6 years and she's finished in the top ten 4 of those years, racking up a win, three podiums and pole positions and a bunch of good points-paying positions. She's a solid driver with more than enough talent. But go on, give me a good reason to back up what you've written.

Also, I find all this Simona-love puzzling. She looks pretty average on paper and when I saw her race at Long Beach she looked worse than average. Of course she hasn't done any photo shoots so she must be a better driver than Danica, right?

Why do you say Danica isn't so good? What is that based on? She's been racing in Indy for 6 years and she's finished in the top ten 4 of those years, racking up a win, three podiums and pole positions and a bunch of good points-paying positions. She's a solid driver with more than enough talent. But go on, give me a good reason to back up what you've written.

Also, I find all this Simona-love puzzling. She looks pretty average on paper and when I saw her race at Long Beach she looked worse than average. Of course she hasn't done any photo shoots so she must be a better driver than Danica, right?

1 win in 6 years? Wow! Simply she has a really lousy record on street tracks. Her last performances:

2009 St Pete: 19th

2009 Long Beach: 4th

2009 Glen: 11th

2009 Toronto: 6th

2009 Edmonton: 11th

2009 Mid-Ohio: 19th

2009 Sears Point: 16th

2010 São Paulo: 15th

2010 St Pete: 7th

2010 Barber: 19th

2010 Long Beach: 16th

2010 Glen: 20th

2010 Toronto: 6th

2010 Edmonton: 15th

2010 Mid-Ohio: 21st

I see no result that stand out there, all average or below. For all the plaudits she gets showered in, is there anything their to suggest she's anything but an average driver in an average series? No. As Eric said earlier, "results pay". Nothing there suggests to me she deserves a ride over some young kid who's been working super-hard to get funding to which his dream, just because of the gender-factor.

I certainly don't see what the fuss is about. There are considerably much better drivers waiting to get a chance than Danica. Sure, they may not create such a media frenzy as Danica almost certainly would, but give me a good driver over one who'd simply get attention for (as Eric says) a driver with no penis.

You could say the same for Button though.

Look who's defending his title pretty much alright this year.

She'll be a champion. When she does, it will all come together for her.

Danica's never had it. She's never won anything in any series until that one race. She's just not good on road and street courses. Finishing top ten in the IRL...is not an accomplishment. Not with her equipment and not with her competition. Her best year on roadies? 2007. Funnily enough, she was the only car with power steering that year "testing it for the IRL."

Simona, well, I do think a lot of people are overrating her (probably myself) on the basis she's just so damned nice and has such a great attitude, but the talent's there. She's won five races in Atlantics over three seasons, and she's showed a lot of talent in many races (her debut, in Brazil, leading at a point and running fifth when at tire failure ended her day; Toronto, her first top ten; Edmonton, where she was running sixth when E.J. Viso punted her; and Mid-Ohio, where a good run finally meant a good result, hounding the Penske of Ryan Briscoe all day to get P8). Consider that, while those aren't great performances, she's a rookie in the oldest (and therefore heaviest) chassis out there, and the P8 came on a day when their telemetry failed and they had to do it old school. There's a lot of potential there for her as a racer, not just as a woman racer. The team have been absolutely amazed with her feedback, style, and demeanor.

Is she F1 material yet? Naah. Will she ever be? Not sure. But I do think she'll develop into a damned fine IndyCar driver with a nice record, one that's good among all racers, not just the girls.

At the end of the day, anyone with a Super License can race, and if any of them get one, and a ride, good for them. We don't need females just to have females; we do need talented racers, female or male. And we don't need just one female if there are multiple who can cut it. At the moment, I've yet to see one out there currently, but who knows? :)

You could say the same for Button though.

Look who's defending his title pretty much alright this year.

She'll be a champion. When she does, it will all come together for her.

The problem with that theory...2011 is likely Danica's last year in IndyCar. If she doesn't do it then, she'll never do it. She's racing half a season in NASCAR's second-tier Nationwide Series, and that's a big distraction from her IRL efforts this year (it shows), as she has twice the media commitments and has to go in and out between methods of racing (it's a huge difference; Franchitti, Hornish, etc. have all failed). In 2011, she'll be doing the same. In 2012, she'll be in NASCAR full-time, and, sorry to be a downer, she doesn't have a chance in hell to win a single NASCAR race, let alone the title. There are just too many damned good and more experienced drivers in cars she's totally unfamiliar with. Franchitti, Hornish, Allmendinger...all had better records, all struggled (or failed) in NASCAR.

Anyway, this is all discussion for a thread that isn't this one, since I don't see either in F1 in 2011, unless Simona gets an offer to be a reserve and run GP2/WSR/GP3/Superleage/something. That would be most logical for all involved; Simona gets to experience working in F1, team gets to evaluate her ability in European racing, and if it doesn't work out, well, Simona still has valuable experience that will only help her upon returning to IndyCar. It's too nice of a deal that it will never happen. :P

Epic post. That shut me up. Don't mind admitting defeat when a post is well thought and documented. Good reading, Eric, cheers dude.

I do agree, it shouldn't make a difference if you're male or female.

But from a female POV, to make it in a man's world, consciously or subconsciously most males will compromise or exploit the situation. The female herself will compromise herself by thinking 'right, this is a boys club and I'm the only girl.' - I've done it myself numerous times. Danica is stunning. She's faster than most women and men. I think she models to remember her feminine side. I've worked in male dominated environments, hell, I went to an all boys school. I LOVE my sport, I play pool and most of my friends are male. But when I'm glamming it up for a night out, with Larissa, I feel very feminine, my softer side shows, I flirt, and Yeah - I look stunning. I've never lost sight of the fact I'm all woman, but its nice to be girly sometimes. Just as you guys probably cook, clean, play with your kids, help your mothers, go shopping, iron, washing, watch chick flicks with your wife\girl. Then freedom! Beer, friends, hunting, fixing the car, watching the game, poker, remote control cars, ride your motorcycle, watch porn, etc.

Unfortunately, a woman in a mans world has to work ten times harder, just as a man in a womans world (example, fashion. Most females assume fashionista brothers are gay. Not always true. And childcare. Would you rather prefer a man or woman looking after your kids?)

Strange. But digressing, I understand why Danica models, and uses the female card.

This thread should have thirty billion new posts per day in it.

Yet the only rumors are about which pay driver Sauber gets and which one goes to HRT ([u][i][b]NOT[/b][/i][/u] the lowest ranked team in the WCC, but it would be too fair to acknowledge the fact that they, within the FIA regulations, have been better than the pretty little Virgin) or Virgin (the lowest ranked team in the WCC; take the lipstick off the pitbull: it's Manor Motorsport and they're sh*t) or another year in GP2.

The only players really are Sutil and Petrov. Both get good deals out of staying where they are, so if the teams want them...

Sutil needs patience, though. He wants to "take the next step," but going to Renault might not be that. Kubica's the focus and rightfully so; Sutil's not that caliber. He, like Massa, can spend years in the sport and finally get it together, but in terms of juicy, raw ability, Kubica's effortlessly stealing his lunch money. If Sutil does another year as a German in a Mercedes-engined car, well, chances are Rosberg or Schumacher or both get canned at the end of 2011. And for a guy who took years to learn the sport, he's suddenly in a great place.

And seeing Petrov relegated to the freaking Virgin would not be a shame. I think he's actually good, and probably a relative of [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMGlQvPBQE0"]this man[/url]. They look way too similar to be anything but...but then again, in Soviet Russia...oh **** it, those are never funny. They lit a fire (fire lights you! There, I did it.) under his a## by convincing the FIA to grant Ho-Pin Tung a license under the condition they'd never actually let him use it, and Petrovsky's doing what he often looked like he might be able to do.

Shame there won't be much change at the top, then. It means less posts during breaks, and less silly speculation all off-season long, meaning only four users post per day like we're seeing now. I'm the only one who posts here daily anymore (and I'm prone to taking months off at a time anyway), which is probably down to having nothing else to do, but I'll pretend I'm doing an honorable service to the forum. ;)

Yes, Eric, you can have this month's medal for "super duper yay yay most excellent non bogus poster"

............Sutil needs patience, though. He wants to "take the next step," but going to Renault might not be that. Kubica's the focus and rightfully so; Sutil's not that caliber. He, like Massa, can spend years in the sport and finally get it together, but in terms of juicy, raw ability, Kubica's effortlessly stealing his lunch money. If Sutil does another year as a German in a Mercedes-engined car, well, chances are Rosberg or Schumacher or both get canned at the end of 2011. And for a guy who took years to learn the sport, he's suddenly in a great place............

Sutil is a strange one, capable of stringing together a good race or two, some stunning lap times on occasion, but imo he's been too erratic, involved in too many accidents (which, when you're mid - to - back of the field it's a real test) - I think your comparison with Massa is a good one Eric, but I just can't see him breaking into one of the top drives.

Yes, Eric, you can have this month's medal for "super duper yay yay most excellent non bogus poster"

I am honored. I can now disappear for the next two months without posting.

Sutil is a strange one, capable of stringing together a good race or two, some stunning lap times on occasion, but imo he's been too erratic, involved in too many accidents (which, when you're mid - to - back of the field it's a real test) - I think your comparison with Massa is a good one Eric, but I just can't see him breaking into one of the top drives.

True, but I'd take a gamble on him over Rosberg, who really does nothing for me. Then again, taking gambles on drivers isn't something we see too frequently; everyone's taking the safe choices, else someone above Renault would have snatched Kubica (don't like the guy, but damn he's good) and Kobayashi would be a bigger player in the drivers' market.

Yet the only rumors are about which pay driver Sauber gets and which one goes to HRT (NOT the lowest ranked team in the WCC, but it would be too fair to acknowledge the fact that they, within the FIA regulations, have been better than the pretty little Virgin) or Virgin (the lowest ranked team in the WCC; take the lipstick off the pitbull: it's Manor Motorsport and they're sh*t) or another year in GP2.

I guess that could be due to Alphabetical order. Why Lotus is therefore above HRT I have no idea. Perhaps F1 doesn't want to be associated with Virgin/HRT at all, so them not being on the first page of the points means they don't exist in Bernie's mind.

As for recent news, the "Glock to Renault" thing refuses to go away. Seems like Esteban Guerrieri is being lined up as a possible replacement. Andres will be pleased! :P

Confirmed - Likely - Rumored - LOL

McLaren

Sir Lewis Hamilton (because of his 2008, 2010, and 2011 WDCs)

Sir Jenson Button (because of his 2009 WDC)

Red Bull

Mark Webber (because he's not bad for having the best damned chassis on the grid)

Sebastian Vettel (because he's just a little kid...and has been for the last four seasons)

Ferrari

Fernando Alonso (because of Santander)

Felipe Massa (because no one else wanted him)

Mercedes

Nico Rosberg (because of sponsor relations; he uses Petronas Syntium to slick his hair)

Michael Schumacher (because Eddie Jordan said he wouldn't)

Renault

Robert Kubica (because he's better than Kimi)

Vitaly Petrov (because his GDP is greater than Mother Russia's)

Adrian Sutil (because he's the best driver on the grid)

Timo Glock (because he has no money and few results)

Kimi Räikkönen (because...I don't know why, actually)

Ho-Pin Tung (because is Great Chairman is Sacred Racing Horse)

Force India

Vitantonio Liuzzi (because Force India accidentally signed a driver who was good for one race to do 44 of them)

Adrian Sutil (because the team actually want to score points)

Paul di Resta (because he's many tenths off of Liuzzi's practice pace)

Karun Chandhok (because he was slower than Jani and Hildebrand in their simulator last winter)

Williams

Rubens Barrichello (because he is the winningest driver in F1 history)

Nico Hülkenberg (because in Soviet Russia, GP2 is a good development series)

Sauber

Kamui Kobayashi (because he has three nuts)

Nick Heidfeld (because he's as dull as Sauber's livery)

Sergio Pérez (because Carlos Slim already bought Minardi, Jaguar, Jordan, Super Aguri, Honda, Brawn, HRT, and the thirteenth spot for 2012)

Pastor Maldonado (because Vitaly needs a competitor in the Communist Cup)

Scuderia Toro Rosso

Sébastien Buemi (because he's solid)

Jaime Alguersuari (because he's solid, too)

Daniel Ricciardo (because bringing drivers up before they are ready is cool)

Karun Chandhok (because Red Bull love and miss him)

Others (because they keep saying STR is for sale)

Lotus Racing

Heikki Kovalainen (because Renault love him)

Jarno Trulli (because Renault don't love him)

Vitaly Petrov (because Renault can't deny his inevitability)

Jérôme d'Ambrosio (because Renault manage him)

Ho-Pin Tung (because Lotus don't want to get better)

Mikhail Aleshin (because he thinks he'll be the first WSR champion to actually stay with Renault)

Hispania Racing Team

Bruno Senna (no)

Sakon Yamamoto (no)

Karun Chandhok (no)

Christian Klien (no)

Pastor Maldonado (no)

Kazuki Nakajima (no)

Kimi Räikkönen (no)

Jos Verstappen (maybe)

Jacques Villeneuve (because he thinks he'll buy the team)

Virgin Racing

Timo Glock (because he thought it was a good idea at the time)

Lucas di Grassi (because his money's run out faster than his lap times)

Jérôme d'Ambrosio (because the Internet said so)

Others (because they say the team may be for sale)

I think Alonso and Webber should be made to drive for HRT for a year as punishment for their constant whining, then they would realise how privileged they both are :D

Mind you, Lewis Hamiton moaned a lot in the last few races. "I haven't got any grip. My tyres aren't working. My F-duct isn't working. Is my front wing damaged? Why is he so far ahead? WAAAAAAAAAH!".

I don't think there will be much change now tbh. I hear Liuzzi and Petrov are likely to stay at their respective seats. Hulkenberg to either HRT or Mercedes reserve. The second Williams seat? Sadly, most likely Pastor "money" Maldonado.

I feel sorry for Heidfeld. Jumping in cold to an unfamiliar car, he's done a great job. Maybe he's got a chance of Williams?

I feel sorry for Heidfeld. Jumping in cold to an unfamiliar car, he's done a great job. Maybe he's got a chance of Williams?

just curious in what way you think he did a great job.

to me he's always seemed over rated. he only missed half a season and was outpaced for the rest of it by a rookie.

de la rosa had been without a race seat for several years and was just as good as heidfeld.

Mind you, Lewis Hamiton moaned a lot in the last few races. "I haven't got any grip. My tyres aren't working. My F-duct isn't working. Is my front wing damaged? Why is he so far ahead? WAAAAAAAAAH!".

I know so annoying, him & button! They should just get on with their job the pair of bitches!

I know so annoying, him & button! They should just get on with their job the pair of bitches!

The difference is, whilst Lewis might complain that his ratchet isn't working properly, he's more than happy to pick it up with his bare hands on a frosty morning. The other drivers would want theirs pre-warmed.

*typo - my hands were cold.

just curious in what way you think he did a great job.

to me he's always seemed over rated. he only missed half a season and was outpaced for the rest of it by a rookie.

de la rosa had been without a race seat for several years and was just as good as heidfeld.

It's not just about what he's done this year, but previous years too. In BMW he was there or there abouts on Kubica's pace who's so highly regarded to be a future 100000000000000000000000000000000000000 times world champion.

Sure, Kubica's good, but I don't see how he's a million times better than Heidfeld.

People seem to forget too, that even though Kubica won a race, Heidfeld actually moved over to allow Kubica to win. Another example of a team order that was never picked up.