Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Milionis Leonidas

NURBURGRING

I hope this to be another fashinating race with even less early retirements and even more competition for the podium.

I think MS has an edge over DC for this weekend if nowhere else then in psycology, after the statements of Mika.

The problem for MS, and that's what makes it interesting, is that everyone on the top, DC, Mika, Ralf, likes this and hopes for the 1st place.

My opinion is that it will be hard for Williams, but never say never.

It will be a good weekend for McLaren with two drivers fighting for the top.

It will most probably end up with MS on the 1st(or 2nd) place, unless he encounters a car failure. He has been quite lucky anyway on the last two races, and most probably it's his turn not to finish.

I'm saying this considering the finishing/retirements factor of the other top drivers.

Of course DC is not counted for using magic (Scotish witchcraft).

The only Scottish witchcraft I know about comes in a bottle labelled Johhny Walker Black Label & it certainly does not enhance performance, just the opposite, in fact.

First practice in a few hours time should begin to give us some idea of likely events.

The course being what it is should not be too hard on engines so the BMWs might hang together long enough for a podium.

I saw Ralfs comments re his brother yesterday. Verrrrry interesting!

Go Ralfie.

Hey Millie.

Can we pick 'em or what?

MS 1, JPM 2(well it was a Williams even if it was the wrong driver) DC 3.

Shame about the stop/ go for RS otherwise I think the result would have been RS, MS, JPM. Just love that BMW engine.

Talking of stop/go. I think that the 10 second stop is far too harsh. In most other race formats this has been reduced to a straight stop/go with no pause.

What do you all think?

Go ralfie.

I must admit that Williams were amazing.

What happened to Ralf was indeed too harsh, and I believe that maybe they should just fine him. As for the 10'' I think your idea is quite good, since the later years 10'' in the pits are almost as good as a black flag.

Most probably Ralf would win the race if it wasn't for the penalty but I would not bet on it. Ferrari had already been beaten this way once and I believe that they had some aces in their sleeves this time, but who can really say?

Anyway, have you seen any McLaren around?

He doesn't deserve a victory, with his performance, yet.

Remember that the two times that he managed to finish was because he drove a race without a single fight. The fact that he finished 2nd was because, as it seems Williams at 'cruise speed' are faster than more teams.

He was lucky, but who can say that he won't be lucky enough to win a race like this?

Certainly if he comes to terms with the sport and starts driving more like a professional he will win a race or two.

He has the car to do it, he still lacks the wisdom, though.