Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adnam

Team'S Engine Usage

Now that we are getting down to the business end of the season, how can you find out the usage of engine per drivers. I know that some teams were struggling towards the end of last year and I wonder if this will be a factor this year?

Now that we are getting down to the business end of the season, how can you find out the usage of engine per drivers. I know that some teams were struggling towards the end of last year and I wonder if this will be a factor this year?

Page 1

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1_media/Documents/hun-race-report.pdf

Also after any race here you click on Technical Report to get it

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1_media/Pages/post_event.aspx

Talking about engine usage, how about Suzuki's being granted an extra 3 engines to complete the remainder of the season. Do you think it's fair and do you think we would ever see such leniency in F1?

I personally think its wrong; Suzuki should be made to play by the rules like every other team. But such is the measures that MotoGP will go to in order to keep them from pulling out altogether. I don't think that the FIA would ever allow such a dispensation in F1 and neither should they, if you can't complete at that level you just shouldn't be there, plain and simple.

But in F1 you can use more than the 8 engines for the season (or whatever number it is this week)...it's just that you get a ten spot grid penalty after qualifying if you go over the alotment

But in F1 you can use more than the 8 engines for the season (or whatever number it is this week)...it's just that you get a ten spot grid penalty after qualifying if you go over the alotment

Yes that's correct, and the same sort of thing in MotoGP but instead of a 10 place grid drop, you have to start in the pitlane 10 seconds after the rest of the field has started the GP. Now with the special dispensation Suzuki has been given they will / should avoid any such penalty for the remaining races of the season. Not an even playing ground in my opinion.

It's off topic of F1 but thought it still might have been worth a mention in this thread :D

Well, it isn't very fair play, but it's a rather non-controversial issue, because Suzuki haven't been doing very well, and it's good to have more teams on the grid. Plus, it's the first year with engine restrictions and the guys from FOM reserved themselves the possibility of adapting the rule to how the season goes. They should find a way to make peace with the other teams though.

Yes that's correct, and the same sort of thing in MotoGP but instead of a 10 place grid drop, you have to start in the pitlane 10 seconds after the rest of the field has started the GP. Now with the special dispensation Suzuki has been given they will / should avoid any such penalty for the remaining races of the season. Not an even playing ground in my opinion.

It's off topic of F1 but thought it still might have been worth a mention in this thread :D

Yeah, well I was being smart earlier on about double four valves, so, touche...too shay...2 shae...touchy.... :P