Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taku

sato-reubens

sato was  

1. 1. sato was

• showing he's a fearless racer
    • racing
    • impatient
    • optimistic
    • reckless

i think sato was a bit optimistic, but as gascoyne said on the commentary, his window of opportunity was in the first few laps when the tyres were fresh, and sato was aware of this. he showed the spirit of a true racer and the bar team in general, who now look like a team that wants to maximise the available points at every gp.

its a shame, cos if he went the soft option he would be standing on the podium. but as it turns out his engine may have expired anyway, so in hindsight it appears it was worth the go..

what do you all think?

Hello all .

Sato has all of a sudden gotten a great competative car and lets just say that he has comfortably fit into its set up and i beleive he now is very excited and feels invincable .

This being the case , i think he thought he could do it but he was definately wrong .

Its a case of giving a P plater a WRX and letting him go out into the real world .

It may sound like im bagging him but im not , he has done very well in the last few races and it wont be long till he gets a podium finish but it was a bit of a foolish move tonight .

At least he had the balls to give it a try and make a pass. How many other drivers would have just sat there and taken the third? But, he needed to be a touch closer to pull it off, so I say he was a bit optimistic.

I went with impatient. He would of got him next lap easily.

I saw it and as soon as i saw it i though oh crap. He pulled one of these of on DC in bahrain which was probly in his mind, so he thought that RB would see him, but he did make the move alil late and from a few metres to far back. AHH im so disapointed, Sato grows on me with each race. And after qualifying i was very hopeful of a podium and during the race i was thinking he was gonna get 2nd. then when he came out behind him i thought ooh noooooooo, and i sunk in my chair, then i saw he had more pace still and was once again on the edge hoping he could amke the move.

Oh well im sure he will learn from it, i mean it was really the first time hes been up there with the big boys all race, and he was Fantastic until that point. Im pumped for canada where i hope he can go for the podium again.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

8) He's got balls but he needs to learn when to use them properly as he had RB for 2nd. I was suprised as to his start, thought he'd get off the mark better, Jenson must be down a little as Taku has outpaced him, the boys on fleet street will roast him I'm sure. :wink:

I LOVE this guy's work!

FANTASTIC result by the Fabulous Takuma Sato (possibly the GREATEST Grand Prix driver of the Modern era!).

Going Hard into RB when he knew the engine was going to explode anyway!

His 'never say die' attitude should be an object lesson to all those other hapless jokes that are only out for a Sunday drive.

Without a doubt F1's GREATEST Entertainer!

BANZAI, SATO! : :D

Sato did himself no help here with that attempt on Rubens, I do not know what to think ..maybe he was told to , "Go for it" as a crash would knock out Rubens and 2nd goes to BuTTon .

Sato best not do that again as I think a worse result will come out from it ...another RALF manuever in my books ,just like last race bump and grind hit and then the engine puff of smoke laters.

Sato San from the Land of the Rising Smoke ! Still holds Crash -Meister title.

I'd say it was none of the above, it was just plain dumb. Taku drove his best race upto that point. He had the measure of JB all weekend and was looking good for 2nd. He didn't have to have a lunge that soon, he had the pace tyre advantage or not, Sato showed his impatience. He's got balls and you can't blame the kid for trying, but not that was just plain stupid and unfortunately he'll be remembered for this incident from the weekend and not his superb pace and the way he left Jense way behind. He'll get there in the end though and expect him to be up there in Montreal as that engine has grunt, now only if it can last the distance. My tip for Canada is a BAR win, don't know who, but BAR could win.

...and unfortunately he'll be remembered for this incident from the weekend and not his superb pace and the way he left Jense way behind.

unfortunately you are probably right. but the good thing is that people really are starting to respect him now and not treat him as a novelty. people are paying attention to him more for the right reasons too. even martin was saying that he was his driver of the day (more for his effort over the whole weekend) and reubens said in the post-race that sato would have had him in the next couple of laps anyway (even if he was a bit shocked by his enthusiasm). you don't concede something like that unless you respect the car's speed, and more importantly the driver's ability to utilise it.

well sato's progress has been just like i've maintained all preseason and all year, and he is certainly living up to my expectations. he learns every race and improves every race. by the end of the year he will be on the podium and he is already matching jenson's pace.

one costly mistake, but the guy only ever moves forward, not backwards, so i can only see his potential despite the incident.

AHH im so disapointed, Sato grows on me with each race. And after qualifying i was very hopeful of a podium and during the race i was thinking he was gonna get 2nd. then when he came out behind him i thought ooh noooooooo, and i sunk in my chair, then i saw he had more pace still and was once again on the edge hoping he could amke the move.

Oh well im sure he will learn from it, i mean it was really the first time hes been up there with the big boys all race, and he was Fantastic until that point. Im pumped for canada where i hope he can go for the podium again.

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:

i totally agree with you there. it was a fantastic race for me to see sato push so hard, first for the front row and then chasing reubuns' 2-stopper. it's so great to watch your favourite driver developing into a future force the way sato is this year. it was so painful having him out last year but it looks to have done him good, because he is always near the top at practice too. now he is gaining race experience and occasionally getting the getter of jenson too. at the very least it's certainly taking some of the pain out of watching m$ dominate the season, for me anyway. awesome!

and webber pickin up 2 points was solid too. :D

Taku, Sato, I really felt for both you guys. It would have been really great for him to be on the podium, but that red mist really messed with him!! :lol:

yeah he really has been seeing "red" lately. he's got a bit of montoya in him i think..

At least he had the balls to give it a try and make a pass. How many other drivers would have just sat there and taken the third? But, he needed to be a touch closer to pull it off, so I say he was a bit optimistic.

Yep! Better this way... I didn

sato was really disapointing in tht move on RB... as much as i want to back him up but tht move was certainly a bad move and he paid the price which sadly was a podium finish... on the whole i think Sato was the driver of the day he made no mistake all weekend up to tht one... he was the only one challenging the ferraris and if kimi had not got into 2nd at the start i doubt MS would have been able to pull away and i'm confident sato (prob the only one out there) had the pace to match MS but kimi held evryone back too long..... anyway it wouldn have mattered coz his engine blew up... can someone plz tell Honda to start making durable engines!!!!!!!!!....

another driver tht i think deserves credit and would have probably done well in the race was David Coulthard... another sad story..... he was awesome to get by 10 cars in 1 lap.... (has anyone ever done tht b4.. i cant remember anyway someone overtaking 10 cars in the 1st lap)... his engine blew.... can someone also tell mercedes to give durable engines and let kimi and DC race!!!!!! i'm sure they miss racing by now!!!

I don't know who to be more disappointed in, Sato or Richards. Sato was on a sure 3rd place with a good chance at 2nd. Jenson was sitting right behind him, so BAR was looking at a 3rd/4th finish at worst, and possibly a 2nd/4th finish.

Instead, BAR winds up losing ground to Renault (again) in the Constructors Championship. What makes this worse is that Richards thinks Sato is "a hero".

Any driver in F1 can be fast given the right set-up and the right car. The real measure of a driver that aspires to the championship is how they manage each race, getting the most out of their cars given the circumstances they are in.

This is the main complaint I have against many of the "young guns" in F1 today. Being able to put in a super fast lap in qualifying doesn't make you world champion. Montoya could have beat MS last year, but he made too many unforced mistakes. This year, Montoya and RS are making Williams' season look even worse than it is. BAR could yet finish 2nd in this year's constructors race, but Sato is making it harder than it has to be.

i've looked at it a few ttimes now, and it seems to me that Sato was in a better position then i thought at first. He is along side just at the turn in point.

Barrichello says he heard the noise coming, then why didn't u avoid it rubens? Its still to impaitent from Sato but nowhere near as bad as i first thought.