Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

I Guess That'S Finally It Then... Kimi Gone For Good :(

I've tried to like Vettel and support a new driver after Kimi left F1, but it just feels empty to me now. I don't have that same buzz of hoping a driver does well, or watching their racecraft in full display. You'll never be forgotten Kimi and some of my best moments watching F1 were watching you. I do wish the Rallies were on TV at a normal hour and not weeks after the actual event had occured.

Oh well, F1 will go on I know that, but my interest has been taking a dive for awhile now. These new cars with the midget wings in the back, the Howard Hughes wing up the front, the engine freezes yet others still somehow gaining in HP. The constant tinkering, the odd nature at how one team is deemed legal in their innovation, for it to then be declared illegal the next. F1 needs stability not this constant musical chair nonsense. The track issue has taken some life out of F1 too. To even be in the news that SPA might not be retained, I mean seriously who enjoys watching half to 2/3rds of the tracks nowdays. I don't that's for sure. Borerain, Hungary, why bother there's just too many tracks to list that are both ugly to look at and produce stillborn races. F1 is too controlled now and Kimi was a breath of fresh air. A reminder of the days when the Villeneueves, Senna's, Irvines and other rock star like drivers gave F1 it's glamour. Now it feels like F1 is having to remind everyone that they are still glamourous and exciting. I don't think I'll stop watching, but I know for sure my passion has died out and I'm sad about about that.

Kimi probably took one look at Michael's come back and went for another quick, loose Sh#t. If Michael is struggling, just imagine how big a Finnish t!t Kimi would look.

As for your endless whines about Kimi's demise, can we be sure that this is the end of it now?

Kimi probably took one look at Michael's come back and went for another quick, loose Sh#t. If Michael is struggling, just imagine how big a Finnish t!t Kimi would look.

As for your endless whines about Kimi's demise, can we be sure that this is the end of it now?

There was nothing in my post that constituted a whine, rather a disappointing feeling about losing Kimi, a driver I respect and enjoyed following his career, and also about the feeling of the current state of F1. I have every right to talk about anything F1 related so if you can't handle that, I suggest you book another quack session pronto. I'm almost feeling like saying go f*ck yourself but you might construe it to mean I'm attacking Monobrow or Hamilton and not actually get that I'm telling you f*ck off. Who are you to think you need to school everyone and tell them how to think and what to do. What you are in fact asking for is no more posts on, or about, or replying to any driver (current or ex) you don't care much for. Since your a peon like everyone else around here, me included, I suggest you check the lump in that diaper of yours.

And good riddence to him too....icecream prices went up 15% on the back of him eating one in Malaysia... :o

Guess I'd feel the same when Button retires. But that doesn't mean to say it'll last. You have to open your mind and look at the sport through new objective eyes. You'll be less biased. I freely and fully admit my bias towards Jenson, and I know in certain incidents that can impair my judgement.

All due respect to you but you do go on about the loss of Kimi a lot! Like I do about JB.

I've opened my mind to the possibility that Lewis is a better driver than JB. I said POSSIBILITY. (Never gonna hear the last of this) - he's fast, young, extremely talented, and still has time on his side to get better and better. Jenson has a few years left, but I think Lewis will and has learned a lot more from JB than we realise. And he'll learn from future teams/teammates.

Don't be too sad. You can be objective.

Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....Lewis is possibly better than Jenson....

....whats that? I can do a CTRL+C and then a CTRL+V instead of type all that out.....now ya tell me...

:lol: bitch!

Guess I'd feel the same when Button retires. But that doesn't mean to say it'll last. You have to open your mind and look at the sport through new objective eyes. You'll be less biased. I freely and fully admit my bias towards Jenson, and I know in certain incidents that can impair my judgement.

All due respect to you but you do go on about the loss of Kimi a lot! Like I do about JB.

I've opened my mind to the possibility that Lewis is a better driver than JB. I said POSSIBILITY. (Never gonna hear the last of this) - he's fast, young, extremely talented, and still has time on his side to get better and better. Jenson has a few years left, but I think Lewis will and has learned a lot more from JB than we realise. And he'll learn from future teams/teammates.

Don't be too sad. You can be objective.

lovely post Steph :thbup:

Kimi always said he would not come back unless it was a competitive ride. Renault is the closest to wanting him but they are not there yet and may not be. The irony is RB is using their engines and doing much better. Kimi does not need the money and the rush of competitive WRC is hard to match. He is in a learning curve but happy doing rally. We all know F1 is hugely political and most of the people are very aloof which is a major turnoff especially when the racing is pretty boring with lead changes dictated by pit strategy. For myself, having raced SCCA, IMSA, F Atlantic, and then going to rally, it is majorly addictive and I really have little interest in road racing. I do wish I had the $$$ to rally today, but it is simply too expensive now. I can very much relate to Kimi's attitude about all of this.

There was nothing in my post that constituted a whine, rather a disappointing feeling about losing Kimi, a driver I respect and enjoyed following his career, and also about the feeling of the current state of F1. I have every right to talk about anything F1 related so if you can't handle that, I suggest you book another quack session pronto. I'm almost feeling like saying go f*ck yourself but you might construe it to mean I'm attacking Monobrow or Hamilton and not actually get that I'm telling you f*ck off. Who are you to think you need to school everyone and tell them how to think and what to do. What you are in fact asking for is no more posts on, or about, or replying to any driver (current or ex) you don't care much for. Since your a peon like everyone else around here, me included, I suggest you check the lump in that diaper of yours.

Maybe nothing in your post constitutes a whine in isolation, it's more to do with the cumulative effect of all the 'Kimi's gone boo-hoo' drivellings you have subjected to this once great site. You have never once alluded to the fact that Kimi was a spent and clearly bored force. I wanted to see drivers with commitment, however misplaced or delluded they may be. Towards the end, Kimi was just a slacker and a pathetic shadow of his former self. Maybe if you had a slightly more balanced view about how he drove in this period and the wholey justified reasons as to why Ferrari rightly dropped him, I may give you a bit more slack. As it is, I care not about you or whether my opinion hurts. I'll say what the f*ck I want around here.

I neither feel the need nor the right to 'school' anyone around here. You imbiciles school yourselves with your subjective fanboyism. You bore me.

I loved Kimi. Then he let himself down. Now he's gone. Is he looking to come back? Has he been signed? What's to discuss?

What's annoying you is that not many people want to jump aboard your juvenile boat of misplaced grief, for fear of drowning in your river of sychophantic bollocks.

I'm assuming a 'peon' is a person and not a pigeon?

Just checked my diaper.....yes there's a lump. It's this thread. Time for a new one.

I've tried to like Vettel and support a new driver after Kimi left F1, but it just feels empty to me now. I don't have that same buzz of hoping a driver does well, or watching their racecraft in full display. You'll never be forgotten Kimi and some of my best moments watching F1 were watching you. I do wish the Rallies were on TV at a normal hour and not weeks after the actual event had occured.

Oh well, F1 will go on I know that, but my interest has been taking a dive for awhile now. These new cars with the midget wings in the back, the Howard Hughes wing up the front, the engine freezes yet others still somehow gaining in HP. The constant tinkering, the odd nature at how one team is deemed legal in their innovation, for it to then be declared illegal the next. F1 needs stability not this constant musical chair nonsense. The track issue has taken some life out of F1 too. To even be in the news that SPA might not be retained, I mean seriously who enjoys watching half to 2/3rds of the tracks nowdays. I don't that's for sure. Borerain, Hungary, why bother there's just too many tracks to list that are both ugly to look at and produce stillborn races. F1 is too controlled now and Kimi was a breath of fresh air. A reminder of the days when the Villeneueves, Senna's, Irvines and other rock star like drivers gave F1 it's glamour. Now it feels like F1 is having to remind everyone that they are still glamourous and exciting. I don't think I'll stop watching, but I know for sure my passion has died out and I'm sad about about that.

Dude, you just put all my feelings into one post. Great post. I think all die-hard Kimi fans feel this way because for us, he left a bit too early and his exit was a shocker.

As for you, I think you should have judged by the tone of this post that it comes from a die hard fan who has spent the last 1 year anxiously awaiting Kimi to make a decision to comeback. Kimi fans still can't believe it. Its just that simple. And you should learn to respect that. All else is cool. This post wasn't meant for you.

KoolMonkey, you shouldn't loose your temper. you're an iceman fan :)

As for you, I think you should have judged by the tone of this post that it comes from a die hard fan who has spent the last 1 year anxiously awaiting Kimi to make a decision to comeback. Kimi fans still can't believe it. Its just that simple. And you should learn to respect that. All else is cool. This post wasn't meant for you.

If I want to see blind admiration, I'll go to a boy band concert. I come here in the hope that some people can be a fan of a driver, yet have the ability to not view everything through rose tinted spectacles. If that happens, I'll respect it. I don't respect someone starting a thread purely for hero worship. Especially a hero who, at the end, was a work-shy fop.

If I want to see blind admiration, I'll go to a boy band concert. I come here in the hope that some people can be a fan of a driver, yet have the ability to not view everything through rose tinted spectacles. If that happens, I'll respect it. I don't respect someone starting a thread purely for hero worship. Especially a hero who, at the end, was a work-shy fop.

Then you should depart real quickly, perhaps loosen up a bit and shove a blunt fork in your eye. The way I see it, this is a site for F1, about F1 and by F1 fans. Anything that's related to that is good to go and I see no reason why a dark horse should call it off and make his voice heard through bashings of a former driver. Whether he is or is not a hero, that's up to everyone to decide, but there's no point in generalizing something just because you have a different view from others. Go rip a Kimi poster or something and spare your revolutionary thoughts.

Then you should depart real quickly, perhaps loosen up a bit and shove a blunt fork in your eye. The way I see it, this is a site for F1, about F1 and by F1 fans. Anything that's related to that is good to go and I see no reason why a dark horse should call it off and make his voice heard through bashings of a former driver. Whether he is or is not a hero, that's up to everyone to decide, but there's no point in generalizing something just because you have a different view from others. Go rip a Kimi poster or something and spare your revolutionary thoughts.

I actually did shove a blunt fork in my eye....then both eyes. It was still less painfull than Kimi's last season. I look forward to your next three posts in eight months, F1 fan.

I don't respect someone starting a thread purely for hero worship. Especially a hero who, at the end, was a work-shy fop.

Then I think there is no point in having a Forum like this.

"...a hero who, at the end, was a work-shy fop"? You said you loved Kimi at one time. If that was the case, you would've known he was sleeping 15 minutes before his first F1 race. He was never a work horse. Just a thorough bred, naturally talented, one of a kind racer. And thats why Kimi fans follow Kimi like no other fans of any other driver.

Then I think there is no point in having a Forum like this.

I agree, there's no point in having a forum like this.

"...a hero who, at the end, was a work-shy fop"? You said you loved Kimi at one time. If that was the case, you would've known he was sleeping 15 minutes before his first F1 race. He was never a work horse. Just a thorough bred, naturally talented, one of a kind racer. And thats why Kimi fans follow Kimi like no other fans of any other driver.

Kimi exploded onto the scene, did things his way and was blisteringly fast. His apathy throughout it all made his achievements all the more amusing. Then his achievements plumetted but the apathy remained. That's not the way to handle a difficult patch. You have to at least look like it matters to you, even if it doesn't. He didn't. It didn't. He left. I was disillusioned. You are clearly still blind.

Steve, can I ask you something?

Do you think I'm a blind fan? Genuine question, and I want honesty as always.

Steve, can I ask you something?

Do you think I'm a blind fan? Genuine question, and I want honesty as always.

No.

:lol: What a funny thread!

The day Alonso leaves I will feel sad until the next combination of great driving plus that "je ne sais quoi" that makes you choose a driver over another comes up. So far it seems like Bob K might fill that void. And if Bob K leaves, then I will still enjoy the skill the other great drivers have (there are too many good ones out there at present: JB, MW, LH, SV, plus the old ones which will probably retire sooner than FA, plus the promise of some of the younger ones. Maybe I won't feel that "special" thing I feel when I watch Kubica or Alonso in the shower (oops, don't know where that came from) but I am not blind when it comes to skills.

As for Kimi, he was, at best, an also-ran among the great drivers. That means, a great driver but hardly a guy that left anything else besides driving through some smoke at Spa and an ice cream. I would struggle to make a 1 hour video (one of those "The Glory of...") with Kimi's "unforgettable" moments. He was quick, he sometimes fought like a lion, but let's face it, Kimi is a lot like Keke Rosberg, a great driver, a former champion, but hardly a guy you would waste too much time thinking about his feats.

It still amazes me what else do people see in him to make such a fuzz.

And to even think of losing passion in F1 because of the departing of one of its figures, be it Schumi, Alonso or Kimi...err...well...certainly not my style. I survived the disappearing of Senna, when I was younger and more emotional and that guy was an actual legend. Everything else are just some interesting chapters. They are closed, so sad, now let's see what's next.

:lol: What a funny thread!

The day Alonso leaves I will feel sad until the next combination of great driving plus that "je ne sais quoi" that makes you choose a driver over another comes up. So far it seems like Bob K might fill that void. And if Bob K leaves, then I will still enjoy the skill the other great drivers have (there are too many good ones out there at present: JB, MW, LH, SV, plus the old ones which will probably retire sooner than FA, plus the promise of some of the younger ones. Maybe I won't feel that "special" thing I feel when I watch Kubica or Alonso in the shower (oops, don't know where that came from) but I am not blind when it comes to skills.

As for Kimi, he was, at best, an also-ran among the great drivers. That means, a great driver but hardly a guy that left anything else besides driving through some smoke at Spa and an ice cream. I would struggle to make a 1 hour video (one of those "The Glory of...") with Kimi's "unforgettable" moments. He was quick, he sometimes fought like a lion, but let's face it, Kimi is a lot like Keke Rosberg, a great driver, a former champion, but hardly a guy you would waste too much time thinking about his feats.

And to even think of losing passion in F1 because of the departing of one of its figures, be it Schumi, Alonso or Kimi...err...well...certainly not my style. I survived the disappearing of Senna, when I was younger and more emotional and that guy was an actual legend. Everything else are just some interesting chapters. They are closed, so sad, now let's see what's next.

If I was skilled in diplomacy, or had the patience, this is what I would have said. If, for you, Formula One is about one driver, f*ck off. You are not into Formula One.

:lol: What a funny thread! It's actually inspired me to write one of my best posts for ages.

The day Lewis Hamilton leaves I will feel sad until the next combination of great driving plus that "je ne sais quoi" that makes you choose a driver over another comes up. So far it seems like Lewis Hamilton's unborn son might fill that void. And if Lewis Hamilton's unborn son leaves, then I will still enjoy the skill the other great drivers have (there are too many good ones out there at present: JB, LH, Lewis Hamilton's unborn son plus the old ones which will probably retire sooner than Lewis Hamilton's unborn son, plus the promise of some of the younger ones. Maybe I won't feel that "special" thing I feel when I watch Anthony and Lewis Hamilton in the shower (oops, don't know where that came from) but I am not blind when it comes to skills.

As for Kimi, he was, at best, an also-ran among the great drivers. That means, a great driver but hardly a guy that left anything else besides driving through some smoke at Spa and an ice cream. I would struggle to make a 1 hour video (one of those "The Glory of...") with Kimi's "unforgettable" moments. He was quick, he sometimes fought like a lion, but let's face it, Kimi is a lot like Adrian Sutil, a great driver, a former champion, but hardly a guy you would waste too much time thinking about his feats.

And to even think of losing passion in F1 because of the departing of one of its figures, be it Schumi, Anthony Hamilton or Kimi...err...well...certainly not my style. I survived the disappearing of Senna, when I was younger and more emotional and that guy was an actual legend. Everything else are just some interesting chapters. They are closed, so sad, now let's see what's next.

:lol: What a funny thread! It's actually inspired me to write one of my best posts for ages.

The day Lewis Hamilton leaves I will feel sad until the next combination of great driving plus that "je ne sais quoi" that makes you choose a driver over another comes up. So far it seems like Lewis Hamilton's unborn son might fill that void. And if Lewis Hamilton's unborn son leaves, then I will still enjoy the skill the other great drivers have (there are too many good ones out there at present: JB, LH, Lewis Hamilton's unborn son plus the old ones which will probably retire sooner than Lewis Hamilton's unborn son, plus the promise of some of the younger ones. Maybe I won't feel that "special" thing I feel when I watch Anthony and Lewis Hamilton in the shower (oops, don't know where that came from) but I am not blind when it comes to skills.

As for Kimi, he was, at best, an also-ran among the great drivers. That means, a great driver but hardly a guy that left anything else besides driving through some smoke at Spa and an ice cream. I would struggle to make a 1 hour video (one of those "The Glory of...") with Kimi's "unforgettable" moments. He was quick, he sometimes fought like a lion, but let's face it, Kimi is a lot like Adrian Sutil, a great driver, a former champion, but hardly a guy you would waste too much time thinking about his feats.

And to even think of losing passion in F1 because of the departing of one of its figures, be it Schumi, Anthony Hamilton or Kimi...err...well...certainly not my style. I survived the disappearing of Senna, when I was younger and more emotional and that guy was an actual legend. Everything else are just some interesting chapters. They are closed, so sad, now let's see what's next.

That was the worst load of crap and subjective drivel I've ever read. And your English has actually worsened over the years.

Please, spare us from such long, boring and nonsensical posts from now on.

:lol:

Sorry Andres. And, alas, that link makes Lewis sound like some trashy celebrity to me. :( He split up with his girlfriend earlier in the year and now he wants kids with her. Sigh... maybe I'm old-fashioned or moralistic or daft (well OK I grant you that last one).