Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

I Guess That'S Finally It Then... Kimi Gone For Good :(

Hey, I just realised (yeah I'm slow) that both Lewis and Nando (and JV before them) have pop star girlfriends. What's that all about, I wonder.

It still amazes me what else do people see in him to make such a fuzz.

same here with Alonso. I mean, what driver wins championships with the competitor always breaking down and benefitting from it? No wonder Kimi was crowned driver of the year with all the prestigious events....Ridiculous I say, don't see anything that makes Alonso such a fuzz :P

Steve, can I ask you something?

Do you think I'm a blind fan? Genuine question, and I want honesty as always.

from my perspective, You certainly a fan of your driver but your unbiased,

I agree, there's no point in having a forum like this.

Kimi exploded onto the scene, did things his way and was blisteringly fast. His apathy throughout it all made his achievements all the more amusing. Then his achievements plumetted but the apathy remained. That's not the way to handle a difficult patch. You have to at least look like it matters to you, even if it doesn't. He didn't. It didn't. He left. I was disillusioned. You are clearly still blind.

Whatever argument you're giving till now is purely subjective, and so you can't say someone else is blind because this means you're assuming your own opinion can't be wrong. As I said before, this post wasn't meant for somebody like you or some Kimi haters.

He was never a work horse. Just a thorough bred, naturally talented, one of a kind racer. And thats why Kimi fans follow Kimi like no other fans of any other driver.

and there you have it Andres, don't conveniently skip post with actual answers in the future again. :yawn:

If I ever see another biased post about Kimi Räikkönen again, I will lose all self-control and get my third and final strike (I've already served two suspensions) and never be seen on TF1 again...

...for another 3 days. ;)

If I ever see another biased post about Kimi Räikkönen again, I will lose all self-control and get my third and final strike (I've already served two suspensions) and never be seen on TF1 again...

...for another 3 days. ;)

In case you did'nt realise,, TF1 DOES'NT revolve around YOU. Here's to make sure you stay away for another 3 days.... Kimi is the greatest F1 driver that ever lived, he is secretly a vampire slayer who drinks vodka during the day and plays monster under the bed to kiddies like you...He farts and he burps and if you retire one day from kindergarden, will poo in your nappies...

and there you have it Andres, don't conveniently skip post with actual answers in the future again. :yawn:

:lol: I wan't expecting you to take me seriously!

Actually, what I posted about Kimi are (although exaggerated) my true feelings aboutu him, but those are keeping in mind that the fact that I don't like his personality do not mean that I really think so little of his accomplishments.

It was just an exercise on how to mke gold seem like manure and viceversa just through words (like you did with Alonso :P). After a while, all of us F1 fans realize that any driver can be turned into a legend by choosing the right words (Takuma Sato comes to mind...the guy was somewhere between awful and some kind of lucky kamikaze...yet now is remembered quite fondly) and even the biggest legend can be turned into a merely also ran. I just diod it with Kimi, you with Alonso, we could do it with Schumi ("Yeah, an average guy in a fast car and allowed to cheat as much as he could..geez, Vitantonio Luzzi would have won 8 WDCs given those helps!")

In any case, my central point still stands: no driver is greater than F1.Not even Senna.

And if Senna wasn't bigger than F1 how could this (to quote The Prophet) "monosyllabic car destroyer"? :whistling:

Kimi was hillarious. The James Hunt of the 2000s.

Remember when they asked him why he didn't say hi to Pele - and he replied he was taking a dump?

Good times, ice man!

I actually did shove a blunt fork in my eye....then both eyes. It was still less painfull than Kimi's last season. I look forward to your next three posts in eight months, F1 fan.

I apologize for having a personal life and not spending 24/7 on a forum in search of spending a good old fashion time arguing with ignorants who pollute threads like this. If you have a problem with this topic, take it somewhere else or at least post your opinion on the matter in a way that doesn't bash other people's views. I guess you're not familiar with the word "respect", so there's practically no point starting a discussion with you. Since you've mentioned it, keep looking for my posts/threads in the future, as I kindly invite you to pollute those too. You can wait long and well for replies from my side.

I apologize for having a personal life and not spending 24/7 on a forum in search of spending a good old fashion time arguing with ignorants who pollute threads like this. If you have a problem with this topic, take it somewhere else or at least post your opinion on the matter in a way that doesn't bash other people's views. I guess you're not familiar with the word "respect", so there's practically no point starting a discussion with you. Since you've mentioned it, keep looking for my posts/threads in the future, as I kindly invite you to pollute those too. You can wait long and well for replies from my side.

I think the majority of people here do have a life, myself included. We find time to balance our lives with the things that are important (ie, work, family, friends, domestic chores and lots of alcohol...not necessarily in that order) and coming here for discussions about things we are passionate about. I'm passionate about Formula One. You might be too, but do not choose to make an active contribution on this forum. You choose to go straight for the jugular and wrongly assume that your abusive crusade will somehow make me re-evaluate my life and all that goes on in it. I made light of your attack but you can't seem to let it drop. I think it bothers you a whole lot more than it bothers me.

Bluntly, if my opinion upsets you and you do not have the motivation to post a half sensible rebuttal, I'm glad you only do post three times in eight months.

I think the majority of people here do have a life, myself included. We find time to balance our lives with the things that are important (ie, work, family, friends, domestic chores and lots of alcohol...not necessarily in that order) and coming here for discussions about things we are passionate about. I'm passionate about Formula One. You might be too, but do not choose to make an active contribution on this forum. You choose to go straight for the jugular and wrongly assume that your abusive crusade will somehow make me re-evaluate my life and all that goes on in it. I made light of your attack but you can't seem to let it drop. I think it bothers you a whole lot more than it bothers me.

Bluntly, if my opinion upsets you and you do not have the motivation to post a half sensible rebuttal, I'm glad you only do post three times in eight months.

Who's going straight for the jugular now when you're making assumptions about my life and accusing me of not having motivation? I handled this thread with respect, and while I don't necessarily agree with KoolMonkey's comment, I chose to refrain myself from making his point seem ridiculous, while you did the exact opposite. That's when I chose to drop the sympathy, because I have a low a##hole tolerance and tend to notice a lack of respect when I see one. I actually have the balls to admit that it bothered me, instead of raising my ego and denying that I have any interest towards a random poster's attack, while at the same time replying to it, WHICH is exactly what you did. If I made any false assumptions about your life, my apologies, because I overthought your post (sarcasm). It's not your opinion that upset me, it's your direspect and attitude towards a member's point of view. Since you've reacted to it the way you did, it's safe to say that his opinion bothers you more than your post had bothered me.

Since I don't have motivation, please be so kind to finish the dispute for me by making my comments seem inferior and bashing my words while making further assumptions about how I am, what I do and how I live. And please don't forget about the number of posts, because that amuses me. I wouldn't be surprised of a total silence either, because you're good at being irreverent. My last two cents.

Who's going straight for the jugular now when you're making assumptions about my life and accusing me of not having motivation? I handled this thread with respect, and while I don't necessarily agree with KoolMonkey's comment, I chose to refrain myself from making his point seem ridiculous, while you did the exact opposite. That's when I chose to drop the sympathy, because I have a low a##hole tolerance and tend to notice a lack of respect when I see one. I actually have the balls to admit that it bothered me, instead of raising my ego and denying that I have any interest towards a random poster's attack, while at the same time replying to it, WHICH is exactly what you did. If I made any false assumptions about your life, my apologies, because I overthought your post (sarcasm). It's not your opinion that upset me, it's your direspect and attitude towards a member's point of view. Since you've reacted to it the way you did, it's safe to say that his opinion bothers you more than your post had bothered me.

Since I don't have motivation, please be so kind to finish the dispute for me by making my comments seem inferior and bashing my words while making further assumptions about how I am, what I do and how I live. And please don't forget about the number of posts, because that amuses me. I wouldn't be surprised of a total silence either, because you're good at being irreverent. My last two cents.

I'm going to back off because I'm clearly hitting to many raw nerves. That and you are boring me to tears. I don't want the thoughts of soiled undergarments either on my conscience or in my thoughts as I consume this rather lovely beef and bean hot pot with my wife. Oops, that's gone and done it....I meant on my own, of course. In my bed sit, looking at my black walls whilst I masturbate furiously to some Slip Knot. There, we have something in common again.

Had to laugh at your rant about respect though. Telling me to go stick a fork in my eye as your opening gambit then put yourself on some sort of moral high ground nearly made me laugh my c*ck off. What else are they teaching you?

I'm going to back off because I'm clearly hitting to many raw nerves. That and you are boring me to tears. I don't want the thoughts of soiled undergarments either on my conscience or in my thoughts as I consume this rather lovely beef and bean hot pot with my wife. Oops, that's gone and done it....I meant on my own, of course. In my bed sit, looking at my black walls whilst I masturbate furiously to some Slip Knot. There, we have something in common again.

Had to laugh at your rant about respect though. Telling me to go stick a fork in my eye as your opening gambit then put yourself on some sort of moral high ground nearly made me laugh my c*ck off. What else are they teaching you?

Really? Aww, how manly of you. Keep cussing, I'm enjoying it. thbup.gif

To finally post something meaningful and on-topic to KoolMonkey's comment, I knew Kimi would never return to the sport and he would be a Hakkinen nr.2. He's lost every ambition he could hardly gather last year. In WRC, at least he's shouting more and doing something on the car.

I meant on my own, of course. In my bed sit, looking at my black walls whilst I masturbate furiously to some Slip Knot.

Sarah? Is that you? What the hell are you doing hacking Steve's account?

I'm sorry, but I think you just described my sisters habits, in great detail.

I had too laughed my [non-existent] c0ck off reading this.

Sarah? Is that you? What the hell are you doing hacking Steve's account?

I'm sorry, but I think you just described my sisters habits, in great detail.

I had too laughed my [non-existent] c0ck off reading this.

Sarah :wub: my twin soul!

Wait...

Meh.

yea..kids...

btw..

Raikkonen predicts strong weekend for Ferrari emailButton.png Aug.24 (GMM) Kimi Raikkonen thinks Ferrari could be set for a competitive weekend at Spa-Francorchamps.

The Finn, whose Belgian grand prix win last year was his final victory in formula one, admitted that the famous track is one he will miss now that he is a rally driver.

"It would have been nice to drive there," Raikkonen admitted in an interview with Turun Sanomat.

"It is a great track and was always nice to race there," added the 30-year-old, who won the event four times.

Raikkonen even won last August, with the generally uncompetitive 2009 Ferrari.

"Of course, you have to have a good car, and even though the Ferrari last year was not a top car, it was good enough," he said.

"I guess they will be in a strong position (in 2010)," he added, referring to Ferrari's current lineup for this weekend's event of Fernando Alonso alongside Felipe Massa.

The Italian team will have yet another diffuser development fitted to the F10 car this weekend.

"Red Bull do not have as good an engine and will not win as easily," predicted the 2007 world champion.

"It is hard to say. McLaren will also be fast on the straights, and even stronger at Monza," said Raikkonen, even though reports are emerging that the British team will run without its famous F-duct in Italy in three weeks.

Generally, however, Raikkonen said he does not miss F1 at all.

"A couple of races I missed (on TV) completely and I had no interest to watch it afterwards. It's not deliberate, just that I have no interest staring at the TV at what they're doing (in F1)," he insisted.

yea..kids...

btw..

Raikkonen predicts strong weekend for Ferrari emailButton.png Aug.24 (GMM) Kimi Raikkonen thinks Ferrari could be set for a competitive weekend at Spa-Francorchamps.

The Finn, whose Belgian grand prix win last year was his final victory in formula one, admitted that the famous track is one he will miss now that he is a rally driver.

"It would have been nice to drive there," Raikkonen admitted in an interview with Turun Sanomat.

"It is a great track and was always nice to race there," added the 30-year-old, who won the event four times.

Raikkonen even won last August, with the generally uncompetitive 2009 Ferrari.

"Of course, you have to have a good car, and even though the Ferrari last year was not a top car, it was good enough," he said.

"I guess they will be in a strong position (in 2010)," he added, referring to Ferrari's current lineup for this weekend's event of Fernando Alonso alongside Felipe Massa.

The Italian team will have yet another diffuser development fitted to the F10 car this weekend.

"Red Bull do not have as good an engine and will not win as easily," predicted the 2007 world champion.

"It is hard to say. McLaren will also be fast on the straights, and even stronger at Monza," said Raikkonen, even though reports are emerging that the British team will run without its famous F-duct in Italy in three weeks.

Generally, however, Raikkonen said he does not miss F1 at all.

"A couple of races I missed (on TV) completely and I had no interest to watch it afterwards. It's not deliberate, just that I have no interest staring at the TV at what they're doing (in F1)," he insisted.

I find it strange that he decided to "predict" or comment any current affair in F1. That shows that he is keeping his eye on the sport and how different teams are doing... I still hope :) I know, it childish, but...

I find it strange that he decided to "predict" or comment any current affair in F1. That shows that he is keeping his eye on the sport and how different teams are doing... I still hope :) I know, it childish, but...

I can't help but admire Kimi. He drove the wheels off the McLaren when he flat-spotted and came so close to a win until the wheel literally came off because of the consequent vibration. The flat spot was his mistake, but even so, that drive was raw courage .

He acted like an ordinary bloke when his McLaren , after several similar failures, died on him in Monaco and went to have a beer with his mates rather than immediatey return to the garage to have yet another fruitless discussion with Ron Dennis. We fans felt his frustration and enjoyed a consolation beer with him at home.

He didn't blame the car or the organization when Ferrari couldn't deliver a front runner in his last year with them, neither did he bitch about Ferrari's puppy-love obsession, for more than a full season, of replacing him with Alonso.

Kimi didn't play the F1 PR game. He said pretty much what he thought, and that probably contributed to his mediocre popularity with the F1 marketing machine. But it made many of us F1 followers loyal fans.

What's not to like ? Talented, loyal to his team without overdoing the PR spin, modest in his comments, his own man, irreverant at times, a bit of a rogue, lots of courage and good sense of fair play.

And if I was a shareholder at Ferrari, I'd be asking why we spent so much to throw him over the side for a 'Diva -ish' star who insists on being # 1 driver and who has made far more than his fair share of costly mistakes this year, many more than you would expect of a double world champion.

It's clear to me that Ferrari traded down when they let Kimi go.

Alonso is good ......but not that good, in the top eight or nine rather than the top three. And while he's probably a nice guy to sit and have Tapas with, the perception he has created is that he is not a great role model with his air of entitlement, at Renault, McLaren and now Ferrari. And perception is reality to some of us fans.

Sorry - I don't understand the degree of Alonso appeal. In some ways I'd like to see Kimi back, but another part of me says, there's no coming back. Too many good new talents , and look how Schumacher is struggling with it.

Kimi didn't play the F1 PR game. He said pretty much what he thought

Yup, that's probably why he never talked much :whistling:

Alonso is good ......but not that good, in the top eight or nine rather than the top three. And while he's probably a nice guy to sit and have Tapas with, the perception he has created is that he is not a great role model with his air of entitlement, at Renault, McLaren and now Ferrari. And perception is reality to some of us fans.

I agree with you completely up to this paragraph.... Alonso is one of the best, but... Domenicali is not up to his job.

Yup, that's probably why he never talked much :whistling:

Nice one ! What was the old saying ? - 'better to keep your mouth shut and risk being thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt. ' A couple in the current F1 circus could take a leaf out of Kimi's book there.

Guess I'd feel the same when Button retires. But that doesn't mean to say it'll last. You have to open your mind and look at the sport through new objective eyes. You'll be less biased. I freely and fully admit my bias towards Jenson, and I know in certain incidents that can impair my judgement.

All due respect to you but you do go on about the loss of Kimi a lot! Like I do about JB.

I've opened my mind to the possibility that Lewis is a better driver than JB. I said POSSIBILITY. (Never gonna hear the last of this) - he's fast, young, extremely talented, and still has time on his side to get better and better. Jenson has a few years left, but I think Lewis will and has learned a lot more from JB than we realise. And he'll learn from future teams/teammates.

Don't be too sad. You can be objective.

Judas!!!!tongue.gif