Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

I Guess That'S Finally It Then... Kimi Gone For Good :(

Nice one ! What was the old saying ? - 'better to keep your mouth shut and risk being thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt. ' A couple in the current F1 circus could take a leaf out of Kimi's book there.

Nah, this is just a matter of taste, but I'm more veered towards the Alonso/Webber/Lewis approach of talking too much. We only have what? 36 total hours of F1 action a year? These guys and their goofy comments keep the interest on the sport (and these forums with something to write about) for the remaining 8,724 hours of the year with no F1 races.

I can't help but admire Kimi. He drove the wheels off the McLaren when he flat-spotted and came so close to a win until the wheel literally came off because of the consequent vibration. The flat spot was his mistake, but even so, that drive was raw courage .

He acted like an ordinary bloke when his McLaren , after several similar failures, died on him in Monaco and went to have a beer with his mates rather than immediatey return to the garage to have yet another fruitless discussion with Ron Dennis. We fans felt his frustration and enjoyed a consolation beer with him at home.

He didn't blame the car or the organization when Ferrari couldn't deliver a front runner in his last year with them, neither did he bitch about Ferrari's puppy-love obsession, for more than a full season, of replacing him with Alonso.

Kimi didn't play the F1 PR game. He said pretty much what he thought, and that probably contributed to his mediocre popularity with the F1 marketing machine. But it made many of us F1 followers loyal fans.

What's not to like ? Talented, loyal to his team without overdoing the PR spin, modest in his comments, his own man, irreverant at times, a bit of a rogue, lots of courage and good sense of fair play.

And if I was a shareholder at Ferrari, I'd be asking why we spent so much to throw him over the side for a 'Diva -ish' star who insists on being # 1 driver and who has made far more than his fair share of costly mistakes this year, many more than you would expect of a double world champion.

It's clear to me that Ferrari traded down when they let Kimi go.

Alonso is good ......but not that good, in the top eight or nine rather than the top three. And while he's probably a nice guy to sit and have Tapas with, the perception he has created is that he is not a great role model with his air of entitlement, at Renault, McLaren and now Ferrari. And perception is reality to some of us fans.

Sorry - I don't understand the degree of Alonso appeal. In some ways I'd like to see Kimi back, but another part of me says, there's no coming back. Too many good new talents , and look how Schumacher is struggling with it.

ah, you warmed my heart...

lovely lovely

I agree with you completely up to this paragraph.... Alonso is one of the best, but... Domenicali is not up to his job.

Domenicali ...the pimp. Who had to make hard decisions because his job was already on the line, unfortunately with the influence of the ou-of-date Schumacher.

Judas!!!!tongue.gif

:lol:

I think I might have been temporarily possessed. Satan says hi everyone! :P

On Kimi...I want a new Kimi. Vettel could be the next Kimi if he can get it together, maybe Robert, too. Or Kobayashi. Or Petrovsky. No need to recycle the same old guys who only want to be here if they can get big money that no team would pay to someone who, over 2.5 years, was outscored by Felipe Massa. Not saying Kimi doesn't have it, but at this point in his career, he wasn't bringing it on a regular enough basis to warrant his salary...

On which drivers are best...

Lewis Hamilton is the best. Robert Kubica is a distant second over Mark Webber. Jenson Button is fourth, only just over Fernando Alonso. Sebastian Vettel should be first, but he's really sixth, because the child can't complete an entire Grand Prix without jizzing his knickers. Nico Rosberg's a dismal seventh, Felipe Massa an underwhelming eighth, Adrian Sutil a delicious ninth, and Kamui Kobayashi a beautiful tenth. Rubens Barrichello is eleventh because eleven has two ones and Barrichello is doubly the best. Michael Schumacher is a shocking twelfth, with Buemi and Alguersuari behind. Then there's Liuzzi, and Hülkenberg. Pedro is seventeenth and no one else is worth my time. Vitaly Petrov has respectfully pulled out of the rankings, much like Mother Russia so graciously allowing 32 inferior teams compete in the World Cup as they didn't want to look bad for winning every match 10-0 with their subs in. Kimi Räikkönen was fast but he's old news. We have legions of new, young talents like the talentless Pastor Maldonado, the completely meh Sergio Pérez, the "I can't do F3 so I'll hide in GP3 and make myself look good beating a bunch of toddlers" Esteban Gutiérrez, and Jacques Villeneuve all lined up, so no Kimi. And Valentino Rossi's already won the 2011 WDC in the third Ferrari over the Prodrives of Takuma Sato, Mika Häkkinen, and Your Nige.

Kimi is not really gone yet....... and is it a coincidence that his rally sponsor is Red Bull?

Vettel is untouchable and Webber is driving his best races of the carrer. Kimi would not drive in Torro Roso, so Red Bull as sponsor has no link to possible Kimi return.

On Kimi...I want a new Kimi. Vettel could be the next Kimi if he can get it together, maybe Robert, too. Or Kobayashi. Or Petrovsky. No need to recycle the same old guys who only want to be here if they can get big money that no team would pay to someone who, over 2.5 years, was outscored by Felipe Massa. Not saying Kimi doesn't have it, but at this point in his career, he wasn't bringing it on a regular enough basis to warrant his salary...

On which drivers are best...

Lewis Hamilton is the best. Robert Kubica is a distant second over Mark Webber. Jenson Button is fourth, only just over Fernando Alonso. Sebastian Vettel should be first, but he's really sixth, because the child can't complete an entire Grand Prix without jizzing his knickers. Nico Rosberg's a dismal seventh, Felipe Massa an underwhelming eighth, Adrian Sutil a delicious ninth, and Kamui Kobayashi a beautiful tenth. Rubens Barrichello is eleventh because eleven has two ones and Barrichello is doubly the best. Michael Schumacher is a shocking twelfth, with Buemi and Alguersuari behind. Then there's Liuzzi, and Hülkenberg. Pedro is seventeenth and no one else is worth my time. Vitaly Petrov has respectfully pulled out of the rankings, much like Mother Russia so graciously allowing 32 inferior teams compete in the World Cup as they didn't want to look bad for winning every match 10-0 with their subs in. Kimi Räikkönen was fast but he's old news. We have legions of new, young talents like the talentless Pastor Maldonado, the completely meh Sergio Pérez, the "I can't do F3 so I'll hide in GP3 and make myself look good beating a bunch of toddlers" Esteban Gutiérrez, and Jacques Villeneuve all lined up, so no Kimi. And Valentino Rossi's already won the 2011 WDC in the third Ferrari over the Prodrives of Takuma Sato, Mika Häkkinen, and Your Nige.

Kimi was a good F1 driver for a while and then became a mediocre one. He is now a mediocre rally driver and might become a good one. Vettel is Vettel, not a facsimile of anyone else and is very quick in the car but prone to error. He will improve if he is given time - unfortunately, a commodity in extremely limited supply in F1. Kubica is an odd fish. He's blown hot and cold since his debut. He could be colossal if he gets the car he needs. Like Frank once said of Mansell, 'If we build him a car he can't break, he will be the World Champion'. Renault take heed. McLaren have the best two drivers on the park right now though Alonso is monstrously good when he turns it on. RBR have the fastest car and Webber is having the sort of vintage season Barrichello had last year but with a bit more luck. Kobi is quick an bright and needs a great car. He should brush up on his Italian. He ticks all the boxes for me. Rosberg is running out of time and will be testing tyres with Nick if he's not careful. Sutil needs a Merc and Merc don't need Schumi. Villeneuve needs help if he thinks he can still mix it with the boys.

Kimi was a good F1 driver for a while and then became a mediocre one. He is now a mediocre rally driver and might become a good one. Vettel is Vettel, not a facsimile of anyone else and is very quick in the car but prone to error. He will improve if he is given time - unfortunately, a commodity in extremely limited supply in F1. Kubica is an odd fish. He's blown hot and cold since his debut. He could be colossal if he gets the car he needs. Like Frank once said of Mansell, 'If we build him a car he can't break, he will be the World Champion'. Renault take heed. McLaren have the best two drivers on the park right now though Alonso is monstrously good when he turns it on. RBR have the fastest car and Webber is having the sort of vintage season Barrichello had last year but with a bit more luck. Kobi is quick an bright and needs a great car. He should brush up on his Italian. He ticks all the boxes for me. Rosberg is running out of time and will be testing tyres with Nick if he's not careful. Sutil needs a Merc and Merc don't need Schumi. Villeneuve needs help if he thinks he can still mix it with the boys.

If I were more intelligent I would have made that post. I agree with everything really.

Kimi was a good F1 driver for a while and then became a mediocre one. He is now a mediocre rally driver and might become a good one.

You can't be a great/good driver and become mediocre. You will always keep the abilty and talent. What might happen is loss of motivation etc etc

You can't be a great/good driver and become mediocre. You will always keep the abilty and talent. What might happen is loss of motivation etc etc

Schumi?? :whistling:

I had to say it before anyone more cynical did :lol:

Don't look at me, I was just about to say that Kimi was always mediocre so Brad was right.

:whistling:

Hey, anyone quick to deny it is always guilty, I say :lol:

:lol:

did I just talk myself into a corner there :eusa_think:

It's a distinct possibility :lol:

Schumi?? :whistling:

I had to say it before anyone more cynical did :lol:

Yes,unfortunately its always guys like Schumi who never loose the motivation, cuz they never seem to have had enough. And unfortunately this corrupts them into dangerously forcing their former teammates into sidewalls, parking their cars on track to gain advantage, and so on. You can't pinpoint a single incident where Kimi was unfair to others. Thats why Kimi is Kimi, and thats why he has probably moved on, and thats why the Schumis and the Alonsos will remain trying to quench their insatiable thirst for the sport. Sadly, you will never see a Kimi with insatiable hunger. Thats just the way nature works.

Yes,unfortunately its always guys like Schumi who never loose the motivation, cuz they never seem to have had enough. And unfortunately this corrupts them into dangerously forcing their former teammates into sidewalls, parking their cars on track to gain advantage, and so on. You can't pinpoint a single incident where Kimi was unfair to others. Thats why Kimi is Kimi, and thats why he has probably moved on, and thats why the Schumis and the Alonsos will remain trying to quench their insatiable thirst for the sport. Sadly, you will never see a Kimi with insatiable hunger. Thats just the way nature works.

Is 'Kimi' a race now?? Does that mean there are others like him?? Do you know how many Sh#ts on race day that could be?? And that truly is how nature works :lol:

"Unmotivated" Kimi was fifth in the driver's championship at this time last year. What is current position of "motivated and involved with the team" Alonso - fifth. Pitwall was equally damaging as in 2010. All that with the car that was really bad. So?

Now you tell me what would have happened if he was motivated? Is Alonso really that bad that he is no better than "unmotivated" Kimi?

He was best that happened in Ferrari for years but those guys did not appreciate it and ultimately did not deserve it,

I do not really expect anyone answering this.

Some lovely posts in here since I last was on these forums some weeks back. Just a quick point to those who seem to think I have an agenda about Kimi etc. I read F1 websites on a daily basis, sometimes there's an article about Kimi in relation to what's he's doing in Rally or how he's undecided on what he's doing this year. So just like any news event or article, often people want to discuss or share a point of view on something they have read. Thus I made a post. I think it's disrespectful for people to just dismiss a post, conveniently label someone a blind follower and begin to unleash insult after insult. Certainly refreshing to see others in here who also picked up on this. Just because someone has an opposing view, doesn't mean they need to be bashed. What this shows is peoples intolerance to anything other than their own thoughts. I wonder if they realize they are the ones who look foolish in their behavior, rather than calling up for reinforcements to smoosh a posters view into submission.

Wapi, you'll most likely won't get any rational reply to your question about an "unmotivated" Kimi vs a "motivated" Alonso. There's a problem on these forums when it comes to actually discussing things at times. Often just the mention of Kimi's names puts peoples backs up against the wall, and they then immediately think that means Alonso, Lewis or whoever is being attacked, and they act accordingly swinging wildly spewing their worthless words.

There's been many discussions about Kimi's motivation etc., so this probably isn't the thread to have those. My OP was based on reading a news article after having hope for the past year Kimi would return to F1, and in this article it pretty much put the nails in the coffin to that idea. Thus as a fan, I was saddened.

Some lovely posts in here since I last was on these forums some weeks back. Just a quick point to those who seem to think I have an agenda about Kimi etc. I read F1 websites on a daily basis, sometimes there's an article about Kimi in relation to what's he's doing in Rally or how he's undecided on what he's doing this year. So just like any news event or article, often people want to discuss or share a point of view on something they have read. Thus I made a post. I think it's disrespectful for people to just dismiss a post, conveniently label someone a blind follower and begin to unleash insult after insult. Certainly refreshing to see others in here who also picked up on this. Just because someone has an opposing view, doesn't mean they need to be bashed. What this shows is peoples intolerance to anything other than their own thoughts. I wonder if they realize they are the ones who look foolish in their behavior, rather than calling up for reinforcements to smoosh a posters view into submission.

Wapi, you'll most likely won't get any rational reply to your question about an "unmotivated" Kimi vs a "motivated" Alonso. There's a problem on these forums when it comes to actually discussing things at times. Often just the mention of Kimi's names puts peoples backs up against the wall, and they then immediately think that means Alonso, Lewis or whoever is being attacked, and they act accordingly swinging wildly spewing their worthless words.

There's been many discussions about Kimi's motivation etc., so this probably isn't the thread to have those. My OP was based on reading a news article after having hope for the past year Kimi would return to F1, and in this article it pretty much put the nails in the coffin to that idea. Thus as a fan, I was saddened.

I could sign those words.

"Unmotivated" Kimi was fifth in the driver's championship at this time last year. What is current position of "motivated and involved with the team" Alonso - fifth. Pitwall was equally damaging as in 2010. All that with the car that was really bad. So?

Now you tell me what would have happened if he was motivated? Is Alonso really that bad that he is no better than "unmotivated" Kimi?

He was best that happened in Ferrari for years but those guys did not appreciate it and ultimately did not deserve it,

I do not really expect anyone answering this.

I will give you an answer my friend. But i will only second your opinion. I will not say anything about "unmotivated" vs. "motivated" debate. Thats subjective to individual thought. However, I will argue on hard facts. Ferrari switched development to its 2010 car BEFORE Spa last year, and Kimi came in first in a car that was slower than a Force India. Alonso, on the other hand, spun out in a MUCH improved Ferrari. And had he not put in some dirty moves on Massa in the start of the season and without the team orders controversy, Massa would have outscored a "Flying" Alonso.

I think there is also the issue with some people that any criticism of Kimi automatically makes you either a Kimi hater or just a bitter Alonso/Schumi/Lewis/Whatever fan. For example, look at the post quoted above. I am a Schumi fan, I was jokingly criticising Schumi and look at the response.

I actually like Kimi. Just because I am a Schumi fan, it doesn't automatically make me hate any other driver. Kimi's personality, or lack of, as some hair follicly challenged people on this forum may allude to, is one of the things I liked most about him. I get his personality and quite frankly, anybody who doesn't is just a touch dumb, to be honest :whistling:

In answer to the question about an unmotivated Kimi against a motivated Alonso, then I would expect a motivated Alonso to beat him, essentially because an ummotivated Kimi just wouldn't care. It's true that a motivated Alonso is not fairing any better in Ferrari this year and it's also true that he has made some mistakes, as have Ferrari. It's also true that Ferrari seem to have a reasonable car at the moment that they have not made the best use of, as Red Bull seem to do. However, I am not sure it can be categorically stated that this year's Ferrari is better compartively than last year's car.

I actually like Kimi. Just because I am a Schumi fan, it doesn't automatically make me hate any other driver. Kimi's personality, or lack of, as some hair follicly challenged people on this forum may allude to, is one of the things I liked most about him. I get his personality and quite frankly, anybody who doesn't is just a touch dumb, to be honest :whistling:

Ohh, sharp! I pity whoever is that dumbass you are making fun of! :lol:

In answer to the question about an unmotivated Kimi against a motivated Alonso, then I would expect a motivated Alonso to beat him, essentially because an ummotivated Kimi just wouldn't care. It's true that a motivated Alonso is not fairing any better in Ferrari this year and it's also true that he has made some mistakes, as have Ferrari. It's also true that Ferrari seem to have a reasonable car at the moment that they have not made the best use of, as Red Bull seem to do. However, I am not sure it can be categorically stated that this year's Ferrari is better compartively than last year's car.

Ok, about Kimi himself: nobody hates him (it would be like hating a lettuce plant, anyways :P) It is just that it is easy to make fun of, and it doesn't raise as much hell as making fun of Lewis, Button or Alonso in this forum. Same happened in the past with JPM. The guy was always ridiculed, although nobody denies he was far superior than other drivers who got a "fairer" treatment.

Regarding Kimi's actual comparison with Alonso...well, Ferrari keeps talking about Alonso as if he was the new messiah (and even an Alonso fan like myself must concede that this has been Nando's worst year in F1 regarding his own performance), so whatever he is doing is good enough for his employers meanwhile these same employers were less than happy with Kimi in his last days at Maranello. Whether you like it or not, whether I like it or not, Ferrari wants that and its their money (cue for Brad to correct me "Santander's money" :P)

And let's face it, Kimi even sucks at rallying!!! Kubica, who races rally just as a hobby has just won a rally race! Neener neener!!

That is my very grown up view on this.

Ohh, sharp! I pity whoever is that dumbass you are making fun of! :lol:

Ok, about Kimi himself: nobody hates him (it would be like hating a lettuce plant, anyways :P) It is just that it is easy to make fun of, and it doesn't raise as much hell as making fun of Lewis, Button or Alonso in this forum. Same happened in the past with JPM. The guy was always ridiculed, although nobody denies he was far superior than other drivers who got a "fairer" treatment.

Regarding Kimi's actual comparison with Alonso...well, Ferrari keeps talking about Alonso as if he was the new messiah (and even an Alonso fan like myself must concede that this has been Nando's worst year in F1 regarding his own performance), so whatever he is doing is good enough for his employers meanwhile these same employers were less than happy with Kimi in his last days at Maranello. Whether you like it or not, whether I like it or not, Ferrari wants that and its their money (cue for Brad to correct me "Santander's money" :P)

And let's face it, Kimi even sucks at rallying!!! Kubica, who races rally just as a hobby has just won a rally race! Neener neener!!

That is my very grown up view on this.

Also, I think what helps and why I don't get easily offended with some user's is because I "know" certain members on this forum and how they usually express themselves. News members tend to take things to personally or literally...

and the Kimi(I'm one of his biggest fan) issue is just so sad man

I won rally race! :) in my bathroom.