Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

I Guess That'S Finally It Then... Kimi Gone For Good :(

[/size]

I won rally race! :) in my bathroom.

That brings me on to another point. Last time I bought a tv, which was a 40" one, it said do not watch this whilst driving. Well, I tried, but they weren't lying, you can't bollocking drive whilst watching it. However, my PS3 has no such warnings about using it in the bath. Do the FIA write these instruction manuals?

Also, I think what helps and why I don't get easily offended with some user's is because I "know" certain members on this forum and how they usually express themselves. News members tend to take things to personally or literally...

I think you're just a calm and chilled out customer, Bradley. Like the Ice Man himself, for example when buying ice cream mid-race.

I will give you an answer my friend. But i will only second your opinion. I will not say anything about "unmotivated" vs. "motivated" debate. Thats subjective to individual thought. However, I will argue on hard facts. Ferrari switched development to its 2010 car BEFORE Spa last year, and Kimi came in first in a car that was slower than a Force India. Alonso, on the other hand, spun out in a MUCH improved Ferrari. And had he not put in some dirty moves on Massa in the start of the season and without the team orders controversy, Massa would have outscored a "Flying" Alonso.

Interesting post. Alonso has looked to have significantly more pace than Massa most of the time, and that has been fairly impressive, although we don't really know if Massa's back to his old best. But Alonso's made a number of mistakes too.

As you say, without team orders the gap between them would be a mere 18 points - about 8 points in old money - after 13 races. (There were a few other dodgy moves but I don't mind them.) But even this fails to take into account that Alonso is clearly the number 1 driver - we all know from 2007 what effect that feeling can have on the teammates' psychology, and perhaps also in the direction of development of the car.

I still think that throughout Alonso's career he's had difficulty staying focused when paired with a quick (quickish in Massa's case) teammate. This season just reinforces that view in my mind. Renault have said it, McLaren have said it, and now at Ferrari he seems to be making a lot of uncharacteristic errors.

And another thought about his errors: he won his titles, and got a reputation for consistency, by driving slowly and waiting for Kimi to crash whereas now he actually has to push.

[/biased bigoted post] :P

You can't be a great/good driver and become mediocre. You will always keep the abilty and talent. What might happen is loss of motivation etc etc

Talent and ability are zero-rated in F1 - performance is the measure by which you are judged.

To the KIMI bashers, remember the wild rides he took in his McLaren while handily leading many races and the car decided to come apart on him at the worst moment. This happened multiple times to him but not his team mate. He still ran hard and won many races after these but not many drivers would do well after so many bad offs caused by the vehicle. I am not a hard fan of his, but he has always marched to different drummer than the rest, so it is no surprise he is doing something new and different, and as I said before, top level WRC is a bigger rush than running F1, it just does not pay as much $$$. If he comes back to F1, he has said it must be a competitive ride, not something to run around in the mid-pack.

subie, I think he's getting 9-10 million from Citroen this year. Not sure what currency that's in, but that's pretty good for a first year driver in WRC in the junior team. He's got talent and speed, the question is will his inexperience kill the fun in time. He's crashed alot this year, but also has been just as fast as Loeb.

You're right about his McLaren days. 2005 was amazing for me. The amount of times he had to take a 10 grid slot penalty and then still come from the back to podium or win was amazing. Or the times he was out front leading and his car packs it in. I don't think I'm wrong to say most people thought he should have been WDC in 2005 if not for his car crapping out. And he very nearly won it in 2003 too. Being a 3x time WDC I know would probably have changed peoples perceptions of him, but there's still alot of nice memories there.

Kimi's his own guy, and I often enjoyed how he did things his way. Going to a friends yacht in Monaco still in his overalls was priceless. Being smart and getting out of the rain, while eating an icecream, was pure brilliance. His taking a s*ht comment in Brazil was gold too. But you know the thing I liked most about Kimi, he just didn't bitch or whine about anything. And with all his car failures and other things like Lewis Running into the back of him in Canada, we never saw him bitching like other drivers often do. That shows a person who is happy and content in their life, and of someone who is able to accept that not all things will go your way.

However, I am not sure it can be categorically stated that this year's Ferrari is better compartively than last year's car.

I think we can say safely claim that this year's Ferrari is better because they've had 1-2 finishes this year.

And let's face it, Kimi even sucks at rallying!!! Kubica, who races rally just as a hobby has just won a rally race! Neener neener!!

Do you even know what class of rallying Kubica took part in? Kimi is fighting against reigning and former world champions in rallying. He still beats guys who have been there for more than 5 years.

Do you even know what class of rallying Kubica took part in? Kimi is fighting against reigning and former world champions in rallying. He still beats guys who have been there for more than 5 years.

:lol: you are falling for the trap....

To the KIMI bashers, remember the wild rides he took in his McLaren while handily leading many races and the car decided to come apart on him at the worst moment. This happened multiple times to him but not his team mate. He still ran hard and won many races after these but not many drivers would do well after so many bad offs caused by the vehicle. I am not a hard fan of his, but he has always marched to different drummer than the rest, so it is no surprise he is doing something new and different, and as I said before, top level WRC is a bigger rush than running F1, it just does not pay as much $$$. If he comes back to F1, he has said it must be a competitive ride, not something to run around in the mid-pack.

subie, I think he's getting 9-10 million from Citroen this year. Not sure what currency that's in, but that's pretty good for a first year driver in WRC in the junior team. He's got talent and speed, the question is will his inexperience kill the fun in time. He's crashed alot this year, but also has been just as fast as Loeb.

You're right about his McLaren days. 2005 was amazing for me. The amount of times he had to take a 10 grid slot penalty and then still come from the back to podium or win was amazing. Or the times he was out front leading and his car packs it in. I don't think I'm wrong to say most people thought he should have been WDC in 2005 if not for his car crapping out. And he very nearly won it in 2003 too. Being a 3x time WDC I know would probably have changed peoples perceptions of him, but there's still alot of nice memories there.

Kimi's his own guy, and I often enjoyed how he did things his way. Going to a friends yacht in Monaco still in his overalls was priceless. Being smart and getting out of the rain, while eating an icecream, was pure brilliance. His taking a s*ht comment in Brazil was gold too. But you know the thing I liked most about Kimi, he just didn't bitch or whine about anything. And with all his car failures and other things like Lewis Running into the back of him in Canada, we never saw him bitching like other drivers often do. That shows a person who is happy and content in their life, and of someone who is able to accept that not all things will go your way.

Ah, the memories.

Neither of you are able to balance your positive opinion of Kimi with anything bad. Think about it. That's why your posts are pounced upon (well, by me anyway). If I want to masturbate on memories, I'll visit his website. You constantly hark on about his stunning drives and good years. Let us live in the now. If we are seriously having a discussion about a potential come back, would it not be more relevent to talk about what he was like when he left Ferrari? No? Okay, let's just talk about why we all love him so much then.

Ah, the memories.

Neither of you are able to balance your positive opinion of Kimi with anything bad. Think about it. That's why your posts are pounced upon (well, by me anyway). If I want to masturbate on memories, I'll visit his website. You constantly hark on about his stunning drives and good years. Let us live in the now. If we are seriously having a discussion about a potential come back, would it not be more relevent to talk about what he was like when he left Ferrari? No? Okay, let's just talk about why we all love him so much then.

Time for a new sig Dribs? :P

Time for a new sig Dribs? :P

You think his Brazil '06 drive was not brilliant?

I see what you did there, my dear Adam. But on a serious note, I hope you know that I'm always happy to talk about Michael's faults and of course his current form which has been analysed around these parts probably enough already.

For the record, I'm disappointed by Michael. Not because his car is not good enough but because he's not good enough. He refuses to adapt his driving style to suit the under-steery nature of the Merc and its tyres. He is too resigned about this season. He is putting too much emphasis on next year and what it might bring. Getting on top of Rosberg should have been his priority. If I see one more botched corner exit as he tries to find a balance that's not there, I will throw my shoe at the TV. I hope his apparent relaxed nature is some sort of self assurance of things to come, ie a Merc with 'his' likes catered for and a levelled playing field with 'new to all' tyres.

Heidfeld is no doubt relaying data to Michael, and the news that Pirelli may make one tyre to suit GP2 and F1 will be music to his ears as he thrashes around in a GP2 car over the winter. More than one way to skin a cat, I suppose.

But anyway, this is about Kimi. So come on Kool Monkey, et al. Let's hear your darkest deepest thoughts about Kimi's failings. That's if he has any, of course.

I see what you did there, my dear Adam. But on a serious note, I hope you know that I'm always happy to talk about Michael's faults and of course his current form which has been analysed around these parts probably enough already.

I know dribs - was just fishing - hence the emoticon.;)

Perhaps it should read... 'Brazil '06 - he wasn't always this Sh#t.'

Not quite as snappy, but hey, you can't have everything.

I know dribs - was just fishing - hence the emoticon.;)

Perhaps it should read... 'Brazil '06 - he wasn't always this Sh#t.'

Not quite as snappy, but hey, you can't have everything.

Hmm. How about "Brazil '06, The End, Get on with it f*ck heads. I'll be back to show you how an average bloke with a big chin, creamed it, p!ssed everyone off and got $250m in the bank."?

Hmm. How about "Brazil '06, The End, Get on with it f*ck heads. I'll be back to show you how an average bloke with a big chin, creamed it, p!ssed everyone off and got $250m in the bank."?

"...yet, no matter what, Ralf will always be my brother and that will haunt me until I die" :whistling:

Ah, the memories.

You're right, you seem to be the only one who pounces on anything Kimi. I suggest the go masturbate method, it seems to work for you.

For the record, I'm disappointed by Michael. Not because his car is not good enough but because he's not good enough. He refuses to adapt his driving style to suit the under-steery nature of the Merc and its tyres. He is too resigned about this season. He is putting too much emphasis on next year and what it might bring. Getting on top of Rosberg should have been his priority. If I see one more botched corner exit as he tries to find a balance that's not there, I will throw my shoe at the TV. I hope his apparent relaxed nature is some sort of self assurance of things to come, ie a Merc with 'his' likes catered for and a levelled playing field with 'new to all' tyres.

Heidfeld is no doubt relaying data to Michael, and the news that Pirelli may make one tyre to suit GP2 and F1 will be music to his ears as he thrashes around in a GP2 car over the winter. More than one way to skin a cat, I suppose.

But anyway, this is about Kimi. So come on Kool Monkey, et al. Let's hear your darkest deepest thoughts about Kimi's failings. That's if he has any, of course.

Kimi had many failings. Even this you've failed to pick up on. Kimi fans have been with him in his glory and dark days. But it was then things were not going so well, that for me I appreciated him even more. Show me a case where he criticized his team (Sauber, McLaren, Ferrari). Go and find me one. No doubt you won't be able to since he never acted in that way. This is not meant as a criticism of Button, but I remember back in his BAR days after another car failure just unleashing stuff on his team to the pitwall interviewer. We've seen Alonso act like this as well. I know Hamilton has done it too. To be fair, some other drivers havn't done it either like Heikki, Heidfeld, Rosberg etc. So in that sense Kimi isn't unique about the not complaining bit. But when you then put into context how he should have been 2005 WDC, was very nearly 2003 WDC in the 2002 car which is unprecedented based on how competitive a one year old car was, then you have to have some respect for the guy. There's not too many drivers who lost so many race wins due to car breakdowns. And also his own mistakes at times when leading races. But did we see him acting like an a##hole to his team, other drivers and to the media? I'm still waiting for you to provide evidence of Kimi being critical of his team.

He made mistakes for sure, but all drivers do. You've got your panties pulled so hard up your a##, you actually believe Kimi supporters are blind followers wearing rose tinted glasses. But the reality is you are the one whose view is skewered. I and others here know of Kimi's greatest moments and his not so great moments. You're a fool if you think Kimi was damaged goods when he left Ferrari. The Alonso vs Kimi vs Ferrari situation was down to the $$$ from Santander. Everyone here knows that. And every intelligent person here also knows that last years Ferrari was a total dog. It wasn't until Massa had his accident, that Ferrari seemed to actually listen and give Kimi some attention. So much so, we had Ferrari engineers stating publicly how they were so impressed with Kimi's ability in that car, they were not sure how he was able to get more speed out it than should be possible. Oh but of course you'll harp on about how you actually believe he was "unmotivated", and then try and show his results as proof of that.

Why should I not remember the great times and moments of Kimi's career and one that made me a fan? Again who the f&*k do you think you are to tell me how I should think, and what memories I should remember. Just because I don't dwell on the parts in Kimi's career where he had car failures, driver errors or other things, doesn't make me blind to the fact they happened. It's human nature to think of the good things in life, but you seem to imply I should in fact go all emo and masturbate in dark rooms like you over his "failings". Emo doesn't agree with me, you don't agree with me. I'm not following you around in posts having a go at you, I'm simply responding to being called out by you. For someone who attacks Kimi supporters alot, you seem to pop up quite alot. Time to come out of the closet emo.

"...yet, no matter what, Ralf will always be my brother and that will haunt me until I die" :whistling:

Sounds good to me.:D

Kimi is a fast driver and was a quick driver in F1 with some great moments on and off track, at least when he felt like the team was behind him (..which I think at Ferrari he didn't feel like they were, okay that is half his fault too but still..). Also, the change of tyres didn't help him either, as with a lot of other drivers, which is probably why he struggled a bit with Massa. In the end, he got a championship and that's probably what he deserved.

It wasn't until Massa had his accident, that Ferrari seemed to actually listen and give Kimi some attention.

Thats a very valid argument. You can check on how Kimi remained on podium from right after Massa's accident to 1 or 2 races after Ferrari stopped developing the 2009 car.

You're right, you seem to be the only one who pounces on anything Kimi. I suggest the go masturbate method, it seems to work for you.

Kimi had many failings. Even this you've failed to pick up on. Kimi fans have been with him in his glory and dark days. But it was then things were not going so well, that for me I appreciated him even more. Show me a case where he criticized his team (Sauber, McLaren, Ferrari). Go and find me one. No doubt you won't be able to since he never acted in that way. This is not meant as a criticism of Button, but I remember back in his BAR days after another car failure just unleashing stuff on his team to the pitwall interviewer. We've seen Alonso act like this as well. I know Hamilton has done it too. To be fair, some other drivers havn't done it either like Heikki, Heidfeld, Rosberg etc. So in that sense Kimi isn't unique about the not complaining bit. But when you then put into context how he should have been 2005 WDC, was very nearly 2003 WDC in the 2002 car which is unprecedented based on how competitive a one year old car was, then you have to have some respect for the guy. There's not too many drivers who lost so many race wins due to car breakdowns. And also his own mistakes at times when leading races. But did we see him acting like an a##hole to his team, other drivers and to the media? I'm still waiting for you to provide evidence of Kimi being critical of his team.

He made mistakes for sure, but all drivers do. You've got your panties pulled so hard up your a##, you actually believe Kimi supporters are blind followers wearing rose tinted glasses. But the reality is you are the one whose view is skewered. I and others here know of Kimi's greatest moments and his not so great moments. You're a fool if you think Kimi was damaged goods when he left Ferrari. The Alonso vs Kimi vs Ferrari situation was down to the $$$ from Santander. Everyone here knows that. And every intelligent person here also knows that last years Ferrari was a total dog. It wasn't until Massa had his accident, that Ferrari seemed to actually listen and give Kimi some attention. So much so, we had Ferrari engineers stating publicly how they were so impressed with Kimi's ability in that car, they were not sure how he was able to get more speed out it than should be possible. Oh but of course you'll harp on about how you actually believe he was "unmotivated", and then try and show his results as proof of that.

Why should I not remember the great times and moments of Kimi's career and one that made me a fan? Again who the f&*k do you think you are to tell me how I should think, and what memories I should remember. Just because I don't dwell on the parts in Kimi's career where he had car failures, driver errors or other things, doesn't make me blind to the fact they happened. It's human nature to think of the good things in life, but you seem to imply I should in fact go all emo and masturbate in dark rooms like you over his "failings". Emo doesn't agree with me, you don't agree with me. I'm not following you around in posts having a go at you, I'm simply responding to being called out by you. For someone who attacks Kimi supporters alot, you seem to pop up quite alot. Time to come out of the closet emo.

The one inescapable fact about Kimi that you never seem to want to talk about is how he changed as a driver from being exciting and unmatched by his team mates to being dull witted and owned by Massa. For this alone he was dropped by Ferrari. Why won't you talk about this and give your account of why it happened? Instead I have three fat paragraphs STILL of why you love him so much and pathetic personal jibes at me.

I guess that's finally it, then. Enrique Bernoldi's not coming back, is he? Gosh, if they had used today's system back then, he would have had 8 points over his two seasons! Surely that would have been enough to get him Schumacher's seat in 2003. And I bet he would have stayed at Ferrari through 2004 (winning two titles), moved to Renault in 2005 (winning the title), back to Ferrari through 2008 (winning three titles), to Brawn in 2009 (winning the title), and to Red Bull for 2010 (he'd be leading right now). Well on his way to his eighth WDC dammit! If only the rules were different, and his competitors were different, and he was with a different team, and he was a totally different driver, and Felipe Massa hadn't outscored Kimi Räikkönen over their time as teammates.

So if Kimi's gone from F1 & certainly won't survive much longer in WRC then his career is gone down the drain!

What goes down the drain must come out somewhere, though, and that's often NASCAR. The cars, the food, the women...they beckon, Kimi, they beckon.

I guess that's finally it, then. Enrique Bernoldi's not coming back, is he? Gosh, if they had used today's system back then, he would have had 8 points over his two seasons! Surely that would have been enough to get him Schumacher's seat in 2003. And I bet he would have stayed at Ferrari through 2004 (winning two titles), moved to Renault in 2005 (winning the title), back to Ferrari through 2008 (winning three titles), to Brawn in 2009 (winning the title), and to Red Bull for 2010 (he'd be leading right now). Well on his way to his eighth WDC dammit! If only the rules were different, and his competitors were different, and he was with a different team, and he was a totally different driver, and Felipe Massa hadn't outscored Kimi Räikkönen over their time as teammates.

What goes down the drain must come out somewhere, though, and that's often NASCAR. The cars, the food, the women...they beckon, Kimi, they beckon.

If you are Pucky, then I am Tilikum.