Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

I Guess That'S Finally It Then... Kimi Gone For Good :(

not a question of not happening...IT IS

Do you have any confirmation?

In any case those are GREAT news! Not a moment too soon! Personally, I couldn't be more happy as Kimi at Renault is like a dream come true. You could not take F1 seriously if the fastest man on Earth was not racing there. He would have been 3x WDC if it weren't for some bad luck with the cars. And now he has the chance to shine with Renault.

KIMI FTW!!!

Do you have any confirmation?

about his divorce? yes, been going on for ages, heard it thru a friend who knows his wife.... I think they'll settle soon..

nah Andres, I'm doing some fine tuning with the energy in the universe and tweaking it for a hopeful positive outcome :D

In any case those are GREAT news! Not a moment too soon! Personally, I couldn't be more happy as Kimi at Renault is like a dream come true. You could not take F1 seriously if the fastest man on Earth was not racing there. He would have been 3x WDC if it weren't for some bad luck with the cars. And now he has the chance to shine with Renault.

KIMI FTW!!!

I don't know when you're serious in this thread or not :lol:

There is nothing in Kimi that one can hate, but its some of his fans...for example 'You' who does everything to grab the wrong attention and annoy everyone out here and get him hated.

Oh Kimi is this, Kimi is that blah blah....we all know how good and bad he is...He is a human after all....the world's greatest driver is getting trashed by his team mate.

As a fan ok Kimi, I raise a glass about his news on possible return.....and I am showing my thumbs down for overhyping...

I know that my post is not going to stop you workshiping him and performing human sacrifices anyways.

Bye.

Turn it up. I may be a fan, but the person you're describing isn't me. There are plenty of Kimi fans on here, yet you've seemed to describe everything everyone has said and attributed it to me alone.

I don't worship Kimi, but I'm not scared to say I like him and support him. Convenient you leave out all the personal attacks against me, yet claim I've done things to seek attention. So that must mean you condone the name calling, and bulls##t that's been hurled in my direction simply because I support a driver that many others do as well. I havn't done anything differently here compared with others fans and the drivers they support. If I'm a Kimi fan, I don't mind talking about him. That's no different than Alonsos fans, Hamiltons fans and Petrov's three fans etc.

Being a fan of any driver puts you in the firing line for some stick.

I took hella stick for supporting Jenson. Before his first win, after his first win. Even when he won the title.

I gave as good as I got, I ranted at times. But I didn't moan once about it. Have to take the bad with the good and get on with it.

I want to ask Kool Monkey a couple of genuine questions.

1. Whats your name?

2. How does it make you feel when Kimi screws up? When he makes a move thats illegal or stupid?

3. How does it make you feel when he makes a genius move and wins?

I'll explain when or if Kool Monkey answers.

Turun Sanomat, a Finnish newspaper close to Kimi, reports that Kimi's management team has admitted to them to being in contact with Renault "in order to keep all the options open for next year and to find out what the situation at Renault is". The most likely option, nevertheless, is for Kimi to continue in WRC next year. They do rule out Nascar though ;).

For those speaking Finnish:

http://www.ts.fi/f1/...set/159954.html

... and Petrov's three fans etc.

Other Petrov fans is to be coming here and joining myself! Yaaa!

Oh bollocks, I only do it 3 times.

:lol:

Does it count if I'm looking at my wife but thinking of Kimi?

Being a fan of any driver puts you in the firing line for some stick.

I took hella stick for supporting Jenson. Before his first win, after his first win. Even when he won the title.

I gave as good as I got, I ranted at times. But I didn't moan once about it. Have to take the bad with the good and get on with it.

I want to ask Kool Monkey a couple of genuine questions.

1. Whats your name?

2. How does it make you feel when Kimi screws up? When he makes a move thats illegal or stupid?

3. How does it make you feel when he makes a genius move and wins?

I'll explain when or if Kool Monkey answers.

No need for any secrecy, I can answer those perfectly well here.

1. My name is Edward

2. I feel annoyed when Kimi screws up, but also realise that you've got to take the good with the bad. That's how he is. He's an all or nothing driver, and had he taken Alonso's slow and steady approach for sure he would have won more races. But that's why I like him, because he's a unique character. Thinking back on illegal or stupid things, the only thing I can think off was him running wide at Spa last year. But so many other drivers have done it before, that I don't feel deeming it illegal is warranted. I'm not sure what the alternative could have been on that occasion. Should he have stood his ground, turned into another car and wrecked both their races? People only mention him going wide at Spa as trying to show it was premeditated or an illegal move when it was a racing incident. He took evasive action to avoid being hit. I think they've changed the rules a little bit now, and some circuits enforce it more than others, but he's never been involved in any controversy when it comes to driver etiquette or not being upfront and honest.

Kimi's shunt into Sutil at Monaco is another instance. But again that was a racing incident and not much different, apart from the speed, than when Hamilton smashed into Kimi at Montreal when he was waiting for the pitlane to open. In fact I'd have to say Hamilton's one was worse in the sense because there was a red light and Kimi was stationary.

There's two other instances as well that more make me sad in terms of lost race wins. I think it was Hungary wasn't it? where Button got his first win. Kimi was leading, came up behind a back marker, and was looking at his steering wheel changing settings, and smashed bigtime into the back marker. He admitted as such afterwards, but I was sad as a fan and for him as it was a lost race win. The other was Spa 2008, so close. The dueling with Hamilton was epic. I was thinking at that time Kimi needed to slowdown a tad, and he might have got another win. There are other instances like Nurburgring 2005 having his tyre blowout on the last lap.

But in terms of illegal illegal things, I don't recall Kimi ever doing anything of that nature. Silly things, or lapses of judgement, you can see a few above, but there wasn't a great amount of those. A coming together between him and Monty maybe might make the list perhaps.

3) I feel great when he does something great, wins a race or a genius move. I want to see more, I'm cheering him on shouting at the tv screen. What fan wouldn't. A fan is allowed to like a driver, be annoyed at a driver, but I think you stop becoming a fan when you start hating a driver and I've never hated Kimi.

I feel annoyed when Kimi screws up, but also realise that you've got to take the good with the bad. That's how he is. He's an all or nothing driver, and had he taken Alonso's slow and steady approach for sure he would have won more races. But that's why I like him, because he's a unique character. Thinking back on illegal or stupid things, the only thing I can think off was him running wide at Spa last year. But so many other drivers have done it before, that I don't feel deeming it illegal is warranted. I'm not sure what the alternative could have been on that occasion. Should he have stood his ground, turned into another car and wrecked both their races? People only mention him going wide at Spa as trying to show it was premeditated or an illegal move when it was a racing incident. He took evasive action to avoid being hit. I think they've changed the rules a little bit now, and some circuits enforce it more than others, but he's never been involved in any controversy when it comes to driver etiquette or not being upfront and honest.

Why should it be perceived illegal or stupid when it was agreed at a driver's meeting the previous evening that they can use the run-off area to that effect?

Turun Sanomat, a Finnish newspaper close to Kimi, reports that Kimi's management team has admitted to them to being in contact with Renault "in order to keep all the options open for next year and to find out what the situation at Renault is". The most likely option, nevertheless, is for Kimi to continue in WRC next year. They do rule out Nascar though ;).

For those speaking Finnish:

http://www.ts.fi/f1/...set/159954.html

Renault is playing self promotion game. I were Kimi, I would not consider them as serious possibility. Someone that missuses trust and confidentiallity of negotiations is not worth further attention. Mercedes or RedBull might have seat next year, so I would focus on those two teams. [Mercedes - if Schumi retires again. RedBull - if Webber does not win title.]

Renault is playing self promotion game. I were Kimi, I would not consider them as serious possibility. Someone that missuses trust and confidentiallity of negotiations is not worth further attention. Mercedes or RedBull might have seat next year, so I would focus on those two teams. [Mercedes - if Schumi retires again. RedBull - if Webber does not win title.]

read between the lines.... They can't do what they want to for 2011 without a driver like Kimi...

http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/352893/Renault_Were_ready_to_deliver/

Other Petrov fans is to be coming here and joining myself! Yaaa!

:lol:

Does it count if I'm looking at my wife but thinking of Kimi?

Absolutely. I agree with the notion that wives should never surprise their husbands in the bedroom, as it doesn't give us chance to think of anyone :whistling:

This sounds like the Cat, Lister and Wilma Flintstone conversation in Red Dwarf :lol:

Still discussing about Kimi this or Kimi that? Really?

@Brad, you are reading way too much between those lines. You still need to explain how a driver that was obviously overpaid by the end of last year would be a driver anybody would be in much of a hurry to hire. Specially Renault, as Gerard Lopez soon found that his partnerships with internet-related companies and such was not such a good strategy when Renault placed all their money in the Skype Banking System. They recon their penises have grown in the past semester, though, but the Renault management is not impressed.

Kimi is making millions for being in a sport were breaking cars is actually an asset. Weren't all you happy for him when he left because "F1 world never suited him and he felt uncomfortable there"? (Homework: somebody look up last year's thread about Kimi leaving F1 and try to find what the Kimim fans had to say about this :P) How come it suddenly would be good for him to be back in the salt mines of Formula One?

In short: if he comes back, he will not disprove skeptics like me, but his fans ("Kimi didn't belong in F1"), and he will have to come back for small change as not current F1 nor Renault will be able to pay him the loads of money he is making now, even less so when all you will get is a fast guy with a debatable car development capacity that has been a year out of the sport. Not bad for a driver who will obviously have to settle for being Kubica's Number 2, but I'd rather keep Petrov for that role. It's cheaper, knows the car and the new tracks (will know them, at least, by end of season) and brings his own vodka instead of trying to drink from the fuel hose.

(There, I am sure that after this post this thread will hopefully quiet down without any more controversy :whistling:)

Kimi is making millions for being in a sport were breaking cars is actually an asset. Weren't all you happy for him when he left because "F1 world never suited him and he felt uncomfortable there"? (Homework: somebody look up last year's thread about Kimi leaving F1 and try to find what the Kimim fans had to say about this :P) How come it suddenly would be good for him to be back in the salt mines of Formula One?

Kimi fans said that? I think we all agreed that F1 is way too political and admired him for being his own man, but in my mind F1 still need the guy. He's still one of the best driver's in the field, if not the best.

Kimi fans said that? I think we all agreed that F1 is way too political and admired him for being his own man, but in my mind F1 still need the guy. He's still one of the best driver's in the field, if not the best.

I give you partial credit for that. I don't think F1 "needs" Kimi, we already have more than plenty of former WDCs. That being said, it is true that (as somebody, I think James Allen, pointed out) if one of the RBR drivers wins this year's WDC and Kimi comes back then we will have 6 WDCs and at least two WDC worthy drivers (the remaining RBR driver and Kubica) on the grid. Along with this season the younguns and newcomers will finally be able to say that they will witness an F1 era unlike any other in sports (just like we brag now about having watched the 60s, 70s, 80s)

Still discussing about Kimi this or Kimi that? Really?

@Brad, you are reading way too much between those lines. You still need to explain how a driver that was obviously overpaid by the end of last year would be a driver anybody would be in much of a hurry to hire. Specially Renault, as Gerard Lopez soon found that his partnerships with internet-related companies and such was not such a good strategy when Renault placed all their money in the Skype Banking System. They recon their penises have grown in the past semester, though, but the Renault management is not impressed.

In short: if he comes back, he will not disprove skeptics like me, but his fans ("Kimi didn't belong in F1"), and he will have to come back for small change as not current F1 nor Renault will be able to pay him the loads of money he is making now, even less so when all you will get is a fast guy with a debatable car development capacity that has been a year out of the sport. Not bad for a driver who will obviously have to settle for being Kubica's Number 2, but I'd rather keep Petrov for that role. It's cheaper, knows the car and the new tracks (will know them, at least, by end of season) and brings his own vodka instead of trying to drink from the fuel hose.

(There, I am sure that after this post this thread will hopefully quiet down without any more controversy :whistling:)

You seem to spend an awful lot of time posting about Kimi, then in the same breath asking why other people are still talking about him. The internet's a vast expanse of being able to read and do whatever it is you like. I suggest maybe you do that, as no one is forcing you to read or reply, let alone anyone actually caring that you "don't care".

You'll find in the older threads that the vast majority of fans where sadened at losing Kimi from F1. So don't try to re-write others sentiments and thoughts. People got excited about him Rallying after seeing he wasn't going to be in F1 this year, but from my own experience, I was still hoping he'd come back.

You sound like a jilted lover when it comes to Kimi. And are totally critical of postive remarks and sentiments others say about Kimi. Yes you got your opinion, but it's only that yours. You don't speak for me and I know you don't speak for others. You do supply a good chuckle every now and then. For someone who don't cares about Kimi, you keep popping up in all the right places.

You seem to spend an awful lot of time posting about Kimi, then in the same breath asking why other people are still talking about him. The internet's a vast expanse of being able to read and do whatever it is you like. I suggest maybe you do that, as no one is forcing you to read or reply, let alone anyone actually caring that you "don't care".

You'll find in the older threads that the vast majority of fans where sadened at losing Kimi from F1. So don't try to re-write others sentiments and thoughts. People got excited about him Rallying after seeing he wasn't going to be in F1 this year, but from my own experience, I was still hoping he'd come back.

You sound like a jilted lover when it comes to Kimi. And are totally critical of postive remarks and sentiments others say about Kimi. Yes you got your opinion, but it's only that yours. You don't speak for me and I know you don't speak for others. You do supply a good chuckle every now and then. For someone who don't cares about Kimi, you keep popping up in all the right places.

Whoa! Sense of humor not one of your best assets now, is it? Wrong tree, go bark somewhere else.

Whoa! Sense of humor not one of your best assets now, is it? Wrong tree, go bark somewhere else.

I've spent the past several months lurking on other F1 forums and you know what's missing from alot of then... snide remarks from asshats like yourself. People having fun discussing things, disagreeing but in a cordial manner. You, the best you can do is just put someone down, then get all p**sy because they don't see eye to eye with you. I'm not making posts about aliens, ufos or ghosts here. Nor about politics, abortions or gay marriage. All where talking about is F1 and the drivers who race or have raced. This is supposed to be light hearted. I don't care about your opinion to be honest, but if you fling insults and putdowns in my direction I take notice. You have every right to disagree with anything anyone says, but you have no right to put that person down on a personal level simply because you don't agree with their viewpoint.

I actually prefer the brunette in red suit...yeah...Like her Mexican friend too....yep, the one with the violet tops...

oops...sorry, wrong forum.

I give you partial credit for that. I don't think F1 "needs" Kimi, we already have more than plenty of former WDCs. That being said, it is true that (as somebody, I think James Allen, pointed out) if one of the RBR drivers wins this year's WDC and Kimi comes back then we will have 6 WDCs and at least two WDC worthy drivers (the remaining RBR driver and Kubica) on the grid. Along with this season the younguns and newcomers will finally be able to say that they will witness an F1 era unlike any other in sports (just like we brag now about having watched the 60s, 70s, 80s)

Yes, as one of the most natural gifted drivers, it needs him. I guess 'm talking about talent, and the ability to compete with the best....

I've spent the past several months lurking on other F1 forums and you know what's missing from alot of then... snide remarks from asshats like yourself. People having fun discussing things, disagreeing but in a cordial manner. You, the best you can do is just put someone down, then get all p**sy because they don't see eye to eye with you. I'm not making posts about aliens, ufos or ghosts here. Nor about politics, abortions or gay marriage. All where talking about is F1 and the drivers who race or have raced. This is supposed to be light hearted. I don't care about your opinion to be honest, but if you fling insults and putdowns in my direction I take notice. You have every right to disagree with anything anyone says, but you have no right to put that person down on a personal level simply because you don't agree with their viewpoint.

Oh, dear...

I didn't fling any insult at you and I could hardly put anything down on a personal level with you as, should you have bothered to read my posts with any kind common sense, you would have noticed that I am largely ignoring you or whatever are you discussing with so much heat. All I am doing is taking a light hearted p**s at Brad, who, being probably as passionate as you are about Kimi, is both a guy with a great sense of humor and certainly not paranoid. He knows I am by no means a Kimi hater (as everybody here told you a billion times, is hard to find something as a "Kimi hater" the same way that it is impossible to find a "Button hater", the guys just simply do not raise that kind of emotional response)

You could do a good Lewis/Alonso fan, though, I can offer you a place in our ranks.

And yes, now you can say that I got personal with you and quote this post to back your claims. I hope you also include this post of yours as a proof on how to go blindly attacking whoever posts in this thread.

All this making your comment about this thread "supposed to be light hearted" even more incongruent as it is light hearted for anybody except yourself who seem to be on a personal crusade against who know what, for frankly, my dear, we don't give a damn. ;)