Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

I Guess That'S Finally It Then... Kimi Gone For Good :(

Sadam you tease lol. Not getting any hopes up, but I think it's more positive than negative so that is nice to see.

Saw this the other day and didn't get around to sharing it:

http://www.f1complete.com/2010-news/18400-boullier-seeks-to-know-raikkonens-motivation-for-f1-return

"It could be a scenario if we decide not to keep Vitaly. "What is certain is that if we decide to go back into talks with Raikkonen, I want to meet him to really assess the true motivation for his return," added Boullier, amid reports the 30-year-old Finn is primarily looking to replace his Ferrari income that is soon to end.

I think the Autosport article you linked Sadam is probably the same one, just reported in more detail or from a different angle. But it does show there seems to be, and I'll tread lightly, but there seems to be some genuine fire here rather than just smoke. Petrov is a gonner regardless if Kimi replaces him.

Heck, give Klein the seat. Can't remember where I read it (maybe James Allen?), but one comment I recall about Klein was saying that in one drive, he pretty much has killed Senna's F1 for good. That's quite a statement and achievement too. It's sad for Klein though if he doesn't get a drive. I recall Ant getting a drive when someone was injured and his car failed him after only a few laps. So many what ifs really if things had turned out better.

Fingers crossed for Kimi. If he does come back, I'd like to see him loose 15lbs and get a haircut. I'm not too much into the skaterboi Kimi, and would rather have the short crew iceman back. I wonder what his wifes thinks of his look now? are they even still married?

Sadam you tease lol. ......

....... back, I'd like to see him loose 15lbs and get a haircut. I'm not too much into the skaterboi Kimi, and would rather have the short crew iceman back. I wonder what his wifes thinks of his look now? are they even still married?

Lol.Never quite kept tabs on Kimi's wife or his marriage. laugh.gif

http://www.totalf1.c...with_Raikkonen/

Muahahahhahah

Keep your fingers crossed guys. Haters Beware. tongue.gif

After Boulier's comment, I think the ball is now in Kimi's court.

I really don't think Kimi is even interested in returning to F1. Helmut Marko was interviewed by the Finnish F1 broadcaster over the weekend and, according to him, when it became clear that Kimi won't be driving for Ferrari anymore, they were interested in getting Kimi to drive for Red Bull in F1, but Kimi insisted on rallying so they made a rallying deal with him. I don't see anything that would have changed in Kimi's mindset on this matter during the past year (Red Bull, on the other hand, does not feel it is getting the exposure it was expecting from the Kimi+rally combo and might pull the plug on Kimi's rallying for next year).

Also, everything that I hear from Renault, apart from Boullier's public comments, suggest that Petrov will drive for them next year as well. This was confirmed, for example, by Turun Sanomat, who is typically a very reliable source on matters related to Kimi.

Kimi has always been quick, i just hope that if he does come to Renault he gives it a go. I don't think that he'll waste him time coming back for nothing

Renault is just BSing and attracting some media time and attention to their brand. It would be stupid for Kimi to play this public game. Kimi would be better off without this kind of team.

There's a few more on here who seem to hate Kimi, but then claim they don't :eusa_think: I find it ironic that the people who hate claim they don't hate Kimi, attack with venom his supporters. That's an action of displeasure and intolerance, and can be viewed as hateful by some.

Indeed, it is quite clear that criticizing Kimi for incompetence and apathy is a hate crime. In fact it is positively genocidal. Parallels to Hitler can quite clearly be drawn, and we should make laws to stop such warranted criticism.

I don't hate Kimi. I don't care about him. I have little interest in a crash prone second rate WRC driver who desperately wants to be the next pay driver in F1.

Renault is just BSing and attracting some media time and attention to their brand. It would be stupid for Kimi to play this public game. Kimi would be better off without this kind of team.

if renault are BSing, Kimi's management can't be BSing. Both parties have reciprocated on the issue which means it ain't BS. Can't be. At least not anymore.

Indeed, it is quite clear that criticizing Kimi for incompetence and apathy is a hate crime. In fact it is positively genocidal. Parallels to Hitler can quite clearly be drawn, and we should make laws to stop such warranted criticism.

I don't hate Kimi. I don't care about him. I have little interest in a crash prone second rate WRC driver who desperately wants to be the next pay driver in F1.

The irony here is, you're still posting time and again on this topic. yawn.gif

Personally I feel Kimi's glory in F1 has came and gone, and any of his fans expecting him to come back and return to his former best whilst he was driving for McLaren will be very disappointed.

Personally I feel Kimi's glory in F1 has came and gone, and any of his fans expecting him to come back and return to his former best whilst he was driving for McLaren will be very disappointed.

Sadly, you're probably right. But that doesn't stop people from still wanting him to see him back in F1 again. Look at Schumi's year, it's been a disaster. I've never liked the guy, but I'm happy he's back and hope he doesn't get the chop by next year.

As I've said previously, I'm all for Petrov staying actually. I feel no emotion to him really, I think he's doing a decent job considering the stupid rules regarding testing. But, we cannot keep bringing the same guys back. Someday Alonso, Schumi, etc, will have retired. As in no longer racing. Tragic I know, but I guess I should break the news to some people now so they can stock up on the tissues.

Kobayashi, Petrov, Hulkenberg, etc, ARE the future of Formula One. Sure, they may not be as good as Kimi was currently, but who's to say they won't be even better than he was in future years? None of us know that. You can laugh all you like at that statement, but it's true. F1 can't keep repackaging the same guys. I'd rather see Petrov get a second year and see him improve over somebody who wasn't enjoying F1 as much as when he started (FACT, that's what he's said) and has had his moment of fame in F1.

Oh, but of course, if they don't hire Kimi it's clearly the wrong decision. :rolleyes:

Come on. He's a rookie. You expected him to take on Kubica? Hate to break it to you, but GP2 cars and F1 cars have a huge performance gap, and without testing, being a rookie is supremely challenging. Hülkenberg hasn't impressed, either, but deserves another year. Look at Sutil or Massa for examples of what happens when patience (and perhaps some money) is involved.

As for Petrov's millions, well, they're all made up. Petrov provides funding, but not to the extent some want to believe. He's earned another go and comes at a lower price (or even a negative one) than Kimi, who, after a year away, isn't a sure-shot to be that good, either.

JHS got in just before me, so, I'll agree with what he's saying. The world moves on. People get old, go away. New ones come. Same with institutions, ideas, whatever. C'est la vie. And if "la vie" is centered around Kimi or F1, well, it's time to diversify your interests. I suggest going out on weekends and making a bad dating video.

Besides, I'd say Petrov's probably a better option commerically too. It opens up the whole Russian fan base. I think it's important to have a Russian in F1, but the guy's deserved it anyway.

How little you know of Soviet Russia! There are no industries there to attract to F1, and fans can only watch F1 when ordered.

In all seriousness, yes, Lada only joined because of Petrov, and perhaps the government could do a "subsidy of the week" sponsorship program where they alternate state-run businesses on a race-to-race basis.

;)

How little you know of Soviet Russia! There are no industries there to attract to F1, and fans can only watch F1 when ordered.

In all seriousness, yes, Lada only joined because of Petrov, and perhaps the government could do a "subsidy of the week" sponsorship program where they alternate state-run businesses race-to-race basis.

;)

Ok, enough of your borscht-hater rant, you liberal-greedy-decadent-pig-skype-customer capitalist! Just for your information, we the people of the Soviet Union, through proper application of the doctrines from Marx, Lenin and Stephen Colbert have a much better industry than you and your hip hop ridden country. We can make the strongest tractors in the world, tractors not even Kimi could break. True, we may have to make some sacrifices to ensure the success of our revolution (for example, only members of the Communist Party get Kool Tools in the Soviet's Batracer Games for the Communist Youth).

On the other hand, unlike your pitiful USF1 flop, Petrov is a hero of the working class here. Even more so, every one of his poionts is shared with the people, not greedily kept like that guy who steals from the poor to save all his points in a Santander's Bank safe box. Thanks to Vitaly Obamovich Petrov, I am now the happy owner of 0,0000000000000000008574 of an F1 point, worth 85,695,436.88 rubles or, roughly, a billionth of an old italian lyra. My family can finally afford to apply for a 15 year government loan to buy a happy meal at Moscow's Mc Donalds.

As for rookie drivers, yes, they need years to develop their skills, no team was better than Minardi at that, BTW. Where would drivers like Alonso, Webber, Trulli or even Fisico be if not for Minardi? Where would drivers like Shinji Nakano, Baumgartner, Yoong, Mazzacane be if not for Minardi? Where are they, actually? Who cares?

I think I made my point clear.

:lol:

I think the reason you don't enjoy the forums as much anymore is simply because you don't get to look forward to reading Quiet One's posts. Good stuff. If only this thread were nine pages of that and not of Kimi...;)

Ok, enough of your borscht-hater rant, you liberal-greedy-decadent-pig-skype-customer capitalist! Just for your information, we the people of the Soviet Union, through proper application of the doctrines from Marx, Lenin and Stephen Colbert have a much better industry than you and your hip hop ridden country. We can make the strongest tractors in the world, tractors not even Kimi could break. True, we may have to make some sacrifices to ensure the success of our revolution (for example, only members of the Communist Party get Kool Tools in the Soviet's Batracer Games for the Communist Youth).

On the other hand, unlike your pitiful USF1 flop, Petrov is a hero of the working class here. Even more so, every one of his poionts is shared with the people, not greedily kept like that guy who steals from the poor to save all his points in a Santander's Bank safe box. Thanks to Vitaly Obamovich Petrov, I am now the happy owner of 0,0000000000000000008574 of an F1 point, worth 85,695,436.88 rubles or, roughly, a billionth of an old italian lyra. My family can finally afford to apply for a 15 year government loan to buy a happy meal at Moscow's Mc Donalds.

As for rookie drivers, yes, they need years to develop their skills, no team was better than Minardi at that, BTW. Where would drivers like Alonso, Webber, Trulli or even Fisico be if not for Minardi? Where would drivers like Shinji Nakano, Baumgartner, Yoong, Mazzacane be if not for Minardi? Where are they, actually? Who cares?

I think I made my point clear.

lol. This post had some funny bits. Lets not get into the capitalism vs. communism debate. But about the Minardi comment, Fisichella?! FISICHELLA?! You can't put him in the same league as Alonso and Webber. Even Trulli isn't as good but Fisichella is somebody we don't miss much. The poor guy was usually 2 seconds a lap slower than Kimi at Ferrari.

Its funny how ppl intentionally or unintentionally tend to divert a post thread from its topic, especially when the main topic is related to Kimi. laugh.giftongue.gif

Oh it's all intentional Sadam. Just like all the posts about how people are sick of Kimi, and others talking about him, yet continue to post their disapproval. The best ones are from people saying how fed up they are, that other people still discuss Kimi, procede to call everyone idiots, then when that doesn't work, say how boring it all is. It's comical, as it shows even if you hate him, you still care about Kimi enough to post in a thread.