Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

I Guess That'S Finally It Then... Kimi Gone For Good :(

Renault has commented now. Incredible, we haven't seen such poor professionalism from a driver since the Button contract saga, obviouslhy another good reason to not want to sign Raikkonen for all other teams.

Renault has commented now. Incredible, we haven't seen such poor professionalism from a driver since the Button contract saga, obviouslhy another good reason to not want to sign Raikkonen for all other teams.

poor professionalism??? Are you eating marijuana cupcakes???????????????????????

thanks for the concern about Kimi again... you keep proving us right

What I don't get is this "Renault did it to attract some media/sponsors attention". Their sponsors are coming from Petrov side (they just added a Vodka company) so what would be the point of waving Kimi's name, except to scare all the "Gold from Moscow" away?

The whole story does not make much sense, I think this is all just the silly season being silly. My guess is that Kimi is gone for good or maybe back on a RBR some of these days when they can get rid of Webber (even if he wins the WDC) and Renault will either keep Petrov or get Sutil.

read this, and wise up abit...

Under the ownership of Genii Capital, Renault has been busy regrouping this year and starting to rebuild the team around Robert Kubica who has signed up to teh programme until the end of the 2012 season.

The British-based team has yet to decide who will occupy the second seat at the team next year, but Kubica himself is disappointed it’s not former champion Kimi Raikkonen who this week ruled out a return to F1 with the team.

"I'm surprised because I thought personally that there was a chance," Reuters reports Kubica as saying. "Apparently it wasn't the case. What he says is completely different to what I think the overall picture was looking

"I'm a bit disappointed," he continued. "If there was a chance I would be very pleased to race with him together in the team as he is a great driver. To have a world champion team-mate would be really good and I think what Renault needs as well."

Even Kubica has more repect than you

Lol. Rather, I doubt any (top) driver will want to even approach Renault anymore, as it's clear that Renault will go public as soon as managers wave hands in their direction. There is a certain level of confidentiality that is assumed from both parties in these things and Renault obviously does not realize this. Like many here commented already a long time ago, it always seemed like Renault is just hyping themselves by feeding these rumors, and it was only proper of Kimi to come clean and stop them from using his name and fanbase for their advantage.

Renault's latest comments just make them look even more ridiculous, which is a shame since their racing season has been so good.

This thread is finished....no? Huh? No?

Someone tap Dribbles to officially make the last comment please...and then of course Andre can be cheeky and get the final final word in....

"I'm surprised because I thought personally that there was a chance," Reuters reports Kubica as saying. "Apparently it wasn't the case. What he says is completely different to what I think the overall picture was looking

"I'm a bit disappointed," he continued. "If there was a chance I would be very pleased to race with him together in the team as he is a great driver. To have a world champion team-mate would be really good and I think what Renault needs as well."

Even Kubica has more repect than you

Probably hyping up Kimi so it looks even better when Kubeetza would have thrashed him :P

Lol. Rather, I doubt any (top) driver will want to even approach Renault anymore, as it's clear that Renault will go public as soon as managers wave hands in their direction.

Bah. It's F1, everything leaks. And what bloody difference does it make to Kimi, he's not in F1, and Red Bull have two drivers who are way better than Kimi, they're not going to hire him. No Kimi's problem is his people made the approach and were rebuffed.

But we're having so much fun :( There is a rumour Kimi is going to sign up for the Hysterical Racing Team, he is amenable to a deal where he doesn't just have to get his own sponsors, but build his own car and get out of the car to change his own tires and refuel his car during pit stops. Still beats crashing and humiliating himself in WRC.

Someone tap Dribbles to officially make the last comment please...and then of course Andre can be cheeky and get the final final word in....

and of course Andres's comment will be so provocative as to let us have final rebuttals, which in turn will lead us to have Steve make another official statement, which in turn will force Andres to be cheeky again and lead us to more rebuttals.....

poor professionalism??? Are you eating marijuana cupcakes???????????????????????

thanks for the concern about Kimi again... you keep proving us right

Yes, Kimi Raikkonen is never ever ever in the wrong, is he?

Raikkonen at Renault always seemed really unlikely to me, and to be honest, from what has come out it looks like 1) Raikkonen's management approached Renault to test the water and 2) Renault leaked it and jumped all over it to create publicity ("a WDC contacted us about a drive, this shows our progress this year" etc), which seems pretty stupid to me.

I'm putting everyone who posts from page 12 and beyond on my ignored users list.

Except George.

Because he's already there. ;)

I'm putting everyone who posts from page 12 and beyond on my ignored users list.

Except George.

sincie Eric provided the impetus for further discussion.... :naughty::P Kimi said he won't be racing for Renault next year. He however, did'nt rule out a return to F1. Who could the other team be?

Nokia would be able to pay Santander amount of money to break any existing contract. So any team is an option. Nevertheless, I do not think his comeback to F1 is likely to happen.

Nokia would be able to pay Santander amount of money to break any existing contract. So any team is an option. Nevertheless, I do not think his comeback to F1 is likely to happen.

I always wondered if Nokia actually sponsored him, as they're finish...

Hmmmm ... I get it now. All this while you were keeping people busy so they don't start a "Kimi to replace Schumacher AGAIN!" thread.naughty.gif

What I don't get is this "Renault did it to attract some media/sponsors attention". Their sponsors are coming from Petrov side (they just added a Vodka company) so what would be the point of waving Kimi's name, except to scare all the "Gold from Moscow" away?

The whole story does not make much sense, I think this is all just the silly season being silly. My guess is that Kimi is gone for good or maybe back on a RBR some of these days when they can get rid of Webber (even if he wins the WDC) and Renault will either keep Petrov or get Sutil.

Sutil, I think. Even the Vodka company is a sponsor only for the remaining races of this season. Beyond that, its "Petrov, goodbye."

Lol. Rather, I doubt any (top) driver will want to even approach Renault anymore, as it's clear that Renault will go public as soon as managers wave hands in their direction. There is a certain level of confidentiality that is assumed from both parties in these things and Renault obviously does not realize this. Like many here commented already a long time ago, it always seemed like Renault is just hyping themselves by feeding these rumors, and it was only proper of Kimi to come clean and stop them from using his name and fanbase for their advantage.

Renault's latest comments just make them look even more ridiculous, which is a shame since their racing season has been so good.

They've damaged their own reputation. But i guess they don't care bcz they have Kubica till 2012, and they're building a team around him cuz they can't afford an expensive driver. They're lucky to have Kubica.

But we're having so much fun :( There is a rumour Kimi is going to sign up for the Hysterical Racing Team, he is amenable to a deal where he doesn't just have to get his own sponsors, but build his own car and get out of the car to change his own tires and refuel his car during pit stops. Still beats crashing and humiliating himself in WRC.

Thanks for another cheap shot in a Kimi thread. yawn.gif

Except George.

Go ahead biggrin.gif

I guess Eddie Cheever's finally gone for good now, too. :(

I just can't get into F1 anymore without him. No one matches his racecraft.

Eddie, if you're reading, please come back! You know, Eddie drove an Audi GT3 at the 24 Hours of Spa. Maybe when Audi/Porsche join in 2013 they'll bring Eddie with them. I'm sure ENRON would fund the effort.

I always wondered if Nokia actually sponsored him, as they're finish...

Flavio Briatore tried to convince Nokia to sponsor a Kimi Räikkönen/Heikki Kovalainen combo at Renault in 2007. They declined.

Sutil, I think. Even the Vodka company is a sponsor only for the remaining races of this season. Beyond that, its "Petrov, goodbye."

The fact Lotus are close to a deal with Trulli suggests Petrov isn't getting farmed out, meaning he's staying with the big team. Which is correct. Off-track, he's part horse, and urinates pure vodka. On-track, well, he's been Russia's National Driving Co-Champion (with the rest of the nation) every year since he was born; the world title isn't too far off.

Shoot! such a long post and I still couldn't make it to page 12!!! laugh.gif

:lol: A good effort.

To prove that Kimi's managers contactg anyone and everyone and it doesn't mean a thing, they have now contacted NASA offering to send Kimi on the final space shuttle mission, the sponsorship figures are supposed to be astronomical :D

I'll be here all weekend folks :P

I wish this thread would die the same death that Kimmy's F1 hopes have !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish this thread would die the same death that Kimmy's F1 hopes have !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you tell people about your wishes, they don't come true.

Dumbass!

The thread ends when we stop posting.

We stop posting when the thread ends.

So why fight it?

Here's a ****ty translation of some portions of an article for all of you to enjoy. After all, if Kimi's not going to be in F1 in 2011, well, how about he goes to the pinnacle of American motorsport in 2012?

Where Kimi Räikkönen will race in 2011 is still up in the air, but in 2012, the former Formula 1 World Champion could switch to NASCAR. "NASCAR I find really interesting," said the Finn. "I still remember when Juan Pablo Montoya moved [to NASCAR], and since then, I follow everything he does."

According to NASCAR rumor sites, the transfer is already "official." However, Räikkönen management denies: "It is too early now to say already that Kimi will drive in NASCAR in 2012. We are focused on 2011, since nothing is decided yet," said Steve Robertson.

The rumor states that Räikkönen would take over the Red Bull seat of Kasey Kahne. Kahne himself says: "Kimi comes from Finland, where there are few NASCAR fans. He can make it famous in Finland. He is an amazing champion and always seeks to win."

NASCAR fits even more into the picture, because in the highly commercialized U.S. stock car scene, drivers can make a lot of money.

Scott Speed would welcome the change: "I cannot wait, because he's a great champion and a perfect teammate." Brian Vickers also agrees, "because Kimi is a great consultant; every driver can learn from him." It would be conceivable: Räikkönen goes another year in the 2011 World Rally Championship - and then leaps across the "pond."

The full text is here (albeit in German). If anyone wants to amend my loose translation, please do.

http://www.motorsport-total.com/usracing/news/2010/09/Raeikkoenen_ab_2012_in_der_NASCAR_10091401.html

Finally, though, a Kimi rumor that interests me. ;)

It does make sense, though. Kimi to NASCAR rumors have gone on for a while (since 2009), and the Red Bull link does exist. Kasey Kahne is on loan to Red Bull for 2011 before he gets called back to Hendrick to replace Mark Martin; that leaves an open seat, and Red Bull don't have a driver development program in the U.S. to draft a younger replacement (their only young driver, Cole Whitt, is fantastically gifted, but is far too low on the ladder to be a realistic contender for the seat in 2012). Red Bull have always been open to interesting drivers in NASCAR, too, having fielded Scott Speed and Mattias Ekström despite their inexperience. The comments from Speed, Vickers, Kahne, and Kimi himself do suggest something is being discussed.

The article, of course, is a bit dated, and I haven't heard much from U.S. American news sites about it (not saying they're more credible, but there are a lot more journalists in the U.S. covering NASCAR, obviously, so you'd think a rumor of this magnitude would get some coverage if it were true).

If I had to guess, I'd imagine Red Bull have offered Kimi to do WRC in 2011, and then move to NASCAR in 2012. Now he's just seeing if he can get a crack at F1, and if he can't, perhaps he'll take Red Bull's program.