Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

I Guess That'S Finally It Then... Kimi Gone For Good :(

http://www.totalf1.c...lk_intensifies/

The expectation is drivingme crazy folks. Finally we'll be able to admire the skills of a real racer again.....

too bad williams will be 1 sec slower than red bull, but imagine this : if vettel starts to crash into people again and hamilton manages to keep his crash mojo on massa ( believing he can hurt ex girlfriend by having " hit record " without recording a song ), and petrov on schumacher + kimi who has respect for other drivers and crashes only himself, hmmm............ 2012 season could be a hit

http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/396545/Raikkonen_to_Williams_talk_intensifies/

The expectation is drivingme crazy folks. Finally we'll be able to admire the skills of a real racer again.....

Yeah, good luck with that. I remember feeling the same about Schumacher's return. The difference is, your boy will get distracted by the first sign of an interview that lasts more than eight seconds and he will be driving a sh!tbox at the back of the midfield. He should have carried on f*cking and fishing in Finland.

too bad williams will be 1 sec slower than red bull, but imagine this : if vettel starts to crash into people again and hamilton manages to keep his crash mojo on massa ( believing he can hurt ex girlfriend by having " hit record " without recording a song ), and petrov on schumacher + kimi who has respect for other drivers and crashes only himself, hmmm............ 2012 season could be a hit

:lol:

You said it brother! KIMI KIMI KIMI!

All of us make constant references to gorilla suits, ice creams and Brazillian poo poos. I'm just as guilty as anyone. So maybe it's time for a slightly more serious assesment of Kimi and a quick look at his motivation (assuming he has any! ahem okay, sorry) for coming back.

Williams have a better future than before, but they are not going to be troubling the top step or even the third one anytime soon. So, Kimi knows that winning is not a reality in the short to medium term and yet he still wants to come back. Why?

A few reasons, I'm thinking.

He probably got more pleasure from hauling that Sauber into respectability than we all realise. Surely doing the same with the Williams will give him satisfaction. Indeed, the limelight that came from the Ferrari years never sat comfortably with him, so maybe upper midfield recognition will be enough.

Secondly, he will have read the papers. He knows he has this 'lazy man' image and although he's as carefree as anyone, it must surely bother him slightly. How good would it be to show that he is willing to drive the wheels off something that may only be good enough for a handful of points (just like he did at the start of his career)?. Frank Williams will expect nothing less anyway. On that point, clearly Frank does not question Kimi's ability to do just that.

Thirdly, if Kimi can demonstrate that his mojo is back after a long break, it puts him in contention for better teams. He's still young enough to reignite his F1 career.

I'm really looking forward to see what he can do. I'm not expecting fireworks to start with; it will be a climb whilst he settles back in. But let's face it all joking aside, on his day and when he was hooked up, he was breathtaking and untouchable.

Kimi to Red Bull in 2013, anyone?

All of us make constant references to gorilla suits, ice creams and Brazillian poo poos. I'm just as guilty as anyone. So maybe it's time for a slightly more serious assesment of Kimi and a quick look at his motivation (assuming he has any! ahem okay, sorry) for coming back.

Williams have a better future than before, but they are not going to be troubling the top step or even the third one anytime soon. So, Kimi knows that winning is not a reality in the short to medium term and yet he still wants to come back. Why?

A few reasons, I'm thinking.

He probably got more pleasure from hauling that Sauber into respectability than we all realise. Surely doing the same with the Williams will give him satisfaction. Indeed, the limelight that came from the Ferrari years never sat comfortably with him, so maybe upper midfield recognition will be enough.

Secondly, he will have read the papers. He knows he has this 'lazy man' image and although he's as carefree as anyone, it must surely bother him slightly. How good would it be to show that he is willing to drive the wheels off something that may only be good enough for a handful of points (just like he did at the start of his career)?. Frank Williams will expect nothing less anyway. On that point, clearly Frank does not question Kimi's ability to do just that.

Thirdly, if Kimi can demonstrate that his mojo is back after a long break, it puts him in contention for better teams. He's still young enough to reignite his F1 career.

I'm really looking forward to see what he can do. I'm not expecting fireworks to start with; it will be a climb whilst he settles back in. But let's face it all joking aside, on his day and when he was hooked up, he was breathtaking and untouchable.

Kimi to Red Bull in 2013, anyone?

Great post dribbler. I havn't posted here much this year, but my spidey senses are tingling in the hopes we get Kimi back into F1. Kimi at Ferrari only worked when Todt was around. Once he left, it was becoming evident this wasn't the right group of people backing him.

As for Kimi to RBR, I've personally thought for quite awhile there's a deeper connection between the two. Vettel is a good mate of his, and you just know Mateschitz would love having Kimi in the team as well. And let's not forget Kimi driving the wheels off Newey's cars some years back. RBR are pretty unique when it comes to the varied types of sports and extreme sports they sponsor. Kimi would be a great fit for their brand, and an excellent team mate for Vettel.

I think Webber only signing one year contracts with RBR is significant. Almost as though RBR would offer the seat first to Kimi, then when he passed, Webber would be the next option. Kimi seemed to have the need to try other forms of motorsports. Michael Jordan did it with his baseball stint, before going back to basketball. In a way I've felt that with Kimi coming back to F1, but I will admit alot of it has just been hoping against hope.

Anyway, if it's with Williams for a year to get back into the swing of things, then to RBR or another team the year after, I very much hope we get the chance to see him again in F1.

Williams is going to be a different team next year. I'm not expecting wins or podiums, but I am expecting them to be better than they have these past several years... and maybe just maybe work their way back up to the results of the Ralf and Montoya days.

If Räikkönen is on the grid next year, I'm just going to stop following the sport altogether. I watch one or two races per season and keep up with the rest just to see if there's anything interesting enough to get me to watch, but if Kimi's there, not doing that. Any sport with Kimi Räikkönen is not worth any time.

If Räikkönen is on the grid next year, I'm just going to stop following the sport altogether. I watch one or two races per season and keep up with the rest just to see if there's anything interesting enough to get me to watch, but if Kimi's there, not doing that. Any sport with Kimi Räikkönen is not worth any time.

How dare you :nono1::P

Sorry, Williams is just not going to be *anywhere* near the front until they hire a decent head of their aero dept. Their current Head doesn't seem to be working.

Whether or not Kimi is a brilliant setter-up-of-cars isn't going to matter at all. The best he can do is smoke his teammate and we all expect that anyway, right?

There's no story here, only a worthy World Champion ruining his reputation.

Sorry, Williams is just not going to be *anywhere* near the front until they hire a decent head of their aero dept. Their current Head doesn't seem to be working.

Whether or not Kimi is a brilliant setter-up-of-cars isn't going to matter at all. The best he can do is smoke his teammate and we all expect that anyway, right?

There's no story here, only a worthy World Champion ruining his reputation.

Doesnt matter if Kimi is not near the front and he wont care either as dribbler said. Great post above dribbler. Kimi will smash his team mate and drive that car beyond its capacity, then move to red bull, own Vettel and be world champion again, and when that happens I am going to kiss every person in this forum.

In that case, I'd like to announce I am leaving the forum.

:)

In which case you need to read the small print of the forum rules which says if you leave then *you* have to kiss every member of the forum....

Watch out for Paul though, he uses his tongue..... :D

Every time some idiot (like myself) replies to this thread, Kimi's stock increases. This says much more about the the "attraction" of the sports as it stands today.

We now have slicks back, DRS, Kers and another dominating German champion - YET still the hottest topic on here is as a result of a former driver nobody ever heard of making an unfounded post on TWITter.

Don't get me wrong I though at his very best, he WAS the very fastest. However, that doesn't escape the fact that a mono-syllabic , ice-cream munching, gorilla suit wearing, shumi dumping playboy is still getting so much F1 press.

Doh! - I just answered my own query - it's because all the current drivers are boring (comes free with a good sponsor) pilots !!! - see I am an idiot!

Every time some idiot (like myself) replies to this thread, Kimi's stock increases. This says much more about the the "attraction" of the sports as it stands today.

We now have slicks back, DRS, Kers and another dominating German champion - YET still the hottest topic on here is as a result of a former driver nobody ever heard of making an unfounded post on TWITter.

Don't get me wrong I though at his very best, he WAS the very fastest. However, that doesn't escape the fact that a mono-syllabic , ice-cream munching, gorilla suit wearing, shumi dumping playboy is still getting so much F1 press.

Doh! - I just answered my own query - it's because all the current drivers are boring (comes free with a good sponsor) pilots !!! - see I am an idiot!

LOL DPR, maybe we just have nothing else to talk about, or maybe the attraction of the mono-syllabic assasin is just too much :lol:

In that case, I'd like to announce I am leaving the forum.

:lol: that's exactly what I thought but this means that you think that Kimi is really going to do that. :eusa_think:

:)

In which case you need to read the small print of the forum rules which says if you leave then *you* have to kiss every member of the forum....

Watch out for Paul though, he uses his tongue..... :D

:lol: is that why many people here come and go, then if that's the case can you let Steph know that I am leaving this forum for good?.

Doesnt matter if Kimi is not near the front and he wont care either as dribbler said. Great post above dribbler. Kimi will smash his team mate and drive that car beyond its capacity, then move to red bull, own Vettel and be world champion again, and when that happens I am going to kiss every person in this forum.

Fascinating that you are convinced racing drivers think this way. ALL OF THEM want to be at the front. That's what motivates them. ALL of them. Even the backmarkers.

Fascinating that you are convinced racing drivers think this way. ALL OF THEM want to be at the front. That's what motivates them. ALL of them. Even the backmarkers.

Given the choice, of course he would prefer to be at the front. But the point he is making (and one I support) is that it won't be essential for Kimi to be at the front and will therefore not bother him at this stage.

His return is purely a sales presentation process for potential purchasers in 2013. These buyers are canny enough to know whether he will have performed above and beyond the quality of his steed. For his return year, that's all that's important.

And I disageee that backmarkers are motivated by being at the front; All drivers are realistic. Look at the elation Lotus enjoy when they mix it up with the lower midfield. All success is relative.

Given the choice, of course he would prefer to be at the front. But the point he is making (and one I support) is that it won't be essential for Kimi to be at the front and will therefore not bother him at this stage.

His return is purely a sales presentation process for potential purchasers in 2013. These buyers are canny enough to know whether he will have performed above and beyond the quality of his steed. For his return year, that's all that's important.

And I disageee that backmarkers are motivated by being at the front; All drivers are realistic. Look at the elation Lotus enjoy when they mix it up with the lower midfield. All success is relative.

All success is relative, to a certain degree. In the short term (or short-sight), the backmarkers are satisfied with beating their immediate rivals and teammates. In the long term (or big picture) they are hoping their good performances will lead to a seat in a bigger team where they can fight for race wins. I was ignoring the short term argument, because it's only a stepping stone, and focusing on the big picture. The ultimate goal. To win races. That is the true motivation and your statement about 'potential purchasers in 2013' seems to suggest you agree with me.

I disagree that all drivers are realistic. Every one of them thinks they are the same as Vettel if they only had his car. They are only realistic when reality hits them on the head and even then they fight it tooth-and-nail. (look at Webber..he's finially admitting to himself that Vettel is, in fact, better.....because there is no other conclusion he can draw).

Well that's a bit patronising. Of course they want to be at the front, but Kimi's not an idiot, as joining Williams will prove, and you cant have a long term without short term can you... mate.