Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

I Guess That'S Finally It Then... Kimi Gone For Good :(

I feel sorry for Kubi fans, but I can't see him coming back to F1 anytime soon. Maybe a token drive around the track like Alex Zanardi was able to do after his accident.

However the news in the press about him being ready, then him not being ready and there being no visible signs he's close to be healed should tell you all you need to know. I think the doctors and his managers are engaging in stalling tactics to make it seem like "next week", "soon!". When in reality he may never have proper control of his hand again. If he truly was making progress, we'd see him training, having interviews etc. But all this silence is not good. Renault have been patient, but I guess don't have many good options at the moment. There's simply no way they are going to wait and wait on this.

I'm trying to be realistic here but from almost having your hand severed to flying around an F1 circuit ain't gonna happen in such a short time frame.

Bah, you just say that because we Kubi fans never took Kimi seriously :P

(I fear you might be right, though)

wip-kimi-1.jpg

Dang, he lost weight!

All kidding aside, I think we're going to be in for an exciting few weeks. Things to look out for apart from the obvious Kimi news, is Massa/Rosberg. Along with Rubens I think Massa's days are numbered at Ferrari. However I wouldn't mind him sticking around in a lesser team, STR maybe?

Plus I noticed no one is talking about Webber. We should be. For all the times people say past champions like Hill, JV etc. only won a WDC because they were in the best car at the time... what about Webber then. He's in the best team with the equal best car and hasn't won anything this year. Even Massa and Rubens did better at Ferrari when Schumi was winning.

Anyway, back to Kimi. Bring on Abu Dhabi!!

Sir Frank Williams is completely delusional.

He called Michael Waltrip Racing a top NASCAR team and a great organization.

Sir Frank Williams is completely delusional.

He called Michael Waltrip Racing a top NASCAR team and a great organization.

Wha?????

Was not Michael Waltrip Racing the team that whats-his-face ex-McLaren went to? I remember reading a big article on him in Motorsport about a year ago (or less) about it all.

Wha?????

Was not Michael Waltrip Racing the team that whats-his-face ex-McLaren went to? I remember reading a big article on him in Motorsport about a year ago (or less) about it all.

Coughlan?

Wha?????

Steve Hallam and Mike Coughlan have both worked for MWR. They continue to be the biggest team with the least success in NASCAR, like they always have been. I would argue for the resources, they are the worst team in the entire sport. When you have huge support from NAPA, Aaron's, and Toyota, and you are sitting 22nd and 28th in points with your satellite team 29th...

They also put jet fuel in their engines at Daytona in 2007 because they knew they weren't fast enough to qualify. But they got caught, and such a huge fine, that Michael Waltrip went weeks and weeks with negative points as he continued to DNQ from the races.

Part of the settlement to let Coughlan go to Williams included sending Sir Frank to a NASCAR race.

kimi might just get into one of the Williams and and set the fastest lap and go back to sleep with an inflatable dolphin.

It would be cool to list all Kimi's extra curricular activities. We all know about the Gorilla Suit, the "taking a Sh#t", having an ice cream, heading from his blown McLaren to the yacht. And thanks for reminding me of the inflatable dolphin episode. I'm sure there's more out there in peoples memories as to what hijinx this guy got up to.

Does being a complete disrespectful, self-absorbed, arrogant douchebag in NASCAR count as "lololol Kimi being Kimi," or do we hold him to having some kind of professional standards?

Does being a complete disrespectful, self-absorbed, arrogant douchebag in NASCAR count as "lololol Kimi being Kimi," or do we hold him to having some kind of professional standards?

Professional standards are for corporate, sponsor pleasing weaklings! Kimi rulez!

He should drive for Team AON in the WTCC!

:P

Plus this is interesting, Kimi's official twitter which he hasn't used since 2009, now shows him following (1). And that is WilliamsF1Team :unsure:

OH MY GOODNESS THAT IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOODNESS THAT IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That Kimi knows how to use Twitter?

He actually wanted to use something else, they just thought he said Twitter.

I see what you did there.

I just hate the way the Renault bosses show off whenever Kimi's management contact them. Its almost as if they know they are not worth Riakkonen, and can't believe it when Kimi shows even a casual, half-hearted interest in the team. If you ask me, they dont even deserve Kubica. Just like last year, Eric Boulier is trying to gain some cheap popularity. See for yourself:

“Yes, there has been contact (with Raikkonen),” he told the interviewer. “Look at this call,” added Boullier, holding up his mobile phone. “This was from his manager.”

About time Kimi shows them the finger! ... and shoves a Williams up their a55es for good measure!

Coughlan?

Kimi going to Torro Rosso gives more cred to Kimi ending up at RBR. As for the Renault option I so wish Flav and Pat were in that team (the non cheating versions of themselves of course). The current Renault team heads are pathetic and anything but professional. Heidfeld did not deserve the unkind words they said about him. How on earth can you blame a driver when the car catches fire... twice!! Anyway, Kimi going there would be a disaster for him. Renault/Lotus/WhogivesaSh#t are going to keep falling backwards as time goes on.

I like the idea of Kimi buying into Williams. I hope he pulls it off too. It's commong in Indycar and Nascar to have a driver/owner/partowner team, but in F1 we have to go back decades before we last saw that happen. Even if he doesn't buy into the team, it's clear more people want him back than don't. Heck even Ferrari said nice thing about him!

But he is not racing for Williams next year.

Nor Macca (they have Lewis and Jense)

Nor RBR (they have Vettel and Webber)

Nor Ferrari (they have Alonso and Massa)

If he pop's up anywhere, it would be Lada or Renault or Lotus or whoever the fook they are going to be next year.

Expect Williams to be Sutil and Maldonado next year.

That is all. You may continue your dream now.

:whistling:

Boy, isn't that a shame. Let me tell you it sure would be nice to have him back. I sure do like him. I wish he was back on the grid. I bet he would win a few more World Driving Championships in the pinnacle of motorsport with Williams. This is too bad.