Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

I Guess That'S Finally It Then... Kimi Gone For Good :(

I never knew Kimi was one of Snow Whites dwarves...pity about his split personality though...he really should just settle on one emotion, just like the other 12....

Can't say I am too bothered, he might have shown some speed in a Williams, but his time is passed and he's better than driving a dog of a car.

As for his emotions? I doubt he cares as much as anyone here, and that was always the beauty of it...

I guess it's good and bad. Despite many folks mentions they couldn't give a toss, I suspect alot of people want to see Kimi back in F1. Most hope he'll succeed, other just want another reason to have a go at him.

As for his choices, if the murmurings are to be believe, the Williams option is no longer an option, that leaves Renault. And after last years display of words towards Kimi, I'd be hesitant to say I think it's a good fit. However if he ends up there next year I will be supporting him and happy he's back in F1.

The Kubica factor has turned into a farce. I remember saying right after his accident at the beginning of the year, I very much doubted we'd see him back anytime soon, if ever. Yet his stupid manager and other people close to him have it seems waged a war of misinformation. Rather than just be honest, it was always that Robert was making great progress, and hoped to be in a car before the end of the year, then it was to test, then it was to ... heck I stopped bothering to pay attention at this point. It seems anything related to Kubica has to be taken with a grain of salt. That also brings up a point here. I think that also shows his injuries were just too great to overcome in such a short frame of mind. Thus his managers and PR and even Renault for awhile were all playing the game of saying how well he was not based on his actual recovery at that time, rather their perceived vision of when they thought he'd be ready.

Anyway back to Kimi, go Kimi! Even if you end up in a dog of a car like the Renault, F1 will be a better place for it.

Yeah, but in fairness to Kubica, his managers had to put that sort of stuff out there, otherwise it would very quickly have been "Robert, who?". It has taken a season, but there wouldn't be all that many minds now on Kubica. If he doesn't get in a car in early season testing, be it a 2012 car, or heck, a 2002 car, then it would be fair to say that F1 will never see him back.

Lotus nee Poochie needs to make up their minds, and concentrate on the here and now, with an eye to the future...and a sure eye at that. Not sit around wondering, "will he, won't he". It is applaudable that they have helped him out, but they will have only enough time to wait, and done only what they were contracted to do. They were dumb to let him race in the first place, but, hey, no one has a crystal ball. Except Lance Armstrong, just to keep his balance on a bike.

Kubica will need to prove he is ready in a lower category to have any hope of making it back. And that may take a year or more, so if 2012 is out, then so too 2013, and maybe he makes it back to F1 in 2014, which will be a tough ask for him to break back in by then.

OMG yes!!!!!!! A great day for Kimi and F1 fans. Pretty much all feedback I've seen on all the various F1 news websites has been of people very happy he's coming back. I hope the same goes for all the members here. 2012 is shaping up to be a great season already.

ALL OF YOU NEED TO STFU AND READ MY SIGNATURE THEN PRAY TO THE GODS YOU ARE EVEN WORTHY TO WATCH KIMI NEXT YEAR MUAUAUAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! (except for the Kimi supporters, you guys are my true brothers)

ps - Kimi coming back to F1 means I will watch every single race, AND if hes truly hungry for it, watch out cause he is the quickest man on the PLANET.

http://totalf1.com/f...konen_for_2012/

Now where the hell is my Gorilla suit??

ALL OF YOU NEED TO STFU AND READ MY SIGNATURE THEN PRAY TO THE GODS YOU ARE EVEN WORTHY TO WATCH KIMI NEXT YEAR MUAUAUAHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! (except for the Kimi supporters, you guys are my true brothers)

ps - Kimi coming back to F1 means I will watch every single race, AND if hes truly hungry for it, watch out cause he is the quickest man on the PLANET.

http://totalf1.com/f...konen_for_2012/

Now where the hell is my Gorilla suit??

Sorry I got a little excited there

I'm glad you guys are stoked as well. I still think Kimi has one of the largest fan bases of modern day F1 drivers. That should be a testament to people appreciating his skill, his sillyness and straight up balls to the wall win or die trying attitude he's had in his past F1 incarnation. (Ok first part of 2009 doesn't count, as I know the Philistines will mention that). Like him or not, we're all winners for this latest announcement. I predict Gorilla suit sales will skyrocket, we'll see him on a yacht in Monaco, and he'll partner with an ice cream company (preferably Magnums as they are so yum).

My only wish at this point... other than Kimi getting fit for next year, time to get a haircut and lose a few pounds. While not overweight he's certainly looked a little cuddly the last couple of years. Other than that, if Renault or Lotus as they will be called are truly up to the task, I hope they listen to his feedback. For all the misinformation put out about how he wasn't willing to put in the time to develop a car, look closer and you'll see all the positive and glowing feedback about how he can indeed setup and develop a car. On the flip side I wouldn't be surprised to see him get the Heidfeld treatment if they make another dog of a car, and convince themselves it's the drivers fault yet again. Fingers crossed he does a year at Renault and ends up in RBR next year. You just know the other F1 teams will be paying a close eye on him in 2012 to see how he does.

Crazy F1 prediction... Pat Symonds returns to Renault!

Fingers crossed he does a year at Renault and ends up in RBR next year. You just know the other F1 teams will be paying a close eye on him in 2012 to see how he does.

He signed a 2 year contract, which means he is willing to work with the team to make it front end...

Hopefully has an escape clause if the renault sucks.

To be honest NI, I think Kimi is better off to return with Renault. Following pitpass.com they made the suggestion that Kimi would be a better fit there at Renault during the time he was negotiating with Williams, same with ahem...our own Handy! They have the resources to build a better car than Williams and he can make a greater impact with that specific team. They'll make the car oversteery as he like and tune the car to his feedback, rather than a team that went againts his preferences that suited the nr2 driver more (Ferrari)...things like that...

All in all,I'm very happy...

:unsure:

Yay. Kimi to Team Poochie. My fav team and my...fav driver...

Oh Sh#t, I can't do this. :frusty:

Oh, well, I only hope we get the good, fast version of him.

To be honest NI, I think Kimi is better off to return with Renault. Following pitpass.com they made the suggestion that Kimi would be a better fit there at Renault during the time he was negotiating with Williams, same with ahem...our own Handy! They have the resources to build a better car than Williams and he can make a greater impact with that specific team. They'll make the car oversteery as he like and tune the car to his feedback, rather than a team that went againts his preferences that suited the nr2 driver more (Ferrari)...things like that...

All in all,I'm very happy...

hrrrmmmm....and now for my Sutil/Rubens switcheroo to take place....

What this also confirms is no Kubica for 2012. Senna is highly unlikely to secure a seat with them next year....maybe Williams will sniff him for his money (but then my Sutil/Rubens thing will be null and void)....Petrov is out on his butt perhaps, as Grosjean is pretty adamant he's driving for them too.

Petrov to replace Trulli? Petrov and Kovi should work well together...not saying Trulli and Kovi don't, but Trulli is in the same twilight as Rubens, and at some stage you have to bring in the fresh blood. Kovi brings them stability, Petrov comes not as a rookie, but a two season driver, young, and keen to make a name still.

Still, though, I'd personally keep Petrov over Grosjean.

And this thread is wrong once again....Kimi is not gone for good... :P