Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

I Guess That'S Finally It Then... Kimi Gone For Good :(

This really looks quite good on you :whistling::P

Oh...I am crying...believe me :P

So, are you ready to be partners with me next year? :lol:

I'll teach you the Team Poochie anthem and all!

Oh, Poochie

Oh, Poochie

The one and only team...

Oh...I am crying...believe me :P

So, are you ready to be partners with me next year? :lol:

I'll teach you the Team Poochie anthem and all!

Oh, Poochie

Oh, Poochie

The one and only team...

:lol: Look forward to it!!!

Just read the news boys - congratulations!

Not being a fan of any particular driver, I have to say I am quite happy to see Kimi return. When he was on form he was great to watch, but mostly I like his unwillingness to be typical F1 nice boy/role model/publicity craving numpty.

Sad to know that Kubi won't be back any time soon - he's another great racer who should be in F1 when/if his health permits.

Anyway - something extra to look forward to in 2012 and a very nice way to end the 2011 season.

I see one of three things happening when it comes to Kubica. Renault/Lotus pick Petrov over Senna due to the Russian bringing in more money. He's also expendable come mid season if either Kubica makes a proper recovery, or they toss the Russian out for Senna/Grosjean. The second scenario is Kubica's contract with Renault ends, and Ferrari pick up his option. They let him run laps a la carte in some old Ferrari's around Fiorano to get him up to speed and help with his recovery. At that point deciding if they will replace Massa in 2013 or not. The third option being that Kubica continues with his recovery, but it becomes apparent that after having ones hand almost severed and other massive trauma and injuries to his body, that he then takes the approach of getting better with no deadlines of racing until he's fully recovered.

In all scenarios, what is needed is track time. A few pre-season tests are not going to cut it in his situation. Thus Kubica is going to have to get in a car in whatever series he can (GP2, GP3, DTM, V8 Supercar etc., become the Pirelli tester, or sign with Ferrari. But I don't think Ferrari will sign him if they see that his injuries haven't healed properly. He's not going to have the same reflexes, fitness or stamina at this point and it could take a year just to get those back to a level of being able to drive a F1 car safely and last a full race.

I will say this, if Kubica does end up back in F1 and isn't one of the backmarkers, it would perhaps be one of the greatest sports comebacks ever.

I see one of three things happening when it comes to Kubica. Renault/Lotus pick Petrov over Senna due to the Russian bringing in more money. He's also expendable come mid season if either Kubica makes a proper recovery, or they toss the Russian out for Senna/Grosjean. The second scenario is Kubica's contract with Renault ends, and Ferrari pick up his option. They let him run laps a la carte in some old Ferrari's around Fiorano to get him up to speed and help with his recovery. At that point deciding if they will replace Massa in 2013 or not. The third option being that Kubica continues with his recovery, but it becomes apparent that after having ones hand almost severed and other massive trauma and injuries to his body, that he then takes the approach of getting better with no deadlines of racing until he's fully recovered.

In all scenarios, what is needed is track time. A few pre-season tests are not going to cut it in his situation. Thus Kubica is going to have to get in a car in whatever series he can (GP2, GP3, DTM, V8 Supercar etc., become the Pirelli tester, or sign with Ferrari. But I don't think Ferrari will sign him if they see that his injuries haven't healed properly. He's not going to have the same reflexes, fitness or stamina at this point and it could take a year just to get those back to a level of being able to drive a F1 car safely and last a full race.

I will say this, if Kubica does end up back in F1 and isn't one of the backmarkers, it would perhaps be one of the greatest sports comebacks ever.

Despite everyone seemingly thinking RK will go to Ferrari, I just don't see it.

1. He is of Alonso's calibre, maybe even better.

2. Is he the type to submit to being a nr2 driver....I think NOT

I was reading JA's blog on the news about Kimi and among the comments there is this "Brad" guy peeing on his pants over this comeback and posting like a fifteen year old girl talking about her favorite pop star...

Geez, I would be so ashamed if I knew that guy! :whistling:

I was reading JA's blog on the news about Kimi and among the comments there is this "Brad" guy peeing on his pants over this comeback and posting like a fifteen year old girl talking about her favorite pop star...

another Brad guy posting about Kimi? WOW

bloody imposters!!!

man, checked it out...this guy is making me look bad...sheesh

*Sigh of relief*

I guess thats finally it then .... this thread reaches its end!

And What a happy ending!

Time for a new beginning!

Go Kimi!!!

Despite everyone seemingly thinking RK will go to Ferrari, I just don't see it.

1. He is of Alonso's calibre, maybe even better.

2. Is he the type to submit to being a nr2 driver....I think NOT

Maybe I just don't get the hype surrounding Kubica. Now I'm on the record of not being a huge fan of Alonso's. But I will never even entertain the notion Kubica could be better than him. That could only happen if Kubica came back, won a multitude of races and a WDC or two. At this point that is highly unlikely.

Ferrari are a shrewd company. I'm pretty sure all here know that. Obviously them hiring Kubica wouldn't be as an equal to Alonso, nor would it be a straight out and out #2. But I still think if they offered him a drive, he'd take it. I read recently somewhere, it might have been on Jame's Allen's website I can't remember, that Ferrari has a first option contract signed with Kubica. I'm not even sure what that is, but I can surmise it would Ferrari have the first option to offer him a contract before any other team in 2013. Does this sound right?

At this point Kubica in all honesty is going to be lucky to get a F1 drive in any of the top 5 teams. If he has sponsorship behind him, that'll make it easier for him to nab a seat at some point. However the longer he stays out, the less likely he'll ever be back. It's hard enough for a driver whose been away for some years to make a comeback, let alone one who almost lost his hand.

My gut still tells me since day 1 after his accident, that we won't see Kubica back in F1 again like in the past. I'm confident a Friday practice or a testing role could be achievable though.