Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

I Guess That'S Finally It Then... Kimi Gone For Good :(

Wonder if Massa will find something worthy of his talent level?

Dodgem car demonstrator at Blackpool Pleasure Beach?

Crash test dummy for Eibach springs.

Wow that's totally a step up form F1 and WRC, I didn't realize they are racing hovercrafts in NASCAR now! And Kimi is the STIG!

NASCAR is one thing, but NASCAR Trucks! - The guy went from the absolute top of the pinnacle of motorsports (eating icecream on a luxury liner in Monte Carlo bay during Monaco GP) to driving freaking utes around in circles in the desert.

Sh*t man - I wonder if he has regrets not coming back last year. He would had a good year this year at Renault if he made a return.....

Sad, so sad....

I'm sad too Fwon, but I doubt Kimi is sad. He clearly could have come back to F1 if he wanted, and in a good team too.

That's what makes this so interesting. He's not in Nascar because he pulled a Piquet and can't get a drive anywhere else, here's there because he wants to be. And it's not like he needs the money either. So if he get some kicks out of doing this, then why the heck not.

I'm sad too Fwon, but I doubt Kimi is sad. He clearly could have come back to F1 if he wanted, and in a good team too.

That's what makes this so interesting. He's not in Nascar because he pulled a Piquet and can't get a drive anywhere else, here's there because he wants to be. And it's not like he needs the money either. So if he get some kicks out of doing this, then why the heck not.

Yeah - that is typical Kimi behaviour. He just does what he bloody well wants..... but NASCAR Trucks? That is too hill-billy for me - no offense to any US NASCAR Truck lovin fans out there (or to any hill-billies) :)

He clearly could have come back to F1 if he wanted, and in a good team too.

Come on, do you seriously believe that?

'Why the heck not' indeed. It seems thought that he is rebelling against the F1 culture and all the demands that come with it, similar to what Montoya did.

However, when Kimi walked away from F1, he wasn't at the top of his game. Call it boredom, lack of commitment or whatever. The reason the likes of you are so sad is because he never fullfilled his potential. Trouble is, it was self inflicted. He didn't forget how to go fast, he seemingly just couldn't be bothered anymore.

He's a maverick.

Goose. Gooooooooooose!

Hit the breaks and he'll fly right by. :eusa_think:

And it's not like he needs the money either.

In fact, he's paying $150,000/race to drive. He genuinely wants to be there. To the drivers, this isn't a step-down; there's tremendous respect from NASCAR drivers toward F1 and F1 drivers toward NASCAR. Unfortunately, some of the fans tend to be a little less secure about their favorite series and have to take shots at the ones that just aren't for them.

Agree Eric...it's just another form of motorsport...each with their own idiosyncrasies...set up for short track, set up for long track, fast in the corner, or fast in the straight, pit for two tyres, or pit for two, make a push at the start, or push at the end...and the other hundred or so variables.

To poo-poo NASCAR or other forms of motorsport is like saying redheads are a poor sloppy seconds for a blonde.

And if anyone above actually went and sat track side at a Nascar event, they'd have their little cotton whitey tighties blown right off.

He is just doing what he likes or enjoys doing......he lost his interest in F1...its like a guy wakling away from a supermodel girlfriend to some girl next door after he realized he couldn't handle her......some guys should respect his choice...and move on, rather than bitching and moaning about how he was or, what he is doing now....

I'm afraid Ferrari went too far copying the F-150 concept. :(

They should go to NASCAR Truck Series?

So... That's finally it then, Kimi back in Ferrari for Nascar. :)

Yeah - that is typical Kimi behaviour. He just does what he bloody well wants..... but NASCAR Trucks? That is too hill-billy for me - no offense to any US NASCAR Truck lovin fans out there (or to any hill-billies) :)

He's got to start somewhere. Running in the truck series, is a launch pad for the bigger Nascar series. I don't think his ambition is to only stay in the truck series. I mean that would be like racing in GP2 and not wanting to head to F1. He's in a good team, with Busch. So if he can get this down, I'm very sure we'll see him in the proper Nascar series at some point

In fact, he's paying $150,000/race to drive. He genuinely wants to be there. To the drivers, this isn't a step-down; there's tremendous respect from NASCAR drivers toward F1 and F1 drivers toward NASCAR. Unfortunately, some of the fans tend to be a little less secure about their favorite series and have to take shots at the ones that just aren't for them.

Nicely said. Kimi is personally paying $150k per race? or has sponsors on board to secure him a seat each race?

He's got to start somewhere. Running in the truck series, is a launch pad for the bigger Nascar series. I don't think his ambition is to only stay in the truck series. I mean that would be like racing in GP2 and not wanting to head to F1. He's in a good team, with Busch. So if he can get this down, I'm very sure we'll see him in the proper Nascar series at some point

Nicely said. Kimi is personally paying $150k per race? or has sponsors on board to secure him a seat each race?

One would think sponsors....but then it's not like Kimi is short of a buck or two...

I don't know, the truck looked good. Well, compared to my imagination, because when I read "trucks" related to "NASCAR" some 2 years ago I was imagining a big-a## cargo truck :D

Plus, it's fun because there we have another guy who will go to the statistics, but on the good side or the bad? Mystery xD

Mmm, and it seems he's doing better in WRC, maybe his mojo won't betray him this time :)

Exactly. If NASCAR Sprint Cup champion Jimmie Johnson were to go to F1, everyone would freak out and say he must go to F3 or GP3 or whatever first. So, going the other way, if F1 champion Kimi Räikkönen wants to go to NASCAR, he can't be expected to go straight to the top when drivers, much like in F1, are training to be in NASCAR from their primary school days. He'd sink, like a NASCAR driver would in F1. I give Räikkönen a lot of respect for doing it the right way, and not having a big ego to demand he go straight to the top level (Sprint Cup), and instead admitting he's better off going in at a lower series (a lower series that is still quite high on the ladder).

I don't have an answer to that, sorry. I assume it would be backers of some sort and not him personally (there could be something of a conflict with Red Bull at KBM, though), but either way, this move isn't financially motivated because he's not making the mega-millions a Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson would make in Cup. It's all about the racing for him at this point, and for a driver I never really supported and was quick to criticize, I'm seeing a lot to respect in him lately for walking out on F1 rather than being blinded by the "pinnacle" nonsense, and going into WRC and NASCAR where he's going to have a lot more fun. Charlotte's going to be a fun race, especially listening to him on the radio. I doubt he'll understand a word they're saying, and they won't understand a word he says! :lol:

One for the memories.

I was never really into Kimi - but this video makes me think is was an alright bloke....

Wow! Mr Personality & Mr No Personality in the same team. One intentionally funny guy, the other unintentionally funny.

I guess Kimi'll have his Red Bull spiked with whisky, and have a potty under his driving seat.

Graham, this is your cue for telling the TF1 guys what you told me.