Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

I Guess That'S Finally It Then... Kimi Gone For Good :(

As the season has progressed, he has seemed to become more and more distant to F1, at least at the level of words, and I fail to see what is the dramatic change lately that would have turned his head.

Well, something must have....Who cares???

BEER ANYONE :beer::cheers::beer22::flashingbanana:

Hahahaha Kubeetza is a better driver that Kimi ever was, even at his best when he was in the mood for it. Kubeetza will demolish him, he will take him down, knock him out, trample on him and sing Bohemian Rhapsody.

:lol:

Good to see you again, Cav. And I tend to agree with Ikyrotz but you never know.

Kimi to Renault?

KIMI KIMI KIMI! To the K to the I to the M to the I!

Geez, I've always loved that guy! Anybody remember when he drove through the smoke at Eau Rouge? Oh yeah! And what about that time when he was eating some ice cream? HAHAHAHAHA

Oh yes, he is the best, he takes no PR bull and he is so fast!

That is why I always supported him.

I would like to once again see the Iceman return to F1 and be blisteringly quick again. On form, he was positively f*cking shagtasticly brilliant (Yes, I do think he's good looking too and I don't care!) but I never want to see him the way he was last year, the Iceman melted.

Lets hope there's a snowstorm and an avalanche to keep Iceman coldly cool.

I would like to once again see the Iceman return to F1 and be blisteringly quick again. On form, he was positively f*cking shagtasticly brilliant (Yes, I do think he's good looking too and I don't care!) but I never want to see him the way he was last year, the Iceman melted.

Lets hope there's a snowstorm and an avalanche to keep Iceman coldly cool.

:lol:

What if Renault ditch Kubica for Kimi?

Kimi - Petrov in Renault for 2011.

Kubica would replace Schumacher at Mercedes who will sign out from F1 at the end of this year.

I'm going to try one more time. I rated Kimi highly. I was a fan. Do you get this? Then he changed. Do you agree? Now, I want his fans to agree on this and have a balanced debate about why. Do you comprehend that? If atall possible it would be good to do this without a persoanl slagging match. Do you know how to do that? If you can answer yes to all of these then we can carry on like grown ups.

What do u mean by I WAS a fan? Assuming Kimi was to return next year and outperforms Kubica and starts fighting for the championship, would that make you a fan once again? I wouldn't define such an individual as a Fan. You can say you liked him at a point but to be a Fan you need to be blind to a certain degree and not keep switching sides. Thats my opinion.

What if Renault ditch Kubica for Kimi?

Kimi - Petrov in Renault for 2011.

Kubica would replace Schumacher at Mercedes who will sign out from F1 at the end of this year.

there can be many "IF"

one can be like this:

Swapping Between Kubica and Massa.

and why on earth Renault will sacrifice Kubica for a rookie... ??

Hahahaha Kubeetza is a better driver that Kimi ever was, even at his best when he was in the mood for it. Kubeetza will demolish him, he will take him down, knock him out, trample on him and sing Bohemian Rhapsody.

Bohemia is not Kubica's homeland.

Kubica is Polish

Bohemia is Czech.

Bohemian Rapsody by Freddy Mercury does not have anything to do about winning over someone...

You missed the ball completely :)

Kimi and Kubica would be a good team, but Renault is not able to afford it.

they can't turn him down, it's just PR talk...

Kimi will have the seat for 2011 in a Renault, this news just made my day! :D

Yessss. and then to Red Bull in 2012 .... maybe he'll kick a** in Renault too. But hopefully he won't be too rusty he just has too much natural talent.

What do u mean by I WAS a fan? Assuming Kimi was to return next year and outperforms Kubica and starts fighting for the championship, would that make you a fan once again? I wouldn't define such an individual as a Fan. You can say you liked him at a point but to be a Fan you need to be blind to a certain degree and not keep switching sides. Thats my opinion.

Therein lies the problem. You have to accept that there are differing views, especially on a forum like this, and being a fan of an F1 driver does not necessarily require a degree of blindness.

There are varying degress of a 'fan'- you can like a driver, which most people still term loosely as a fan or you can go to the extreme of being completely fanatical about a driver to the exclusion of all else. Similarly, people can have degrees of fanaticism about F1 teams, technology, etc. I think all are acceptable definitions of a 'fan'.

Also, you can change your mind about a driver if whatever attribute that made you a fan of that driver changes. I don't know what Steve liked about Kimi, but for me what makes me like Kimi, aside from what I perceive to be his talent for driving, is his personality. So if Kimi comes back to F1, then I will still like him however he drives. I'm also a fan of Schumi, but what made me like Schumi was my perception of the unbelievable drives he has put in. Of course, being a fan of Schumi is now being tested to the limit :lol:

Well said above.

As for Kimi at Renault, I don't see it happening.

So, he is not going to Renault?

Good! I never liked the guy! "Oooh, look! I drove through smoke at Eau Rouge!" Big deal! He probably was too drunk to realize that the smoke was not part of his delirium tremens! And what about the time he ate that ice cream at Malasya? I mean, how stupid was that???

Geez, and people still think he was fast??? Don't make me laugh!

It's like I always said, Kimi sucks.

Would be cool if he got the Renault drive. Ideally I'd love him to end up at RBR in a Newey car. Then we might see the Kimi of old. But at this point, I'll take things with a grain of salt. Remember that some of us have been holding out hope for a year now, so there's not point getting all excited until we get some official news.

Reading some of the news, I did chuckle at the comments from Boullier concerning Petrov. He's not a bad driver, but he's not even close to being in Kimi's league. Heck he's not even in Ruben's league. Kimi going to Renault would bring a massive fan base on board and would be far more beneficial than trying to crack the Russian market with a mediocre driver. You could compare this to Karthikeyan in the Midland. That didn't open many doors for the Indian market. Heck, it couldn't even get him a drive in an Indian team lol.

I do hope Kimi comes back though. I think F1 is unfinished business, and there's plenty of time to go rallying at a later stage. Icing on the cake would be JV back as well. That would be something with all the WDC's driving around. But F1 being F1, we might get them back, and then lose Schumi :wacko:

So, he is not going to Renault?

Good! I never liked the guy! "Oooh, look! I drove through smoke at Eau Rouge!" Big deal! He probably was too drunk to realize that the smoke was not part of his delirium tremens! And what about the time he ate that ice cream at Malasya? I mean, how stupid was that???

Geez, and people still think he was fast??? Don't make me laugh!

It's like I always said, Kimi sucks.

What I like about you is that you always stick to your guns. Your opinion never wavers, even in the face of adversity. Once you make up your mind, that's it. No changing it, no turning back, you see it right through to the end. No sitting on the fence for you. It's a great quality to have.

I wish I was like that, but personally, I can't stand those people who will never consider other opinions and perspectives.

Therein lies the problem. You have to accept that there are differing views, especially on a forum like this, and being a fan of an F1 driver does not necessarily require a degree of blindness.

There are varying degress of a 'fan'- you can like a driver, which most people still term loosely as a fan or you can go to the extreme of being completely fanatical about a driver to the exclusion of all else. Similarly, people can have degrees of fanaticism about F1 teams, technology, etc. I think all are acceptable definitions of a 'fan'.

Also, you can change your mind about a driver if whatever attribute that made you a fan of that driver changes. I don't know what Steve liked about Kimi, but for me what makes me like Kimi, aside from what I perceive to be his talent for driving, is his personality. So if Kimi comes back to F1, then I will still like him however he drives. I'm also a fan of Schumi, but what made me like Schumi was my perception of the unbelievable drives he has put in. Of course, being a fan of Schumi is now being tested to the limit :lol:

I Agree with you. Looking at the post under question in isolation would certainly make your argument very valid and i would always respect others in the way you mentioned. But if you look at the earlier posts where some ppl tried to turn this into a Kimi hate thread, you would say I was right to criticize. If someone starts off with a hate comment and then backtracks, its not very nice.

I Agree with you. Looking at the post under question in isolation would certainly make your argument very valid and i would always respect others in the way you mentioned. But if you look at the earlier posts where some ppl tried to turn this into a Kimi hate thread, you would say I was right to criticize. If someone starts off with a hate comment and then backtracks, its not very nice.

Again, it comes down to perception, I think. Presumably we are talking about the same person and if we are, then I know of that particular person's feelings towards Kimi. As such, when I read those posts, I see somebody frustrated Kimi's apparent lack of motivation, not a Kimi hater.

It's what I alluded to in an earlier post. Just because somebody criticises Kimi, it doesn't automatically follow that they are a Kimi hater. Try reading the posts again with the knowledge that people are not Kimi haters and see what you think. Also, allow for some jokes at Kimi's expense as well, it's a common thing on these forums. One thing I particularly miss about Kimi not being in F1 is the opportunity to wind Brad up :lol:

"apparent lack of motivation" is something that I fail to recognize. I do not see any evidence of that: e.g. last 8 races of 2009 he scored 38 points only Hamilton scored few more.

You can say you liked him at a point but to be a Fan you need to be blind to a certain degree and not keep switching sides. Thats my opinion.

Yep, if you don't masturbate to his image 5 times a day you are not a true fan.

Bohemia is not Kubica's homeland.

Kubica is Polish

Bohemia is Czech.

Bohemian Rapsody by Freddy Mercury does not have anything to do about winning over someone...

It's a forum in joke, you won't get it, it's a few orders of magnitude too subtle for any Kimi fan to pick up. For you Kimi fans I will throw in a knock knock joke.

Knock knock

who's there?

Kimi.

Kimi who??

HAAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :D

Problem is that, some of you guys are adoring Kimi so much that he is suddenly being hated around here more than ever.....Kimi was one of the least hated top drivers in this forum, and his fantics are so talented they have achived what I thought was impossible....

Congrats... :clap3:

Oh Jean, I don't think Kimi is the most hated. In fact I'll put a tenner on him still having the largest fanbase. Kimi never did anything for people to hate on.

There is nothing in Kimi that one can hate, but its some of his fans...for example 'You' who does everything to grab the wrong attention and annoy everyone out here and get him hated.

Oh Kimi is this, Kimi is that blah blah....we all know how good and bad he is...He is a human after all....the world's greatest driver is getting trashed by his team mate.

As a fan ok Kimi, I raise a glass about his news on possible return.....and I am showing my thumbs down for overhyping...

I know that my post is not going to stop you workshiping him and performing human sacrifices anyways.

Bye.