Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

I Guess That'S Finally It Then... Kimi Gone For Good :(

Räikkönen's father passes away

Kimi Räikkönen's father, Matti Raikkonen, has suddenly passed away at the age of 56. The sad news had a huge impact on the Finnish family of former Formula 1 world champion Kimi Raikkonen.

Matti Räikkönen was the most important person behind Kimi Räikkönen's career in motorsports. He supported both of his sons as they enjoyed racing in several series.

Former Ferrari F1 driver and country fellow Mika Salo was quoted as saying: “Matti (Räikkönen) was Kimi's biggest supporter right from the beginning of his career on four wheels. Without Matti there would be no Kimi. There are not many fathers that have helped as much as Matti has.”

gpudate.com

sad for Kimi, Our thoughts are with you thru these tought times...

A sad thing to hear so close to Christmas. I've never heard of Kimi's father before, but he sounded like quite a supportive and nice guy. My thoughts and prayers Kimi to you and your family.

A sad thing to hear so close to Christmas. I've never heard of Kimi's father before, but he sounded like quite a supportive and nice guy. My thoughts and prayers Kimi to you and your family.

He was very supportive yes, they were quite poor and Matti Raikkonen had to do 3 jobs to support Kimi with his racing. a Great father he was....

Can't wait to see the livery of his car. Looking good for rallying this year. I wonder what 3 races he won't compete in however. NZ is my first pick, so the other 2 would be...?

This topic's sell by date has long since passed. It smells really weird in here...

This topic's sell by date has long since passed. It smells really weird in here...

Change your nappy young man. :P

Just kidding dude. I'll wait for the oldie joke though!

it may be because kimi is like a bad egg, keeps repeating on you??

Whats he got against NZ? Prick.... grrrr.... we have the generally regarded best rally stages....

Whats he got against NZ? Prick.... grrrr.... we have the generally regarded best rally stages....

I don't know if NZ is or will be one of the races missed, but he didn't goto NZ last year. Maybe it comes down to costings, or was simply a point in the year Kimi needed for doing something else. But the news article says he'll miss 3 races.

I know.

I just want him to come here, thats all. That way I can watch the first day, then do my own stuff on the second day as he will have crashed out by then :P

Lol, probably. As much as I wish Kimi success in rallying, I think like F1 and other top forms of motorsport, there are many that are good, but the ones that are masters of their trade have been doing it most of their life. Thus Kimi's chances of getting massively better in WRC will be determined oh how long he stays in the game.

who is kimi? :mellow:

Not your father, Luke.

Not your father, Luke.

guy decided to leave f1 because he probably doesnt find mojo in it any more, he had oportunity to come back to Mclaren but he was not happy with money that they offered to him.

no one who wants to be competitive in f1 does not refuse Mclaren, except alonso, but thats another story

guy decided to leave f1 because he probably doesnt find mojo in it any more, he had oportunity to come back to Mclaren but he was not happy with money that they offered to him.

no one who wants to be competitive in f1 does not refuse Mclaren, except alonso, but thats another story

ah, now suddenly u remember him... :P

ah, now suddenly u remember him... :P

how can you be a kimi fan and in same time have picture of seb vettel under your post?one is a driver and other is rider

how can you be a kimi fan and in same time have picture of seb vettel under your post?one is a driver and other is rider

:lol: HaHa, I see Caesar has a sense of hunour, now who'de thought that....

:lol: HaHa, I see Caesar has a sense of hunour, now who'de thought that....

i have been stabbed in back at the end of my life so i have sense of honor for honorable people and those who know how to overtake

Don't you get the idea that we can support more than one driver? Idiot.

How can you be a Vettel fan and have a Marvin the Alien avatar at the same time? Ohhhhhhhhhh for shame....for SHAME!!!!!!

How can you be a Vettel fan and have a Marvin the Alien avatar at the same time? Ohhhhhhhhhh for shame....for SHAME!!!!!!

And how can you be...ah, forget it!