Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

I Guess That'S Finally It Then... Kimi Gone For Good :(

The one inescapable fact about Kimi that you never seem to want to talk about is how he changed as a driver from being exciting and unmatched by his team mates to being dull witted and owned by Massa. For this alone he was dropped by Ferrari. Why won't you talk about this and give your account of why it happened? Instead I have three fat paragraphs STILL of why you love him so much and pathetic personal jibes at me.

Using your own logic, your the one who just got owned.. Kimi has 1x WDC, Massa has ......... Glad you don't teach math as that doesn't equate to Massa owning Kimi. You know what your problem is, you don't ever actually address anything that's written here. Instead you sidestep it, claim no ones addressing it and bring up some other point. It's called deflection. And as far as jibes towards yourself, don't be the first to fling mud and then expect to have a clean white shirt afterwards. No one here even addressed you personally or otherwise until you showed up and started putting people down on a personal level, instead of discussing the subject in a orderly fashion. How dare you claim anyone attacked you personally, when you're the biggest culprit around. Come out of the closet emo, it might just make your day. If that doesn't work, I suggest you forward all replies to your cell phone, so you can race here full of rage the second anyone posts anything, and then begin to tell us why you don't care.

The one inescapable fact about Kimi that you never seem to want to talk about is how he changed as a driver from being exciting and unmatched by his team mates to being dull witted and owned by Massa. For this alone he was dropped by Ferrari. Why won't you talk about this and give your account of why it happened? Instead I have three fat paragraphs STILL of why you love him so much and pathetic personal jibes at me.

pretty strong statement there Steve. Do u really believe that?

+1! I tried reading all 3 paragraphs and had to laugh, sorry.

Why Kimi "lost" his mojo is a mystery, that he "lost" it is a fact. And it p**ses me off a bit to read this discussion, because it seems that Kimi fans are delusional, and why should we be that way? He was great to watch until he stopped being great to watch, (and we don't know the reason why because he was private and never said it, so it could be his fault or anyone's fault, can't it?) Spa notwithstanding because it always brought out the best in him. I wish him well in rallying and I sincerely think that he can become very good if he sets his mind to it ^^

I doubt he does, but fitting into the whole Kimi is a loser, everyone who ever supported him is a loser, you most likely won't get a backdown where he states, well not really.

Kimi's performances once Massa was injured were very very good. Either the decision was made long before this, or it didn't matter what Kimi did, as Santander had a blank cheque and were going to do everything to put Alonso in the seat. Now the interesting part is would Alonso have gone there with Kimi still in the team as the other driver. Massa was lucky in my opinion. His accident assured him of a seat, as I don't think Ferrari would endure a PR disaster in letting him go while he was injured. As it turns out, Massa's their Rubens #2 and sadly for him the #2 driver in the team.

There's been tons of previous discussions on this, and I've not read a single post from anyone until now, stating Kimi was let go for a definitive results based reason. As I mentioned earlier, that logic has serious holes in it.

Using your own logic, your the one who just got owned.. Kimi has 1x WDC, Massa has ......... Glad you don't teach math as that doesn't equate to Massa owning Kimi. You know what your problem is, you don't ever actually address anything that's written here. Instead you sidestep it, claim no ones addressing it and bring up some other point. It's called deflection. And as far as jibes towards yourself, don't be the first to fling mud and then expect to have a clean white shirt afterwards. No one here even addressed you personally or otherwise until you showed up and started putting people down on a personal level, instead of discussing the subject in a orderly fashion. How dare you claim anyone attacked you personally, when you're the biggest culprit around. Come out of the closet emo, it might just make your day. If that doesn't work, I suggest you forward all replies to your cell phone, so you can race here full of rage the second anyone posts anything, and then begin to tell us why you don't care.

I'm going to try one more time. I rated Kimi highly. I was a fan. Do you get this? Then he changed. Do you agree? Now, I want his fans to agree on this and have a balanced debate about why. Do you comprehend that? If atall possible it would be good to do this without a persoanl slagging match. Do you know how to do that? If you can answer yes to all of these then we can carry on like grown ups.

Yes, dear Bradley.

I am still a Kimi fan..but I have to admit that he is flawed...I am Lewis's fan...but still I think he deserves the c#ck of the day award for what he did today. The only times I really defend him are the times he gets accused of things that he is not to be blamed. Ive done the same thing with Kimi. Then its an Individual's opinion.

Blind fans dwelling here and there is one of proofs why there are so many different religions.

atleast its better than driving in circles.

Come on, now! Oval racing is so fantastic even the most credible of companies are sponsoring the cars!

38freecredit-getty.jpg

Oh...wait.

I am still a Kimi fan..but I have to admit that he is flawed...I am Lewis's fan...but still I think he deserves the c#ck of the day award for what he did today. The only times I really defend him are the times he gets accused of things that he is not to be blamed. Ive done the same thing with Kimi. Then its an Individual's opinion.

Blind fans dwelling here and there is one of proofs why there are so many different religions.

Agreed on blind fans. Perhaps I should revive an old thread I started back in 2007 where I asked members to say one positive thing about their least favorites and one negative about their favorites...

I'm going to try one more time. I rated Kimi highly. I was a fan. Do you get this? Then he changed. Do you agree? Now, I want his fans to agree on this and have a balanced debate about why. Do you comprehend that? If atall possible it would be good to do this without a persoanl slagging match. Do you know how to do that? If you can answer yes to all of these then we can carry on like grown ups.

Yes, dear Bradley.

For sure I can answer yes to a few of your points. But don't construe my agreeing to then mean every attack against Kimi, or his fans was warranted either, in a I told you so kind of way.

Saying a driver changed, doesn't take into account the car they are driving, the team, and other factors. Look at Alonso yesterday, I havn't seen that Alonso in years. Look at Rubens winning races last year. Where had he been all that time? So you can say a driver changed, but it's never that clear cut.

I will agree from the outside it appeared Kimi changed, but did he really? He still put in one hell of the second half of last season. From memory in an older post, I think he was 1 or 2 in total points scored from the second half on. That's not the indication or a demotivated, lackluster driver. I'm happy he won his WDC, but there were times I was unhappy too. A blind follower is someone who is happy 100% of the time. Now I never ditched my support of Kimi, but it doesn't mean there weren't times wondering why he was not going as fast as one would hope.

Kimi being at Ferrari was never the right fit. He just didn't look the same animal he was when at McLaren. But how much can a driver take of breakdowns, blowups and lost wins. It clearly got too much for him, and of course the ever tight presence of Uncle Ron in your ear constantly. It's a shame really, as I think if he was at McLaren now, he'd thrive. Whitmarsh has his foot in mouth moments, but seems to genuinely run a more relaxed outfit akin to RBR. But I still don't regard Kimi's time at Ferrari a failure either. IF you come to that conclusion, then the most recent and relevant comparison is Alonso in his second stint with Renault. Yet I see more people harping on and angrily being critical of Kimi, than I do of Alonso's performances, attitude and what seemed a general I don't give a toss attitude, since I'm moving on from your losers next year vibe. I liked the Alonso of the Renault days, even after feeling Kimi should have won 2005. I was rooting for Alonso at McLaren. After McLaren you could say he changed too, and changed for the worst. It wasn't until last night, I saw the old flashes of Alonso back again.

There doesn't seem to be much middle ground around here. If you're a Kimi supporter, you're labeled a blind idiot, a blind follower, and get the roll eyes treatment. The reality is there are objective people here, it's simply that some cannot see past their own nose. The very things others point out and criticise Kimi about, in truth can be applied to many other F1 drivers as well.

Agreed on blind fans. Perhaps I should revive an old thread I started back in 2007 where I asked members to say one positive thing about their least favorites and one negative about their favorites...

Ok..

Jenson Button is the bestest bestest besterer than bestest most besteringly besterifiably bestest best driver on the grid.

Negative? What f"cking negative?

:lol: Excellent, Shaliq. Made me laugh. Cheers!

sad from a man I perceive with such high intellect...

I really need some stronger glasses as I am not following threads properly. I thought you were replying to Steve :eusa_think::eekout:

Meh. So much emotional twaddle, so little that's rational (aka - this is the worst fan boy thread I've seen on TF1 :P )

Anyway, hate to do the 'told you so' thing, but here's the start of his return......

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86688

Strange that only a few weeks ago Le French team were saying how much they'd love to have him, then as soon as Kimster responds, they bang on about Petrov, but that's negotiations eh?

And no, I don't agree with those of you that rate him (Petrov), far too many mistakes imo, averaging over .6sec slower in qualiy etc, the seat is wasted. :ph34r:

these French guyz are clever in negotiating... thats why they praised Raikkonen before to catch his attention... then now when Raikkonen turns to them they started supporting the rookie Petrov.

Hahahaha Kubeetza is a better driver that Kimi ever was, even at his best when he was in the mood for it. Kubeetza will demolish him, he will take him down, knock him out, trample on him and sing Bohemian Rhapsody.

these French guyz are clever in negotiating... thats why they praised Raikkonen before to catch his attention... then now when Raikkonen turns to them they started supporting the rookie Petrov.

they can't turn him down, it's just PR talk...

Kimi will have the seat for 2011 in a Renault, this news just made my day! :D

Hahahaha Kubeetza is a better driver that Kimi ever was, even at his best when he was in the mood for it. Kubeetza will demolish him, he will take him down, knock him out, trample on him and sing Bohemian Rhapsody.

you should then be very glad Kubeetza is'nt Schumie's teammate this season....

What will also be of utmost importance, Kimi will return a motivated man, with something to prove, the way I wanted him to return. Kubeetza better be as good as Cav states, for Renault will inherit a fired-up Kimi.

Don't expect the same struggle as with Schumie folks, this is just a man who only needs a car and he'll do the work fixing it himself. He does'nt need a specific team with the best in the field to be competitive..

Expect fireworks!!!

they can't turn him down, it's just PR talk...

Kimi will have the seat for 2011 in a Renault, this news just made my day! :D

hahahahaha!! made my day too....

you should then be very glad Kubeetza is'nt Schumie's teammate this season....

hahahahahahaha Lol :P

Nico is enough to demolish Schumi :P

To me, this "confirmation" from Renault sounds more like Renault's attempt to get more sponsors. I'm quite sceptical about Kimi actually returning. As the season has progressed, he has seemed to become more and more distant to F1, at least at the level of words, and I fail to see what is the dramatic change lately that would have turned his head. The journalists close to him say he appears to really enjoy the rally atmosphere, so why would he come back to something he knows is 95% full of stuff he hates to do?

Would love to see him back, but, for the moment, I'm taking this with a grain of salt. Kubica-Kimi combination would rock though ;).