Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zanet

Ferrari Smile Wiped - My Guess

I wonder weather the smile will be wiped of Ferraris face tomorrow in Paris?

My guess is they will get the points deducted from Hockenhiem

I know that sounds harsh, but it was Cheating in sport and therefore the integrity of F1 is kept in tact

What do you think?

I wonder weather the smile will be wiped of Ferraris face tomorrow in Paris?

My guess is they will get the points deducted from Hockenhiem

I know that sounds harsh, but it was Cheating in sport and therefore the integrity of F1 is kept in tact

What do you think?

I think you made a mistake. You used integrity and F1 in the same sentence :whistling:

My guess: It's going to be another fine piece of FIA's comedy.

Under the current regulations, team orders are akin to manipulating a race, which is at the same time as close to a criminal offense as you can be. So the accusation is rather serious.

On the other hand, I don't think they will be able to prove much beyond a couple of seemingly innocent phrases (unless you consider "this is ridiculous" as a full confession of a crime...in which case I pity you)

So, they are either guilty of a major ccrime or they are not. But FIA will hardly be able to prove that crime, so they will probably settle for a fine or something like that (again, my guess) and it will be a ridiculous thing. Something like: "Ok, I am sure that you are guilty of first degree murder, but I can't prove it, so let's do this: I'll charge you with a fine of USD 100,000 for 'murdering without leaving enough prrof to convict you', do you agree?"

My understanding of legal things is obviously very basic. But surely we all already know Ferrari cheated? Their guilt is already known beyond reasonable doubt but somehow that doesn't count in a court of law?! Perhaps there is usually more tangible evidence when someone is convicted of a crime but there can rarely be greater certainty that they committed the crime than in this case. It seems like a big flaw in the legal system if common sense doesn't play a role.

My guess: It's going to be another fine piece of FIA's comedy.

Remember what happened to Flav? We never heard of any evidence other than that the mysterious Mr X* had said Flav was guilty (and we didn't even see that statment either - we were just told that it existed).

On that basis Ferrari could be stripped of he right to race in F1 and bannished to Inner Mongolia for the next 500 years.

Neither evidence or common sense had any place in Max's FIA. I hope this will give Todt the opportunity he needs to show that the new FIA isn't a tool of personal revenge / manipulation any more and that both evidence AND common sense have some place in the governing body of our beloved sport.

So...

Ban Massa for yielding.

Ban Smedly for meddling (alliteration - yay).

Award Massa's points thus far in the season to Alonso (why should Ferrari shouldn't loose out because of the actions of those two reprebates).

And dock points from Red Bull and McLaren for not being clever enough to think of the ruse themselves.

Done.

*who never needed to exist and probably never did.

Remember what happened to Flav? We never heard of any evidence other than that the mysterious Mr X* had said Flav was guilty (and we didn't even see that statment either - we were just told that it existed).

On that basis Ferrari could be stripped of he right to race in F1 and bannished to Inner Mongolia for the next 500 years.

Neither evidence or common sense had any place in Max's FIA. I hope this will give Todt the opportunity he needs to show that the new FIA isn't a tool of personal revenge / manipulation any more and that both evidence AND common sense have some place in the governing body of our beloved sport.

So...

Ban Massa for yielding.

Ban Smedly for meddling (alliteration - yay).

Award Massa's points thus far in the season to Alonso (why should Ferrari shouldn't loose out because of the actions of those two reprebates).

And dock points from Red Bull and McLaren for not being clever enough to think of the ruse themselves.

Done.

*who never needed to exist and probably never did.

:lol:

In any case, it will be some sort of punishment that will not fit the alleged crime. If there were team orders, they manipulated a race (which is the same as fixing a match in football) so banning the team should be a reasonable punishment. If they cannot prove that there were team orders, then they are innocent and should walk away scot free (but that will mean that Todt will be lynched at Trafalgar Square). I see no middle point, yet the punishment will be somewhere in between.

My bet is also that Ferrari won't be forced to pay 100M Euros, actually, I think that McLaren wasn't either. Somebody probably said such a ludicrous figure as a jest, and when Dennis said "Ok, fine" they didn't have the heart to tell him that they were just joking and that they were just thinking with charging McLaren with just USD100,000 for the Spygate.

. I hope this will give Todt the opportunity he needs to show that the new FIA isn't a tool of personal revenge / manipulation any more and that both evidence AND common sense have some place in the governing body of our beloved sport.

I am not getting involved.

FIA=Ferrari International Assistance

The smile wiped off their face will only be a fake one!

If we see in 2010 is FIA assising Ferrari, I, as Ferrari supporter, beg FIA to stop assisting :roll: