Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wapi

Maure

Since 9th August there has been no word from Maure. In his last blog he announced surgery with high probability of not going well. Did anyone hear anything about it? I miss his comments here.

I miss his comments too, and have been wondering what happened. Hope the guy's OK but I fear the worst.

Not the best friends...but I hope he is okay and recovering well from what ever is troubling him,

I've been thinking this too. It wouldn't surprise me if he was just taking a break from TF1 for a while, and hopefully that's the case (probably wishful thinking on my part). I gather nobody has any kind of contact with him outside of the forum?

In a true tribute to Maure, I shall smile and toast him. If he's alive he'll appreciate it, if he's dead then he'll feel nothing and I shall feel better for raising a glass to him.

I add my voice to those who wish him well, the guy is a special member of this forum and I enjoy getting the best out of him or trying to wind him up but he always seems to have the answer for wahtever I say no matter how crazy it is, hope to see you posting soon Maure.

I had a message from him on the 11th August. I don't know if he'd mind me saying but seeing how many concerned people, I'm gonna.

He had a haemorrhage on one hemisphere on the brain and a stroke on the brain on another hemisphere which is pretty rare. The surgery would have been pretty intrusive but he knew the neurosurgeon and they're good friends, so he's in capable hands. A couple of days before he rode hell out of his motorbike as he offroads and does enduro. The man is a complete nutcase but one of the most decent and loveliest blokes there is.

Maure my friend you'd better come back soon. Or I'll kick your arse. Love ya mate xx

On many occasions he has been a motivation for me to come back to this forum. A lot of times i have found my self looking for his profile pic to see whats written besides it. Its beautiful how this guy is able to emote his amazing slapstick sense of humor through a keyboard to us.. his posts have sometimes pinched me, made me think the other side of the story, made me go 'bhub,,,bhub..bwahaha' a lot of times, or sometimes he has overwhelmed my feeling towards a particular thing by putting them in the right words, which i could not. I have not been actively posting my thoughts on this forum, but i have never been away from it either, and some how i am emotionally attached to this forum and the people on it, and god do i miss maure.

I really hope he recovers soon, and if anyone is able to get in touch with him, please pass on the messages... we miss you mate, take care.

Very sad news about Maure. I hope that he has a speedy recovery and is back on this forum posting his version of events in F1 soon.

Good luck to you my man.

Tchau.

I don't visit often enough, so it's a bit unsettling seeing that this thread has been created, and that he hasn't posted yet. Hope the man is ok.mellow.gif

Maure is one of those odd, difficult types of people who nevertheless make you smile even as you wince and groan at his comments. Thanks, Stephy, for filling us in on some of the particulars of his condition. I think we all wish him well.

Oh dear... Maure hope you get better... never even knew you were in hospital! Best wishes you!!!!!!!!

I wish him the best and hope he comes back soon... I'd like to say something more but words fail me >.<

What can I say? You have said it all. I miss him too. I come back quite often to read one of his posts. Reading what Stephy posted about the surgery it could take time until he's recovered, maybe he needs some time in intensive care at the hospital and then I'd understand if he stays away from computers, they're energy sucking machines.

All the best.