Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silas Talbot

Prediction: If Kubica Heads To A Top Team

More rumors of Kubica heading to Ferrari

Let me start by saying that Kubica is my favorite driver.

He's often been linked to a move to one of the top teams, and I think his talent was being squandered at BMW and now Renault. He's as fast as any of the top tier of drivers.

My prediction: If Kubica goes to Ferrari he will eat Fernando's lunch. He'll even eat the snack pack that Fernando's mom packed him for snack time.

If he goes to Mercedes, he'll make Nico look like he's driving the wrong way on the track.

If he goes to McLaren or Red Bull, he would end up very close in the championship to Vettel or Hamilton, probably lose by a few points to LH and take it by a few points on Vettel.

I'd like to see him at a top team in 2011, and maybe Renault could even evolve that way.... it doesn't seem likely to happen unless it's going to be Ferrari. However in 2012, I think he'll be in with one of the best teams and he'll be a rock star. You heard it here first folks: 2012 is going to be the year of the Kubica.

Wow, this rumour just refuses to go away, doesn't it? If it's true, Ferrari are even worse at keeping secrets than disguising team orders!

Can't see it myself. Both Massa and Kubica have contracts now, and I expect Renault won't let Kubica go without a hell of a fight. That said, I was sceptical alst year about the Alonso to Ferrari story, but then it happened. So watch this space I guess...

I agree it seems somewhat unlikely for 2011. But if it doesn't happen in time for the 2012 season, it's just a travesty. To see such talent squandered for so many years...

He does indeed thoroughly merit a place in a top team, however if I where him I wouldn't want to move into a team with Alonso.

Kubica should hold out 1 more year at Renault. Ferari's 2011 car will be a dog. The Renault will be 2nd or 3rd best car on the grid next year.

Then he moves to Ferrari in 2012 when they've got a really good package ready for him.

By 2012 the current Pope will have already passed away (he seems REALLY old) or in jail for all the scandals surrounding the Vatican. I'd say Kubica has a good chance of becoming Pope John Paul III.

Kubica should hold out 1 more year at Renault. Ferari's 2011 car will be a dog. The Renault will be 2nd or 3rd best car on the grid next year.

Then he moves to Ferrari in 2012 when they've got a really good package ready for him.

I would like to know how you got to that conclusion, apparently Alonso is the best developing driver in the field. Just because Ferrari started developing their 2010 car a year earlier does'nt mean they will have a dog of a car next year?

I would like to know how you got to that conclusion, apparently Alonso is the best developing driver in the field. Just because Ferrari started developing their 2010 car a year earlier does'nt mean they will have a dog of a car next year?

I've been watching F1 for a long long time. Ferrari are creatures of habit - they are no good and have never been any good at multi-tasking whilst in the thick of a title challenge. The only reason they were repeatedly competitive (year after year) during the Schumi era was because Schumacher had all but won most of his WDC's a long time before season's end, giving them plenty of time to concentrate on the next year's car (they also had a more efficient management and design team which has since departed).

Ferrari will revert to type and throw everything at this year until 2 races from the end of the season and next year's car won't be up to much. Their only hope is that RB and Macca have similar issues, although if history teaches us anything RB, Renault, Macca and Merc will be the cars to watch in 2011.

McLaren have the edge in the reliability stakes going into the final round of races for sure, however with all teams pushing to the end, it remains unclear who will be at the most detriment for it. I believe McLaren can absorb it as their technical department is excellent, but RBR aren't as well budgeted, and Ferrari seem to be developing a bit more slowly these days. I guess with a rules reset of sorts though it could be anyone's game next year.

As for having Kubica and Alonso in the same team... just couldn't see it working.

snorrisstrags, Ferrari in the Schumi years also tested considerably more than any other team, even having their own private test track. Their dream team have long since departed too. If they produce a title championship car next year I'll be surprised.

Ferrari's 2009 car was a turd, and they very publicly stated they were stopping development and focusing on the 2010 car. While it seems better than their 2009 car, when you compare them to RBR and McLaren, I'd say it's no better than their 2009 car really. If anything I think the 2011 car will be worse as they won't have had enough time as they had this year.

By 2012 the current Pope will have already passed away (he seems REALLY old) or in jail for all the scandals surrounding the Vatican. I'd say Kubica has a good chance of becoming Pope John Paul III.

:P

Kubica really has some nice potential... He is good with developing cars... would really like to see him come to Ferrari..

Talking about prospects I also like kobayashi... he has some fire about him,,, wont be surprised to see him sitting in a good car in 2011...

It has been some time since last Italian was Pope, so I push for Domenicali ;) Anything! Just has to be removed from current job.

Ah, and I remember the things people were saying before the F10 even turned a wheel saying how bad it would be. Guess it hasn't turned out to be that bad, huh? :rolleyes:

Ah, and I remember the things people were saying before the F10 even turned a wheel saying how bad it would be. Guess it hasn't turned out to be that bad, huh? :rolleyes:

If it wasn't for the unreliability and operational mistakes made this year, Ferrari would still be in with a realistic chance of the WCC as well as the WDC, but ultimately the lack of development in the first half of the season will end up costing them the WCC I feel.

McLaren have the edge in the reliability stakes going into the final round of races for sure, however with all teams pushing to the end, it remains unclear who will be at the most detriment for it. I believe McLaren can absorb it as their technical department is excellent, but RBR aren't as well budgeted, and Ferrari seem to be developing a bit more slowly these days. I guess with a rules reset of sorts though it could be anyone's game next year.

As for having Kubica and Alonso in the same team... just couldn't see it working.

Yep

I think Adrian Newey makes up for RB's budgeting shortfalls though. The man is obsessive and gifted at thinking outside the box. They have put a good car out consistently for the last few years.

snorrisstrags, Ferrari in the Schumi years also tested considerably more than any other team, even having their own private test track. Their dream team have long since departed too. If they produce a title championship car next year I'll be surprised.

Ferrari's 2009 car was a turd, and they very publicly stated they were stopping development and focusing on the 2010 car. While it seems better than their 2009 car, when you compare them to RBR and McLaren, I'd say it's no better than their 2009 car really. If anything I think the 2011 car will be worse as they won't have had enough time as they had this year.

Totally agree. Testing helped Ferrari as they had the funds to make mistakes, test them, replace them. Design teams like Macca's and RB's work better than Ferrari when relying completely on theory-based design.

The loss of vital design and management staff also hit them hard.

Who? With so long to develop I expected a semi-decent car from Ferrari this year. And they gave us just that. The F10 will do for 3rd or so in both championships. Semi-decent. Of course considering they had more money and time than any of the other top teams, they really should have done better, but hey, that's Ferrari for you.

Yes you are a Kubica fan. And yes you are dreaming.

Everyone is staying put for 2011. Even Kimi ain't coming back. Massa is staying put to 2013 so you won't see Kubica in red any time soon.

The only other possibilities are McLaren or RBR. However, RBR are keen on using drivers from their Junior Driver Development Program to fill their RBR seats - Toro Rosso drivers generally fill the RBR seats. McLaren - dunno how long Lewis will be staying with McLaren. Button's seat maybe - but McLaren want Vettel. Mercedes - can Kubica speak German?

It looks like Kubica will just have to wait til some of the top drivers retire.

Sorry to burst your bubble man.

I agree Kubica is a good driver with a lot of potential but he can only prove himself as a great driver once he teams up with a top class driver like Alonso/Button/Hamilton/Kimi/Vettel. Then we will know how good he really is. I think he is fantastic and it would be even more fantastic to see him at Ferrari outperforming Alonso. Then we'll see what Alonso's attitude is towards an old friend. Hehehe... It would have been equally fantastic seeing him against Kimi at Renault but I don't know if that will ever happen.

I think in terms of top teams then Kubica would be better off at Red Bull against Vettel (on this seasons form) or Alonso at Ferrari (because Alonso is more shaky than Hammy when it comes to fast team mates).

The best chance of winning a title in terms of the speed of the car, reliability and pace of development still lies with Mclaren in my mind, though.

Kubica really deserves a top seat though and maybe he'll end up getting Massa's (if Ferrari decide to be brave and hire two top drivers, which doesn't look to be their strategy at the moment).

I would love to see Kubica at Ferrari, but it won't happen unless Ferrari have lost faith in Alonso. And that clearly isn't the case. Kubica isn't a #2 he's a #1 in any team really. So if Ferrari want to replace Massa, or Massa wakes up one day and decides he's going to pull a Rubens (for the second time lol), and leave a winning team for a stinker team, then there are plenty of schmoes to replace him.