Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Japan - The Cherry Blossom Grand Prix

I can imagine you commiting seppukku after an Alonso win there. Would be so fitting! :P

Oh, of course we will mourn your loss :unsure:

Hopefully this won't be a Red Bull walk over, but I'm not confident that it won't be.

Oh good. The thread's been started before practice. I can now make predictions!

Lewis Hamilton will serve justice, deep-fried and leaking grease through the bag, to Mark Webber and take him out in the first corner.

Sakon Yamamoto will start the race on wet tires as HRT have run out of dry ones and can't afford more. It will downpour and they'll seem like geniuses as they win their first grand prix.

Brawn Grand Prix will score no points.

Sebastian Vettel is useless and will do no better than Scott Speed or Vitantonio Liuzzi.

Mike "The Situation" Skinner, the only winner of the only NASCAR race at Suzuka, will be brought in to replace Mike "The Situation" Schumacher due to his vast talents and knowledge of the track. He'll finish third.

Ferrari will host "Bring Your Bitch to Work Day" this weekend. Fernando's bringing Felipe; Domenicalli's going to pay the €2 bail to bring Stepney.

HOLY Sh#t THE RACE IS IN SUZUKA NOT THE BLOODY FUJIDROME :D :D :D AWESOMEEEEEEE

Dear TotalF1 forumers,

Your race reporter has unfortunately arrived at the wrong venue for the race, which is rather beautiful with a view of Mt. Fuji, and cherry blossom trees. It is rather quiet and peaceful, and he is now contemplating staying here a while, away from the noisy grease stained world of F1. Perhaps stay here forever?

Red Bulls have taken P(osition)1 and P2 in P(ractice)1 and P2.

Hmmm.

Potentially a dull race then.

But hey - looking on the bright side - Kubica has come 3rd in both practices ahead of (I hope) a strong weekend for him.

Two decent practices from Sutil might mean he'll be in the mix and the Ferraris look slightly to have the edge over the McLarens - interesting.

It is my pleasure to inform you that the prospect of a wet Suzuka qualifying, Schumacher finally remembering how to drive and being told to 'stop being a woman' has made your race reporter begin his journey to Suzuka and I am informed that the Japanese transport system being what it is, we can assure you that he will be at the circuit at 9:54:13.234 AM tomorrow, well in time for qualifying.

Hopefully this won't be a Red Bull walk over, but I'm not confident that it won't be.

Do not worry, RB is not capable of walk over. They have to screw up something.

It is my pleasure to inform you that the prospect of a wet Suzuka qualifying, Schumacher finally remembering how to drive and being told to 'stop being a woman' has made your race reporter begin his journey to Suzuka and I am informed that the Japanese transport system being what it is, we can assure you that he will be at the circuit at 9:54:13.234 AM tomorrow, well in time for qualifying.

Haug hit Schumi head, finally? Or they find a medical aid for arthrosis?

Oh good. The thread's been started before practice. I can now make predictions!

Lewis Hamilton will serve justice, deep-fried and leaking grease through the bag, to Mark Webber and take him out in the first corner.

So far he is getting indigested with the justice... I think he should serve just with vegetables.

Haug hit Schumi head, finally? Or they find a medical aid for arthrosis?

More like Rosberg having major set up issues to be honest rather than MS getting his mojo back. And even complaining of major issues, Rosberg was less than a tenth off.

Looks like it'll most likely be wet for qualifying, so that could produce an interesting grid line-up if people screw up. Looks like there's still a chance of rain for Sunday too, so hopefully not too dull.

Unless it's wet I smell a RBR domination weekend. As usual, of late McLaren have work to do. Seems the parts being put on the car simply aren't working well enough at the moment.

P3 was a washout. Qually may be delayed until Sun Morning.

Jaime Alguersuari dominated the final practice session here in Suzuka this morning for Toro Rosso. The only problem was that the weather conditions were so bad that only the Spaniard and Virgin’s Timo Glock actually recorded timed laps.

The rest of the field confined themselves to a couple of out laps, apart from Alguersuari's team mate Sebastien Buemi, who did four, and the McLaren drivers who did three apiece.

Alguersuari lapped in 1m 55.902s while having two off-track moments, and Glock survived a spin on his way to 2m 07.497s. Buemi also spun.

The weather shows no sign of improving, which leaves Suzuka overcast and dangerous as standing water promotes aquaplaning at any kind of meaningful speed. Consideration is being given to running qualifying tomorrow morning when the weather forecast is benign once again, just as it was back here in 2005 when the typhoon came through.

yep - too much rain.

wonder if the race will happen (or qually) tomorrow.

9am here - I think I'll make it :)

Crazy stuff :P

But at least somehow I haven't missed qualy XD

I hope everything will be more or less fine tomorrow!

Hamilton has to replace gearbox and will be dropped 5 places on tomorrows grid.

(if there is a grid tomorrow)

I suspect the track will be still quite wet early in the morning and I hear more rain for tomorrow isn't totally out of the question.

It was pretty entertaining to see what the drivers were doing though to pass the time on, I particularly enjoyed Heikki's boat. :P