Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Japan - The Cherry Blossom Grand Prix

Any chance it will rain for the race? Lewis could use it starting from P8.

It's being predicted dry at the moment - but you'd know that if you weren't ignorant, biased and unfit to use the internet.

It's being predicted dry at the moment - but you'd know that if you weren't ignorant, biased and unfit to use the internet.

I know this question may sound ignorant, biased, and/or unfit to be posted on the Internet, but I have to ask: is my ignorance, bias, and unfitness to use the Internet related to my obesity, immodesty, and racial intolerance?

I know this question may sound ignorant, biased, and/or unfit to be posted on the Internet, but I have to ask: is my ignorance, bias, and unfitness to use the Internet related to my obesity, immodesty, and racial intolerance?

:eusa_think:

yes

Utter fookin balls.

Steph is not happy.

Utter fookin balls.

Steph is not happy.

It's alright Steph - If Kubica can make a good start from 3rd he can get up past Webber and slow him down to Button's pace ;)

EDIT - also Button's on the harder tyre - might well be an advantage if the others' softs fall away faster.

It's alright Steph - If Kubica can make a good start from 3rd he can get up past Webber and slow him down to Button's pace ;)

EDIT - also Button's on the harder tyre - might well be an advantage if the others' softs fall away faster.

Which is expected to happen. The tyres that is. Not Bob getting past Webber, or Bob slowing down to Button's pace. :P

Which is expected to happen. The tyres that is. Not Bob getting past Webber, or Bob slowing down to Button's pace. :P

Poor poor Kubi. When will he get some decent luck.

He did take Mark at the start and then lost a bloody rear tyre behind the safety car. WTF!

As for Button - now attacking Hamilton after his change to softs. Hamilton's lost 3rd gear too. Team orders? :eusa_think:

Nope - he wasn't orderd to slow down and let Hamilton get 4th - Button takes 4th instead after Hamilton lets him through.

Kobayashi for DOD - he's had a blinder. Must have pulled off by far the most overtakes and his move on Algiosaurus around the OUTSIDE of the hairpin was just sensational!

Hahaha! He just took Barrichello and then Heidfeld on the same lap! The boy is on one - like Button he saved his softs for now. Brilliant.

Good race, kobayashi has to be DOD, what a fantastic race he had! The red bulls were quiet & as a result got the 1-2! Nandi had a good race too, Hamilton was unlucky losing 3rd gear, this'll be a weekend he won't want to remember! Some spectacular crashes during the race, lots of wheels coming off & 5 cars out of the race before lap 2 began!

And so Lewis Hamilton loses the World Drivers' Championship.

Gah. I can't tolerate the three ahead of him. I'm going to ignore the final rounds to avoid their successes. ;)

Funnily enough, those three are the only ones (in the championship battle) I can tolerate. Okay, I lie, Button's good too.

Overall, another entertaining race, had all the ingredients to be fairly dull, but quite a lot of action, espacially from Kamui, so it was pretty fun to watch. Great circuit too, one of the best in the world surely.

Shame for Kubica though, he could have added an extra element. I hear that at some point, all his wheels would have dropped off though, there was some sort of problem with the wheel guns or something meaning none of the wheels were correctly tightened. Guess it was good the wheel that did break for freedom did so at a relatively slow speed and Kubica knew that something was wrong, otherwise at racing speeds it could have been a nasty accident.

Looks like it could be narrowing down to a three way battle between Webber, Vettel and Alonso. It's not over yet though. A bad race by any of those three at Korea could put the Brits back in contention.

I had hoped Jenson's strategy would pay off, sadly not so. In the end, worked out the same as Canada that starting on the hard tyres inferred no real advantage. As for Lewis, good drive from him till the gearbox breakage. As it's highly likely he will need another change and a penalty to boot, it looks as if he's all but out of the title challenge. Vettel and Webber had it easy, Alonso was largely anonymous, and McLaren, whilst stronger where still not strong enough. Chump of the day gets split between Petrov and Massa (and would like to know what the heck caused Di Grassi's off)

I had hoped Jenson's strategy would pay off, sadly not so. In the end, worked out the same as Canada that starting on the hard tyres inferred no real advantage. As for Lewis, good drive from him till the gearbox breakage. As it's highly likely he will need another change and a penalty to boot, it looks as if he's all but out of the title challenge. Vettel and Webber had it easy, Alonso was largely anonymous, and McLaren, whilst stronger where still not strong enough. Chump of the day gets split between Petrov and Massa (and would like to know what the heck caused Di Grassi's off)

Allow me to politely disagree. This season is thoroughly enjoyable due to the utter tension between the top 5 drivers and should be watched as a psychological thriller, not as a Terminator-like movie. Let's be honest, Kamui was fun to watch but he was closer to a comic relief than a wonderful display of racecraft. His first overtaking move on Alguersuari looked like the ones I do in F1 2010 (for the record, I suck at driving games, I just turn damage off and drive against other cars to get through). He is good, and I admire that he drove his balls off in his home race to give such a good show, but he was closer to end up like Hammy at Monza than anything else. McLaren should ask Sauber what material do they use on their cars.

As for the top 5, shame about Hamilton's gearbox issue. Things were ready for a tense fight against Alonso. He would have surely catched up with him in a couple of laps. I would have loved to see them battle. Other than that, it is a matter of who blinks first, not about who delivers the killing uppercut here. I find myself enjoying more and more the few tenths each one at the top can steal from each other than the nose bits flying all around and the spectacular crashes and daring overtaking manoeuvres.

Then again, it is all just a matter of tastes so who am I to say what is a good race and what isn't? :)

Allow me to politely disagree. This season is thoroughly enjoyable due to the utter tension between the top 5 drivers and should be watched as a psychological thriller, not as a Terminator-like movie. Let's be honest, Kamui was fun to watch but he was closer to a comic relief than a wonderful display of racecraft. His first overtaking move on Alguersuari looked like the ones I do in F1 2010 (for the record, I suck at driving games, I just turn damage off and drive against other cars to get through). He is good, and I admire that he drove his balls off in his home race to give such a good show, but he was closer to end up like Hammy at Monza than anything else. McLaren should ask Sauber what material do they use on their cars.

As for the top 5, shame about Hamilton's gearbox issue. Things were ready for a tense fight against Alonso. He would have surely catched up with him in a couple of laps. I would have loved to see them battle. Other than that, it is a matter of who blinks first, not about who delivers the killing uppercut here. I find myself enjoying more and more the few tenths each one at the top can steal from each other than the nose bits flying all around and the spectacular crashes and daring overtaking manoeuvres.

Then again, it is all just a matter of tastes so who am I to say what is a good race and what isn't? :)

Thing is though, people complain that there isn't enough of that kind of action in F1, drivers just launching one up the inside of another driver in a "f*** the risk" kind of manner, so I guess pleasing everyone is hard.