Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

And Then There Were Three

I think Button is gone from the fight and it was very obvious that Macca gave him a super crappy strategy that benefit Hamilton clearly.

So my take is that the team is choosing (surprise!) Hamilton.

But there was some justice happening and he got hit with the gearbox problem that allowed him to pass in front, otherwise I'm sure there

will be other post commenting on what happened in Japan.

If that really was the case, and Hamilton and Button were the other way around in the standings, then Hamilton would have been the hare, and Button the tortoise. Button's chances were much slimmer than Hamiltons of maintaining the challenge for the WDC, so the team will have chosen to go with a best win situation. It's not about who is in which car.

You're clutching at straws trying to bring up a non-existent conspiracy.

But now both of their chances are slimmer than a slim thing.

If that really was the case, and Hamilton and Button were the other way around in the standings, then Hamilton would have been the hare, and Button the tortoise. Button's chances were much slimmer than Hamiltons of maintaining the challenge for the WDC, so the team will have chosen to go with a best win situation. It's not about who is in which car.

You're clutching at straws trying to bring up a non-existent conspiracy.

But now both of their chances are slimmer than a slim thing.

I don't think in Mclaren Hamilton would have been the hare ever...

Red Bull will win the American rounds in Korea (North America) and Brazil (South America). McLaren could take Abu Dhabi if they really try. Vettel will have to drive like himself around Webber to give anyone any chance. It's mathematically close, but logically, Webber's won it. If Webber doesn't win the WDC, I'll let the forum choose (by group decision, and by group decision, I mean whoever takes charge and is first) my display name, avatar, signature, and personal photo. And I'll keep it for a whole 24 hours. ;)

I think Button is gone from the fight and it was very obvious that Macca gave him a super crappy strategy that benefit Hamilton clearly.

So my take is that the team is choosing (surprise!) Hamilton.

But there was some justice happening and he got hit with the gearbox problem that allowed him to pass in front, otherwise I'm sure there

will be other post commenting on what happened in Japan.

I think you'll find that Button chose his strategy in qually. He knew he couldn't get better than 5th in qually (4th after Hamilton's demotion) and so he decided to do Q3 on hard tyres. This gave him a longer first stint in the race in the hope that he could manage his tyres and pull a lead out after the others pitted. He couldn't pull that lead out and ended up dropping a place to Hamilton instead. He had also hoped that the advantage of fresh soft tyres later in the race would allow him to challenge the places ahead - unfortunately he was too far behind by that point.

On paper his strategy choice was actually pretty good, he just couldn't make it stick - he drove too slow during the middle third of the race.

To prove my point, let's look at who else was on the same strategy...

Kobay!

Now tell me it was a bad strategy again.

If you think it was (i) and inferior strategy and (ii) forced on Button by McLaren to help Hamilton, then you are clearly wrong on both points.

Realistically the Maccas do not have much chance of winning the WDC, however they will be giving it all no matter what.

My predcition for Korea is for Vettel and Webber to start 1 and 2 on the grid. Vettel to get a slow start as he is nervous about jumping the start again. Webber to get an even worse start being on the dirty side. Alonso gets a good start but Vettel closes the inside line. Alonso goes around him and move slightly infront. Alonso now has position and the line to the first corner, however Vettel sees a small gap on the inside. Vettel and Alonso collide and both their races are ended.

I think you'll find that Button chose his strategy in qually. He knew he couldn't get better than 5th in qually (4th after Hamilton's demotion) and so he decided to do Q3 on hard tyres. This gave him a longer first stint in the race in the hope that he could manage his tyres and pull a lead out after the others pitted. He couldn't pull that lead out and ended up dropping a place to Hamilton instead. He had also hoped that the advantage of fresh soft tyres later in the race would allow him to challenge the places ahead - unfortunately he was too far behind by that point.

On paper his strategy choice was actually pretty good, he just couldn't make it stick - he drove too slow during the middle third of the race.

To prove my point, let's look at who else was on the same strategy...

Kobay!

Now tell me it was a bad strategy again.

If you think it was (i) and inferior strategy and (ii) forced on Button by McLaren to help Hamilton, then you are clearly wrong on both points.

No no no no no no no no no no NO!

We're bashing everything Hamilton and Macca now...don't you seeeeeeeeeeee????????????

No no no no no no no no no no NO!

We're bashing everything Hamilton and Macca now...don't you seeeeeeeeeeee????????????

Oh sorry - didn't get that memo...

Damn those b#####ds at McLaren and their chosen one! Damn them all to hell. Button would have won that race too!