Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adnam

Hypothetical - Korea F1 - What Would You Do If You Were Horner?

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you enforce team rules

• Yes
    • No

HYPOTHETICAL - Korea F1 - What would you do if you were Horner?

Alonso leading the race, Vettel 2nd & Webber 3rd.

If the race finishes as is, WDC points would be as follows: Webber 235, Alonso 231, Vettel 224

If you want to protect the lead in the WDC do you decide to have Webber pass Vettel? WDC points Webber 238, Alonso 231, Vettel 221

What would you do?

Horner would never do that for Webber! After all, poor little Mark's a wee, mistreated number two driver. ;)

I'm sure it's worth $100,000 to get the WDC for their driver, so they'll do it if they must, and it will be completely justifiable and fair (Webber's earned it anyway, and he wouldn't be the first to have team orders help him out, and he won't be the last). And then Ferrari will call for stricter penalties for team orders while Virgin ask for yellow flags to be banned.

Horner will only back Webber in the last race and or if it is mathematically impossible for Vettel to take the WDC. He prefers baby boy Vettel anyday. So in answer to your question, if Alonso leads in Korea, Horner will sit there shaking his left leg, hoping Alonso crashes out - but he will do nothing in terms of letting Webber pass Vettel.

The boys will fight it to the end. I expect Webber to win the WDC. He was close to Vettel in Q3 in Suzuka (only 0.067 down) when Vettel was suppose to trounce his team mate. In Korea - despite the long straights, the track is two thirds fast corners and that is RBR territory (Vettel win, Webber 2nd). That takes Alonso out the the equation post Korea. Webber is at his peak and I think he has Brazil in the bag (Webber win, Vettel 2nd). In Abu dhabi, just like last year, I expect Vettel to take the win (Vettel win, Webber 2nd). That leaves Vettel still 7 points behind after Abu Dhabi - so Mark will win the WDC and without the help of Horner/Helmut/Vettel.

Nothing like good old Aussie grit!

If I were Horner...hmmmm....

Well I'd start the day with a good scratch of my arse. Then I'd mosey on down to the breakfast bar of my 5-star hotel and fill my pie hole, with, well, some pies. After a good belch, I'd give me arse a scratch again, then head on over to my swanky limo, and head on over to the race track, downing some sponsors product mixed in with some of Petrov's finest home brewed potato juice. After several pints of this delectable drop, I'd arrive at the race track, stumble my way through the McLaren pits going "nah nah nah nah nah...we poached Newey off you...nah nah nah nah". Then I'd drop into my Energy Centre and and energise myself with a few more wing giving tonics.

Suitably energised, I'd stroll down to the Paddock Club, see "ello ello ello, you know who I AM?" to some fine looking young lasses, cop a cheeky pinch of Jense's girlies bottom, and just so he doesn't get offended, offer him I pinch his too....then I'd grab myself some top notch nosh of the free all you can eat buffet table, starting of course with the desserts, washed down of course with some more wings tonic, this time mixed in with Mummy's champers.

By 2pm, I'd make it to my own pit....slap Vettel on the back a few times, give a friendly punch on the arm to Webbo, ol' mate, and tell 'em to go win me a race, but not before sneaking up behind Alonso and putting a little sign on his back that reads "yes, my eyebrows will grow wings one day".

Then I'll sit my tush down on my seat at the pitwall, and make myself look important by flicking some switches, and putting my internet home page onto Google weather.

Then I'll put my dark glasses and head phones on, which of course will not be plugged in, and have myself a two hour nap till the race is over, at which point I'll stagger on up to the winners podium, down myself a magnum of Mummy's finest, and then head on out to my adoring fans, aka my mechanics, and tell them what a wonderful job I just did, and drinks are on them.

Well I'd start the day with a good scratch of my arse. Then I'd mosey on down to the breakfast bar of my 5-star hotel and fill my pie hole, with, well, some pies. After a good belch, I'd give me arse a scratch again, then head on over to my swanky limo, and head on over to the race track, downing some sponsors product mixed in with some of Petrov's finest home brewed potato juice. After several pints of this delectable drop, I'd arrive at the race track, stumble my way through the McLaren pits going "nah nah nah nah nah...we poached Newey off you...nah nah nah nah". Then I'd drop into my Energy Centre and and energise myself with a few more wing giving tonics.

Suitably energised, I'd stroll down to the Paddock Club, see "ello ello ello, you know who I AM?" to some fine looking young lasses, cop a cheeky pinch of Jense's girlies bottom, and just so he doesn't get offended, offer him I pinch his too....then I'd grab myself some top notch nosh of the free all you can eat buffet table, starting of course with the desserts, washed down of course with some more wings tonic, this time mixed in with Mummy's champers.

By 2pm, I'd make it to my own pit....slap Vettel on the back a few times, give a friendly punch on the arm to Webbo, ol' mate, and tell 'em to go win me a race, but not before sneaking up behind Alonso and putting a little sign on his back that reads "yes, my eyebrows will grow wings one day".

Then I'll sit my tush down on my seat at the pitwall, and make myself look important by flicking some switches, and putting my internet home page onto Google weather.

Then I'll put my dark glasses and head phones on, which of course will not be plugged in, and have myself a two hour nap till the race is over, at which point I'll stagger on up to the winners podium, down myself a magnum of Mummy's finest, and then head on out to my adoring fans, aka my mechanics, and tell them what a wonderful job I just did, and drinks are on them.

:lol: post of the month!

HYPOTHETICAL - Korea F1 - What would you do if you were Horner?

Make more space for the trophies, drop a big dump in Webber's car and tell him "now that's not bad for a number two, you whinging pom oz", then I'd amputate Crash Boys index finger.

:P

:clap3:

Funny thread!

If I were Horner I'd be at the back of the garage hiding behind my flexi-wings, crying at the thought that Lewis Hamilton has us just where he wants us and any day now is going to out-drive my pair of muppets. But until then, I'd let my drivers race each other, because I doubt Alonso can beat them, because it's good for the sport, and because you never know what might happen to Webber in the next race.

No. I'd let them race. Vettel very much has a chance, so there's no point. They've had the WCC in the bag for a long time.

Nope, the simplest thing to do would be to tell Vettel to (try) pass Alonso. Vettel would take the Monobrow and himself out thus solving all my problems. Also, if I have any idea about potato juice, then I would know that a) it's distilled (triple or quadruple), not brewed, and b ) Polish quadruple-distilled vodka will beat in taste and texture ANY Russkie rotgut. But then again, I'm not Horner (or he is not me)...

No.

Let the drivers figure their championship out for themselves. Whilst Vettel has a chance of taking the title himself, it would be unfair to favour webber over him. 4 points instead of 7 is not that big of a difference with the points system the way it is really. I believe Christian will let the drivers work their championship out for themselves, and concentrate on taking the constructors. Until one has a clear edge over the other no favouritism should occur.

I'd definitely implement a "Miss the Mark" strategy. Crashin' Sebastian wouldn't be allowed within 100 feet, therefore being unable to collide into Webber (missing the Mark, get it?).

(At least it didn't involve Soviet Russia this time).

If I was horny? Thats a bit personal isn't it?

Men. Tut-tut.

If I was horny? Thats a bit personal isn't it?

Men. Tut-tut.

What would Steph do if she was horny? Now that would make for a good thread ;)

I wouldn't give a Sh#t about the drivers, as long as the WCC is secure. But what I would surely do is to sneak out to the Renault garage and ask Petrov for a copy of the most successful game in Russia to install on my laptop so I can play some cool game while looking seriously focused on team strategies and other boring chores.

What? You don't think people in Russia can have some fun? Check these game's release notes, straight from Mother Russia:

Petka 9: Proletarian Glamour © Buka

RELEASE NOTES

What will our heroes face in the new part?

Terrible reality of the future Russia and vile maniac

hairdresser. Social battle between Lenin and Chapaev

in which our brave commander will need not only his

sabre and support of his loyal friends but his wits

as well! Petka's balalaika play used to kill rats!

Will it manage the spying satellite? Chapaev has a

talk show on TV. You will learn about a weepy story

where Vasily Ivanovich had to fight like gladiator in

order to save his sexual orientation! Damn Mister X...

The whole truth, dark past, evil plans. You will see

"legendary" pop stars of the modern show business.

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

Great topic

For a minute i thought it asked what would you do if you were Homer? Homer Simpson? lots of doughnuts on the track! did someone say doughnuts????

Any way on to the point....

Ask me a few months back and i would say let them race

but with two races to go and no titles in the bag, they cant afford another Wacky Races trip up

If i was Horner, I would secretly whisper "Webbers" - Vettel your time will come