Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric

Armor All Gold Coast 600

Bourdais...what a noddy....missed his pit box (the first one in the lane!!), reversed ( a big no no)...and got himself a drive thru....and the regulars are back in...and now...carnage...lol

Eric, you are so going to love this race...what a good finish....don't miss it if you can help it.

What an epic finish to a race. And JV came 5th! Wow. I know he only drove 1/3 of the race, but he still drove well and got 5th. Well done.

I did find it odd however that incident on the last lap where both cars running 1 and 2 jumped the chicane. The car coming second then came out ahead running first. Now I'm not versed in V8's racing rules, but in F1 that's like jumping a chicane and gaining a position. I thought you couldn't do this in V8s either?

Eric, you are so going to love this race...what a good finish....don't miss it if you can help it.

Shouldn't Whincup have gotten a penalty for keeping his foot in it whilst cutting the chicane?

Just watched the race (I couldn't wait for SPEED to show it) and wow. THAT WAS AWESOME! Touring and stock cars are so much fun.

Shouldn't Whincup have gotten a penalty for keeping his foot in it whilst cutting the chicane?

Bah, rules.

They were racing hard and he ended up there; it wasn't intentional. It's the last lap of a motor race, let them at it. :)

Lets just say that V8's are a little less up their arse about such things, especially on street circuits, where trying to make a chicane could end in a big smash.

Well for a start, Channel 7, here in OZ needs a boot up the arse. Why? Well it is reported that Bathurst was a "DELAYED TELECAST" of 30 minutes !! and this Surfers Race was supposed to finish at 4.00pm OZ time, when it had maybe 40 minutes or more to run, which Clashed with the sheduled F1 Korean GP on ONE HD. NOT A GOOD LOOK FOR 7 or V8SUPERCARS.

On another point I read that BMW are maybe thinking of joing into this circus when the new Chassis runs in 2012. Now that's gotta be good for the class

TV3 in NZ ran race one as delayed highlights on Sat night (2215 local time), and then replayed it in it's entirety before the start of race 2, which ran live from start to finish, but included a channel switch to TV4 when the 6pm News came on. It then overlapped the F1 race by about 35-40mins (which is on Sky Sport), but Korea made sure it was delayed so those of us watching the V8's could still watch the end of what a real motorsport race should be like (you know the ones....where there is overtaking, and no Jonathan Leggard drivel)

Enjoyed the delayed (and edited) broadcast on SPEED today. Every time I watch this series I am stimulated. Could it be my gorgeous, young Australian neighbor who loves watching the races with me? Could be, but isn't.

Great stuff though, and if there is any substance to the BMW mention above by rodders47, all the better.

And now that it's aired everywhere it's going to air, I'll post this for anyone who missed it.

Great stuff.