Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom

2Hr Time Limit In Korea?

Did the race in Korea actually go longer than 2 hrs?

On F1 official web-page it has the time as 2hrs 48min (I am guessing that includes the race stoppage) but even if we don't include that stoppage it still seems like it was longer than 2hrs.

A very rough maths here

22 laps of safety car @ 3.00 = 1hr 6min

33 laps of racing @ 2.00 = 1hr 6mins

I am not sure how many safety laps there were. Feel free to correct me

Did the race in Korea actually go longer than 2 hrs?

On F1 official web-page it has the time as 2hrs 48min (I am guessing that includes the race stoppage) but even if we don't include that stoppage it still seems like it was longer than 2hrs.

A very rough maths here

22 laps of safety car @ 3.00 = 1hr 6min

33 laps of racing @ 2.00 = 1hr 6mins

I am not sure how many safety laps there were. Feel free to correct me

You have it all here. Stop times were around 61 minutes. Look at lap times of lap1 and lap4.

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1_media/Documents/kor-race-analysis.pdf

Using those figures it's actually a very close run thing...

Swapping out lap 1 for a 3 minute lap (allowing a few extra seconds for getting up to speed) and then swapping the 49 minute lap 4 for a similar 3 minute lap, the total time comes out at about 2hrs 2 minutes.

The red flag was waved half way through the lap at which point the clock was stopped. That brings the total time down again slightly.

And last - they only have to start the last lap under the 2 hr limit.

So - no Tom. The race just sneaked in on time.

THEY SAID HE MIGHT NEVER DO IT...SNORRIS STRAGS!!!!!! SNORRIS STRAGS WINS HIS 2000TH POST!!!!!!!!!! GET IN THERE!!!!!!!!!

Using those figures it's actually a very close run thing...

Swapping out lap 1 for a 3 minute lap (allowing a few extra seconds for getting up to speed) and then swapping the 49 minute lap 4 for a similar 3 minute lap, the total time comes out at about 2hrs 2 minutes.

The red flag was waved half way through the lap at which point the clock was stopped. That brings the total time down again slightly.

And last - they only have to start the last lap under the 2 hr limit.

So - no Tom. The race just sneaked in on time.

15:13 -> 12:13

49:01 -> 46:01

So, swapped out time is 58:14.

Alonso's time was 2:48:21 so his corrected time is about 1:50:07

I used your 3 minute estimates + I did not use thousands of a second.

15:13 -> 12:13

49:01 -> 46:01

So, swapped out time is 58:14.

Alonso's time was 2:48:21 2:58:21(ish) so his corrected time is about 1:50:07 2:00:07(ish)

I used your 3 minute estimates + I did not use thousands of a second.

Actually you've removed the 10 minute starting postponement twice. The time given above (2hrs 48min) by Tom actually didn't include the first 10 minutes (he was wrong on that one), but the figures given in your own link did.

Looking only at your figures and using our old friend excel and you'll see my figure of 2:02. ;)

But anyway - let's not disagree on how to agree. The race didn't go over the 2hr limit because the last lap should only be started before the 2hr limit & lap 4 was red flagged halfway through.

As I said before - it scraped in on time.

EDIT - here you go - this is from your own figures...

post-2537-009880100 1288080372_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the feedback..

I tried to use excel but my excel skills are poor :(

Anyway looking at your spreadsheet we had 2:01:14:42

But lap 4 you only gave an estimate of 2 mins. Standing start behind a safety car should be at least 3 mins?? I am assuming the red flag lap would be re-run.

So now we are 2:02:14 and considering Alonso's last few laps were less than 2 minutes he must of not started the last lap before 2hrs.

Also when all said and done there must be some kind of exact timing used to enforce the 2hr rule. The only official timing seems to continue whilst the race is under red flag (hence the long lap times of lap 4 and lap 1)

I know its just a small thing but this would have bearings on the world championship. Vettel might get some points and probably would be only 1/2 points awarded (if we counted the time continuing under red flag).

I think the FIA had other issues that day and forgot all about the timing.

wedding gowns

We all know what a wedding train is! When we were girls,wedding gowns we tied bath towels to our waists and waltzed "down the aisle". But now you're engaged and it is time ot decided what train length is best for you!

wedding dresses

Sweeping Train:wedding dresses This is the shortest of the trains and is also called a brush train because it just brushes the floor. Usually, the back hem is only a few inches lower then the front hem. It is perfect for an elegant informal or semi-formal wedding gown. It provides the elegance of a train without to much added fabric in the way.

wedding dresses

Chapel Length Train: This is currently the most common train because it has the elegance of a full train but is still not overly cumbersome.wedding dresses A chapel train is generally 1 1/3 yards or 4 feet from the waistline. This is perfect for a semi-formal wedding gown but could be used for a formal or informal wedding gown as well.

Cathedral Length Train: This is a popular choice for a formal affair or for that fairy tale look. A cathedral train is generally 2 1/2 yards or 7 1/2 feet from the waistline and is usually used for a formal wedding. These gowns often come with a bustling option or a removable train to allow for better movement on the dance floor.

wedding gowns

Royal Train:wedding gowns Remember Princess Di's wedding gown? This is one of those trains this is still out the door when you reach the alter! If you dream is to have a Princess Di train, this is it! Also called a Monarch train, this train generally falls 9 ft from the waist line and is only used for the most formal wedding.

Often, the length of your train is determined either by your tastes or your wedding style. I have listed the most common wedding styles for each train option, but you can choose whatever suits you best. If you do not want a long train for the whole event, you can also consider a sweep train with a long, removable veil for that elegant look at the alter and free movement on the dance floor!