Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

subiedude

Mad Max, Just Ego Or Nuts?

Why do journalists still talk to Mosley? He acts like a total whacko and says so many stupid things, just like he was still in charge of FIA. He actually believes he will be put back in his old position. Just like a politician, they never know when it is time to go.

Funnily enough, Max was on a politics show here last night ("This Week" - probably on iPlayer). He was talking about the Iraq Wikileaks and how they relate to privacy, the public interest and keeping politicians accountable. He argued it was good that modern technology makes it harder for governments to keep things secret because in the end governments will respond by being more open.

Watching it was very interesting. He's softly spoken but his arguments are incisive - it just reinforced my view that he didn't get where he got by accident (and I don't mean on the front page of the News of the World).

WAAAAAH MAX IS AN IDIOT WITH NO IDEA OF WHAT THE "PINNACLE OF MOTORSPORT" REALLY IS AND BERNIE IS SENILE.

Let Max do what he wants with his career. Agree or disagree with his direction, he's allowed to have a direction (I feel like Todt doesn't have one) and push for it if he think it's time to bring it back. I don't agree fully with what Max tried to do, but there are a lot of aspects to his plans that were fine. Spec engines, for example, aren't what I'd do, but his push to make the races entertaining need not be ignored. Just because 2k people on an Internet forum who are loyally passionate about F1 think the racing is fine and wonderful in its many complexities doesn't mean enough people in the rest of the world will. Casual fans drive the sport industry; the casual fans of the next generation have less of an attention span, more alternatives (even I'm going to watch free highlights on my mobile over the entire race on TV when I have the chance), and no real connection to automotive culture. You're going to put out a product that takes a lot of effort to appreciate and expect to keep your ratings ten years down the road? Kidding yourself.

Then again, the FIA presidency pertains to F1 like the U.S. presidency pertains to the U.S.; it's a very over-glorified role with little impact on day-to-day affairs, so I don't give much of a poo about who holds the role.

Tis what Sir Jackie still does to get recognised, EJ has a show in which to argue & say radical thing as if he were still in F1. Every old celeb does it, Terry Wogan still rants on about the Eurovision & there's even a show for old men & women to moan about things. Max should be on Grumpy Old Men, him & Jezza would be unstoppable, maybe in a few years add EJ & Jackie to the roster.

Max Mosley's nuts? Don't shout it too loudly, the Nazi hooker session isn't that far in the past.

Sobiedude from Florida? I bet the last name ends with "ski."

:ph34r:

Sobiedude from Florida? I bet the last name ends with "ski."

:ph34r:

SUBIEDUDE as in Subaru, the car I rallied for many years........what your comment has to do with the topic escapes me....

Ah I gets it :P:P:P !

Keep up!

What made me lauhgh recently rgarding Max Mosley though was that he appeared on Question Time and the News of the World phone tapping incident was discussed. He said that the former editor Andy Coulson, who resigned over that incident and is now a Government aide isn't a suitable person for that position.

Got a grudge, Max?

Max reminds me of some forum members. Arrogant yet entertaining old has beens! :lol:

He's a smart guy but his approach to the role really let him down, Todt is better in that respect so far (although his real test will be the upcoming negotiations..).

Max reminds me of some forum members. Arrogant yet entertaining old has beens! :lol:

I am so not old....you...you....you...you... :angry:

I think we need more Max in this forum.

The life has gone out of it.

Where are the fanatics?

Honestly, isn't it more fun when the alonsomaniacs, kimiholics, lewisterics, schumacheriphiliacs, and miscellanea minions burst out with their _absolute_rules_ and then get caught in their own peculiar game of n-tuple standards? You fvcking betcha.

I'm ready for the next bunch of loony goofs. The aforementioned lot is spent searching their pants for the balls to admit they fvcked up...

SUBIEDUDE as in Subaru, the car I rallied for many years........what your comment has to do with the topic escapes me....

:clap3:Priceless.

I don't know what you're talking about; we want some names!

Where are the fanatics?

Honestly, isn't it more fun when the alonsomaniacs, kimiholics, lewisterics, schumacheriphiliacs, and miscellanea minions burst out with their _absolute_rules_ and then get caught in their own peculiar game of n-tuple standards? You fvcking betcha.

I'm ready for the next bunch of loony goofs. The aforementioned lot is spent searching their pants for the balls to admit they fvcked up...

Damn, I missed Maure. Excellent. :lmavfa:

Where are the fanatics?

Amen. Andres can be our alonsomaniac, brad our kimiholic, shaliq our lewisteric & schumikonnen our schumacheriphiliac!

Everyone knows that a Subaru is a 'Scooby', not a 'Subie'. Scoobydude sounds much better.

Max is a clever man who got caught something he was never going to live down. No way back, unfortunately.

Still, he did a lot and for a long time, so if he wants to give his opinion, I for one, don't mind atall. Dismissing his presence as either a sign of madness or a desire to massage an ego is to truly have no understanding of what he is.

I've heard "Lesbaru" much more often than "Subie" or "Scooby." Something about women with mullets who live with other women with mullets in log cabins in Maine and the Subaru Outback.

Dismissing his presence as either a sign of madness or a desire to massage an ego is to truly have no understanding of what he is.

Which is?

Which is?

Fascist dad, spanky fetish. Otherwise normal.

oops. Never mind. And no, it had nothing to do with the topic.

Only when we win wheelchair races...