Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maure

I Checked First, Alright?

Two weeks. That's a record for me, eh?

I want to say the following:

I've lost interest in F1, obviously, but I like the people here enough to come back from my routine breaks even if I can't find the motivation to follow the sport anymore.

I stayed interested in F1 because I liked posting here and I liked the people; now the discussions aren't worth participating in, so I don't follow F1, because even if I did, I wouldn't want to get involved here. Watching F1 was social, and now it isn't, because you're either dealing with the bull**** here or just a number on some big, impersonal forum with 100,000 generic brand members.

Others have left or post less, and we aren't seeing new members joining. And when they do, they last one day.

It would be silly to blame that all on one member, but I do think, to be quite honest, some of Maure's posts really don't inspire people to sign up. No one wants to take a sport or a forum as seriously as that where everything comes back to "this is fixed, he's a bigot, you're this, I'm that, blah blah blah." F1 discussion should be fun; it's a freaking sport!

The only incentive to register an account now is to sell handbags. Good discussion breeds good discussion; if this forum were active and interesting with the members we have, more members would join. But the ones here, and not just Maure, aren't doing much to get anyone interested. Serious discussions turn to wars and we best not make a joke or else we're bigots and liars.

I think it's obvious our admins and moderators are very busy individuals and have not been around much. But that shouldn't matter. The youngest people here are 17; if anyone should need babysitting, it's me, Danny, and Jimmy, and that's not what's happening. Seeing all these spambots post better content than some of our regulars is just going to drive this forum down. We'll get too caught up in bashing and name-calling and denial and stubborn ways to take the time to actually know each other, make jokes, not take things so seriously, share opinions, and get this forum going again. Right now, if I were a guest, I'd be looking at other forums. I do think that next time an admin or mod stops by, it might be a good idea to suggest they appoint a new mod or two (assuming anyone's qualified and willing) just to fill in these gaps when all the others are rather busy (more to address issues and spambots than anything, but I do think a few people could use shorter leashes; Bruce kept me in line with my two suspensions and they really were beneficial to the forum).

I always liked this forum because it was reasonably small; people were friendly. I've posted on many forums and I've only ever added people from this one to MSN/email/etc. Now we don't get any quality members posting blogs and stuff in the Café to keep it light and keep people friendly. I'm sick of reading ****, and I'm not saying I make flawless posts or that there are people who add nothing to this forum. I just want to get it to a point again where people are friends first and Driver X fans second and where people can post without being jumped on. God, I prefer talking to nameless, faceless strangers on Omegle than posting here these days, and that's pathetic considering Omegle's just a bunch of 12-year-olds trollin'.

I know this will go nowhere, but I just wanted to say it. It's just a freaking forum and no one should have to make big long posts about the state of it like this. And yet here we are...

(Back to forum hunting I go...)

Next you be trying to cash in the alleged suffering of your ancestors in exchange for some pity...

Now who is making stuff up? I never said or implied anything of the sort.

More insults...

Not a soul stopping you...

The goons cheering you on...

That's the forums.

No wonder you end up crying your eyes out.

No wonder I laugh.

Crying? Don't flatter yourself pal, I have been involved with message boards for 6 years and had discussions with far bigger and better people than you.

Two weeks. That's a record for me, eh?

I want to say the following:

I've lost interest in F1, obviously, but I like the people here enough to come back from my routine breaks even if I can't find the motivation to follow the sport anymore.

I stayed interested in F1 because I liked posting here and I liked the people; now the discussions aren't worth participating in, so I don't follow F1, because even if I did, I wouldn't want to get involved here. Watching F1 was social, and now it isn't, because you're either dealing with the bull**** here or just a number on some big, impersonal forum with 100,000 generic brand members.

Others have left or post less, and we aren't seeing new members joining. And when they do, they last one day.

It would be silly to blame that all on one member, but I do think, to be quite honest, some of Maure's posts really don't inspire people to sign up. No one wants to take a sport or a forum as seriously as that where everything comes back to "this is fixed, he's a bigot, you're this, I'm that, blah blah blah." F1 discussion should be fun; it's a freaking sport!

The only incentive to register an account now is to sell handbags. Good discussion breeds good discussion; if this forum were active and interesting with the members we have, more members would join. But the ones here, and not just Maure, aren't doing much to get anyone interested. Serious discussions turn to wars and we best not make a joke or else we're bigots and liars.

I think it's obvious our admins and moderators are very busy individuals and have not been around much. But that shouldn't matter. The youngest people here are 17; if anyone should need babysitting, it's me, Danny, and Jimmy, and that's not what's happening. Seeing all these spambots post better content than some of our regulars is just going to drive this forum down. We'll get too caught up in bashing and name-calling and denial and stubborn ways to take the time to actually know each other, make jokes, not take things so seriously, share opinions, and get this forum going again. Right now, if I were a guest, I'd be looking at other forums. I do think that next time an admin or mod stops by, it might be a good idea to suggest they appoint a new mod or two (assuming anyone's qualified and willing) just to fill in these gaps when all the others are rather busy (more to address issues and spambots than anything, but I do think a few people could use shorter leashes; Bruce kept me in line with my two suspensions and they really were beneficial to the forum).

I always liked this forum because it was reasonably small; people were friendly. I've posted on many forums and I've only ever added people from this one to MSN/email/etc. Now we don't get any quality members posting blogs and stuff in the Café to keep it light and keep people friendly. I'm sick of reading ****, and I'm not saying I make flawless posts or that there are people who add nothing to this forum. I just want to get it to a point again where people are friends first and Driver X fans second and where people can post without being jumped on. God, I prefer talking to nameless, faceless strangers on Omegle than posting here these days, and that's pathetic considering Omegle's just a bunch of 12-year-olds trollin'.

I know this will go nowhere, but I just wanted to say it. It's just a freaking forum and no one should have to make big long posts about the state of it like this. And yet here we are...

(Back to forum hunting I go...)

90% agree.

:clap3::lol: Thanks for reminding me what's good about TF1 guys. You are good people.

Below the belt!

Who were you rooting for, by the way? xD

Edit: Stupid me, of course it's Hammy! XD

nope....you are wrong...i knew Lewis wont win the championship even if won the race.... :P so I was rooting for Webber....because at that time he was the closest rival to Alonso... :P...

Now who is making stuff up? I never said or implied anything of the sort.

For instance, you are making "stuff" up right now.

I said: "Next you be trying to cash in...."

See, "next", as in the future not as in something that has happened already.

Crying? Don't flatter yourself pal, I have been involved with message boards for 6 years and had discussions with far bigger and better people than you.

Add this comment to your previous ones and it is evident you suffer from a traumatic inferiority complex.

After all, you are the genius that, in an earlier post, you claimed some nonsense about the "English" and the "German".

Amusing.

Hilarious... more so since I was gone for months and the forum was dead when I came back.

But, yeah, the insult-filled hate-posting from many around here (that you ignore even now as you post yourself) have nothing to do with what this forum is really about. Do carefully step around their insults to blame me... there you go, I'm the guy over there, the one laughing at you.

The truth is that the forum is what it is because you guys have n-tuple standards, because you are hypocrites. You allow racist, sexist, xenophobic insults depending on who post them. Simple as that. You have for years and this is the end result.

What happened the first time I came here? I was insulted by a lynching mob for _asking_a_question_ that, apparently, I was not entitled to ask. Someone else might have had the "right" to ask that quesiont, but my "English" was quickly under attack and all but _one_ of you jumped in on the lynching.

Blame me. I find it amusing. And blame my posts while others insult to their hearts content. Any "new member" (as any kind of member) can see what you pretend doesn't exist. Again, the posts are public, people. Everyone can see what the bigots post again, and again, and again. Because you agree with the bigots or don't have the guts to tell them off, it doesn't mean they are invisible... it's infantile to pretend so.

The last joke is this one (and it is an old one.) From the first days I came here, the main complaint was that I didn't let the entitled ones insult me as they pleased and talked back. Years later, you are all still whining about the same thing... while more hate-posting is happening right under your nose with your explicit or implicit encouragement.

Defences against not getting on with maure: one, adopt the same approach he takes, namely, not caring about what some anonymous person posts about you on an internet forum; two, do care, but resist the urge to reply; three, block him.

I also agree with Eric that this forum should be more lighthearted in nature (this forum is supposed to be about sport after all..), and the fact it isn't probably puts people off. So in a lighthearted spirit, hi non-members reading this, please join banana-wave.gif

i) Unfortunately we all have people we don't get on with in life. It's something you have to deal with. Your problem.

ii) Behave and be human enough and honest to yourself to admit when you do something wrong. Live and let live.

iii) Live and let die.

You're all probably honest when trying to make forums work better but you should not put just one name on the table. Put them all or none.

Just to clarify my post - I put one name 'on the table' because maure is the guy people are discussing not getting on with, Ale. He is the focal point, rightly or wrongly. Obviously it would be pointless for me to advise maure to block or ignore what Adam, Delta et al say because he won't, because he must enjoy the arguing in some form. So those three options I wrote are ways to "deal" with maure if he p**ses everyone off so much (although I accept that probably nobody will follow them anyway and keep on coming back, meh).

Just to clarify my post - I put one name 'on the table' because maure is the guy people are discussing not getting on with, Ale.

Ok, I didn't mean to point my finger to you or Eric.

Edit: To clarify a bit more mine. I just don't think maure's anything to do with the forums to be dead. Alonso fans are all gone and they don't stay long if they dare to sign in. Chris left few months ago and the forums have gone down the hill since, nothing to do with maure I think.

Hmm - Every year we see dips in forum traffic in the off season and somewhat during mid season too.

The excitement is always there most at the start and end of an F1 season.

These seasonal dips have little to do with who posts but rather that we all tend to post less - and go on holiday.

The long term decline is a different matter - that is a matter of the atmosphere and quality of the forum which has been in decline for a while.

Posters have a massive affect on the quality and tone of the discussion. And one or two posters can bring that quality way WAY down - myself included when I get p**sed off enough. <_<

Personally I liked the quieter and more respectful forum of summer where we could actually discuss F1 itself. A busy but disrespectful forum where every thread gets turned into a tool to insult other members doesn't appeal. The ammount of posting doesn't matter if most of its trolling.

I don't like the idea of banning anyone (even members who start threads about banning themselves :rolleyes:), but it's also apparent that we need the mods to get on top of things. If they can't then what else can we do but leave?

I'd rather not do that. There are plenty of people who make very worthwhile and enjoyable posts, but as I have to wade through increasing layers of bulls##t to get to the quality posts, it gets closer to the point where I'd rather not bother.

PS - the ignore option doesn't work. Every decent discussion can head south if one poster wants it to. The quality of the forum inevitably sinks to that of the most unpleasant amongst us.

EDIT typo

I miss my weekly discussions with Eric in the US racing section....always seemed like we were the only two posting in it (though we weren't). We had our digs at each other, but it was all Sh#ts and giggles, but underlying that was a mutual like of motorsport (and girls in glitter dresses [he knows what i mean]) that goes all the way back to grassroots.

I think Eric would one day make a very successful business man, teacher, or most likely; President of the USA Ban Mark Webber Coalition. I always thought he was in his 30's when I first started posting around here, and was quite taken aback when I found out he was barely out of nappies and had only recently discovered what girls were for. Eric personifies the type of person we want around here.

And of the newbies, Delta, Black Pebel etc, I have found them to be an interesting and positive addition to our little gang of nutters that we are.

However there has been one person return from an absence, and I have not seen so much swearing from one member in the three weeks or so it has been, as has been said in the past three months.

We've had some lively debate this year on blue flags, team orders at RBR, and how Schumi was never challenged in his F1 career. We've had some fun in the thread asking each other questions about who we are, and for a wee while there we even had a trivia section going, but me thinks my questions gazumped everyone as no one replied.

We started out the year wishing each other a happy one, and told each other what Santa brought us. We made our predictions for champion. We discussed the new cars. We were all saddened by the fact there was no stunning Toyota livery.

But here we are closing out the year with a very very very very very very sour taste in our mouths.

Good posters have left in the past year, eg Chris, and Nathan, and more are going to leave if this BS keeps up. The fact is though, the real BS only started recently.

I agree with Eric in that it should be friends first, driver fans second. For the record I support Hamilton, Button, Webber, Vettel, Alonso, Massa, Schumi, Rosberg, Barrichello, Hulkenburg, Kubica, Petrov, Koboyashi, Heidfeld, de la Rosa, Chandhok, Senna, Klien, Yanamoto, Kovi, Trulli, Glock, di Grassi, Liuzzi, Sutil. I do not support Leggard however.

I support motorsport. I don't care that you think Alonso is the greatest thing since sliced pizza. He still has fuzzy eyebrows. I don't care that you support Kimi and consider him the mesiah. He still likes vodka. This list could go on forever - each driver has good and bad traits. But they all do one thing I have a passion for...and that is drive cars in Formula One.

And because I have that passion it is only natural to seek out like minded people and discuss, laugh, and critique with. What I don't want is someone that comes along and calls you a liar, or little this or little that. To call anyone "little" straight away implies you are "bigger"...and thus arrogant.

I don't come here for arrogance. I don't come here to see one person continually disrespect the forum.

I come here to laugh at the bald jokes; to laugh at the flip flop sex life of our resident South Americans. I don't come here to read about someone calling someone else a bigot continuously. It's their mantra. And, like others have said, its acting like a 5-year old. Pre-school stuff.

I like Persevere's musings. I like Alehops little love stories for Alonso. I like Steph's drooling over Button. Why? Because it's all positive...never accusations or hate.

I find it amusing that Mr Delta has so quickly come to call Maure, Manure....it's not the first time he's been called that, buddy, though you got it in less than 100 posts. And we all know that he'll respond to this post, and those above it with his misguided "sarcasm", his misguided beliefs of how we live our lives, who we are friends with, what our moral codes are, or where we stand on the political line, because he is always right, and we always wrong, because he feels superior to us, and that he can never be wrong.

I've seen him write some posts that were not hatred filled vile. But he has to learn to respect others before others will respect him. I don't care for him. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he'd come back here and contribute positively and thus left him off ignore. But after three weeks, having contributed nothing but antagonism and swear words, he's back on block. So go ahead, mate (and I mean that so loosely its looser than a Kubica right rear wheel), spew your hatred, call me a little pakeha, and call Adam a little dictionary man. It'll be yet another bore to everyone that reads it. But you'll _smile_ (you do know that you can CTRL-i and you get itallics, don't you?).

I'll leave you with these words Maure. You're conceited. You're arrogant. You're not worth another word.

Nooooo...if you're going to leave a post blank you don't write anything...like this...oh buggar...screwed that one up, didn't I?

Lads this is an F1 discussion forum not a Facebook diary or life story!

Yeah! So quit with all those sexy time romp stories you South Americans, you!! Grrrr. Or there'll be an angry Irishman after you....and no one wants that!!

Ah no I'm not a fighter! I just think that pps here are losing the plot & responding to stupid replies & taking things out of proportion!

Not a fighter?!?!?! And you call yourself IRISH!!??!!!???!!!! Whats the world coming to.....

(and girls in glitter dresses [he knows what i mean]).

:lol:

Oh, how you misinterpret, Craig! I was the one wearing the glitter nappies dress.

(Well, I suppose even that would have been better to say to the parents than "I don't know.") :D

I miss my weekly discussions with Eric in the US racing section....always seemed like we were the only two posting in it (though we weren't). We had our digs at each other, but it was all Sh#ts and giggles, but underlying that was a mutual like of motorsport (and girls in glitter dresses [he knows what i mean]) that goes all the way back to grassroots.

I think Eric would one day make a very successful business man, teacher, or most likely; President of the USA Ban Mark Webber Coalition. I always thought he was in his 30's when I first started posting around here, and was quite taken aback when I found out he was barely out of nappies and had only recently discovered what girls were for. Eric personifies the type of person we want around here.

And of the newbies, Delta, Black Pebel etc, I have found them to be an interesting and positive addition to our little gang of nutters that we are.

However there has been one person return from an absence, and I have not seen so much swearing from one member in the three weeks or so it has been, as has been said in the past three months.

We've had some lively debate this year on blue flags, team orders at RBR, and how Schumi was never challenged in his F1 career. We've had some fun in the thread asking each other questions about who we are, and for a wee while there we even had a trivia section going, but me thinks my questions gazumped everyone as no one replied.

We started out the year wishing each other a happy one, and told each other what Santa brought us. We made our predictions for champion. We discussed the new cars. We were all saddened by the fact there was no stunning Toyota livery.

But here we are closing out the year with a very very very very very very sour taste in our mouths.

Good posters have left in the past year, eg Chris, and Nathan, and more are going to leave if this BS keeps up. The fact is though, the real BS only started recently.

I agree with Eric in that it should be friends first, driver fans second. For the record I support Hamilton, Button, Webber, Vettel, Alonso, Massa, Schumi, Rosberg, Barrichello, Hulkenburg, Kubica, Petrov, Koboyashi, Heidfeld, de la Rosa, Chandhok, Senna, Klien, Yanamoto, Kovi, Trulli, Glock, di Grassi, Liuzzi, Sutil. I do not support Leggard however.

I support motorsport. I don't care that you think Alonso is the greatest thing since sliced pizza. He still has fuzzy eyebrows. I don't care that you support Kimi and consider him the mesiah. He still likes vodka. This list could go on forever - each driver has good and bad traits. But they all do one thing I have a passion for...and that is drive cars in Formula One.

And because I have that passion it is only natural to seek out like minded people and discuss, laugh, and critique with. What I don't want is someone that comes along and calls you a liar, or little this or little that. To call anyone "little" straight away implies you are "bigger"...and thus arrogant.

I don't come here for arrogance. I don't come here to see one person continually disrespect the forum.

I come here to laugh at the bald jokes; to laugh at the flip flop sex life of our resident South Americans. I don't come here to read about someone calling someone else a bigot continuously. It's their mantra. And, like others have said, its acting like a 5-year old. Pre-school stuff.

I like Persevere's musings. I like Alehops little love stories for Alonso. I like Steph's drooling over Button. Why? Because it's all positive...never accusations or hate.

I find it amusing that Mr Delta has so quickly come to call Maure, Manure....it's not the first time he's been called that, buddy, though you got it in less than 100 posts. And we all know that he'll respond to this post, and those above it with his misguided "sarcasm", his misguided beliefs of how we live our lives, who we are friends with, what our moral codes are, or where we stand on the political line, because he is always right, and we always wrong, because he feels superior to us, and that he can never be wrong.

I've seen him write some posts that were not hatred filled vile. But he has to learn to respect others before others will respect him. I don't care for him. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he'd come back here and contribute positively and thus left him off ignore. But after three weeks, having contributed nothing but antagonism and swear words, he's back on block. So go ahead, mate (and I mean that so loosely its looser than a Kubica right rear wheel), spew your hatred, call me a little pakeha, and call Adam a little dictionary man. It'll be yet another bore to everyone that reads it. But you'll _smile_ (you do know that you can CTRL-i and you get itallics, don't you?).

I'll leave you with these words Maure. You're conceited. You're arrogant. You're not worth another word.

Great post, indeed. You must be doing that there book-learnin' stuff them Aussies do. ;)

I have just discovered that if I replace the letter 'u' with the letter 'v' it enables me to use expletives without being doctored. This gives me an enormous sense of expression, previously lacking. It adds weight to my every phrase. It makes me even more important than I was before.

Fvcking splendid.