Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Alonso - The Most Undeserving Champion Ever?

So he will be the first champion to win solely due to the use of team orders - there have been other uses of team orders but in all those situations, the champion finished way ahead of everyone else anyway. Well done to Red Bull for keeping the moral high ground, a term that doesn't enter the vocabulary of FIArrari and Alonso.

So he will be the first champion to win solely due to the use of team orders - there have been other uses of team orders but in all those situations, the champion finished way ahead of everyone else anyway. Well done to Red Bull for keeping the moral high ground, a term that doesn't enter the vocabulary of FIArrari and Alonso.

Morals are an irrelevance in any billion dollar sport - these are the facts of life on this planet, in this age - like it or lump it. The fact that Alonso is by far the best all-round driver package out there this year makes him 'deserving', [if he wins it] in my book. The Scuderia will always be a shadowy place of smoke and mirrors, secret covenants and treachery. I believe any team mate who is holding up the second car should let them pass. Massa has driven like a rookie this year and probably deserves the boot but Ferrari have chosen to stand by him. Why? Well, you see, team players don't make World Champions in F1 - they just help others to achieve their goals. I certainly don't remember it being any other way at Maranello. I do actually hope Nando makes it three. He is a great driver. On the other hand, Red Bull deserve the WCC for making a great car but neither driver has had much to do but keep it on the road.Sadly, they have been calamitous in the extreme and allowed the mercurial Fernando to get back in and overtake them. Though Webber would be a popular Champion for the sport, I believe it is Alonso who will make it through - deservedly. :P

EDIT: Poor grammar!

So i realize that you are referring to the 7 points that he gained in germany, but one question, How do get to conclude that he is undeserving BEFORE the championship is over? What if he does win with more then 7 points?

And since you have gone on to say that he would be the only driver who would win solely due to team order's, you sound like Germany was the only race you saw this season after which you switched of your TV, and woke up alloffa sudden to create this thread...

I disagree with you, he fought with the likes of those redbull's and is leading the championship because of the hard work that he did, which also includes what he did after Germany. When everyone almost gave up all hopes that he could win, he kept his and his teams hopes alive to reach the top position on the table.

Talking about team orders, its weird to see someone with that profile pic to point fingers to others about team orders.

As for the thread title... he won´t deserve the WC only if sum less points then Webbo or Seb. Nevertheless Keke Rosberg won a WC wining only one GP in a season...Alan Jones hit Piquet in Canada to secure his WC -not to mention he was a mediocre driver- and there were many other examples of WC like that. By the way nobody deserves a WC; everybody must win it.

As for the thread title... he won´t deserve the WC only if sum less points then Webbo or Seb. Nevertheless Keke Rosberg won a WC wining only one GP in a season...Alan Jones hit Piquet in Canada to secure his WC -not to mention he was a mediocre driver- and there were many other examples of WC like that. By the way nobody deserves a WC; everybody must win it.

Thanks for saving me the time my friend.

Kids today - no sense of history.

So i realize that you are referring to the 7 points that he gained in germany, but one question, How do get to conclude that he is undeserving BEFORE the championship is over? What if he does win with more then 7 points?

Being 7 extra points behind him in the battle forces competitors to take extra risks, in qualifying, in setup etc. So if he wins by 7.5 points, that won't automatically make his achievement laudable.

The fact that Alonso is by far the best all-round driver package out there

Really? I thought it's the guy with the big nose..

You know the one who didn't spend the first half of the season crashing and screwing up, and whose team mate is always too far behind for team orders to be a possibility.

Nope....Webber would be. Fastest car all year and STILL finds ways to moan!

(Oh come on. Now Eric's gone somebody has to keep up the Webber bashing.)

Champion?

I see you've given up already.

Considering the situation before the last race, your panic is hilarious.

You must have made yourself believe that team orders involve Ferrari requiring Vettel/Webber to let Alonso by...

Hey, Cavallino is a violent, hypocritical, infantile, ego-driven fanatic. You cannot expect him to simply say that Alonso does not "deserve" whatever Cavallino wants for himself... just like, for example, he cannot say he doesn't like lentils. His mind can only comprehend events in terms of "lentils are the worst possible food ever", "eating lentils is the surest way to die the worst possibly death", "even sighting a lentil from space will give you the worst by-far stomach-ache in the most reliable history of the worst ever stomach-aches, definitelyest human and/or surestly otherwise", the most ever etc of etc's,...

What else is new.

Hey, Cavallino is a violent, hypocritical, infantile, ego-driven fanatic. You cannot expect him to simply say that Alonso does not "deserve" whatever Cavallino wants for himself... just like, for example, he cannot say he doesn't like lentils. His mind can only comprehend events in terms of "lentils are the worst possible food ever", "eating lentils is the surest way to die the worst possibly death", "even sighting a lentil from space will give you the worst by-far stomach-ache in the most reliable history of the worst ever stomach-aches, definitelyest human and/or surestly otherwise", the most ever etc of etc's,...

What else is new.

:lol:

Welcome back dear friend :)

You know the one who didn't spend the first half of the season crashing and screwing up, and whose team mate is always too far behind for team orders to be a possibility.

I guess you have watched a different motor sport this season... maybe Nascar?

Hahahaha very funny thread. :D With the immovable object and the unstoppable force both back and starting rival threads to bait each other, things round here are looking up!

And just to add to Cav's unanswerable points, has anyone else noticed that Alonso's error-strewn early season coincided with him actually having to race his (slow) teammate - and that his driving went back to his normal level once he was clearly numero uno at Ferrari? I can't imagine he will have convinced any doubters this season. :P

Really? I thought it's the guy with the big nose..

Cyrano?

Jenson?

Or you know, the guy who is second in the championship despite being the number 2 driver in his team?

I've got it now. Lewis? I've been away.....I missed....

Hahahaha very funny thread. :D With the immovable object and the unstoppable force both back and starting rival threads to bait each other, things round here are looking up!

This thread is, indeed, a proof of concept... namely the concept elaborated on the other thread.

No bait. Sorry, pal.

And just to add to Cav's unanswerable points, has anyone else noticed that Alonso's error-strewn early season coincided with him actually having to race his (slow) teammate - and that his driving went back to his normal level once he was clearly numero uno at Ferrari? I can't imagine he will have convinced any doubters this season. :P

Your ignorance on the subject is forgiven due to the obscurity of the sources.

Alonso was favorite in Ferrari circa 5,600 BCE. Stone engravings provide ample prehistorical record for this, rather unknown, fact.