Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Alonso - The Most Undeserving Champion Ever?

Argento won this thread with the comment 'By the way nobody deserves a WC; everybody must win it'.

If he won it, he is The Most Undeserving Champion Ever.

Argento won this thread with the comment 'By the way nobody deserves a WC; everybody must win it'.

You can't win a thread - you have to deserve it. :P

Sean, you ignoramus! He is clearly referring to Pinocchio and Rosberg!

Of course, how silly of me! :blush:

Being 7 extra points behind him in the battle forces competitors to take extra risks

:eusa_think:

At one point in the season Alonso was 6th, almost 40+ points behind the leader, applying your formula of 'more the point difference the harder' ,, Alonso has worked the hardest to come clear by 8 points BEFORE the last race of the season...

But i guess you are completely ignorant(out of personal hatred i presume) of whatever has happened in F1 after Germany.

Being 7 extra points behind him in the battle forces competitors to take extra risks in qualifying, in setup etc.

HUH??? you really think redbull had to TAKE extra risk with qualifying's or the setup because alonso had those 7 points...

So after Germany everyone ahead of him were scared to $#it to see that Alonso gained 7 points, and although they had a huge lead over him,, out of a certain fear, they lost concentration on their own race(for which you expect us to be sympathetic towards others btw), eventually allowing Alonso to take the title lead,, is this what your trying to say???

So if he wins by 7.5 points, that won't automatically make his achievement laudable.

Being 7 points clear would just be an assurance that he would have done it had germany incidence never happened. (I don't think that assurance is even needed - personal opinion)

Again, according to me (or your formula of risk taking should i say), If he win's the title, its a one which he had to hunt down to claim against the bull's who had the better machine.

Take a deep breath, now think, just visualize - had schumacher been in this ferrari seat, you would have fought tooth and nail to defend as to why schumi deserves it, right,,,right?? (Saying 'NO' is not an option for you, because being a biased judge that you have come across as, you would have done it)..

So now, is it Alonso that does not deserve it, or is it just your thoughts(which you find hard to overtake) which make you feel that he does not deserve it???

Hey, Cavallino is a violent, hypocritical, infantile, ego-driven fanatic. You cannot expect him to simply say that Alonso does not "deserve" whatever Cavallino wants for himself... just like, for example, he cannot say he doesn't like lentils. His mind can only comprehend events in terms of "lentils are the worst possible food ever", "eating lentils is the surest way to die the worst possibly death", "even sighting a lentil from space will give you the worst by-far stomach-ache in the most reliable history of the worst ever stomach-aches, definitelyest human and/or surestly otherwise", the most ever etc of etc's,...

What else is new.

:D bhub,, bhub

Sean, you ignoramus! He is clearly referring to Pinocchio and Rosberg!

Pinocchio ... Is that what they call Kubica these days :P ...

This thread has really made me laugh so hard! Thanks for the best laugh I've had in a while, seriously. Cav deserves comedienne of the year. Thanks dude!

So he will be the first champion to win solely due to the use of team orders - there have been other uses of team orders but in all those situations, the champion finished way ahead of everyone else anyway. Well done to Red Bull for keeping the moral high ground, a term that doesn't enter the vocabulary of FIArrari and Alonso.

On account that Schumacher won on merit only... Every one of his title was won on merit...

Oh, wait, what Universe am I in???:eusa_think:

Like what happened in 2002, if Alonso wins this title, then what happened at Hockenheim will not be forgotten by F1 fans in a hurry. It is a shame to think that could overshadow what has otherwise been a really good season

Should Alonso win the title, he fully deserves it. He made a number of mistakes in the first half of the season (and I consider Valencia and Silverstone to be at least partly his mistakes too: in Valencia he completely lost focus for an incident that did not involve him and in Silverstone he could've easily rectified things so that no penalty needed to be given to him), but he has been amazing on the latter half. I do no approve the way Ferrari made Massa move out of Alonso's way, but in the scheme of things, that's a minor incident.

Somewhat off topic, but have people noticed how similar Alonso's and Kimi's debut seasons with Ferrari have been? A dominant start (ok, Alonso got little help from the Red Bull engine), followed by a lapse to the extent that they were both written off the WDC hunt, but with incredibly strong 2nd halfs of the season (Kimi with 7 consecutive podiums, Alonso with 5 and counting), both ending up with the WDC and most wins by a driver during the season (sure, we don't know that about Alonso yet, but could easily happen).

Somewhat off topic, but have people noticed how similar Alonso's and Kimi's debut seasons with Ferrari have been? A dominant start (ok, Alonso got little help from the Red Bull engine), followed by a lapse to the extent that they were both written off the WDC hunt, but with incredibly strong 2nd halfs of the season (Kimi with 7 consecutive podiums, Alonso with 5 and counting), both ending up with the WDC and most wins by a driver during the season (sure, we don't know that about Alonso yet, but could easily happen).

I have.

It is indeed something to consider, especially since we are talking precisely about _debut_ seasons.

Expectations are absurd nowadays.

For Webber to win the WDC all he need to do today was to out qualify his team mate. He didn't. He is in the best car and sitting 5th so he hardly deserves it. Red Bull has had plenty of opportunity to bring the championship home since Germany, which was 8 races ago!

All that has happened here is that Red Bull has had its a## handed to it but a better more focused team and driver...

The whole debate is absurd.

Alonso winning on team orders doesn't rankle me as much as the fact that Lady Luck's always giving him head.

I'm sick of this luck thing with Alonso... it was super lucky to lose a gear early in the season and even luckier

have problem in the tire change in the last gp.

Luck can't be measured, there's nothing scientific backing this luck factor thing, otherwise Ferrari and Macca would

be developing it.

Listen, Troyano, "unsick" yourself.

In this forum, Alonso is blamed for anything and everything. It's been going on for years. You might as well sit back an enjoy the preposterous claims and truly surrealist things some of these folks force themselves to believe.

Then, if you feel like having a laugh, push these goons a bit and they will quickly be contradicting themselves so that what they claim makes Alonso evil/immoral/whatever is, in fact, precisely what makes the driver they worship (usually Hamilton) a god.

Hypocrisy around here is quite common... as it is violence against Alonso and anyone that laughs at the goons.