Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS

Abu Dhabi

Hey Jay, I wouldn't say Vettel is the definition of a real racing driver...

Still, I'm kinda glad he won :D Incredible race, Ferrari screwed up big time!

jeez - and hey did it without (obvious) team orders - hats off to them - I promised I would.

RedBull´s choice won! -or you think Webbo had the same car the last 5 races? Stefano you screwed it up! Nando lost the WC for his early pit stop. Whatever Red Bull had the best car by far, and if they have had the best driver the WC should be over 5 races ago!

Nando wouldn't have lost the WDC with his pitstop were it not for the safety car. It allowed Rosie & the 2 canaries to pit & rejoin with no penalty.

I's sorry for all of you who won't like this but I have to say it:

Alonso failed big time to emulate Kimi and winning for Ferrari during his first season with the team. :naughty: Go Kimi.

Nando wouldn't have lost the WDC with his pitstop were it not for the safety car. It allowed Rosie & the 2 canaries to pit & rejoin with no penalty.

Since the SC was history when Stefano and co. called him to pits and Rosie and co. have already stopped, then the only variable left is...

yes.... you can... Strategy!

So Stefano and co. screwed up because they were thinking about Weebo´s race not Seb´s. A very, very big mistake for a big team...

Yeah, but suddenly Webbo was off Seb pace... but the car were the same!

Massa was hopelessly off Alonso's pace all year round (except Germany). What does that tell you?

Hehe....autosport live forum meltdown after Fernando threatened Vitaly after the race Mafia style.... :clap3:

Mastah: fred is MORON :angry:

Doubtfire: Alonso and Petrov :blink:

Arn: haha idiot alonso

ensign14: Classy Alonso. Again. :thbdn:

Slackbladder: lol...at alonso

fauxhemian: ahahahaha alonso you knob end

jk: Alonso :thbdn:

peroa: lol alonso threatening petrov :D

FlashMaster: hahahahahahah Alonso

SuperDaan: rofl alonso

wewantourdarbyback: Fred :angry:

Dalton007: ALONSO <_<

Scotracer: AHAHAHAHAHAHA Failonso

pacwest: Alonso is an a$$hole

AndyW35: Alonsl :furious:

rolf123: lol brundle "get real son "

karlth: Alonso blaming Petrov!

wingwalker: sCREW YOU, FRED!

grunge: alonso

Betty Swollox: waambulance for ALO

wrighty: awwwww alonso spitting the dummy

Johnrambo: ALONSO YOU ARE A FUKIN LOSER

Doubtfire: What an excellent loser

purplesector: ha ha brundle giving it to fred

Fudce: Top marks to Brundle...

MSf: Alonso

Anomnader: LOL at Alonso

panzani: Alonso is an idiot! He was behind!

Slackbladder: what a knob

Haribo: Alonso having a go at Petrov - LOOOOOSER

Coral: Did Alonso wave his fist at Petrov? Moron!

Amrl: CURSE YOU VITALY PETROV

Enkei: Alonso, you sucker

DarthWillie: epic drive by Vettel

anbeck: hard to imagine a better season than this. It had just everything and we weren't sure until the very end.

ColchesterF1: Bless him, as a Team not driver fan im happy Mclaren got P2. Alonso is shocking...

Youichi: I liked petrov swerving at him

Mastah: that showed how low he is

Fortymark: Alonso, WTF??

f1fastestlap: alonso idiot

McLarenforever: I cannot believe it.....Alonso and Ferrari blew it..they deserve it for team orders

DrChatNuff: Alonso

Crafty: brundle

Johnrambo: ALONSO GO to HELL

Timstr11: Alonso fist at Petrov

Lord Snooty: Fred not happy with petrov: Brundle's comment to Fred 'Get real son'

AndyW35: Well done Petrov

nsidb: lol alonso stupid

peroa: alonso is a f*ckin' a##

Dalton007: LOL I love it!!!!!!!

Diablobb81: cry me a river Teflonso

HP: Vettel great today, Webber, well today his drive wasn't even worth a #2

Risil: Robby Gordon-esque swerve from Petrov there. Silly Fred.

Coral: Alonso deserves to win nothing

D A: alonso sore loser

rolf123: if alonso blame petrov that is sour grapses. petrov not once even had to defend his line. cra p track and cr ap cars

carbonfibre: f*ucking loser Alonso

PLAYLIFE: awesome, well done VETTEL!

Arn: hahaha alonso, than will win you even more fans

Dalton007: this is what we want, some fights

pacwest: If Fred says ONE word about Petrov I'm going to go out of my way to malign him

wewantourdarbyback:

wingwalker: no dounuts?

SuperDaan: even of alonso would get passed petrov there was always nico who he had to pass also

fauxhemian: Petrov Alonso you showed your true colours

Brundle - "You expect him to jump out of the way? Get real son!"

Lord Snooty: Brundle: 'Get real son'

AndyW35: Suddenly more happy Seb got it after that from Fred

nsidb: everyone has to move aside for his lord Alonso

Darrenj: Alonso should only be angry with himself

wrighty: well i dunno about anyone else but i thought that was a superb finish to a superb season

Red Bull garage party with Italian music on...oh the irony...

Congrats Sebastian. Well done!!

To the Ferrari brass, they need to replace Stefano D. asap. He has shown he has faults devising strategies for races and he really blew it on this one. I am still surprised at the turn of events in Abu Dhabi and it just shows SD is in way over his head. i will be stunned if he is around next year. This should never have happened. If you're going to lose the race, don't lose it through stupid decisions. Ferrari had no right winning the chanpionship this year with SD at the helm.

Sebastian Vettel deserved it. He was by far the best racer out there today.

Congrats Sebastian. Well done!!

To the Ferrari brass, they need to replace Stefano D. asap. He has shown he has faults devising strategies for races and he really blew it on this one. I am still surprised at the turn of events in Abu Dhabi and it just shows SD is in way over his head. i will be stunned if he is around next year. This should never have happened. If you're going to lose the race, don't lose it through stupid decisions. Ferrari had no right winning the chanpionship this year with SD at the helm.

Sebastian Vettel deserved it. He was by far the best racer out there today.

They shoud have done it yesterday, I think I will never support Ferrari again as long as that guy is leading the team.

Hehe....autosport live forum meltdown after Fernando threatened Vitaly after the race Mafia style.... :clap3:

wrighty: well i dunno about anyone else but i thought that was a superb finish to a superb season

So that's where those missing biggots hang out - we ought to send out invites. :lol:

Actually I was a bit surprised by Alonso's reaction to my man Petrov - but hey, I'd be looking for someone to blame if I were him too.

Never mind.

EDIT - oh yes - and I agree with wrighty - superb finish to a superb season.

They shoud have done it yesterday, I think I will never support Ferrari again as long as that guy is leading the team.

I so wish they somehow bring on briatore to the team, i know can't be dont next year, but WFT, they just got intimidated by webbers pit stop, they completely forgot they were racing vettle as well, how stupid is that.

I so wish they somehow bring on briatore to the team, i know can't be dont next year, but WFT, they just got intimidated by webbers pit stop, they completely forgot they were racing vettle as well, how stupid is that.

I don't like Briatore too much eather but rather have him instead of S.D.

James allen on twitter: 'Vettel reveals that his engineer wrote Monza on his balaclava. "As it's a word that makes me feel good because I won my 1st GP there'

Wow!!! So little happened on track, so much happened in F1 history!

First of all, Eli is back!!!!!!!! :D

Great race for Vettel, indeed the best package. Had RBR managed this better, they could have been cellebrating at least one race earlier. Good for us that they didn't! Anyways, I hope Vettel never, ever wins again if it will mean hearing him crying over the radio and that stupid Red Bull hat. :lol:

Alonso, well...it was his race to lose, and amazingly he did so. Certainly, bad luck played its part but he already complicated his chances with that lousy start. Strategy might have been the team, but Alonso is not a guy that simply takes orders in that respect, I am sure that either it was his call or he did not challenge the team's strategy, in any case, he is still to blame. On the bright side, there is nothing to be ashamed of. He still came out of nowhere to become the WDC runner-up against all odds. Wonderful season!

Hamiilton, the guy has taken another step towards greatness. I still think is the only one in the same league as Alonso. Only the huge superiority of the RBRs camouflaged the talent of the other contenders.

Button, back to his old self with no miracle car. A great driver, an even nicer guy but he lacks that hunger,that fire that separates the natural born racers from the rest. WHat you can't take away from the guy is his dignity. And today he was the champion in that sense. Pity it showed up 18 races too late (that last phrase is for Steph's benefit :P)

Webber...oh, boy. If the championship belonged to nicest, most sincere guys, Webbo would have ended up there with Button. I don't know what happened this weekend but it was certainly a very lousy way to loose a championship. He was a shadow since Friday. I can't help but feel sorry for him, but at the same time must recognize that Vettel "deserved" it more, as much as it hurts me to say that.

Massa. Who???

Sepcial mention to the satars of the race: Petrov and Kubica! They both had amazing race (at the worst possible moment :lol:) Petrov drove for the first and only time not only as a good defensive driver (he already had some great battles against Lewis and Schumi earlier in the season) but what amazed me is that the guy didn't make a single mistake. Made Alonso look and drive like a rookie. Good job you b#####d! :lol:

Kubica, the most deserving champion if there was one this season. 'Nuff said.

Alonso won the WDC in the F1 videogame. You *have* to keep up your promise. In real life , not in sim city!

you have just inspired me....

Since the SC was history when Stefano and co. called him to pits and Rosie and co. have already stopped, then the only variable left is...

yes.... you can... Strategy!

So Stefano and co. screwed up because they were thinking about Weebo´s race not Seb´s. A very, very big mistake for a big team...

I see your point. They should have let Alonso stay out until he built up a cushion of 25 seconds or so over Rosie. In that event he certainly would have finished 4th.

Both Kimi & Vettel have pulled off amazing Houdini acts (note, I said "Houdini" , not "Harry Houdini"). But I think Kimster's was an unlikelier and more unbelievable thingy.

Both Kimi & Vettel have pulled off amazing Houdini acts (note, I said "Houdini" , not "Harry Houdini"). But I think Kimster's was an unlikelier and more unbelievable thingy.

Many parallels between the two. Glad Vettel has 1x WDC to his name, and even happier it's not Alonso 3x WDC.

Perhaps not the most entertaining race of all time in terms of overtaking (although I did enjoy the Kubica/Kobayashi/Hamilton battle) but very engaging viewing in terms of just viewing it from a championship perspective.

I said before the race that anything could still happen, and I was right!

Ferrari screwed the pooch up today. I was baffled by their decision to pit Massa when he was still going very fast on the lap he pitted and even more baffled on the reasons they pitted Alonso. They'll be back in 2011 though.

Tough luck for Webber....I feel the pressure just got to him this weekend. He's been average at best and despite Alonso being held up by Petrovski for most the race, Webber wasn't exactly all over the back of Alonso's gearbox either.

As I've said in other topics, great end to a really great season. If 2011 is even as half as good as this eyar was, we'll be in for another treat.

Nico, the unnoticed performer of the day. But Schumi's almost there in getting Nico's number; and could have possibly finished ahead.

And kudos to Petrovodka & Kubi.