Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS

Abu Dhabi

On the Schumacher thing, very glad to see he got out of that alright. Slow speed accident, but still very scary.

Disappointing. Michael's been steadily improving over the last few races and has been consistently there or there abouts when it comes to Nico's pace.

I seriously hope he sticks around and find the Pirellis to his liking. Having him in the championship hunt for '11 would just add a new dimension.

Massa was hopelessly off Alonso's pace all year round (except Germany). What does that tell you?

Massa was #2 driver, the same position Webber had after his "not bad for a second driver" statement.

I see your point. They should have let Alonso stay out until he built up a cushion of 25 seconds or so over Rosie. In that event he certainly would have finished 4th.

If they followed the Macca´s he finished 4th as he passed the first lap!

I guess Red Bull have the last laugh on the people who criticised them for not using team orders at Brazil, and said that they where throwing away the title. Ultimately, I feel the right man won this title, if it wasn't for his mechanical failures he'd have had it a couple of races ago.

I guess Red Bull have the last laugh on the people who criticised them for not using team orders at Brazil, and said that they where throwing away the title. Ultimately, I feel the right man won this title, if it wasn't for his mechanical failures he'd have had it a couple of races ago.

Agreed...

A World Championship isn't something you deserve, you have to win it. That's what RB and Vettel did so congratulations to them.

In Abu Dhabi Red Bull did what they had to do, not much. Ferrari changed his approach to the last race and they didn't aim to the podium, they obsessively focused on Webber and their only aim was to finish ahead of him. When Webber pitted and he came out behind Petrov and Rosberg, both of whom had already pitted for new tyres during the Safety Car period, there was only one driver Ferrari had to take care of, Vettel. But they didn't change the focus in Ferrari and that was it. A costly mistake in the last race of the season but you don't lose a Championship in just one race, do you?

It seems Montezemolo, Domenicalli and Stella have admitted the mistake and have taken Alonso out of the earthquake they have in Italy under their feet. I expect some changes in Ferrari just to remove the egg from their faces, and to avoid a nightmare if they make another mistake early in 2011. In all truth, what they need next year is a good car all season through like the RB6. The red bulls will be strong in 2011 and I expect other teams like Mercedes GP and Renault in good shape, in a better shape no doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if Ferrari or McLaren, maybe both of them, don't have a dream-like season.

It has been an entertaining season 'just by chance', with the help of Alonso and Ferrari or the FIA when needed. In 'normal circumstances' Red Bull would have clinched both titles long before the last race.

Ferrari where suckered by Red Bull. Something I feel that would not have happened in the days where Ross called the shots.

:roll:

That b#####d thought he could inherited another championship!

Inherit? with 5 victories and the third best car? are you so blind? They only one inheriting anything was Kimi with Ferrari... thanks to

the lame handling of the team by macca.

You're just a plain hater, like me with Hami, but at least I recognize that he is fast even though I don't like it.

Ferrari where suckered by Red Bull. Something I feel that would not have happened in the days where Ross called the shots.

thats true

I also worried for Schumacher - that could of been one of the most horrific accidents ever !

What a great season

Cant wait for 2011

It was indeed lucky. There have been some truly horrible accidents of late... Ralf Schumacher 2004 and 2005, Coulthard/Wurz 2007, Kubica 2007, Kovalinen 2008, Webber and Schumacher 2010... It's a mixture of luck and design improvement that has saved lives in F1, I dread the day that we see another fatality in F1, but you still get the occasional reminder what a tremendously dangerous sport it is.

Inherit? with 5 victories and the third best car? are you so blind? They only one inheriting anything was Kimi with Ferrari... thanks to

the lame handling of the team by macca.

I'm not sure I understand the logic here. Alonso won 5 races out of 19, two of those when Vettel had to retire due to engine problems. In 2007, Kimi won 6 out of 17 races, against 4 for Fernando and Lewis and 3 for Felipe. If anything, Kimi deserved that WDC more than Alonso did this, and I think had Alonso clinched it, he had deserved this one (Vettel did deserve it more though, imo, given the amount of points he lost due to that Renault engine).

I'm not sure I understand the logic here. Alonso won 5 races out of 19, two of those when Vettel had to retire due to engine problems. In 2007, Kimi won 6 out of 17 races, against 4 for Fernando and Lewis and 3 for Felipe. If anything, Kimi deserved that WDC more than Alonso did this, and I think had Alonso clinched it, he had deserved this one (Vettel did deserve it more though, imo, given the amount of points he lost due to that Renault engine).

You won´t need to deserve WC, you only must win it!!!!!!!!! "deserve" is a mental trap use to justify whatever...the use of the word "deserve" doesn´t seems to show some smart thinking. Sorry, I´m not trying to be rough but I´m not a teenage anymore -I grew up a few months ago!

I don´t like Vettel; but he is the 2011 WC. Fact. He got the best car and made things better than the other drivers to achieve the WC. End of discussion. Then we can analyse how Ferrari and MacLaren reacted to the early Red Bull supremacy and how many mistakes drivers and teams made during the season... but the result will be the same. Sadly for me. And still make happy others forum members. That´s it.

You won´t need to deserve WC, you only must win it!!!!!!!!! "deserve" is a mental trap use to justify whatever...the use of the word "deserve" doesn´t seems to show some smart thinking. Sorry, I´m not trying to be rough but I´m not a teenage anymore -I grew up a few months ago!

I don´t like Vettel; but he is the 2011 WC. Fact. He got the best car and made things better than the other drivers to achieve the WC. End of discussion. Then we can analyse how Ferrari and MacLaren reacted to the early Red Bull supremacy and how many mistakes drivers and teams made during the season... but the result will be the same. Sadly for me. And still make happy others forum members. That´s it.

Nobody could have said it better, Sir.

Excepto la parte en negrita. :D

but you must admit that Alonso deserve his Red Skirt I mean his Ferrari :naughty:

I could'nt bother to go into details like u did, when you throw facts at them, they normally don't end up changing opinion anyway, like they do. It's like talking to a wall, that's I why say things in a certain manner to evoke emotion and response. I got it, like all the other times, which pleases me.

Ole

Young Vettel will do the necessary. The penalty will be having to look at Christian Horner's smug face endlessly on TV and hearing his voice on numerous podcasts, does he do anything else at the circuits?

1 Vettel

2 Alonso

3 Hamilton

4 Button

5 Massa

6 Schumacher

7 Rosberg

8 Webber

9 Kubica

Ole Peeps

Thought I'd have a look back to before the season began and check my prediction. Well what do you know I got the first two right. OK, so I totally missed with Webber and got the Rosberg Schumacher outcome the wrong way round but with the rest I'm there or thereabouts with their final championship standings. Some days I'm good, other days I'm just brilliant!!

I was pleased that Vettel won the championship in the end. The way he finished off the season was fantastic. Kept his head together and was able to put in the performances when it really mattered. He could of easily let it all get on top of him and tightened up as we saw happen with his teammate. He won it in the correct fashion.

It was a shame for Webber in the way that it slipped through his fingers. He will get another crack at it next year. All those who say this is his best shot should remember Mansell and what he achieved late in his career (and it pains me to metion his name). Mark's got to take the positives out of 2010 and move forward from here. He can challenge again in 2011. The trouble Webber might find is that Vettel may well move up a gear in his performace level with a title under his belt. It will give him an huge confidence boost that will translate to time on the stopwatch. And he was already quick enough. You find that new world champions drive better the next year. I think its because the self imposed pressure of achieving their ultimate goal has been taken from them and they can express themselves more, coupled with that confidence that makes you feel you can walk on water.

Can't believe that Alonso and Ferrari lost the title, and they did lose the title. I would have put my house on them being world champions going into the last race with an 8 point lead. Alonso very diplomatic after the race. Would have loved to be in the Ferrari paddock area when he walked in to have the debrief. I bet he was so diplomatic then.

The race itself wasn't much to right home about if I'm honest. Once Vettel got into the lead it was only going to be mechanical failure that would stop him.

2010 has been a very good season. Not a great season as has been talked up by the BBC and others. The races at the end of the year sought of let the show down. Red Bull was the faster car at the end of the year and the others (McLaren & Ferrari) couldn't develop their cars to match it's speed. There was no way that they could take the fight to Red Bull.

Already looking forward to 2011. Maybe Eddie Jordan will lose his voice over the winter. Here's hoping.

Tchau for now.

I could'nt bother to go into details like u did, when you throw facts at them, they normally don't end up changing opinion anyway, like they do. It's like talking to a wall, that's I why say things in a certain manner to evoke emotion and response. I got it, like all the other times, which pleases me.

First of all, you say things in a very offensive not objective way, and if that pleases you good for you, but I don't think is the proper way to communicate

about a sport.

Second, Alonso also suffered engine blows (does anybody remember the massive engine problems Ferrari suffered in the first half of the season?) and gearbox problems and a pretty sad strategy from the Ferrari

pitwall in many races. So we lost also quite some points there.

Third, I'm not saying Vettel doesn't deserve to win it, I'm just saying Alonso wasn't inheriting it.

Please think twice about responding and read more carefully the thread.

Please think twice about responding and read more carefully the thread.

Sorry, you're asking for too much there. You'll get to know him if you stay long enough around here.

Sorry, you're asking for too much there. You'll get to know him if you stay long enough around here.

Believe me... I was reading these forums for a long time with no participation, until I was so fed

up from the comments of people like him and Cavalino that I decided to join.

Believe me... I was reading these forums for a long time with no participation, until I was so fed

up from the comments of people like him and Cavalino that I decided to join.

So... you know the whole lot of them and you still decided to join?

It's probably because of some other members around here, I guess.

In any case, nice to meet you.